New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Basshead Club - Page 204  

post #3046 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanKeith View Post

 

Don't fall for it!  Any difference in sound quality perceived from a cable upgrade is placebo effect.

 

Haha. I'm not really one to subscribe to the cable upgrade myth either.. My post was actually meant to be a joke. I guess I have to work on my humor skills. triportsad.gif

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmsilva22 View Post

Hello guys...

 

What would be your best pick from these two budget over-ear basshead cans? 

 

*JVC HA-M5X

*Panasonic HTF600

 

I'm leaning towards the Panasonic since they look more "serious" and have a single sided cord. Don't like the XB500 cause they are insanely huge. 

 

I just want some cheap/bassy over-ears until I can get my hands on the new M100 or the Custom One Pro.

 

The HA-M5X is a very bassy can in the same vein as the XB500. In fact, the latter are a tad more detailed than the JVC cans. Both are very good at giving you a wall of bass. The HTF-600 has less bass quantity (it still has a lot, though), but it doesn't do so at the expense of overall quality. If you have a bass boost amp, go with the HTF-600 and be happy with it. Otherwise, if you're an extreme basshead of the headbanger variety, go with the XB500. The 3rd choice would be the HA-M5X.

post #3047 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malevolent View Post

 

Haha. I'm not really one to subscribe to the cable upgrade myth either.. My post was actually meant to be a joke. I guess I have to work on my humor skills. triportsad.gif

 

 

The HA-M5X is a very bassy can in the same vein as the XB500. In fact, the latter are a tad more detailed than the JVC cans. Both are very good at giving you a wall of bass. The HTF-600 has less bass quantity (it still has a lot, though), but it doesn't do so at the expense of overall quality. If you have a bass boost amp, go with the HTF-600 and be happy with it. Otherwise, if you're an extreme basshead of the headbanger variety, go with the XB500. The 3rd choice would be the HA-M5X.

 

This person speaks the truth, having all these 3 headphones too it's easy to relate to this. XB500 is actually an upgrade to M5X but both have very similar amount of bass and bass extension etc, just M5X is way more recessed in the highs too.


Edited by RPGWiZaRD - 10/12/12 at 10:18am
post #3048 of 11259

Thanks for all your comments. 

 

Edit: I will give the XB500's a chance. You guys pretty much all agree on them being the better all around headphone, so I will follow your advice.

 

Maybe I'll get used to the giant ear pads... :)


Edited by jmsilva22 - 10/12/12 at 5:42pm
post #3049 of 11259
Quote:

Maybe I'll get used to the giant ear pads... :)

 

Good choice!

The XB1000's now those are giant ear pads! biggrin.gif

 

beerchug.gif

post #3050 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malevolent View Post

Haha. I'm not really one to subscribe to the cable upgrade myth either.. My post was actually meant to be a joke. I guess I have to work on my humor skills. triportsad.gif

 

 

HAHA!! The funny part is, I considered that you may have been joking, except for the fact you prefaced that part of your post with "Jokes aside.." tongue.gif

 

For full effect, here is your complete quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malevolent View Post

 

PRO 900? I thought that title belongs to the M50? biggrin.gif

 

Jokes aside.. yes, it was a joke!.. I love my PRO 900s to bits. Now if only I could convince myself to spring another 150 on a Moon Audio Blue Dragon cable. ph34r.gif

 

Just having some fun with you man. tongue_smile.gif

post #3051 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollDragon View Post

 

Good choice!

The XB1000's now those are giant ear pads! biggrin.gif

 

beerchug.gif

YEA MAN and I'm 100% buying a pair! I need my Sub Bass driven by a 70mm driver for maximum internal brain damage <3

 

Not to mention we need to support cute women wearing Giant Cans :D

post #3052 of 11259
Has anyone owned the xb1000s? I'm going to ask for a pair for Christmas and I was wondering how good they sounded (amped with a fiio e11)and if the mids and highs were at least decent, though I know these are definitely not audiophile cans. I love bass, but I am going to listen to some other genres besides EDM and hip hop. Will they work pretty well for some rock and acoustic music too?
post #3053 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusSheep777 View Post

Has anyone owned the xb1000s? I'm going to ask for a pair for Christmas and I was wondering how good they sounded (amped with a fiio e11)and if the mids and highs were at least decent, though I know these are definitely not audiophile cans. I love bass, but I am going to listen to some other genres besides EDM and hip hop. Will they work pretty well for some rock and acoustic music too?


May not be able to find them for sale.................but both the XB700 and 500's are rocking basshead cans and are available.  I'd buy them NOW...............Xmas may see them not available due to the new series of phones coming out.

post #3054 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregonian View Post


May not be able to find them for sale.................but both the XB700 and 500's are rocking basshead cans and are available.  I'd buy them NOW...............Xmas may see them not available due to the new series of phones coming out.

Yea I want to get a pair of XB 1000 in about eww in decemeber

 

I think you'll still be able to find em then... infact there may be even more out since everyone will be trying to get rid of em, but Ebay keeps a nice set of em around! Along with a few other sites

post #3055 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanKeith View Post

 

HAHA!! The funny part is, I considered that you may have been joking, except for the fact you prefaced that part of your post with "Jokes aside.." tongue.gif

 

For full effect, here is your complete quote:

 

Just having some fun with you man. tongue_smile.gif

 

Haha, it's alright mate, I didn't realize I prefaced it with that "Jokes aside" line.. and that proceeded to make a joke! biggrin.gif

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusSheep777 View Post

Has anyone owned the xb1000s? I'm going to ask for a pair for Christmas and I was wondering how good they sounded (amped with a fiio e11)and if the mids and highs were at least decent, though I know these are definitely not audiophile cans. I love bass, but I am going to listen to some other genres besides EDM and hip hop. Will they work pretty well for some rock and acoustic music too?

 

I have the XB1000, and it's definitely a better all-round can than the XB500 and XB700, but not by much. The soundstage is spacious, and its clarity far surpasses its younger siblings, but you sacrifice bass impact and quantity. Sub-bass extension is fabulous, and you can really feel it, but I think you can get far better cans than the XB1000 for less. For example, you might wish to give the Ultrasone HFI 580 a try. Its just as detailed, with greater bass quantity, better treble and a lower pricetag.

post #3056 of 11259

Just ordered the Pro700Mk2's, hoping they're going to become my be all and end all headphones! Just sent back the Q40's as although they were very good, they were a bit lacklustre unamped and I'm not planning on running an amped setup.

 

Will post up some impressions when they arrive tomorrow, though I'm sure there isn't much more I can add than the more experienced members haven't already said.

 

Current phones are the M50.

post #3057 of 11259

hi there, I'm very noob and I'm about to get a pair of Beats Studios. I listened to them, their bass sounds RELLY good, but the rest is kinda crappy compared to my Audio technica ATH ANC23. I don't know how to explain it, its just that its not as clear.. the Studios kinda sounds like I'm under-water. 

 

So out of that superrr long list that you listed, what are the top 3 or perhaps 5 that you would suggest I don't have the cash to spend more than $350. 

 

Thanks in advance 

 

Much love from Canada : D

post #3058 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteNOOB View Post

hi there, I'm very noob and I'm about to get a pair of Beats Studios. I listened to them, their bass sounds RELLY good, but the rest is kinda crappy compared to my Audio technica ATH ANC23. I don't know how to explain it, its just that its not as clear.. the Studios kinda sounds like I'm under-water. 

So out of that superrr long list that you listed, what are the top 3 or perhaps 5 that you would suggest I don't have the cash to spend more than $350. 

Thanks in advance 

Much love from Canada : D

Answer these:

1. Type/Style of music.
2. Preferred type of bass and amount.
3. Price = 350 CAD and below?
4. Type of phones? IEM, on ear, over ear?
5. What kind of sound is most important? Punchy bass, crisp mids, dull highs? As in besides bass, what other attribute should it have?
6. Any other details you think we should know.

Also.

7. Do you have an amp?

After that we can narrow down a type of headphone you would prefer, 350 bucks covers a nice range of phones.
post #3059 of 11259

Hey, was wondering if you guys could help me out with something. I'm an audio term noob and can't tell mid from sub bass.  Two tracks I listened to yesterday on my pro700mk2 I just got and these sound ultra sexy on those things.

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmLDc0Ofuj8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4hvIUrpYb8

 

I am asking for you guys to tell me if these songs are more mid or sub bass focused.  I want to know so i'll know which sound to focus on, on my next IEM purchase.

 

These 700's are like magic once I opened them I had them on for 5 hrs straight.  Would have been longer but I was called to help with dinner lol.

post #3060 of 11259
How do they compare to the cks77s?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
This thread is locked