Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Ultrasone Pro 900 Vs Sony XB 1000 Or Suggestions For Subsonic bass-head cans? Last post on 9/17/13 at 10:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Headphones: Best Overall Headphones ~$150. True or False? Last post on 8/18/13 at 6:44am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The Deals Thread II. (READ THE FIRST POST!) Last post on 8/21/13 at 8:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Between those 3 headphones which one is the best Last post on 2/27/13 at 5:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 12/16/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
Intro This was my first real pair of headphones, and they satisfied me for two years. So it is only fitting that my first headphone review be on these awesome headphones. The HD598s are a great...
Introduction First I want to start with an "I'm sorry" because I took so long to write this and to top it off, I feel as if the review was a "waste of time" because, well, I don't see it as very...
This is a review of the Noble 8c, an eight drivers 4 ways ciems. You could check the specs on the noble web site. Please be kind in your critics, as this is my first review ever, and that English...
Porta Pros simply made the biggest difference for me when listening to music as I have switched from some low-end sony in-ear to them and suddenly when playing the same song music became more rich...
From the moment Charles told me about the new project that he was working on, “Project Palaios”, I was intrigued. A wooden amp? That’s certainly not what you hear everyday and from the pictures...
The Basshead Club - Page 224post #3346 of 845911/28/12 at 7:20am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3347 of 845911/28/12 at 8:06ampost #3348 of 845911/28/12 at 8:11amQuote:
Oh yea I had completely forgotten about these, stop releasing so many interesting headphones atm, I can't keep up!post #3349 of 845911/28/12 at 8:49ampost #3350 of 845911/28/12 at 8:53amQuote:
I haven't seen the WS99s around yet, but the WS77 is already on sale here in SG. They look like a bigger, prettier WS55, and I'm pretty impressed by its looks alone. I'll definitely take the WS77 for a spin one of these days.
But once again, AT puts a Y-cord when they could have gone for a nice, single cord. Look at their Solid Bass and Earsuit line - they could have gone with single cord for their flagships, at least.post #3351 of 845911/28/12 at 8:53amQuote:
Hence, my poor wallet. It's a really expensive hobby! :(post #3352 of 845911/28/12 at 11:34am
Man...I wasn't expecting that finding my perfect, under $200, over-ear (but portable), closed design, decent sounding, basshead headphone was going to be so difficult.post #3353 of 845911/28/12 at 12:36pmpost #3354 of 845911/28/12 at 12:44pmpost #3355 of 845911/28/12 at 1:09pmpost #3356 of 845911/28/12 at 3:39pmpost #3357 of 845911/28/12 at 3:46pmpost #3358 of 845911/28/12 at 5:15pmpost #3359 of 845911/29/12 at 3:16am
my lcd-2's just came in :)
BLAO! there goes my disposable income until like febuary :(
initial impressions just based off like first hour with them, bass wise they're earily reminiscent of the xb1000's in terms of sub bass, they reach down deep, but where this trumps all my other basshead cans, MIDS!!!!
creamy, peanut butter jif smooth mids! finally powerful bass and lyrics i can actually hear now!
xb500's slam harder tho, these are still open cans after all, but so far, color me impressed, i'll be back with more impressions and comparisons after i've spent some more time with thempost #3360 of 845911/29/12 at 9:30pm
Had to eq the sh$% out of my friends dt770 / 600 to get real godlike gooey bass. I hope the beyer COPs I have on order don't need this much eq to get the same level of bass though.
- The Basshead Club
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › looking for new cans...need inputs. 17 seconds ago
- › REVIEW - Yulong Audio Sabre DA8 Reference DAC 19 seconds ago
- › Strengthening Fiio L3 strain relief 37 seconds ago
- › Amp for DT 990 Pro + Xonar DG 1 minute ago
- › Bravo V2 Amp - Sketchy Ordering 1 minute ago
- › Rank the IEM's you've heard 1 minute ago
- › Review and Comparison of the $200 Open-Back Underdogs: The AKG K612... 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Vision Ears and Rhines Custom Monitors (formerly Compact Monitors) 2 minutes ago
- › Dunu DN-1000 - Dunu's hybrid IEM - Appreciation thread 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by davisman
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by gelocks
- › Noble Audio 8C by John0405
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by cipurian
- › Project Palaios: Iona by lin0003
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by getclikinagas
- › JAYS T00093 a-JAYS Five Earphones for Android - Black by mark2410
- › Beats Pro Over-Ear Headphone (White) by DigitalGrounder
- › AMB Laboratories γ2 (Gamma2) by JustinBieber
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by kmaenpaa
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe