I've been looking at headphones for the past few days weighing my options and the recommendations given to me and simply cannot come up with a final choice...so I need a bit more help. It has come down to:
- Q40s (top choice so far)
- DT770 Pro (80 ohm or 32 ohm, whichever is better, worried about these not having enough bass)
- DT990 Pro (not liking the apparent higher treble, that's about it on these though)
- MDR-X05 (solely based on my experience with the XB400s, they can pump out the bass...but there's little impact and it might be because of the driver size)
I'm also considering, but would like need more information on:
- HARM77X (seem the same as Q40s with less sensitivity but larger drivers which may smooth bass out more for harder impact)
- HDH50 (interest sparked from Q40s, although the similarities to Akai headphones are discouraging)
- Pro700mk2 (these are said to have more theater quality THX bass, rather than impact, which is discouraging)
Halp pls. My indecisive mind is getting the better of me.
My goal is deep, impactful bass that can satisfy most bassheads, quantity is important but I've got an amp and EQ to bring more out if necessary. Thanks in advanced for any and all help.