Hey n-phect, good to see you in this thread. Your signature is a veritable bass-head's dream. You're in the right place.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Ultrasone Pro 900 Vs Sony XB 1000 Or Suggestions For Subsonic bass-head cans? Last post on 9/17/13 at 10:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Headphones: Best Overall Headphones ~$150. True or False? Last post on 8/18/13 at 6:44am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The Deals Thread II. (READ THE FIRST POST!) Last post on 8/21/13 at 8:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Between those 3 headphones which one is the best Last post on 2/27/13 at 5:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 12/6/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
I will first start by declaring that I'm no audiophile, and that this is just a review coming from an average consumer. I know a lot of you will facepalm by my review, but I will post it...
The CAL! 2 is a big improvement over the first version. Creative brands this as a "premium headphone" on the box, but is it? First thing I noticed was the soundstage. It's MUCH better than...
As nicely explained by Victor in his review of the same CIEM, this is the previous flagship model from FitEar. In fact, unless you are married to the emphasised bass of the MH335DW, this would...
First of all, I am not a audiofile with several pairs of $1,000 headphones. I am more of a casual listener but I do like good sound. This is also my first review on head-fi so give me some feedback...
I love these headphones! So comfortable you will forget you're wearing them. My cousin once commented "This is the best bass I've ever heard in a headphone!" While I know there are headphones out...
The Basshead Club - Page 14post #196 of 837710/7/11 at 1:14pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #197 of 837710/7/11 at 2:41pmQuote:
over at ifixit they have the tools and instructions on how to do it(i currently have the 4th gen ipod fell once for the screen to crack)post #198 of 837710/7/11 at 6:55pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by n-phect
Hippo VBs have the biggest bass of any IEM for sure! I can't listen to them more than an hour or my brain hurts (3rd setting of course)
So i have found my limits in bass, which i never thought i would. Hippo VBs hit that mark. Darth Beyers are the headphone equivalent of that imo.
Hmmm Darth Beyers has too much bass ?post #199 of 837710/7/11 at 6:58pm
when i say too much i meant that after an hour or two (for me) the kick drum is sonically punching my brain
But Hippo VB are worse in that respect. The Darths can be tolerated if i turn the volume down, but meh.
whats the biggest bass you have heard?
Edited by n-phect - 10/7/11 at 7:03pmpost #200 of 837710/7/11 at 7:05pmThread Starterpost #201 of 837710/7/11 at 7:10pm
Yea if your into bass, pro 900s and Darth Beyers are the money shot. But i suppose people want to hear bass in each of their own ways.
If your a person who sold your xb700s for xb500s because they have more bass, Darth Beyers are your headphone.post #202 of 837710/7/11 at 9:58pmpost #203 of 837710/7/11 at 10:00pmThread StarterQuote:
All these talk of the Hippo VB is making me regret buying the turbinespost #204 of 837710/7/11 at 10:06pmQuote:
nah, don't be, the Turbine is better overall.
id get the Turbine over my VBs cause i have to EQ the VBs to have less bass anyway.
i compared them together and when they are EQed to have the same bass quantity, the Turbines are better IMO.post #205 of 837710/7/11 at 10:07pmThread StarterQuote:
Good to hear that Although I might just pick up the VB later for fun.post #206 of 837710/7/11 at 10:12pm
but according to ljokerl's review, the VBs are better than the Turbines only (very) slightly.....maybe cause the Turbine i used was in a store with the demo music....post #207 of 837710/7/11 at 10:28pmQuote:
thats exactly what i did. The turbines have way better sound quality. The VBs are just massive bass monsters with less sound quality. Not saying the VBs are bad sound quality, just not the same as the turbines copper that is. Ive only owned the coppers.
Hippo VB is a must for collection for a basshead.
Im listening to them now. They have slightly less detail than than the coppers, but bass is masssive.
^Where i got mine
They are fun, they have 3 different bass settings that screw in and out on the back of the iem with your hand.
Edited by n-phect - 10/7/11 at 10:38pmpost #208 of 837710/7/11 at 10:36pmThread Starter
Hey guys, any one know of a case thats fully transparent for the iPod Touch 4th gen ? I'm thinking about getting a custom skin/sticker made by Gelaskins with a basshead theme so I'll need a fully transparent case.post #209 of 837710/7/11 at 10:44pmpost #210 of 837710/7/11 at 10:46pmThread Starter
Thanks for the help
- The Basshead Club
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 12 seconds ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 18 seconds ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Appreciation / Discussion thread 25 seconds ago
- › XBA-3/ XBA-30..The Appreciation thread. 30 seconds ago
- › AKG K 495 NC 35 seconds ago
- › Brainwavz Delta IEM's: new low cost champs! 40 seconds ago
- › AKG new headphone K545? 1 minute ago
- › Genelex Gold Lion 6922 pair, as new, tested 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Appreciation Thread!! 1 minute ago
- › Need help with gaming headsets versus actual headphones for 7.1... 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum by commodent
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by Quaresma
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Kiats
- › Monster iSport LIVESTRONG® In-Ear Headphones by Bassbanger101
- › Sennheiser HD 560 Ovation by Beeferer
- › Philips S2BK/28 Fidelio In-Ear Headsets by Antilochos
- › VSONIC VSD1S by IEMagnet01
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by eightbitpotion
- › NuForce Icon uDAC-2 (Black) USB DAC (24bit/96kHz) and Headphone... by jshaffe
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by jshaffe
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi