Hey n-phect, good to see you in this thread. Your signature is a veritable bass-head's dream. You're in the right place.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Suggestions for a $200 over the ear headphone, mostly for EDM/Dubstep Last post on 3/4/14 at 8:16pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Ultrasone Pro 900 Vs Sony XB 1000 Or Suggestions For Subsonic bass-head cans? Last post on 9/17/13 at 10:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Headphones: Best Overall Headphones ~$150. True or False? Last post on 8/18/13 at 6:44am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The Deals Thread II. (READ THE FIRST POST!) Last post on 8/21/13 at 8:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
My current set. My favorite and my private oasis. These beauties will cut out most if not all ambient noise like while driving in a car and household noise when the music is flowing. I became a fan...
I was asked to listen to the Musical Fidelity MF100 and received them about 4 weeks ago. I get quite a lot of headphones through my door, I only review the ones I like and I like these a lot. I...
Got the SE846 last week and did some hours of comparison with my current SE535. My bias was towards keeping them - I like flagship products as a "there is nothing better" products, i.e. do not...
So I finally broke my go to earbuds, and went searching for a replacement. I was actually so disappointed with these things that I made it a point to get out and put out a review. Bass continuously...
I was looking for closed headphones with a pricetag up to €200 that could be used without an amp. After some research and listening sessions I bought the M50x. There's really not a lot to say about...
The Basshead Club - Page 14post #196 of 988610/7/11 at 1:14pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #197 of 988610/7/11 at 2:41pmQuote:
over at ifixit they have the tools and instructions on how to do it(i currently have the 4th gen ipod fell once for the screen to crack)post #198 of 988610/7/11 at 6:55pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by n-phect
Hippo VBs have the biggest bass of any IEM for sure! I can't listen to them more than an hour or my brain hurts (3rd setting of course)
So i have found my limits in bass, which i never thought i would. Hippo VBs hit that mark. Darth Beyers are the headphone equivalent of that imo.
Hmmm Darth Beyers has too much bass ?post #199 of 988610/7/11 at 6:58pm
when i say too much i meant that after an hour or two (for me) the kick drum is sonically punching my brain
But Hippo VB are worse in that respect. The Darths can be tolerated if i turn the volume down, but meh.
whats the biggest bass you have heard?
Edited by n-phect - 10/7/11 at 7:03pmpost #200 of 988610/7/11 at 7:05pmThread Starterpost #201 of 988610/7/11 at 7:10pm
Yea if your into bass, pro 900s and Darth Beyers are the money shot. But i suppose people want to hear bass in each of their own ways.
If your a person who sold your xb700s for xb500s because they have more bass, Darth Beyers are your headphone.post #202 of 988610/7/11 at 9:58pmpost #203 of 988610/7/11 at 10:00pmThread StarterQuote:
All these talk of the Hippo VB is making me regret buying the turbinespost #204 of 988610/7/11 at 10:06pmQuote:
nah, don't be, the Turbine is better overall.
id get the Turbine over my VBs cause i have to EQ the VBs to have less bass anyway.
i compared them together and when they are EQed to have the same bass quantity, the Turbines are better IMO.post #205 of 988610/7/11 at 10:07pmThread StarterQuote:
Good to hear that Although I might just pick up the VB later for fun.post #206 of 988610/7/11 at 10:12pm
but according to ljokerl's review, the VBs are better than the Turbines only (very) slightly.....maybe cause the Turbine i used was in a store with the demo music....post #207 of 988610/7/11 at 10:28pmQuote:
thats exactly what i did. The turbines have way better sound quality. The VBs are just massive bass monsters with less sound quality. Not saying the VBs are bad sound quality, just not the same as the turbines copper that is. Ive only owned the coppers.
Hippo VB is a must for collection for a basshead.
Im listening to them now. They have slightly less detail than than the coppers, but bass is masssive.
^Where i got mine
They are fun, they have 3 different bass settings that screw in and out on the back of the iem with your hand.
Edited by n-phect - 10/7/11 at 10:38pmpost #208 of 988610/7/11 at 10:36pmThread Starter
Hey guys, any one know of a case thats fully transparent for the iPod Touch 4th gen ? I'm thinking about getting a custom skin/sticker made by Gelaskins with a basshead theme so I'll need a fully transparent case.post #209 of 988610/7/11 at 10:44pmpost #210 of 988610/7/11 at 10:46pmThread Starter
Thanks for the help
- The Basshead Club
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 33 seconds ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 1 minute ago
- › Fresh outta CES: The Hifiman HE-400i and HE-560 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Jaben Mook headphone Festival In Jakarta 1 - 2 March 2014 at Aston... 1 minute ago
- › Sony XBA-30 2 minutes ago
- › Non-Amped Headphones for PC-DJ use 3 minutes ago
- › [New] Philips Fidelio X1 3 minutes ago
- › The NEW JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review) 3 minutes ago
- › Rate The Last Movie You Watched 4 minutes ago
- › Ultimate Ears 500 by echo1284
- › Musical Fidelity MF-100 High Quality On-Ear Headphones by astroid
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by agistrilink
- › NCredible NErgy In-Ear Headphones by Monster® by tevbax
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by De_klusjesman
- › Klipsch S3M-Blue-HP In-Ear Headphone, Blue by DaddyMojo
- › Unique Melody Mentor acrylic universal/custom by svyr
- › Fischer Audio TBA-04 IEM by exsomnis
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude