Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") Last post on Today at 8:41 am in Headphones (full-size)
- Suggestions for a $200 over the ear headphone, mostly for EDM/Dubstep Last post on 4/6/14 at 7:48am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Ultrasone Pro 900 Vs Sony XB 1000 Or Suggestions For Subsonic bass-head cans? Last post on 9/17/13 at 10:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Headphones: Best Overall Headphones ~$150. True or False? Last post on 8/18/13 at 6:44am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
The Basshead Club - Page 224
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I haven't seen the WS99s around yet, but the WS77 is already on sale here in SG. They look like a bigger, prettier WS55, and I'm pretty impressed by its looks alone. I'll definitely take the WS77 for a spin one of these days.
But once again, AT puts a Y-cord when they could have gone for a nice, single cord. Look at their Solid Bass and Earsuit line - they could have gone with single cord for their flagships, at least.
Man...I wasn't expecting that finding my perfect, under $200, over-ear (but portable), closed design, decent sounding, basshead headphone was going to be so difficult.
my lcd-2's just came in :)
BLAO! there goes my disposable income until like febuary :(
initial impressions just based off like first hour with them, bass wise they're earily reminiscent of the xb1000's in terms of sub bass, they reach down deep, but where this trumps all my other basshead cans, MIDS!!!!
creamy, peanut butter jif smooth mids! finally powerful bass and lyrics i can actually hear now!
xb500's slam harder tho, these are still open cans after all, but so far, color me impressed, i'll be back with more impressions and comparisons after i've spent some more time with them
Had to eq the sh$% out of my friends dt770 / 600 to get real godlike gooey bass. I hope the beyer COPs I have on order don't need this much eq to get the same level of bass though.
- The Basshead Club
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Sennheiser HD449 vs Skullcandy Hesh 2.0 6 seconds ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 8 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 43 seconds ago
- › Looking for the amps that do it all! 54 seconds ago
- › Your 5 newest CDs (or LPs) 59 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 1 minute ago
- › Adam Artist 3 vs Aktimate Mini Plus 1 minute ago
- › Bicycle-Fi! 2 minutes ago
- › DC Area Head-Fi Meet - Saturday, November 1, 2014 2 minutes ago
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by twister6
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Kamakahah
- › Comply Custom Wraps by ClieOS
- › Bowers & Wilkins P5 Mobile Headphones by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by DwightLooi
- › FIDUE A81 In-Ear Noise Isolating Earphones Heaphones with High-End... by Brooko
- › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones by monitorlove
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by ballbarn
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)