New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Basshead Club - Page 717  

post #10741 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by spurxiii View Post


Yeah it's a really nice sounding can. It's got bass presence but the bass impact is lacking in comparison

 

In comparison to..?

 

The stock T50 was completely weak/lean. I can usually groove and get along with a bass-light can, in (extreme) moderation, for short periods of time..

 

But they were just far too gutless for me to enjoy.

post #10742 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by spurxiii View Post
 
 
Overall, the TH600 is a bass head can that retains all the hallmarks of an audiophile headphone.

Agreed, the emphasized treble didn't particularly appeal to me but I loved everything else about it when I auditioned it using the 627 MICRO.

post #10743 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Lotus View Post

In comparison to..?

The stock T50 was completely weak/lean. I can usually groove and get along with a bass-light can, in (extreme) moderation, for short periods of time..

But they were just far too gutless for me to enjoy.

In comparison to the TH600, HE500 and even the bass light HD600. The mad dogs bass extends lower than the HD600 but it's got hardly any impact to really enjoy EDM.
post #10744 of 11259
Still the mad dogs are a really nice sounding can and I'm kind of sad I let it go. It was smooth, detailed and quite neutral. The bass extension is quite good and it can rumble. The other thing is it was very dark. So much so I thought they were broken when I first got them so they take some getting used to.
post #10745 of 11259

The TH600 strengths for me are impressive soundstaging, openess, detail, imaging and clarity. Weaknesses was that they seemed to lack impact a bit and true power behind them - not to say they are weak in the bass but my other 2 cans hit harder. Also for me the treble is very very sharp at the worst of times, most of the time its a ok though. Mids are rather thin - for me I keep feeling like they have a dryness overall, I think there is a dip low down on the midrange somewhere.

 

The Sig DJ is more impactful, aggressive and believe it or not the treble is more even keeled for me. Strengths include isolation, portability, impact, imaging, detailed. Weaknesses - small staging, for me the mids seem dark sounding or at least they are not that well refined, when we talk jazz, rock, metal.

 

The JVC DX1000 is actually my favorite out of the 3 by a small margin. Bass is about as strong as the TH600 but we get more rumble from the wood cups, soundstage is very very deep, mids are full and engaging, buttersmooth overall, sweet somewhat rolled treble. I'd say it can lack detail and aggression as well as sounding distant on some albums (seems very random). The treble is a bit detached on dark albums.

 

 

-----

-----

 

Anyone know how the D7100 stacks up? Would it be a worthwhile addition at $600?


Edited by UNIFi - 4/7/14 at 5:19am
post #10746 of 11259

How would you explain Signature DJs highs? Are they more on the "rough" side or more "soft". I tend to prefer a more softer highs character. I don't know if you know what I'm pointing at if you haven't heard it for yourself but different cans can sound quite different in the highs despite having about equal highs presence. Ultrasone's lower-end offerings are pretty rough sounding in the highs, I guess Signature series going by reviews -- less so.

post #10747 of 11259
Would you consider the beyerdynamic custom one pro a headphones for basshead?


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
post #10748 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNIFi View Post

 

The JVC DX1000 is actually my favorite out of the 3 by a small margin.

...Woah.

 

Haven't seen these before!

 

They look nice!

 

(photos found online)

 

post #10749 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coq de Combat View Post

I'm not sure I understand why you and Hawaiibadboy try your distortion tests.

I can understand going all the way with the EQ, but at listening levels. But turning a vintage amplifier all the way up like that? Why? What's the point? Also, you really should try listening to that vintage amplifier without the FiiO E11, as it may just be better sounding as well.
Idk. Never occurred to me that I should try it. Lol. It shows voltage being pushes into the big stereos that stand 3.5 feet tall, and it goes up to 30 watts... I wonder if it sends the same power supply into cans... Might have to buy some orthos in a year or something to try it out. I don't really know much about home amps. In fact, I don't even know if it is made to be a powerful amp. It has a radio, cd, tape, and record player... No jacks to hook my music in sadly... I have a good selection from my dads 70-80's era cd's to choose from. I'll take a picture of the system later. Pretty old. Plus I was bored and decided to just see my cans power limits lol. I don't usually do it, but I was home alone with a stereo system... Why the **** not try it?
Edited by DisCHORDDubstep - 4/7/14 at 5:43am
post #10750 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisCHORDDubstep View Post


Idk. Never occurred to me that I should try it. Lol. It shows voltage being pushes into the big stereos that stand 3.5 feet tall, and it goes up to 30 watts... I wonder if it sends the same power supply into cans... Might have to buy some orthos in a year or something to try it out. I don't really know much about home amps. In fact, I don't even know if it is made to be a powerful amp. It has a radio, cd, tape, and record player... No jacks to hook my music in sadly... I have a good selection from my dads 70-80's era cd's to choose from. I'll take a picture of the system later. Pretty old. Plus I was bored and decided to just see my cans power limits lol. I don't usually do it, but I was home alone with a stereo system... Why the **** not try it?


Show us the pics of your dad's system.  May be a vintage beauty that has the best headphone out of your life...............

post #10751 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregonian View Post


Show us the pics of your dad's system.  May be a vintage beauty that has the best headphone out of your life...............
idk. He got it from sears store. I don't think its anything really special.
post #10752 of 11259
post #10753 of 11259
1381342_681756331917070_6116149751545489059_n.jpg... Didn't know I could type in image URL.
post #10754 of 11259
10014946_681756411917062_8575255679325484184_n.jpg10007407_681756565250380_8884029492913360967_n.jpg
Edited by DisCHORDDubstep - 4/7/14 at 10:57am
post #10755 of 11259
That things a bass cannon... Nvm, more like earthquake machine.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
This thread is locked