New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Basshead Club - Page 738

post #11056 of 11066
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiibadboy View Post

Money to Bass price/performance ratio is sketchy/upside down /makes little sense

You have 40mm drivers right now so look to go to 50,53 ( size matters in the low end)
@gelocks
  and I both have an affinity for the Yamaha Pro 500 Series. 
They slam.
They play most anything.
They were greatly reduced in price last month I dunno bout now.

The SZ are heavy cannons and need an amp so that diminishes the portability part x2

I'd target those if I were you.
I've heard the Yamaha in the store, and the sound signature isn't quite what I'm looking for. A lot of people have been talking about V moda Crossfade M-100. How are they?
Edited by NewWaveAudio - Today at 3:55 am
post #11057 of 11066
I'm kind of leaning towards th Synchros. I'm in love with the JBL Sound signature. I need headphones that can perform across a spectrum of genres. I find that my current JBL's do that quite well. http://m.ibtimes.com/jbl-synchros-s700-headphones-review-sound-youve-been-waiting-1441782
post #11058 of 11066
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewWaveAudio View Post

I'm kind of leaning towards th Synchros. I'm in love with the JBL Sound signature. I need headphones that can perform across a spectrum of genres. I find that my current JBL's do that quite well. http://m.ibtimes.com/jbl-synchros-s700-headphones-review-sound-youve-been-waiting-1441782


Those Synchros look / sound very interesting. 

post #11059 of 11066
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewWaveAudio View Post


I've heard the Yamaha in the store, and the sound signature isn't quite what I'm looking for. A lot of people have been talking about V moda Crossfade M-100. How are they?

 

1st.

The owner of V-moda is a very clever guy. He trolls this joint and has an army of fans who love everything he does because he engages them. 

He's a fanboy wet dream come true. 

 

2nd

The sponsor section of this site has Monster and V-Moda listed with big banners if I'm not mistaken. One gets repeatedly **** upon and denounced as being over priced while the other gets fanboyism on a scale I have never seen. 2 listed site sponsors and 1 is **** upon and the other praised...because the Owner is an every man and the Monster folks...who the **** are they anyway?? They don't give a **** and Val is right there with his army and .....

 

3rd your point.

@gelocks (sorry for tagging you again bro)

 

One of the more respected members in this forum. Let me direct a question to him...for you.

 

gelocks....are the Monster Ncredible Npulse inferior to the V-Moda M100?

 

 

 

He can choose to answer this or not.

 

My 2 cents.

They have almost the same "fun" sound and the Monster are deeper cups ,harder hitting and have the same fun sound as the M100 which are praised a lot on this site to the point of credibility being questioned.  This site has the m50 still listed as the #1 rated headphones:blink:

 

Once upon a time they were the fanboy fave and they still ride that wave despite being eclipsed by dozens of cans. The first review says it has a lot of sub-bass. <<<<<Yeah...sure.

 

 

The M100 are fun sounding hit fairly well and are priced at 300 bucks. I'd get the Yamaha Pro 500 because I could play anything on it and it kicks the crap outta V-moda in "fun" sound. I'm not sure what they were playing when you heard em but they are quite nice.

 

If you spend 300 I'd get the newly tuned Beats studios which sound better or similar to M100 but hit harder.

 

Beats by Dre really made me sad cuz they ****ed me but the new cans are what they are. Damn good.

post #11060 of 11066

Sorry hawaii, but it turns out asking the local Jaben to notify me when they have DX90 stock meant that I preordered one, apparently. Went right over and compared the two and the dual Sabre dacs beat out the single Wolfson dac handily so I mulled over it for a while and then pulled the trigger then and there. I'm hopping off the wolfson bandwagon and climbing into the sabre one. I have a habit of bringing disappointing news to you :rolleyes: 


Edited by BucketInABucket - Today at 6:23 am
post #11061 of 11066
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucketInABucket View Post
 

Sorry hawaii, but it turns out asking the local Jaben to notify me when they have DX90 stock meant that I preordered one, apparently. Went right over and compared the two and the dual Sabre dacs beat out the single Wolfson dac handily so I mulled over it for a while and then pulled the trigger then and there. I'm hopping off the wolfson bandwagon and climbing into the sabre one. I have a habit of bringing disappointing news to you :rolleyes: 

Man...it's a chip.

I honestly couldn't care. I thought another person was asking something. I didn't know you were the one looking? I was mentioning mostly how I traded a refrigerator for an ipod classic:D

 

 

Other folks opinions about what I like will never be disappointing if we are comparing apples to apples like bass hits with the same track and same settings. 

A chip? playing____ with _______settings...I am happy if you are happy with your purchase! "Dual" I like that word. It should be better.;)

post #11062 of 11066
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiibadboy View Post
 

Man...it's a chip.

I honestly couldn't care. I thought another person was asking something. I didn't know you were the one looking? I was mentioning mostly how I traded a refrigerator for an ipod classic:D

 

 

Other folks opinions about what I like will never be disappointing if we are comparing apples to apples like bass hits with the same track and same settings. 

A chip? playing____ with _______settings...I am happy if you are happy with your purchase! "Dual" I like that word. It should be better.;)

That might or might not be a good trade, depending on which one you use more :p

 

The DX90 EQ actually does quite a lot though; +12 on the 30Hz slider in the DX90 software does a lot more than the same setting on the DX50. Doesn't affect my audiophile half but my basshead half is extremely happy with this fact :D

post #11063 of 11066
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucketInABucket View Post
 

That might or might not be a good trade, depending on which one you use more :p

 

The DX90 EQ actually does quite a lot though; +12 on the 30Hz slider in the DX90 software does a lot more than the same setting on the DX50. Doesn't affect my audiophile half but my basshead half is extremely happy with this fact 

LOL

I had no idea we were comparing a chip in a ipod to a dual chipped audiophile player. 

That's not a fair fight:D

 

 

Enjoy that thing...it looks awesome! Glad you can slide at 30Hz...that sounds very basshead friendly!! 

post #11064 of 11066
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiibadboy View Post
 

LOL

I had no idea we were comparing a chip in a ipod to a dual chipped audiophile player. 

That's not a fair fight:D

 

 

Enjoy that thing...it looks awesome! Glad you can slide at 30Hz...that sounds very basshead friendly!! 

Oh, I was comparing my DX50 with it, not your iPod :3 it's one of the best Wolfson WM8740 implementations I've heard; still, not really a fair fight! :D

 

Thanks, it is awesome, and I got it for US$387 which is about US$32 less than retail :)

take a look at this! I was pleasantly surprised by the amount of rumble it added to the subbass region.

post #11065 of 11066
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiibadboy View Post
 

3rd your point.

@gelocks (sorry for tagging you again bro)

 

One of the more respected members in this forum. Let me direct a question to him...for you.

 

gelocks....are the Monster Ncredible Npulse inferior to the V-Moda M100?

 

LOL, I don't mind being "tagged". ;)

And my answer might be a bit "biased" just because I didn't like how the M100s fit on me. It grew uncomfortable in a span of a few minutes (not hours :(). The sound is very good but I value comfort a lot. Monster N-Pulse to me were more comfortable and also provided a bit more slam (mid-bass) and more extended highs which made rock/metal guitars crunch a tiny bit more. I think that the M100s actually do more lush/detailed mids than the Monsters but once you put a price on, I could get a comfortable experience with good sound and slamming bass for $120 or less (via eBay) or go uncomfortable with similar sound characteristic but better mids for $250 or so for the M100s. Of course, personally I would opt for the N-Pulse.

 

BUT, and here comes the BUT... other people actually put more stock into looks and "built" as well as sound and leave comfort as a distant thing. Even though their wingtips break and I don't find them "indestructible" as most people describe them, the M100s are very well built and V-Moda warranty is EXCELLENT. The Monster plastic construction leaves a lot to be desired and in fact I've seen quite a few headbands snapped ... one of my co-workers fixed his N-Pulses with epoxy + some other stuff just cause he likes them so much! LOL.

 

So in the end, it always depends on the user.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiibadboy View Post
 

My 2 cents.

They have almost the same "fun" sound and the Monster are deeper cups ,harder hitting and have the same fun sound as the M100 which are praised a lot on this site to the point of credibility being questioned.  This site has the m50 still listed as the #1 rated headphones:blink:

 

The M100 are fun sounding hit fairly well and are priced at 300 bucks. I'd get the Yamaha Pro 500 because I could play anything on it and it kicks the crap outta V-moda in "fun" sound. I'm not sure what they were playing when you heard em but they are quite nice.

 

If you spend 300 I'd get the newly tuned Beats studios which sound better or similar to M100 but hit harder.

 

Beats by Dre really made me sad cuz they ****ed me but the new cans are what they are. Damn good.

 

+1

post #11066 of 11066
My views aren't much to go by but I really was going to buy the M100 since they were raved on so much here. Just so happens that 2 of the grads at work had VModa. One had a VModa V80 and one had the M100. I was lucky because it was I a day I was carrying around my Yamaha HPH200 and TH600. I asked the if I could have a listen and since i was such senior to them it was no problem since they wanted to listen to my gear also. Anyhow, the Vmodas didn't impress me against the TH600, that was no surprise. But surprisingly they didn't impress me against the Yamaha which I just bought at the time for $58 delivered. In comparison I found the bass to be quite bloaty and uncontrolled. The mids were recessed more than I would like and the highs much more rolled off than I expected. The mids also ate into the bass and vice versa and separation wasn't the best. I was so close to buying them because I read so many times that they were the one of the best portable cans for EDM. IMO they were far from it. I have no way of trying where I am except for the general crap in JB Hifi so most of my gear is bought blind via reading reviews etc. Apologies if I've caused offence to anyone, these are just my views which might be biased seeing as I was expecting better and I also only had about an hour with both VModas. Both Vmodas had very similar sounds signatures. Do they have the same drivers?
Edited by spurxiii - Today at 11:46 am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home