New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Basshead Club - Page 201  

post #3001 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by F3nNec View Post

 

he has the point, it sounds same, like it was made with the same sample over and over by untalented being lacking producing skills...
the *CENSORED* you posted is not hardstyle, its a brostyle - a mainstream mid range oriented noise aimed at the kids blasting it trough cellphones and jumping around saying POMP POMP POMP!

 

Only an american would use term "brostyle" for hardstyle lol (cuz dubstep is like the first successful electronic genre finally gaining a significant ground in US and hence I suppose you used the dubstep->brostep reference but there exists no such term for hardstyle though). Officially it's all "hardstyle" which I linked to but inofficially people talk about "early hardstyle" (actually this is quite officially accepted term for example hardstyle.com has a different category for "early hardstyle" and "hardstyle") but what you hear people talk about in forums (I spend daily my time in harderstate.com which is the most enthusiastic hardstyle community around) people talk about "early hardstyle" (what you linked to) which was like the era of 2001 - 2006 and started with 135 bpm and later went to like 145 bpm, "raw/dark" (Chris One - Psycho, concidered one of the rawest/darkest around but B-Front, Adaro etc is typically making very raw style for example too), then we have the new wave of euphoric/melodic/emotional hardstyle which started around 2007 and has exploded around 2008~2010 and today seems to be more common than the other kind even to the point grumply early HS listeners have started to feel they must hate on it for the sake of defending their own preferred style, mostly Theracords fans and the keyproducers here currently would be DJ Thera and Geck-O but since these kind of HS just gets less and less stage-presence the feeling can be very tense these days so you gotta watch your mouth in specific parts of the forums. :p

 

Anyway it's not worth educating me about hardstyle, I'm as involved as can be, I just happen to to prefer the more melodic side of HS but that doesn't mean I can't appriciate well produced early hardstyle and dark/raw tracks too, in fact I often prefer the old reverse basses of early hardstyle compared to the more softer kicks as of today but the overall atmosphere of the tracks I tend to prefer more euphoric/melodic and emotional hardstyle which didn't exist in the past. 

 

I'm also a very good friend of a talented upcoming quickly growing producer which always sends me samples for my feedback and I also even keep mastering hardstyle tracks for him and some other upcoming producers. So yea I know a thing or two about this genre.

 

Music is always evolving, so is hardstyle, for some for the worse, for others for the better, it's down to taste as usual. I personally can't stand "hands-up" hardstyle. ^^


Edited by RPGWiZaRD - 10/8/12 at 8:24am
post #3002 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPGWiZaRD View Post

 

Only an american would use term "brostyle" for hardstyle lol (cuz dubstep is like the first successful electronic genre finally gaining a significant ground in US and hence I suppose you used the dubstep->brostep reference but there exists no such term for hardstyle though). Officially it's all "hardstyle" which I linked to but inofficially people talk about "early hardstyle" (actually this is quite officially accepted term for example hardstyle.com has a different category for "early hardstyle" and "hardstyle") but what you hear people talk about in forums (I spend daily my time in harderstate.com which is the most enthusiastic hardstyle community around) people talk about "early hardstyle" (what you linked to) which was like the era of 2001 - 2006 and started with 135 bpm and later went to like 145 bpm, "raw/dark" (Chris One - Psycho, concidered one of the rawest/darkest around but B-Front, Adaro etc is typically making very raw style for example too), then we have the new wave of euphoric/melodic/emotional hardstyle which started around 2007 and has exploded around 2008~2010 and today seems to be more common than the other kind even to the point grumply early HS listeners have started to feel they must hate on it for the sake of defending their own preferred style, mostly Theracords fans and the keyproducers here currently would be DJ Thera and Geck-O but since these kind of HS just gets less and less stage-presence the feeling can be very tense these days so you gotta watch your mouth in specific parts of the forums. :p

 

Anyway it's not worth educating me about hardstyle, I'm as involved as can be, I just happen to to prefer the more melodic side of HS but that doesn't mean I can't appriciate well produced early hardstyle and dark/raw tracks too, in fact I often prefer the old reverse basses of early hardstyle compared to the more softer kicks as of today but the overall atmosphere of the tracks I tend to prefer more euphoric/melodic and emotional hardstyle which didn't exist in the past. 

 

I'm also a very good friend of a talented upcoming quickly growing producer which always sends me samples for my feedback and I also even keep mastering hardstyle tracks for him and some other upcoming producers. So yea I know a thing or two about this genre.

 

Music is always evolving, so is hardstyle, for some for the worse, for others for the better, it's down to taste as usual. I personally can't stand "hands-up" hardstyle. ^^


I am old school and like things simple, so I just call it all "club music" :)

post #3003 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamlr View Post

 

the quote function was wonky so i hope this post doesnt end up wonky aswell...

 

anyway, when you say colored, in what way? you say the e11 is darker and yet you say its neutral. am i mixing up the glossary terms? i thought dark meant "with emphasis on the lower end of the music" (in my own words...)

 

also, the cMoy is supposed to have a flat line frequency response, at least thats what the graph that came with it says... could you explain what you mean please?

Well  i was told the cMoy was the colored amp and the E11 although warmer has a much more flat line response. My E11 is not in yet so I'll get back to that later I'm sure >.> 

 

But in all serioues the cMoy has more mid bass and detail than my my Fiio E11, where as the E11 is DARK as crap and tends to bloat the bass a little bit

 

On a side note testing my Dt 880s out now... Night and day compared to the Xb 700 [as it should b] I'd like a little more Bass out of the Dt 880, but teh quality is flawless [and I'm listening to Nu Jazz] but MAN the Detail is BEAUTIFUL and the highs are not harsh in any way [this one'e not a bass can, but it has some Serious Quality in the bass] So the point being is I am still without a Can that can allow me to enjoy Drum n Bass, seeing as the XB700's mid bass is DEAD 

 

Still I have high hopes for the Dt 990, which will be my next Purchase, and it may or may not be followed by the Xb1000 xD

 

But I'll get back to you when I get the E11, but for the time being the cMoy sounds Cleaner than the E6, and if the E6 is like a "weaker quiter" E11 than the cMoy well is cleaner! [I should test my Dt 880's CLEAN then I can hear the differences in the amps <3] 

post #3004 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPGWiZaRD View Post

Only an american would use term "brostyle" for hardstyle lol (cuz dubstep is like the first successful electronic genre finally gaining a significant ground in US and hence I suppose you used the dubstep->brostep reference but there exists no such term for hardstyle though). Officially it's all "hardstyle" which I linked to but inofficially people talk about "early hardstyle" (actually this is quite officially accepted term for example hardstyle.com has a different category for "early hardstyle" and "hardstyle") but what you hear people talk about in forums (I spend daily my time in harderstate.com which is the most enthusiastic hardstyle community around) people talk about "early hardstyle" (what you linked to) which was like the era of 2001 - 2006 and started with 135 bpm and later went to like 145 bpm, "raw/dark" (Chris One - Psycho, concidered one of the rawest/darkest around but B-Front, Adaro etc is typically making very raw style for example too), then we have the new wave of euphoric/melodic/emotional hardstyle which started around 2007 and has exploded around 2008~2010 and today seems to be more common than the other kind even to the point grumply early HS listeners have started to feel they must hate on it for the sake of defending their own preferred style, mostly Theracords fans and the keyproducers here currently would be DJ Thera and Geck-O but since these kind of HS just gets less and less stage-presence the feeling can be very tense these days so you gotta watch your mouth in specific parts of the forums. tongue.gif

Anyway it's not worth educating me about hardstyle, I'm as involved as can be, I just happen to to prefer the more melodic side of HS but that doesn't mean I can't appriciate well produced early hardstyle and dark/raw tracks too, in fact I often prefer the old reverse basses of early hardstyle compared to the more softer kicks as of today but the overall atmosphere of the tracks I tend to prefer more euphoric/melodic and emotional hardstyle which didn't exist in the past. 

I'm also a very good friend of a talented upcoming quickly growing producer which always sends me samples for my feedback and I also even keep mastering hardstyle tracks for him and some other upcoming producers. So yea I know a thing or two about this genre.

