or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Basshead Club - Page 740  

post #11086 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb3723 View Post

First listen, I amped with portable Fiio E17 and cranked EQ bass to max - playing some heavy bass dub step the cans vibrated on my head to such degree, you could be mistaken in thinking you were wearing SKandy crushers with bass slider maxed out.

Quite impressive really as the XB1000's don't come with a vibrating widget thingy - just sheer brute force bass causing cranial vibrations biggrin.gif

The ear pads on these things are like tractor tyres - absolutely massive cool.gif

I'm going to amp them with HIFIMAN EF-6, then FOSTEX HP-A8C later to see which amp pulls the most flavour out of their well endowed 70mm drivers smily_headphones1.gif
yeah, the e17 probably isn't pushing enough power into them for the real head trauma biggrin.gif good idea. Use those big boys. biggrin.gif
post #11087 of 11259

The Fiio E17 has the most bass boost of all of the Fiio amps, if I can remember correctly.

 

up to +10db, in 2db steps.

 

Also, that fish should be our mascot! 


Edited by White Lotus - 4/16/14 at 5:28pm
post #11088 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman600 View Post

My ZO2 just got here and i connect it to my Fiio E12.
Nice, welcome to the club. Problem is, now everything is gonna sound trash w/o the zo lol.
post #11089 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by quisxx View Post


Nice, welcome to the club. Problem is, now everything is gonna sound trash w/o the zo lol.

I have to get used with this headache after listening for quite a while :L3000:

post #11090 of 11259
Quote:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Originally Posted by cb3723 View Post

New cans turned up today straight from the land of the rising sun (Japan) - the 70mm Goliath bass drivers that is SONY MDR-XB1000's smily_headphones1.gif

And intrigued by talk of the JVC HA-SZ2000 bass cans mentioned in so high regard here on head-fi, placed my order for a pair , which hopefully will land before end of the week.

When I get round to it, I'll take some photos - in the meantime, due to kind appreciation for my vader with crushers pic, here's a bass head inspired pic for the lulz biggrin.gif

Listening to XB1000's as I type this out - nice - bass in the place London cool.gif
 

 

 

Welcome to the sz family (advance welcome.)  Please don't play the Sex Pistols and stuff.....you'll feel butt hurt:D

Start with genuinely low digging hard hitting stuff and work your way out. A pad change is advised. These are Hip-Hop cans. Git your M.C. cb3723 swerve on and jack dem foolz:L3000:

is MC cb3723 gonna have to smack a hoe???

I think so....

 

post #11091 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Lotus View Post

The Fiio E17 has the most bass boost of all of the Fiio amps, if I can remember correctly.

up to +10db, in 2db steps.

Also, that fish should be our mascot! 
true, but that e17 doesn't push as much power as the e12(not that that really matters... He has big ol home amps. biggrin.gif... And the e12 bass boost leaks a lot into the mids... A lot more than the e11 surprisingly. The e11 stops boosting at 160 hz, but the e12 stops boosting at over 300hz.) and those big amps he has at his house are going to out thump the e17, especially if he uses the e17 as a preamp for bass boost, then the big boys for amp... Hehe... That's gonna be fun for him. You go CB!... I think my next amp will be the e17 just because of the dac, equalizer, (though I wish it had a midrange booster along with the bass boost and treble boost. :/)screen that displays volume etc... Oh, I keep having people try to tell me that I should buy beats by Dre... When will people learn they are overpriced?... Probably never.
post #11092 of 11259

Not just boost, the E17 can cut as well, in 2db steps. Either bass or treble, or both.

 

If you drop the Bass and Treble, you are left with midrange. Same as a midrange boost :)

post #11093 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisCHORDDubstep View Post

true, but that e17 doesn't push as much power as the e12(not that that really matters... He has big ol home amps. biggrin.gif... And the e12 bass boost leaks a lot into the mids... A lot more than the e11 surprisingly

Glad I got the limited edition E12 version 1 then - no bass bleed into the mids at all as far as I can tell.
post #11094 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Lotus View Post

Not just boost, the E17 can cut as well, in 2db steps. Either bass or treble, or both.

If you drop the Bass and Treble, you are left with midrange. Same as a midrange boost smily_headphones1.gif
OH!!... I feel stupid now lol... I'll have to buy the e17 sometime... Does it clip as easily on bass boost at full volume as my e11???
post #11095 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes world View Post

Glad I got the limited edition E12 version 1 then - no bass bleed into the mids at all as far as I can tell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes world View Post

Glad I got the limited edition E12 version 1 then - no bass bleed into the mids at all as far as I can tell.
is that the silver one?
post #11096 of 11259
Just go check out the charts for the e12 and e11, and e17 on fiio.net
post #11097 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman600 View Post

I have to get used with this headache after listening for quite a while L3000.gif
Lol, might be wise to turn down the volume a bit.
post #11098 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Lotus View Post
 

The Fiio E17 has the most bass boost of all of the Fiio amps, if I can remember correctly.

The E07K can boost/cut the same amount. It's also cheaper! I say get E07K for portability and add a E09K dock/amp for home use and your budget bass-head set is ready to go!

post #11099 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by esmBOS View Post
 

The E07K can boost/cut the same amount. It's also cheaper! I say get E07K for portability and add a E09K dock/amp for home use and your budget bass-head set is ready to go!

Good call! I didn't catch that.

 

That E07K looks like a winner!

post #11100 of 11259
The didos use fostex drivers. But are they the d2000/5000 or the d7000 ones?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
This thread is locked