Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") Last post on Today at 2:33 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Suggestions for a $200 over the ear headphone, mostly for EDM/Dubstep Last post on 4/6/14 at 7:48am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Ultrasone Pro 900 Vs Sony XB 1000 Or Suggestions For Subsonic bass-head cans? Last post on 9/17/13 at 10:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Headphones: Best Overall Headphones ~$150. True or False? Last post on 8/18/13 at 6:44am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 8/29/14
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images The formula above in the title simply refers to Sound Quality + Build Quality + Perceived Value. ...
So I've had this thing for a bit now... first one to ship into the wild and arrive at its home. I'd say I'm pretty confident I know what this thing sounds like. The interface is classic...
Let's keep this short. There are better headphones out there without any cons. The Grado RS1i can get shouty at times or give a bit of weird bass. The comfort isn't great either although I changed...
First of all, I have bought these headphones exactly one week ago. I have upgraded to these from my Superlux 668b. I will do a review now, and update it after another couple of weeks worth...
I am from China and I'd like to say Chinese people are lucky enough to have the opportunity to reach most of device in the area of audio especially some brand only provided in China.So it made me...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
The Basshead Club - Page 224
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I haven't seen the WS99s around yet, but the WS77 is already on sale here in SG. They look like a bigger, prettier WS55, and I'm pretty impressed by its looks alone. I'll definitely take the WS77 for a spin one of these days.
But once again, AT puts a Y-cord when they could have gone for a nice, single cord. Look at their Solid Bass and Earsuit line - they could have gone with single cord for their flagships, at least.
Man...I wasn't expecting that finding my perfect, under $200, over-ear (but portable), closed design, decent sounding, basshead headphone was going to be so difficult.
my lcd-2's just came in :)
BLAO! there goes my disposable income until like febuary :(
initial impressions just based off like first hour with them, bass wise they're earily reminiscent of the xb1000's in terms of sub bass, they reach down deep, but where this trumps all my other basshead cans, MIDS!!!!
creamy, peanut butter jif smooth mids! finally powerful bass and lyrics i can actually hear now!
xb500's slam harder tho, these are still open cans after all, but so far, color me impressed, i'll be back with more impressions and comparisons after i've spent some more time with them
Had to eq the sh$% out of my friends dt770 / 600 to get real godlike gooey bass. I hope the beyer COPs I have on order don't need this much eq to get the same level of bass though.
- The Basshead Club
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 52 seconds ago
- › The DX90 by iBasso . . . Sound impressions . . . . . . . New... 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Chord Hugo 1 minute ago
- › Obscure Chinese DAPs 1 minute ago
- › The scientific merit of Pono 3 minutes ago
- › Audio-gd NFB-29 (Single Ended Master Race lol) 6 minutes ago
- › THE best female vocals? (your favorite female singers) 7 minutes ago
- › VSONIC GR07 Impressions & Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1, FiiO X5 +... 7 minutes ago
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Audio-gd NFB29 by kvtaco17
- › Grado RS1i Reference Series Headphones by Textfeud
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC Headphone Amplifier by cripple1
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)