Hey n-phect, good to see you in this thread. Your signature is a veritable bass-head's dream. You're in the right place.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") Last post on Today at 7:41 am in Headphones (full-size)
- Suggestions for a $200 over the ear headphone, mostly for EDM/Dubstep Last post on 4/6/14 at 7:48am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Ultrasone Pro 900 Vs Sony XB 1000 Or Suggestions For Subsonic bass-head cans? Last post on 9/17/13 at 10:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Headphones: Best Overall Headphones ~$150. True or False? Last post on 8/18/13 at 6:44am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 6/30/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 6/30/15
RHA T20 Review Tour Many thanks to RHA and forum member Rearwing for arranging the tour and the generosity of a 10-day listening period (my suspicion though is to pass some thanks to reviewer...
Construction, Materials, and Comfort: For starters, the protein leather is extremely soft and supple, and makes the ear pads and headband luxurious to touch. Heat retention actually isn't as bad...
I originally bought these after my earphones that came with my phone broke. After receiving these I was extremely pleased with the bass: it was boomy, punchy and felt powerful. These were also very...
I am an amateur recording engineer that mainly uses a laptop pc on location with a Focusrite Scarlett 18i20. The bus power is no doubt as noisy as a baby with a full diaper that's up way past...
NOTE: This is my first review and I'm a budding audio enthusiast. This is no pro review, just a newb trying to put audio nuances to words. These are my first pair of Balanced Armatures and I am...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
The Basshead Club - Page 14
Gear mentioned in this thread:
over at ifixit they have the tools and instructions on how to do it(i currently have the 4th gen ipod fell once for the screen to crack)
Hippo VBs have the biggest bass of any IEM for sure! I can't listen to them more than an hour or my brain hurts (3rd setting of course)
So i have found my limits in bass, which i never thought i would. Hippo VBs hit that mark. Darth Beyers are the headphone equivalent of that imo.
Hmmm Darth Beyers has too much bass ?
when i say too much i meant that after an hour or two (for me) the kick drum is sonically punching my brain
But Hippo VB are worse in that respect. The Darths can be tolerated if i turn the volume down, but meh.
whats the biggest bass you have heard?
Edited by n-phect - 10/7/11 at 7:03pm
Yea if your into bass, pro 900s and Darth Beyers are the money shot. But i suppose people want to hear bass in each of their own ways.
If your a person who sold your xb700s for xb500s because they have more bass, Darth Beyers are your headphone.
nah, don't be, the Turbine is better overall.
id get the Turbine over my VBs cause i have to EQ the VBs to have less bass anyway.
i compared them together and when they are EQed to have the same bass quantity, the Turbines are better IMO.
Good to hear that Although I might just pick up the VB later for fun.
but according to ljokerl's review, the VBs are better than the Turbines only (very) slightly.....maybe cause the Turbine i used was in a store with the demo music....
thats exactly what i did. The turbines have way better sound quality. The VBs are just massive bass monsters with less sound quality. Not saying the VBs are bad sound quality, just not the same as the turbines copper that is. Ive only owned the coppers.
Hippo VB is a must for collection for a basshead.
Im listening to them now. They have slightly less detail than than the coppers, but bass is masssive.
^Where i got mine
They are fun, they have 3 different bass settings that screw in and out on the back of the iem with your hand.
Edited by n-phect - 10/7/11 at 10:38pm
Hey guys, any one know of a case thats fully transparent for the iPod Touch 4th gen ? I'm thinking about getting a custom skin/sticker made by Gelaskins with a basshead theme so I'll need a fully transparent case.
Thanks for the help
- The Basshead Club
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Grado Fan Club! 42 seconds ago
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 49 seconds ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Headphone Unveiled Today 1 minute ago
- › NEW 2015 - HIFIMAN HE400S 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 3 minutes ago
- › Xiaomi Pistons 3.0 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 5 minutes ago
- › NAD Viso HP50 : Another superb headphone from Paul Barton? 5 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW first look at the Macaw GT100S IEMs by... 6 minutes ago
- › RHA T20 by LFC_SL
- › OPPO PM-3 by RazrLeaf
- › Xtreme Xplosives In Ear by Omar717
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by morethansense
- › Sony XBA-10/N Gold | Balanced Armature In-Ear Headphones (Japanese... by LikeABell
- › Joseph Grado HPA-1 by kayandjohn
- › Creative Sound Blaster E1 Portable Headphone Amplifier with... by Evshrug
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1+ Bluetooth Wireless Headphones by pformagg
- › VE Zen by boneofimba
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by xkonfuzed
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)