Music is always evolving, so is hardstyle, for some for the worse, for others for the better, it's down to taste as usual. I personally can't stand "hands-up" hardstyle. ^^

I'm an american, and I've never heard of brostyle before, so don't blame it on us biggrin.gif I'll just do like I did before and group everything by how they sound:

BOM BOM BOM= hardstyle
F4HIERLVFNATRL= dubstep
OOTS OOTS OOTS= house
slow music= chillouts/lounge
post #3005 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trae View Post


I'm an american, and I've never heard of brostyle before, so don't blame it on us 

Agree'd I've also never heard of Bro Style here in the US, although I live in the South East and well.. there's not to big a Dub Step or Hard Style scene... the clubs play EDM I'm sure but I don't know who >.>

post #3006 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trae View Post


I'm an american, and I've never heard of brostyle before, so don't blame it on us biggrin.gif I'll just do like I did before and group everything by how they sound:
BOM BOM BOM= hardstyle
F4HIERLVFNATRL= dubstep
OOTS OOTS OOTS= house
slow music= chillouts/lounge

 

LOL, I kinda dig this simplicity :D 

post #3007 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPGWiZaRD View Post

 

LOL, I kinda dig this simplicity :D 

me to but I'm not getting the Dub Step bass sound...

 

sounds to me like Whooom whooom whooomp, still simplicity is nice and :O oh nice the dt 880 does Dub Step rather interestingly nice! The details is enjoyably. And the dt 880 could use a warm DAP and Amp, my cMoy is not quite warm enough... the E11 on it's way should help... although I've not fully tested her... obviously the 880 is not Bass Can, but it does bass better than the Xb 700 im some cases >.> ... so I have the fun of figureing out which music goes where tonight e.e, the Dt 880 is nice with a warm[er] amp so once again the E11 should help, where as the Xb700 needs a colder amp to really get the detail I like... go figure lol!

 

But yes simplicity... I wish I had some of that right now e.e

post #3008 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post

Well  i was told the cMoy was the colored amp and the E11 although warmer has a much more flat line response. My E11 is not in yet so I'll get back to that later I'm sure >.> 

 

But in all serioues the cMoy has more mid bass and detail than my my Fiio E11, where as the E11 is DARK as crap and tends to bloat the bass a little bit

 

On a side note testing my Dt 880s out now... Night and day compared to the Xb 700 [as it should b] I'd like a little more Bass out of the Dt 880, but teh quality is flawless [and I'm listening to Nu Jazz] but MAN the Detail is BEAUTIFUL and the highs are not harsh in any way [this one'e not a bass can, but it has some Serious Quality in the bass] So the point being is I am still without a Can that can allow me to enjoy Drum n Bass, seeing as the XB700's mid bass is DEAD 

 

Still I have high hopes for the Dt 990, which will be my next Purchase, and it may or may not be followed by the Xb1000 xD

 

But I'll get back to you when I get the E11, but for the time being the cMoy sounds Cleaner than the E6, and if the E6 is like a "weaker quiter" E11 than the cMoy well is cleaner! [I should test my Dt 880's CLEAN then I can hear the differences in the amps <3] 

so your saying the e11 will bloat the bass while the cMoy will extend the mid bass? well thats why i bought them both - to test such claims. im truely curious to see if i can tell any difference, i must admit im a little skeptical but ill have to wait and see... my dt770s arrive on friday, i have the cmoy already and as soon as the e11 gets here ill test all the claims - looking forward to it!

 

please tell me what you think too, it would be interesting to see the difference between two peoples impression on the same comparison, do you have dt770s as well? cause then we could make it the exact same test (except for the source).

post #3009 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamlr View Post

so your saying the e11 will bloat the bass while the cMoy will extend the mid bass? well thats why i bought them both - to test such claims. im truely curious to see if i can tell any difference, i must admit im a little skeptical but ill have to wait and see... my dt770s arrive on friday, i have the cmoy already and as soon as the e11 gets here ill test all the claims - looking forward to it!

 

please tell me what you think too, it would be interesting to see the difference between two peoples impression on the same comparison, do you have dt770s as well? cause then we could make it the exact same test (except for the source).

Nah bro I got the Dt 880,s same company but mine r not bass cans. 

 

Still mine should have more deatil than yours so I'm at a better position to test such claims! But yea my E11 will be here within 10 or so days sadly, and nice on getting the 770s, I think ur may become a Byer Fan like I am slowy becoming! I want the Dt 990's though for my mid bass eeds <3

 

Why don't you pick 2 songs and i'll pick 2 and we shall post our results! If your ears are trained you can hear the differences easy, the cMoy and the E6 are different enough I can tell with the Xb 700s lawl


Edited by Mshenay - 10/8/12 at 10:32am
post #3010 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post

Nah bro I got the Dt 880,s same company but mine r not bass cans. 

 

Still mine should have more deatil than yours so I'm at a better position to test such claims! But yea my E11 will be here within 10 or so days sadly, and nice on getting the 770s, I think ur may become a Byer Fan like I am slowy becoming! I want the Dt 990's though for my mid bass eeds <3

 

Why don't you pick 2 songs and i'll pick 2 and we shall post our results! If your ears are trained you can hear the differences easy, the cMoy and the E6 are different enough I can tell with the Xb 700s lawl

 

 

well the 880s are open cans so that automatically means less bass no? do you intend on using the bass boost function on any of these amps?

 

sure, we can each choose two songs, though i listen to electronical music and my ears are anything but trained. i listen to alot of music, all the time, but i dont know what qualifies as "trained" so im assuming my ears arent XD

post #3011 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamlr View Post

 

 

well the 880s are open cans so that automatically means less bass no? do you intend on using the bass boost function on any of these amps?

 

sure, we can each choose two songs, though i listen to electronical music and my ears are anything but trained. i listen to alot of music, all the time, but i dont know what qualifies as "trained" so im assuming my ears arent XD

Ofc I'm using bass boost, and they are Semi Open that doesnt not mean "less bass" it means less or no resonance, and resonance is what causes Bass to Linger and Bloat more often than not... but yes there is less bass on the 880 than the 770 and 990 im sure, and once again Ofc I'm using the Bass Boost Function! 

post #3012 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post

Ofc I'm using bass boost, and they are Semi Open that doesnt not mean "less bass" it means less or no resonance, and resonance is what causes Bass to Linger and Bloat more often than not... but yes there is less bass on the 880 than the 770 and 990 im sure, and once again Ofc I'm using the Bass Boost Function! 

haha alright alright... im asking because the jds cmoy has an almost 10 db boost (yours is also from jds right?). i dont know how lacking in bass the 880s are, but surely a 10 db boost will get the bass right up there no?

post #3013 of 11259

America needs more Hardstyle.  Defqon.1 USA!  Q-Dance should make it happen.
 

post #3014 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamlr View Post

haha alright alright... im asking because the jds cmoy has an almost 10 db boost (yours is also from jds right?). i dont know how lacking in bass the 880s are, but surely a 10 db boost will get the bass right up there no?

No it doesn't xD and the FiioE6 has more bass boosting than the cMoy [oh gawd mine better not be busted] but yea the bass is still pretty light ALTHOUGH both my dt 880s and cMoy BB Need Burn ins so maybe in 2-3 days they will both be better, people say that the cMoy is really in need of a Bass boost, and I'm burning in my dt 880s now via 

 

http://www.jlabaudio.com/burn.php

 

got the bass boost on the cMoy off, tommorow I'll use the bb and burn it in that a way, still not used to open cans as they leak pretty bad and it freaks me out xD

post #3015 of 11259
Just had another listen to the TMA-1, they sounded much better than the first time I tried them. Their sound is really not that dissimilar to the S4 IEM, perhaps a fraction less sparkle. I didnt find them horribly dark though. Interestingly I tried the Beats Mixr again at the same time and they seem as good (albeit in a shop demo environment). That said they are £50 more!

Now do I wait for the M100 to come onto the market, hmmmm....
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
This thread is locked