Hey n-phect, good to see you in this thread. Your signature is a veritable bass-head's dream. You're in the right place.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") Last post on Today at 3:07 am in Headphones (full-size)
- Suggestions for a $200 over the ear headphone, mostly for EDM/Dubstep Last post on 4/6/14 at 7:48am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Ultrasone Pro 900 Vs Sony XB 1000 Or Suggestions For Subsonic bass-head cans? Last post on 9/17/13 at 10:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Headphones: Best Overall Headphones ~$150. True or False? Last post on 8/18/13 at 6:44am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 7/11/14
I was provided a review sample and appreciate the generosity and opportunity to listen and review the Brainwavz S5. I've owned many Brainwavz earphones ranging from the Beta through the B2...
Got a good local deal on these as the are being replaced by the SoundTrue variant, which as far as I can tell, only adds a case and different colors. The Bose AE2 are a very lightweight...
RockJaw is an up and coming headphone company from Great Britain starting strong with a huge lineup. The Alfa Genus is one of their midrange offerings and offers a certain special something that is...
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
The Basshead Club - Page 14
Gear mentioned in this thread:
over at ifixit they have the tools and instructions on how to do it(i currently have the 4th gen ipod fell once for the screen to crack)
Hippo VBs have the biggest bass of any IEM for sure! I can't listen to them more than an hour or my brain hurts (3rd setting of course)
So i have found my limits in bass, which i never thought i would. Hippo VBs hit that mark. Darth Beyers are the headphone equivalent of that imo.
Hmmm Darth Beyers has too much bass ?
when i say too much i meant that after an hour or two (for me) the kick drum is sonically punching my brain
But Hippo VB are worse in that respect. The Darths can be tolerated if i turn the volume down, but meh.
whats the biggest bass you have heard?
Edited by n-phect - 10/7/11 at 7:03pm
Yea if your into bass, pro 900s and Darth Beyers are the money shot. But i suppose people want to hear bass in each of their own ways.
If your a person who sold your xb700s for xb500s because they have more bass, Darth Beyers are your headphone.
nah, don't be, the Turbine is better overall.
id get the Turbine over my VBs cause i have to EQ the VBs to have less bass anyway.
i compared them together and when they are EQed to have the same bass quantity, the Turbines are better IMO.
Good to hear that Although I might just pick up the VB later for fun.
but according to ljokerl's review, the VBs are better than the Turbines only (very) slightly.....maybe cause the Turbine i used was in a store with the demo music....
thats exactly what i did. The turbines have way better sound quality. The VBs are just massive bass monsters with less sound quality. Not saying the VBs are bad sound quality, just not the same as the turbines copper that is. Ive only owned the coppers.
Hippo VB is a must for collection for a basshead.
Im listening to them now. They have slightly less detail than than the coppers, but bass is masssive.
^Where i got mine
They are fun, they have 3 different bass settings that screw in and out on the back of the iem with your hand.
Edited by n-phect - 10/7/11 at 10:38pm
Hey guys, any one know of a case thats fully transparent for the iPod Touch 4th gen ? I'm thinking about getting a custom skin/sticker made by Gelaskins with a basshead theme so I'll need a fully transparent case.
Thanks for the help
- The Basshead Club
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Comparison / Review : Beyerdynamic’s Siblings – The Classic DT880... 14 seconds ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM70: A Bold New Direction 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0 1 minute ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 3 minutes ago
- › Whats the best music streaming app? 4 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 4 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 4 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by DannyBai
- › Bose®AE2 audio headphones by Blinxat
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by Ishcabible
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)