Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Suggestions for a $200 over the ear headphone, mostly for EDM/Dubstep Last post on 3/4/14 at 8:16pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Ultrasone Pro 900 Vs Sony XB 1000 Or Suggestions For Subsonic bass-head cans? Last post on 9/17/13 at 10:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Headphones: Best Overall Headphones ~$150. True or False? Last post on 8/18/13 at 6:44am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The Deals Thread II. (READ THE FIRST POST!) Last post on 8/21/13 at 8:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
I was asked to listen to the Musical Fidelity MF100 and received them about 4 weeks ago. I get quite a lot of headphones through my door, I only review the ones I like and I like these a lot. I...
Got the SE846 last week and did some hours of comparison with my current SE535. My bias was towards keeping them - I like flagship products as a "there is nothing better" products, i.e. do not...
So I finally broke my go to earbuds, and went searching for a replacement. I was actually so disappointed with these things that I made it a point to get out and put out a review. Bass continuously...
I was looking for closed headphones with a pricetag up to €200 that could be used without an amp. After some research and listening sessions I bought the M50x. There's really not a lot to say about...
If you look at my profile, I stay within a small range of products that have worked for my son and I. These include V-Moda, Westone, Audio Technica and Klipsch. Each have their own strenghts,...
The Basshead Club - Page 224post #3346 of 986511/28/12 at 7:20am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3347 of 986511/28/12 at 8:06ampost #3348 of 986511/28/12 at 8:11amQuote:
Oh yea I had completely forgotten about these, stop releasing so many interesting headphones atm, I can't keep up!post #3349 of 986511/28/12 at 8:49ampost #3350 of 986511/28/12 at 8:53amQuote:
I haven't seen the WS99s around yet, but the WS77 is already on sale here in SG. They look like a bigger, prettier WS55, and I'm pretty impressed by its looks alone. I'll definitely take the WS77 for a spin one of these days.
But once again, AT puts a Y-cord when they could have gone for a nice, single cord. Look at their Solid Bass and Earsuit line - they could have gone with single cord for their flagships, at least.post #3351 of 986511/28/12 at 8:53amQuote:
Hence, my poor wallet. It's a really expensive hobby! :(post #3352 of 986511/28/12 at 11:34am
Man...I wasn't expecting that finding my perfect, under $200, over-ear (but portable), closed design, decent sounding, basshead headphone was going to be so difficult.post #3353 of 986511/28/12 at 12:36pmpost #3354 of 986511/28/12 at 12:44pmpost #3355 of 986511/28/12 at 1:09pmpost #3356 of 986511/28/12 at 3:39pmpost #3357 of 986511/28/12 at 3:46pmpost #3358 of 986511/28/12 at 5:15pmpost #3359 of 986511/29/12 at 3:16am
my lcd-2's just came in :)
BLAO! there goes my disposable income until like febuary :(
initial impressions just based off like first hour with them, bass wise they're earily reminiscent of the xb1000's in terms of sub bass, they reach down deep, but where this trumps all my other basshead cans, MIDS!!!!
creamy, peanut butter jif smooth mids! finally powerful bass and lyrics i can actually hear now!
xb500's slam harder tho, these are still open cans after all, but so far, color me impressed, i'll be back with more impressions and comparisons after i've spent some more time with thempost #3360 of 986511/29/12 at 9:30pm
Had to eq the sh$% out of my friends dt770 / 600 to get real godlike gooey bass. I hope the beyer COPs I have on order don't need this much eq to get the same level of bass though.
- The Basshead Club
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › LFF's Enigma (new from the maker of the Paradox) 55 seconds ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 3 minutes ago
- › Used FiiO E10 broken? 4 minutes ago
- › The Astell and Kern AK240 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › AKG K340 and perfect amplifying solution 5 minutes ago
- › Skeptico Saloon: An Objectivist Joint 8 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 preview world tour--first arrivals on page 19, first... 8 minutes ago
- › Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones 8 minutes ago
- › Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (24-bit/192KHz) 9 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 9 minutes ago
- › Musical Fidelity MF-100 High Quality On-Ear Headphones by astroid
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by agistrilink
- › NCredible NErgy In-Ear Headphones by Monster® by tevbax
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by De_klusjesman
- › Klipsch S3M-Blue-HP In-Ear Headphone, Blue by DaddyMojo
- › Unique Melody Mentor acrylic universal/custom by svyr
- › Fischer Audio TBA-04 IEM by exsomnis
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude