or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Basshead Club - Page 719  

post #10771 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Lotus View Post

Start simple, my friend! Tube amps are a pain in the ass.

The Aune T1 is a great place to start. So good.

http://www.head-fi.org/products/aune-t1
too bad no money tho. Lol.
post #10772 of 11259

Tried the JVC - SZ2000 in my local Jaben a couple days ago. Sorry Hawaii, I didn't like them at all. Mids were far too recessed for my liking and personally, I didn't find the bass that great when compared to my Q40 on my 627 MICRO.

post #10773 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucketInABucket View Post
 

Tried the JVC - SZ2000 in my local Jaben a couple days ago. Sorry Hawaii, I didn't like them at all. Mids were far too recessed for my liking and personally, I didn't find the bass that great when compared to my Q40 on my 627 MICRO.

 

Interesting - first I've heard someone in this thread not like them. What else can you compare them to?

post #10774 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucketInABucket View Post

Tried the JVC - SZ2000 in my local Jaben a couple days ago. Sorry Hawaii, I didn't like them at all. Mids were far too recessed for my liking and personally, I didn't find the bass that great when compared to my Q40 on my 627 MICRO.
gotta turn it all the way up with bass boost before you say that. biggrin.gif
post #10775 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Lotus View Post
 

 

Interesting - first I've heard someone in this thread not like them. What else can you compare them to?

Fostex TH-600, Senn HD650, AKG K701 and Philips Fidelio X1. I also know exactly how my Aedle VK-1 compares to the HD650 and I used that as a point of reference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisCHORDDubstep View Post


gotta turn it all the way up with bass boost before you say that. biggrin.gif

It's only fair if I use the same amount of bass boost for all the headphones that I audition :p 


Guys, remember that I really don't like a V-shaped sound signature and can't accept them other than the one the Q40 with alpha pads gives me as mids are very important to me. This will have a big influence on my opinion of the JVCs.


Edited by BucketInABucket - 4/7/14 at 8:36pm
post #10776 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Lotus View Post
 

 

Interesting - first I've heard someone in this thread not like them. What else can you compare them to?

fwiw gelocks sold them for the same reasons. But listen Hawaii never said they had good mids etc unless I missed something. He has been consistently all about bass first.

 

The q40 bass texture is really good for the price. 

post #10777 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucketInABucket View Post

Fostex TH-600, Senn HD650, AKG K701 and Philips Fidelio X1. I also know exactly how my Aedle VK-1 compares to the HD650 and I used that as a point of reference.
It's only fair if I use the same amount of bass boost for all the headphones that I audition tongue.gif  
Guys, remember that I really don't like a V-shaped sound signature and can't accept them other than the one the Q40 with alpha pads gives me as mids are very important to me. This will have a big influence on my opinion of the JVCs.
lol. I don't exactly mind not having the mids there, as long as they can shake the ground. I personally am a little bit of an akg fanboy now, so I do enjoy the smooth, good mids they offer. (not mindless drone... Fanboy. There's a difference. I'll follow them as long as their cans are still good.)
Edited by DisCHORDDubstep - 4/7/14 at 8:40pm
post #10778 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisCHORDDubstep View Post


lol. I don't exactly mind not having the mids there, as long as they can shake the ground. I personally am a little bit of an akg fanboy now. (not mindless drone... Fanboy. There's a difference. I'll follow them as long as their cans are still good.)

That explains our differing opinions then ;) 

 

My personal sound signature preference is for a warm, slightly dark tonality with full mids and bass which is almost what the Aedle VK-1 gives me - except for that 1kHz treble spike! That is so different to your everyday V-shaped sound signature that it's like apples and oranges. I still don't understand why I like my Q40 so much though.

post #10779 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucketInABucket View Post

That explains our differing opinions then wink.gif  

My personal sound signature preference is for a warm, slightly dark tonality with full mids and bass which is almost what the Aedle VK-1 gives me - except for that 1kHz treble spike! That is so different to your everyday V-shaped sound signature that it's like apples and oranges. I still don't understand why I like my Q40 so much though.
hmm... Because you are a bucket in a bucket. That's why. biggrin.gif plus I have many different sound signatures I thoroughly enjoy, but the akg's are just... Bliss. I can't put them down. Quite literally, I will make it my life goal to buy every noteworthy akg can
post #10780 of 11259
Which k240 do you have? A modern version? If yes, try and score a K240 DF or sextett on eBay. You'll be again impressed.
post #10781 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucketInABucket View Post
 

That explains our differing opinions then ;) 

 

My personal sound signature preference is for a warm, slightly dark tonality with full mids and bass.

With you there 100%. That is the way I've tried to tune my Fostex T50RP's up to a point...finally took down that 10-12k spike as well.

post #10782 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucketInABucket View Post

Which k240 do you have? A modern version? If yes, try and score a K240 DF or sextett on eBay. You'll be again impressed.
I'm familiar with sextett, but what the df? Plus, yes its a modern k240. I looked at the amplifier. It says component system AC 120 v, 60 hz, 230 w.
Edited by DisCHORDDubstep - 4/7/14 at 9:54pm
post #10783 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucketInABucket View Post
 

Tried the JVC - SZ2000 in my local Jaben a couple days ago. Sorry Hawaii, I didn't like them at all. Mids were far too recessed for my liking and personally, I didn't find the bass that great when compared to my Q40 on my 627 MICRO.

 

The bass is the same as your Q40. :blink:

 

The guy who owned them said it was like 18" subs strapped to his head. You don't like the mids...sure. The bass is on par with the Q40?

 

Your nuts. 

 

I'm a basshead. I'd own the Q40 if they hit harder. They don't hit as hard as Beat studio/pro Yamaha 500 etc. I'll be ignoring you from now on. Some things are opinion others are flaming fanboyism.

 

Enjoy being delirious.

 

Q40...worst experience of my purchasing life. Friends own it though so it's claim to fame is mildly cup vibing bass with spectacular low to mid transition.

 

 

THESE hit harder than your Q40 and they are my 4th hardest hitting cans.

This is the basshead club. You implying that the Q40 hit as hard as the sz2000 ignores physics 40mm v.s. 55mm Plastic cup v.s. hardened aluminum cup.

You make no sense.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I just sent an e-mail to them.

 

I post pics because I believe some of what I hear and more of what I see. I don't think you coulda heard the sz2000 and honestly compared the power of the bass hit to the Q40.

 

Your lying or crazy

 

 

 

I just called them.

 

They made me wait and said they do not have it but can order anything for me.:mad:...tha ****????

 

I just PM'd them

I just called that # on facebook and waited while they searched the computer. I also Facebook Pm'd them. They never had that. They said they do not carry any over ear J.V.C besides backstock. And it's RX series only.

 

Anyone doubts this call them. I just did from Japan on a cellphone because this reeked of B.S.

 

Why am I pissed? Because someone said something off the charts ridiculous. Now I spent a long distance charge to confirm what i knew.

 

 

You should not pick a shop with a FB page. He checked the inventory by computer while I waited...they don't even have an extra on display model...they never did. I gotta teach now but after I can share a FB PM if you'd like to insist on it.


Edited by Hawaiibadboy - 4/7/14 at 11:57pm
post #10784 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzlybeast View Post
 

fwiw gelocks sold them for the same reasons. But listen Hawaii never said they had good mids etc unless I missed something. He has been consistently all about bass first.

 

The q40 bass texture is really good for the price. 

 

I bought these based on gelocks opinion and a PM. Bass monsters

He was not lying about the weak points or the strengths. I will gladly test a "rah" hit between Q40 and sz2000 but it's gonna wreck the 40mm Q40. This conversation is bizarre. 

Any pics? What track? What setting? How much drugs in your blood?

 

This thread is devolving into fanboy circles.  Ya'll should be worried. Quality is subjective .....Bass pushing your head and vibrating your skull and upper neck is objective.

 

It's not even remotely the best bass comparison. 77's Pefect dido, Yamaha pro 500, Velodyne Vtune....all I do is hunt bass and I read this on a basshead thread not a M-Audio appreciation/fanboy thread?

 

You bought a couple cans you sold quick.....folks over sell ..I try not to. I tell everyone 3 clear rules for these. Nobody sold these off because the bass impact. This is flat nutz

post #10785 of 11259

^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiibadboy View Post
 

 

I bought these based on gelocks opinion and a PM. Bass monsters

He was not lying about the weak points or the strengths. I will gladly test a "rah" hit between Q40 and sz2000 but it's gonna wreck the 40mm Q40. This conversation is bizarre. 

Any pics? What track? What setting? How much drugs in your blood?

 

This thread is devolving into fanboy circles.  Ya'll should be worried. Quality is subjective ....1.Bass pushing your head and vibrating your skull and upper neck is objective.

 

It's not even remotely the best bass comparison. 77's Pefect dido, Yamaha pro 500, Velodyne Vtune....all I do is hunt bass and I read this on a basshead thread not a M-Audio appreciation/fanboy thread?

 

2.You bought a couple cans you sold quick.....folks over sell ..I try not to. I tell everyone 3 clear rules for these. Nobody sold these off because the bass impact. This is flat nutz

2. to be straight up I buy stuff because I want to hear it. Thats not over selling fam, thats called a hobby. Hobbies cost money and sometimes they make it. I never intend on keeping any of it unless it wowed me. In my bass test the q40 had less impact than headphones that were called non basshead phones. Its just that in its balance everything else seems less important as the bass because nothing seems as emphasized as it. 

 

1. I agree there though but that was my reason for buying a cheap disposable q40 because I wanted to know what people here considered basshead cans. Im a hip hop head... I grew up listening to Buckshot, Cocoa brothers, and M.O.P. I just dont know what an audiophile site considers basshead. Even though judging impact quantity is objective, the different reasons someone says something is basshead level may be different. Like the hd8dj for example, its bass is way more than any other part of the tuning but it still doesnt hit hard like I like it.

 

its whatever though. Opinions are like......

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
This thread is locked