I prefer the XB500 over the XB700 hands down. They have much more bass impact, mids are alot more forward (although not as detailed) and even highs are a bit better.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") Last post on Today at 8:26 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Suggestions for a $200 over the ear headphone, mostly for EDM/Dubstep Last post on 4/6/14 at 7:48am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Ultrasone Pro 900 Vs Sony XB 1000 Or Suggestions For Subsonic bass-head cans? Last post on 9/17/13 at 10:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Headphones: Best Overall Headphones ~$150. True or False? Last post on 8/18/13 at 6:44am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 11/28/14
I compared them to many other BT Headphones. A real comparison will be posted sooner or later in the "Huge Comparison" thread in the Forum. I liked them. They have personality. Warm signature,...
Well, I can't really write much more than what I wrote for the E40. They are the same in everything except that the E50 is bigger and have at least some bass. Actually, to really be honest,...
The only reason to buy these Headphones is if you want to give money to JBL in change of a big JBL logo on your head. Or if you hate Paul McCartney and want to listen to the Beatles without any...
The other reviewer said enough and in detail, so I will limit myself in giving my very brief opinion of their sound. Later on in the Forum, in the "Huge Comparison" thread, I will make a sort of...
I have tested 16 BT Headphones for weeks. I have opened a Thread about this huge comparison, on the Forum. I know that tastes are tastes. So I will never say that my opinion is "better". But...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
The Basshead Club - Page 209
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Yep, I agree, the bass quantity on the PRO700MK2s aren't as great as the XB series. However, it is a very punchy can that can withstand a high amount of amping before distorting. In that sense, it is a very good basshead can for EQ-ing / bass-boosting. At stock levels, I would say it delivers about +9-10 db of bass boost.
Are you asking about the TMA-1/HFI 780 as opposed to the PRO700MK2s? If so, I would say the TMA-1 are a bit bass heavier, and just as dark sounding in its tonality. The Ultrasone cans on the other hand, are really bright, with quite a lot of clarity but less bass quantity.
Oh. I was just wondering how bassy the 780s are. I was getting recommend on other threads the TMA are really good but oh well.
Apparently, you haven't put on some better earpads. With the stock pads on, the SPL (quantity of bass) are horrible and they have very little bass quantity, and lower frequencies tend to need more pressure in order to really feel it. This is the main reason why the XB series have good amounts of bass quantity. The earpads create a great seal around the head, and there is enough space between the driver and the ear to attain an adequate SPL. Other earpads like the M50/DT250 improve it to an extent, but there isn't enough distance between the earpads and the driver to truly bring out the bass potential of these headphones. The Gel pads I have on right now with tissue underneath create basically an air tight seal, and there is room for the drivers to breathe. This probably sound kind of redundant because I say it so much, but these headphones really need better pads on them in order to truly bring out their potential.
Once I have some more money, I'll pick up a pair of XB700s and see how they compare to my headhones. I have to get a pair anyways because I want those pads, and it would be cheaper to buy the headphones.
No I haven't tried any other headphones and these pads do suck. The first thing I noticed is how my ears rubbed against the drivers. I'll play your game Mr. Bond and order some of these gel pads...
Have you or anyone tried the new 600 and 800 yet?
I take that back from earlier. The more I burn in these cans the more bass I can get. I have noticed if you EQ these well or correctly they can really sound much clearer. I guess I just want so much bass my brain liquefies in my skull for a few hours a day. I guess I want to feel the bass a bit more is all. I listen to my buddies beats and they have more of that SPL bass I crave so maybe some 500s might do the trick. So how do them Ultrasone 780s sound, your profile says you have both the 780s, M50s and 700MK2.
On a side note I just noticed that if I wear a hoodie in between my cans and my ears to give a little bit more space I can feel the bass and really enjoy it a lot more. Ear pads here I come.
Edit: Well hell... They're on back order until November 25th. http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/580539-REG/Beyerdynamic_900799_Gel_Style_Ear_Cushions_for.html I guess I'll look elsewhere.
I found these but not sure if they will work the same. http://www.amazon.com/Beyerdynamic-EDT-Replacement-Pads-Pair/dp/B0016MMYKA
Edited by NinjaSushi2 - 10/21/12 at 6:16pm
Well if you're talking to me nvm you edited it, the Pros are better than both the m50 and 780. The 780s have worse earpads than the stock pro700mk2s, have less bass than the m50s, and have very metallic, unnatural highs, imo. It doesn't even sound right with EDM. I've tried watching movies and anime with them, and the upper frequencies sound nasal to me. I guess their s-logic stuff doesn't work for me. The m50s are basically a more natural, fuller sounding 780 with much more bass quantity. I would give a more accurate bass comparison between the two, but there is so little of it in my 780s that it isn't worth it. The pros are a warmer, thicker sounding m50 with a lot more bass (with the right pads). The slightly subdued highs allows me to listen longer with these headphones than the m50s, and the earpads are so comfortable that I forget that they're on after I've had them on for a while. I've had these things on for 8 hours straight with no pain.
You can direct order the gel earpads from the beyer website here
Edited by Trae - 10/21/12 at 6:34pm
It depends if you are grading on a curve. The M-80 is bassier than a few of the headphones on the basshead list, but is not what I would consider a top-tier basshead can. Amping can only do so much since drivers have limitations.
Well if you're talking to me, the Pros are better than both the m50 and 780. The 780s have worse earpads than the stock pro700mk2s, have less bass than the m50s, and have very metallic, unnatural highs, imo. It doesn't even sound right with EDM. I've tried watching movies and anime with them, and the upper frequencies sound nasal to me. I guess their s-logic stuff doesn't work for me. The m50s are basically a more natural, fuller sounding 780 with much more bass quantity. I would give a more accurate bass comparison between the two, but there is so little of it in my 780s that it isn't worth it.
You can direct order the gel earpads from the beyer website here
Most excellent good sir, I shall order these promptly. I will hold off on selling my cans because I really am starting to think these phone are a dynamic, burn in demanding set of cans. So far the more I burn these in the better they sound immensely.
P.S. Know any discount codes?
Edit: Holy hell brother. It's going to cost 52 bucks for some ear pads. 15 shipping and 37 for the pads...
Edited by NinjaSushi2 - 10/21/12 at 6:36pm
Sorry, wish I knew. 15 bucks is a lot just for some pads, but they're your only choice if you want to get them now. BH usually has free shipping on stuff like that, and if they don't the shipping is pretty cheap (less than $15). Since I own them (well, I own the discontinued clear ones), I'll say that for the sonic improvements they offer, they're worth the price tag. I can't complain, though, because I got mine for $22 off of GN3RAL KARL
Bass IEMs I really like my wife's Velodyne vPulse. It comes with a mic and inline sound control but they don't work on my phone. As far as bass they are super sexy and cancel out noise very well. The problem with them is their ear bud pads are crap imo so I'd look into getting better ear cushion/pad thingies.
But yeah they're only $100 and super bassy imo.
I just broke my IEM's and I'm looking to get another pair of in-ear headphones. I have a budget of around $100. I saw that Paralelle's list of IME's is quite extensive so I was wondering if you guys could please give me a suggestion or 2 on which pair to get? I usually only listen to hip-hop and RnB so I loveeeeeeee bass.
Thank you in advance guys!
Hey guys, check this out. This thing had me looking around my room thinking there were other people in here. The first two are a must listen.
Reminds me of the Ultrasone demo CD. I do believe it is also recorded in binaural.
Hi fellow bassheads, it looks like Reloop are pretty good for producing basshead cans. I've just got my hands on a Reloop RHP-10, and boy, and they bassy as hell. A/Bing with my XB500 and HA-M5X proves that it's somewhere in their league, although the XB500 tops it with bass extension and slightly greater quantity.
I've got to spend more time with them, but as it stands, these cans will give extreme bassheads what they crave in sheer quantity.
I think the Hisound Audio Wooduo 2 IEMs should be added to the list of Basshead IEMs...
Good god, I thought the EPH-100s had a lot of bass slam... NOPE
The Wooduos extend deeper than any of my subwoofers...
While they're not very good with vocals, they're extremely good in the bass department.
- The Basshead Club
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 15 seconds ago
- › A little about the Shozy Alien 1 minute ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 1 minute ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › TTPOD T2 Hybrid iems 2 minutes ago
- › Amping help 3 minutes ago
- › USB DAC problems 3 minutes ago
- › TOPPING NX1 Portable Headphone Amplifier Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › The NEW JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review) 6 minutes ago
- › Samsung Level over by Giogio
- › JBL E50BT Black Premium Wireless Over-Ear Bluetooth Stereo... by Giogio
- › JBL E40BT Black High-Performance Wireless On-Ear Bluetooth Stereo... by Giogio
- › AKG K845 Bluetooth Over-Ear Headphones by Giogio
- › Beats Studio Wireless Over-Ear Headphone by Giogio
- › FiiO E09K by Delance26
- › Dunu DN-1000 by screwedpeep
- › Sony BDPS500 Bravia Theater Sync Blu-ray Player by Joong
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by BenKatz
- › Asus Xonar DGX by TsukiNick
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)