or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Basshead Club - Page 750  

post #11236 of 11259

While I haven't tried many IEM's, I've yet to find any with comparable bass to my Atrio MG7. With Memory foam tips they sound incredible for EDM. With silicone tips the sound stage suffers and the added mid bass hump resembles low tier sony IEM's for some reason.

 

I tried the Shure 846 with foam tips (I think Westone ones) they sound incredible. I can appreciate more neutral sound signatures then what I usually listen to. I bought the HD700 specifically so I can get used to more neutral sounds which is a good contrast to my Pro 900's (all time favorite headphone on the planet). To my surprise, the bass on 846 was decent. It's just I prefer warmer sound signatures. I'm not quite convinced the bass quantity would be enough for some bassheads.

However the vocals (especially), mids and soundstage blew me away on those.

 

The best IEM I have heard was the AKG k3003. SUCH an engaging experience. Warmer sound signature with enough bass to please ~80% of bassheads IMHO. I just can't understand why they didn't go with removable cables. I couldn't possibly spend over $500 on IEM without removable cables.


Edited by Scorpion667 - 4/21/14 at 3:57pm
post #11237 of 11259

the K3003 has always been on my "want to try" list, but that asking price is downright ridiculous. Good call on the MG7!

 

The more budget IEMs can pack a punch as well: Hybrids such as the Astrotec AX60, and the Dunu DN1000, whilst being last years models, have dynamic drivers that can put down when they want to. I currently have a review pair of the T-PEOS H300 (which I sadly have to send away this afternoon) which can punch away as well.

 

I remember first getting into headphones, when I thought the Westone 3's were incredibly bassy.. But if only I knew what kind of releases were coming the following years!

post #11238 of 11259

I got an Audio Technica ATH-WS99 Solid Bass if anyone is interested.  

post #11239 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiiancerveza View Post

I got an Audio Technica ATH-WS99 Solid Bass if anyone is interested.  
meh... Not really from me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Lotus View Post

the K3003 has always been on my "want to try" list, but that asking price is downright ridiculous. Good call on the MG7!

The more budget IEMs can pack a punch as well: Hybrids such as the Astrotec AX60, and the Dunu DN1000, whilst being last years models, have dynamic drivers that can put down when they want to. I currently have a review pair of the T-PEOS H300 (which I sadly have to send away this afternoon) which can punch away as well.

I remember first getting into headphones, when I thought the Westone 3's were incredibly bassy.. But if only I knew what kind of releases were coming the following years!
and iem's aren't my style... You can like them, but 1000$ iem's vs 1000$ over ears... Guess which one will sound better? biggrin.gif
post #11240 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisCHORDDubstep View Post


meh... Not really from me.
and iem's aren't my style... You can like them, but 1000$ iem's vs 1000$ over ears... Guess which one will sound better? biggrin.gif

 

Sound..I dunno...I know which one will feel better. If you like a head and ear massage a slap on the cheeks,head and upper neck with your bass.

I also like to pass my headphones to share the sonic assault and get the "Wow" "Holy ****" comments. Passing IEM's would be a nasty no no.so ...no

But whatever kinda bass makes folks happy...

post #11241 of 11259

Ok, maybe someone else may be interested.  

 

There are some who feel that a $999 CIEM(UERM) sounds just as good at a 5K HP (009).  :D

But visceral does make a difference with how the sound is portrayed in the ear.  I'm not going to go into detail.  If you'd like to speak to someone who is a bit more educated about this topic you can speak to Purrin. But this this topic isn't meant for the bass thread.  

Quote:

Originally Posted by DisCHORDDubstep View Post


meh... Not really from me.
and iem's aren't my style... You can like them, but 1000$ iem's vs 1000$ over ears... Guess which one will sound better? biggrin.gif

Edited by Hawaiiancerveza - 4/21/14 at 10:23pm
post #11242 of 11259
Few shots of my newly acquired SONY MDR-XB1000 cans with a few XB700 shots as comparison.


DSCF5213.jpg

DSCF5215.jpg

DSCF5202.jpg

DSCF5217.jpg

78863e62-1e08-46f3-94ad-3297f61fdd17.jpg

post #11243 of 11259

Sweet!!

Enjoy those. Sony is not making them like that anymore. Those are practically collectors items.

Congrats:beerchug:

post #11244 of 11259

Some absolutely AMAZING photos. Great work!

(I can't wait until everyone quotes that post, yay)

 

I prefer to listen to headphones in public sometimes, or when there are other people in the room - loud bass from a huge over-ear can will be audible to everyone around me, but with an IEM, this isn't the case.

 

Apples and oranges. Different audio sources for different occasions and needs.

 

And sorry to be blunt about it, but IEM vs full-size is not an argument I care for, nor is it for the basshead club thread. I'm sure other readers will agree. 

post #11245 of 11259

Been using Klipsch Reference One for some time while my ESW9 are in repair which led me to this thread.

What are your guys' favorite V/U closed bassy headphones nowerdays? Hopefully comfortable without a need for an amp.

From reading up sounds like Yamaha PRO 500 and V-Moda M-100 could be options, minus the comfort part.

post #11246 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Lotus View Post
 

Some absolutely AMAZING photos. Great work!

(I can't wait until everyone quotes that post, yay)

 

I prefer to listen to headphones in public sometimes, or when there are other people in the room - loud bass from a huge over-ear can will be audible to everyone around me, but with an IEM, this isn't the case.

 

Apples and oranges. Different audio sources for different occasions and needs.

 

And sorry to be blunt about it, but IEM vs full-size is not an argument I care for, nor is it for the basshead club thread. I'm sure other readers will agree. 

Thanks for your kind compliments for my xb1000/700shots :bigsmile_face:

 

Do you use customs or universal buds?


Edited by cb3723 - 4/22/14 at 12:47am
post #11247 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by uriz3n View Post
 

Been using Klipsch Reference One for some time while my ESW9 are in repair which led me to this thread.

What are your guys' favorite V/U closed bassy headphones nowerdays? Hopefully comfortable without a need for an amp.

From reading up sounds like Yamaha PRO 500 and V-Moda M-100 could be options, minus the comfort part.

Audio Technica ESW9?

 

Sweet.

 

I've a few models of AT, with the ATH-W1000X being my fave -also has wood earcups.

 

So, do you regard your ESW9's as a basshead headphone?

 

:) 


Edited by cb3723 - 4/22/14 at 12:56am
post #11248 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb3723 View Post
 

Thanks for your kind compliments for my xb1000/700shots :bigsmile_face:

 

Do you use customs or universal buds?

 

Both! Depends on what's good. I have some Westone ES3X customs, and my Unique Melody Merlins are being made up at the moment. 

 

But I've been loving some of the Hybrid universals at the moment - the Astrotex AX60 and T-PEOS H300 really pack a punch with their dedicated dynamic bass drivers.

post #11249 of 11259
The Yamaha EPH-100s also have a pretty good bass, good balance between quantity and quality. I usually prefer IEMs when I leave home as they are more convenient and fit in my pocket, and my XB1000 don't isolate that well. Either way I don't really mind between the two though.
post #11250 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb3723 View Post
 

Audio Technica ESW9?

 

Sweet.

 

I've a few models of AT, with the ATH-W1000X being my fave -also has wood earcups.

 

So, do you regard your ESW9's as a basshead headphone?

 

:) 

 

No, not bassheads. I like ESW9's for acoustic music, bluegrass, some prog rock. They can go nice and low sometimes on slow songs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAtqyHXV7CU

 

But they can't really do wall-of-sound face melting ear assault required for metal for example, even EQed to hell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjVT0MhSNeo

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
This thread is locked