New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Basshead Club - Page 196

post #2926 of 11107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post

Unless you want to get a can like the D7000, you may find you need different cans for Dub Step and everything elese EDM, my sony XB 700s r DUb Step kinds, but they suck with everything else... but then again maybe you can enjoy a can with both! [Sadly I cant -.-] 

I use my Q701s for classic rock, etc. I also want to purchase some K550 for the in between and probably.... 

 

DT770 pro 80, ATH Pro 700MK2, or maybe some Ultrasone 780. Not sure on the bassier cans yet. I know from MLE that the DT770 pro 80 are good for positioning and have decent bass. I was leaning towards those as they can double for when I want closed back gaming. I also read the 700 have huge bass for dub and the 780 have a more refined feel with good bass. 

 

Or am I backwards on those those three. 

post #2927 of 11107
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaSushi2 View Post

I use my Q701s for classic rock, etc. I also want to purchase some K550 for the in between and probably.... 

 

DT770 pro 80, ATH Pro 700MK2, or maybe some Ultrasone 780. Not sure on the bassier cans yet. I know from MLE that the DT770 pro 80 are good for positioning and have decent bass. I was leaning towards those as they can double for when I want closed back gaming. I also read the 700 have huge bass for dub and the 780 have a more refined feel with good bass. 

 

Or am I backwards on those those three. 

I dunno I heard that the 990 was the bass can, or is the 990 Mid bass and the 770 more sub bass oriented e.e either way I'm upgradeing to XB1000 SUB and Dt 990 250 Mid, for my bass head needs! 

post #2928 of 11107
Anyone listen to the pro 700MK2 or another obscure headphone? I want to find those less bought headphones and see how they go over the mainstream editions. Dunno why... The 50th an version looks sweet btw.
post #2929 of 11107
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaSushi2 View Post

Anyone listen to the pro 700MK2 or another obscure headphone? I want to find those less bought headphones and see how they go over the mainstream editions. Dunno why... The 50th an version looks sweet btw.


The bass is among the best available, but they are dark.

post #2930 of 11107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigster75 View Post


The bass is among the best available, but they are dark.

Not sure to the word dark. lol elaborate.

Edit. I love the 53mm driver part. blink.gif
Edited by NinjaSushi2 - 10/3/12 at 10:20pm
post #2931 of 11107
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaSushi2 View Post

I use my Q701s for classic rock, etc. I also want to purchase some K550 for the in between and probably.... 

 

DT770 pro 80, ATH Pro 700MK2, or maybe some Ultrasone 780. Not sure on the bassier cans yet. I know from MLE that the DT770 pro 80 are good for positioning and have decent bass. I was leaning towards those as they can double for when I want closed back gaming. I also read the 700 have huge bass for dub and the 780 have a more refined feel with good bass. 

 

Or am I backwards on those those three. 

I use the DT770 pro 80's for Electronica (xKore, xilent, Utku S., Pegboard Nerds etc etc) and I'm absolutely loving them! I amp them with the Fiio Alpen and with the bass eq I can make them BOOM to suit my every need for bass :). The 770/80 definitely have very good positioning and the sub bass had good extension without being muddy. I haven't been looking for any other full sized cans for electro since I got them about 8 months ago.

post #2932 of 11107
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaSushi2 View Post


Not sure to the word dark. lol elaborate.
Edit. I love the 53mm driver part. blink.gif


Dark usually means not a lot of treble.

post #2933 of 11107
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaSushi2 View Post


Not sure to the word dark. lol elaborate.
Edit. I love the 53mm driver part. blink.gif


somewhat muffled in the high end/upper register; vocals can sound as if someone is holding their hand over their mouth

post #2934 of 11107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigster75 View Post


somewhat muffled in the high end/upper register; vocals can sound as if someone is holding their hand over their mouth

 

I've got the XB700 and a they are DARK, and let me give you this advice, if you use a DARK amp with a DARK can your going to lose some of your bass detail, it won't sound muddy but it won't be as sharp and detailed as you may like!
post #2935 of 11107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigster75 View Post


somewhat muffled in the high end/upper register; vocals can sound as if someone is holding their hand over their mouth

I have the pros and they're not that dark. They are very thick and full sounding headphones, and that can tend to emphasize the slightly recessed treble. Nothing a little eq'ing can't fix. 

post #2936 of 11107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trae View Post

I have the pros and they're not that dark. They are very thick and full sounding headphones, and that can tend to emphasize the slightly recessed treble. Nothing a little eq'ing can't fix. 

Yea dark ismt bad, i like.my dubtstep to b very dark an detailed

So drk isnt always.bad
post #2937 of 11107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post


Yea dark ismt bad, i like.my dubtstep to b very dark an detailed
So drk isnt always.bad


True, another option though would be the M-Audio Q40 which provides similar bass impact and is more neutral.

post #2938 of 11107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigster75 View Post


True, another option though would be the M-Audio Q40 which provides similar bass impact and is more neutral.

Ive heard good things about the m40
post #2939 of 11107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigster75 View Post


somewhat muffled in the high end/upper register; vocals can sound as if someone is holding their hand over their mouth
Not that bad Imo. I don't need Skrillex to pop up on iHeart Radio and start that garbage screaming with bright headphones on. LOL!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post

Yea dark ismt bad, i like.my dubtstep to b very dark an detailed
So drk isnt always.bad
Agreed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post

Ive heard good things about the m40
Me too.





Okay. Time to argue a bit. Dubstep vs. Brostep. Is there such a thing or is it more old school UK dubstep vs. American new age dubstep?

I like to think the latter because brostep makes me feel like a PollyD tool listening to something called "Brostep". Is Brahstep next? Overly excessive bass drops followed by bright treble and screaming mix with Ska rap? Lol jk.

Off topic. I saw a guy in a mall who looked like a PollyD fan. Had the hair, shirt, etc. I almost died laughing and wanted to ask if he GTLs everyday.
Edited by NinjaSushi2 - 10/4/12 at 9:55am
post #2940 of 11107
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaSushi2 View Post

Okay. Time to argue a bit. Dubstep vs. Brostep. Is there such a thing or is it more old school UK dubstep vs. American new age dubstep?
I like to think the latter because brostep makes me feel like a PollyD tool listening to something called "Brostep". Is Brahstep next? Overly excessive bass drops followed by bright treble and screaming mix with Ska rap? Lol jk.

xD he might and yea I think there is, basically Dubstep got it's origins from [Garage/2-step] and Reagaee [which was developed into dub which has that overemphized bass line]

 

So for me dub step needs to keep true to them roots, bands like Skream, Digital Mystkiz, Benga, Rob Sparx, Trolley Snatcha, The Others L-wiz [going to be buying some of his music SOON] Silike to, as far as new DubStep goes I like Culprate, he's got that new "flair" and those root components [I really need to actually listen and get farmillar with 2-Step and Garage >.>] OH and OMG some of the BEST Dub Step I've heard this year [from an AMERICAN] is by a fellow that goes by the Name Fish Finger... that stuff is some SERIOUSLY hard core Old School DUB STEP I love it <3

 

So yea I like the older UK Dub Step my self [I'm totally buying some Fish Finger like now maybe lol] 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home