or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Basshead Club - Page 716  

post #10726 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisCHORDDubstep View Post

These akg k240's can be distorted by my e11 I found. I hooked them up to my old 80's stereo system with the 6.5mm jack, turned the thing all the way up leading into my e11, and found that the k240's distort at 6.5/8 volume... Granted that's loud as ****. Its almost as if I have two e11's hooked into each other. That stereo system is one loud mother. And then i dragged the eq sliders on the old stereo system to full bass boost, and i distorted the k240's at 5/8 volume... And even that's loud as ****. With just my regular portable player, i turn it all the way up, then turn the e11 all the way up and don't get any distortion from the k240's... I think I'll try and take a shot at the 55's tomorrow when my friend gives em back. I haven't distorted those to the point of crackly crap yet, so i think that the stereo might just do it. My computer, music player, etc haven't been able to. The 55's get a lot louder than my k240's, but I'm ok with that anyways. The k240's just sound way too good. Really addictive bass texture, and sound signature. I found the pads uncomfortable as i have extremely large ears that stick out quite far, so i had to double the space for my ears not to be in pain. I just stuffed cloth wrappings in between headphones and pads. Did really nothing to sound. Made them a little quieter due to my ears being further away from the drivers, but I'm okay with it. Just turn it up to compensate. I think i just rambled... Plus, since there is 3 classes of bassheads, i think that the k240's fit class one. The ones who want bass texture and detail. Fits the description nicely. 5 decibel bass boost? Yep. Slightly louder than mids and treble? Yep. Good enough for type two?... **** no. They tickle a little bit according to my sister, but all that time spent with the 55's has deafened my ability to feel those vibrations. I think the brain is wired to ignore the vibrations after it gets used to them... Kind of sad really... Oh, looking at graphs though, the k240's have 2-3 less decibels of bass than the ath-m50x. That still fits into the type one description of 4-8 db boost quite nicely.

Lol, i love people using my type of basshead description. I guess my description goes hand in hand with hbb's forum though. Maybe he should put my anaylasis into each group of headphones. Only if he wants to, of course :3
post #10727 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by sloomingbla View Post


Lol, i love people using my type of basshead description. I guess my description goes hand in hand with hbb's forum though. Maybe he should put my anaylasis into each group of headphones. Only if he wants to, of course :3

Sounds like an idea.

Anything that helps evaluate/describe a can better in layman terms seems wise.

post #10728 of 11259

random but for any underground hip hop head that likes bass texture

https://soundcloud.com/kaelinellis/brian-eno-windows-95-kaelin

post #10729 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisCHORDDubstep View Post

These akg k240's can be distorted by my e11 I found. I hooked them up to my old 80's stereo system with the 6.5mm jack, turned the thing all the way up leading into my e11, and found that the k240's distort at 6.5/8 volume... Granted that's loud as ****. Its almost as if I have two e11's hooked into each other. That stereo system is one loud mother. And then i dragged the eq sliders on the old stereo system to full bass boost, and i distorted the k240's at 5/8 volume... And even that's loud as ****. With just my regular portable player, i turn it all the way up, then turn the e11 all the way up and don't get any distortion from the k240's... I think I'll try and take a shot at the 55's tomorrow when my friend gives em back. I haven't distorted those to the point of crackly crap yet, so i think that the stereo might just do it. My computer, music player, etc haven't been able to. The 55's get a lot louder than my k240's, but I'm ok with that anyways. The k240's just sound way too good. Really addictive bass texture, and sound signature. I found the pads uncomfortable as i have extremely large ears that stick out quite far, so i had to double the space for my ears not to be in pain. I just stuffed cloth wrappings in between headphones and pads. Did really nothing to sound. Made them a little quieter due to my ears being further away from the drivers, but I'm okay with it. Just turn it up to compensate. I think i just rambled... Plus, since there is 3 classes of bassheads, i think that the k240's fit class one. The ones who want bass texture and detail. Fits the description nicely. 5 decibel bass boost? Yep. Slightly louder than mids and treble? Yep. Good enough for type two?... **** no. They tickle a little bit according to my sister, but all that time spent with the 55's has deafened my ability to feel those vibrations. I think the brain is wired to ignore the vibrations after it gets used to them... Kind of sad really... Oh, looking at graphs though, the k240's have 2-3 less decibels of bass than the ath-m50x. That still fits into the type one description of 4-8 db boost quite nicely.

I'm not sure I understand why you and Hawaiibadboy try your distortion tests.

 

I can understand going all the way with the EQ, but at listening levels. But turning a vintage amplifier all the way up like that? Why? What's the point? Also, you really should try listening to that vintage amplifier without the FiiO E11, as it may just be better sounding as well.

post #10730 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coq de Combat View Post
 

I'm not sure I understand why you and Hawaiibadboy try your distortion tests.

 

I can understand going all the way with the EQ, but at listening levels. But turning a vintage amplifier all the way up like that? Why? What's the point? Also, you really should try listening to that vintage amplifier without the FiiO E11, as it may just be better sounding as well.

