New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Basshead Club - Page 691  

post #10351 of 11259
Hmm.. This is the old model JVC M5x's response chart, and just as I suspected, a dip in the response between 3.5-5 kHz, and rolled off treble. Looks like I did equalize them correctly. http://www.pcmag.com/slideshow_viewer/0,3253,l=264622&a=264622&po=6,00.asp
post #10352 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisCHORDDubstep View Post

Hmm.. This is the old model JVC M5x's response chart, and just as I suspected, a dip in the response between 3.5-5 kHz, and rolled off treble. Looks like I did equalize them correctly. http://www.pcmag.com/slideshow_viewer/0,3253,l=264622&a=264622&po=6,00.asp


Yea me too, looks like my recommended EQ settings in my M5X review wasn't far off either EQ'd just by ear. :)


Edited by RPGWiZaRD - 3/27/14 at 7:54am
post #10353 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPGWiZaRD View Post
 


Yea me too, looks like my recommended EQ settings in my M5X review wasn't far off either EQ'd just by ear. :)

These are the 1st generation version of the cans that changed everything for me. 

Sitting with my portable amp and comparing the slam of these with Beats Studios on the same track in the audio shop

I felt sick and stupid. That rarely happens. It did that day.


Edited by Hawaiibadboy - 3/27/14 at 8:27am
post #10354 of 11259

Has anybody on here tested out the JVC HA-S400?

post #10355 of 11259
So you bought the m5x's, not the m55x's Hawaii?
post #10356 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakanao View Post

Has anybody on here tested out the JVC HA-S400?
no, but isn't that the flat one with a 40mm driver?
post #10357 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisCHORDDubstep View Post


no, but isn't that the flat one with a 40mm driver?

It's supposed to be flatter than the S500, but it's supposed to still have basshead lvl bass. And it has 30mm drivers.

post #10358 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisCHORDDubstep View Post

So you bought the m5x's, not the m55x's Hawaii?

no I got the 55x. The m5x were the 1st gen. The 2nd series is the 55x's

post #10359 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakanao View Post
 

It's supposed to be flatter than the S500, but it's supposed to still have basshead lvl bass. And it has 30mm drivers.

 

They are modding the **** out of these things in that thread. I love the devotion:beerchug:

 

cnt drivers...another example of JVC putting that **** too close and not wrapping them in full cups...so folks do it themselves cuz the drivers deliver. Maybe JVC should hire some fans from this site since they know more than the ******* final approval team at JVC.

 

My beloved sz's need a pad mod too. It's worth it in spades but c'mon JVC.

 

Again..the guys in that thread are cool as ****...buncha McGyvers:D

post #10360 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiibadboy View Post
 

 

They are modding the **** out of these things in that thread. I love the devotion:beerchug:

 

cnt drivers...another example of JVC putting that **** too close and not wrapping them in full cups...so folks do it themselves cuz the drivers deliver. Maybe JVC should hire some fans from this site since they know more than the ******* final approval team at JVC.

 

My beloved sz's need a pad mod too. It's worth it in spades but c'mon JVC.

 

Again..the guys in that thread are cool as ****...buncha McGyvers:D

How long have you burned in your pair of S400's? I honestly don't like modding headphones, I prefer them stock.

post #10361 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakanao View Post
 

How long have you burned in your pair of S400's? I honestly don't like modding headphones, I prefer them stock.

I don't own them. 

I saw the thread and the mods and loved it. 

 

 

Macgyver owned some JVC's no doubt...

 

If you don't wanna mess with your stuff you should maybe get something else. The OG's in that thread turned those girly on ear things into over ear beast mode cnt cans...lol..I love it. First time I subbed to a thread that has cans I don't own and never will...I like the inspiration of those kinda hack/mod types. Good stuff!!

post #10362 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiibadboy View Post
 

I don't own them. 

I saw the thread and the mods and loved it. 

 

 

Macgyver owned some JVC's no doubt...

 

If you don't wanna mess with your stuff you should maybe get something else. The OG's in that thread turned those girly on ear things into over ear beast mode cnt cans...lol..I love it. First time I subbed to a thread that has cans I don't own and never will...I like the inspiration of those kinda hack/mod types. Good stuff!!

Well, problem is that there isn't anything decent in that price range other than those or the S500 (which are not avaible in my country) :p

post #10363 of 11259
Can someone recommend some bassy over ear cans under 40 ohm? And is the Ultrasone Pro 900 worth the money most places charge? Which is over £300 or slightly less..? Thanks in advance for any help and recommendations.
post #10364 of 11259
I'm not sure what the exchange rates are but i got my TH600 for $580aud (used but looked virtually brand new 10 hrs use) which might be a little more than your budget by $40 but I consider that almost my end game bass rig so well worth it
post #10365 of 11259
Pl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morph91 View Post

Can someone recommend some bassy over ear cans under 40 ohm? And is the Ultrasone Pro 900 worth the money most places charge? Which is over £300 or slightly less..? Thanks in advance for any help and recommendations.

Plus the TH600 is 25ohm so easy to drive
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
This thread is locked