Hey n-phect, good to see you in this thread. Your signature is a veritable bass-head's dream. You're in the right place.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") Last post on Today at 10:09 am in Headphones (full-size)
- Suggestions for a $200 over the ear headphone, mostly for EDM/Dubstep Last post on 4/6/14 at 7:48am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Ultrasone Pro 900 Vs Sony XB 1000 Or Suggestions For Subsonic bass-head cans? Last post on 9/17/13 at 10:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Headphones: Best Overall Headphones ~$150. True or False? Last post on 8/18/13 at 6:44am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 7/11/14
The HD600 is a pair of excellent sounding cans. They have a balanced, natural sound and the soundstage is remarkably large. I can hear all sorts of sounds while listening to these cans and I can...
Before I begin, I’d like to thank shotgunshane for the opportunity to review these new headphones. My first experience with Brainwavz was when I picked up their M4 a couple of years ago. I was...
I have used this amp for about a year now, and I must say it has served me well. POWER Through many different headphones, the FiiO E09K hasn't skipped a beat, and has driven everything from...
Using WASAPI, ASIO and onboard stock drivers yielded the exact same result. Same sound quality and same sound coloration. Unless you are suffering from serious EMI and static noise then these dont...
This is a review of TTPOD T1E dual dynamic driver in-ear headphones. http://penonaudio.com/TTPOD-T1E-Bass Here you go, another in-ear headphone gem for under $50! Though I was a bit skeptical...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
The Basshead Club - Page 14
Gear mentioned in this thread:
over at ifixit they have the tools and instructions on how to do it(i currently have the 4th gen ipod fell once for the screen to crack)
Hippo VBs have the biggest bass of any IEM for sure! I can't listen to them more than an hour or my brain hurts (3rd setting of course)
So i have found my limits in bass, which i never thought i would. Hippo VBs hit that mark. Darth Beyers are the headphone equivalent of that imo.
Hmmm Darth Beyers has too much bass ?
when i say too much i meant that after an hour or two (for me) the kick drum is sonically punching my brain
But Hippo VB are worse in that respect. The Darths can be tolerated if i turn the volume down, but meh.
whats the biggest bass you have heard?
Edited by n-phect - 10/7/11 at 7:03pm
Yea if your into bass, pro 900s and Darth Beyers are the money shot. But i suppose people want to hear bass in each of their own ways.
If your a person who sold your xb700s for xb500s because they have more bass, Darth Beyers are your headphone.
nah, don't be, the Turbine is better overall.
id get the Turbine over my VBs cause i have to EQ the VBs to have less bass anyway.
i compared them together and when they are EQed to have the same bass quantity, the Turbines are better IMO.
Good to hear that Although I might just pick up the VB later for fun.
but according to ljokerl's review, the VBs are better than the Turbines only (very) slightly.....maybe cause the Turbine i used was in a store with the demo music....
thats exactly what i did. The turbines have way better sound quality. The VBs are just massive bass monsters with less sound quality. Not saying the VBs are bad sound quality, just not the same as the turbines copper that is. Ive only owned the coppers.
Hippo VB is a must for collection for a basshead.
Im listening to them now. They have slightly less detail than than the coppers, but bass is masssive.
^Where i got mine
They are fun, they have 3 different bass settings that screw in and out on the back of the iem with your hand.
Edited by n-phect - 10/7/11 at 10:38pm
Hey guys, any one know of a case thats fully transparent for the iPod Touch 4th gen ? I'm thinking about getting a custom skin/sticker made by Gelaskins with a basshead theme so I'll need a fully transparent case.
Thanks for the help
- The Basshead Club
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Metrum Acoustics Aurix 5 seconds ago
- › FS: Little Dot Mark V 13 seconds ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 1 minute ago
- › Woodied Sennheiser aka SennGrado Tour Thread 1 minute ago
- › Ok so I started making the move to better sound quality headphones... 2 minutes ago
- › What "house sound" annoys you the most? 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum impressions thread 3 minutes ago
- › The NEW Cayin C5 portable power house. 3 minutes ago
- › Philips SHE3580 IEM review--how can something sound so good for $10??? 3 minutes ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by freedom04
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by ZapX629
- › FiiO E09K by MacroPower
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by wigglepuff
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by twister6
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by bhazard
- › AKG K712 Pro by achelgeson
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Barra
- › PHILIPS-HEADPHONES SHQ1200/28 SHQ1200/28 SPORTS IN EAR HEADPHONES by dieTasse
- › Beats by Dr. Dre Tour In-Ear Headphones by juston
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)