 

I use an e12 

I'm not sure why anyone would pay $8,000,7,6,5,4,3,2,1 for a headphone? (different strokes for different folks I guess)

 

I wanna know my headroom. I may not go there often but I do not want to be limited by the driver. I want to be limited by my ears. I don't wanna find out it's one and not the other down the road. I wanna know now. Before I pay. Just my preference. 

post #10731 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by MunkyNutz View Post
 

I need to wipe the Beyer Dt770's with Alpha Pads from my mind that were a page or so back....they looked amazing !

Reading the back-story on the Sz just now.... http://cdn.jvc.eu/szfxz/sz/interview.html

 

Go with your gut instinct. Both are good choices for different reasons.

 

 

 

 

 

 

I never saw that link..thanks!  Those bass tubes make me...happy. I WILL NEVER OPEN THOSE CANS:D

I'm too scared of anything coming loose...too many parts.

 

 

 

Quote:
 Miura“I have spent over 30 years as a speaker engineer, so for me, the sound that comes out of the speaker is something that I create. I had always wanted to create headphones that could reproduce the same audio quality that comes out of large floor model stereo speakers. Great audio from speakers requires consideration of the room in which they are enjoyed. In addition, it is generally not possible to turn up the volume of speakers in ordinary homes and enjoy their full potential. Headphones, on the other hand, let you listen to any music you like and as loud as you want, anywhere without concern about bothering others. For me, the headphones are the best way to listen to great audio. Our new headphones are inspired by my experience in building speakers based on the Kelton speaker design method and the Double Bass Reflex system. I believe there is still much speaker theory that can be exploited in the development of future headphones.

 

 

You definitely do need to power and turn these way up for everything to come together.


Edited by Hawaiibadboy - 4/6/14 at 11:34pm
post #10732 of 11259

Also worth asking on here.....anyone sample the Fostex TH-600 vs the SZ...?

post #10733 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by MunkyNutz View Post
 

Also worth asking on here.....anyone sample the Fostex TH-600 vs the SZ...?

@spurxiii   He had then sold his sz and he owns the TH-600 so he can help you with whatever you need

 


Edited by Hawaiibadboy - 4/7/14 at 1:15am
post #10734 of 11259
Oops posted this in the wrong thread earlier.
 

The sz extends further in the sub bass region 30hz or less. The TH600 sounds weaker in this region but there is still enough there to enjoy low bass hip hop music. The TH600 are in a different class altogether for everything else. The bass control, bass texture is better on the TH600. The mids of the TH600 is vastly clearer, coherent, so much smoother and there is absolutely no intrusion of the mids into the bass and vice versa, with the SZ you can hear some midbass eating into the mids. The highs on the TH600 are very extended and the cymbals sound so alive with them. Some say they are sibilant but I don't hear it at all, it's just so clear and sparkly. In comparison the SZ is really rolled off. Although both are closed cans, the TH600 sound very spacious in comparison to the SZ which is typical of a closed can. Funny that the TH600 sounds to me like it has a wider soundstage than even my open cans the HE500 and HD600. Just a note, the impression is a comparison so it may seem exaggerated because they are against each other. One last thing, there is so much more detail retrieval from the TH 600 in comparison to the SZ. Heck I hear more detail from the TH600 than my HE500s.

Overall, the TH600 is a bass head can that retains all the hallmarks of an audiophile headphone. I can't say that about the SZ, there is definitely something there for your extreme bass head because it is like strapping 18 inch subwoofers to your head. But there's just something lacking in the other frequencies which I needed the SZ to have in order for me to keep it. If only the mids and highs were even as clear as my $69 Takstar Pro 80s and the mid bass didn't eat into the mids so much but still retain that thunderous sub bass rumble, they would be keepers.

Sorry to offend anyone. Just my humble views

post #10735 of 11259

Some people have explained the TH600 midrange to be a bit thin sounding, would you agree? 

post #10736 of 11259
Yes it's thinner than the HE500 and HD600 and even the mad dogs. But doesn't sound recessed. It just sound less lush
post #10737 of 11259
I think the mids on the HE500 and TH600 are on the opposite sides of the scales for lushness. The HE500 is so meaty in the mids. The TH600s mids are just as forward but sounds airier. I enjoy both cans for different reasons and the mids for both are good for different music.
post #10738 of 11259
I probably sound like a TH600 fanboy now so I'll stop. One last thing, I'm looking for my end game rig and it'll probably be a TH900. I hope to hear it at the meet in May.
post #10739 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by spurxiii View Post
 

Overall, the TH600 is a bass head can that retains all the hallmarks of an audiophile headphone.

 

Agreed.

 

 

Actually, speaking of Mad dogs - after hearing the stock T50, I didn't have much hope for the Mad dogs. But, they actually surprised me. 

 

It's not like they rumbled on my head or anything, but the bass output was definitely a welcome addition. It's odd how they can mod a headphone to sound so different. 

 

Kinda liked it!

post #10740 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Lotus View Post

Agreed.


Actually, speaking of Mad dogs - after hearing the stock T50, I didn't have much hope for the Mad dogs. But, they actually surprised me. 

It's not like they rumbled on my head or anything, but the bass output was definitely a welcome addition. It's odd how they can mod a headphone to sound so different. 

Kinda liked it!

Yeah it's a really nice sounding can. It's got bass presence but the bass impact is lacking in comparison
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
This thread is locked