New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Basshead Club - Page 685  

post #10261 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewWaveAudio View Post

No, I exchanged them. I tried on a cheap $30 pair of JVC headphones that my parents had, and sound quality and bass was much better than the Sony's. The cans I have now have much better sound quality and bass. More bass than the JVC 55'S.
that's just a tad too much bass imo
post #10262 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisCHORDDubstep View Post

that's just a tad too much bass imo
It's a more controlled bass. Very clear and crisp. The vocals really shine on these cans also.
post #10263 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewWaveAudio View Post


No, I exchanged them. I tried on a cheap $30 pair of JVC headphones that my parents had, and sound quality and bass was much better than the Sony's. The cans I have now have much better sound quality and bass. More bass than the JVC 55'S.

 

No bro.. no they do not.

I heard your current cans and they sound like 40mm drivers. The JBL Bassline share those drivers but are tuned and made better. You don't use an amp. They sound better than the 55's....sure. Hit harder and go deeper. No way. The JVC have well ported drivers that got 13mm more space than yours.  Running bass cans without an amp is almost pointless unless they have tuned cups with amping circuits ala Beats/SMS/Souls/ etc. Yours do not. They do have 40mm drivers. Same as the circuit amped studios.

 

The Beats studios..with an amp v.s. the 55's....the Beats lost. Your JBL are not even in that contest....I heard them THAT day.  Cowon and Amp. The Pioneer Steez hit harder than your 55's The Steez distorted, Yours distorted everything I tried did except the JVC 55's I was wearing $300 cans that just got owned by $60 ones....that is not a happy moment or one you forget.  

 

The Beats Studio dance on yours and the 55's danced on them in the Bass dept. Get an amp before you rank amps or state that you don't have one lest some folks get confused.

 

I vouch for the 77's and my sz. Never the 55's. They sound like ****. But Bass? Impact/quantity. C'mon now

 

 

 

 

post #10264 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewWaveAudio View Post

It's a more controlled bass. Very clear and crisp. The vocals really shine on these cans also.
sounds interesting. Were the 30$ JVC's by chance the harx700's? Those are aimed towards audiophiles. I might get a pair of harx900's in a week or two. Parents keep saying I'll buy them for you next week... Yeah... Right... From the sound of it, those cans you have have recessed treble, and elevated bass/mids. Am I correct? The JVC's I found have vocals and treble covered up by lower mids and bass. Once I eq'd them, they sounded pretty nice for bass/acoustic guitars. Took me about an hour to eq them correctly. The vocals just did not want to sound natural! I finally got it down though after some dragging of sliders... Hey Hawaii, do you know of any mods for the 55's? I can't find any on this forum and other sites.
post #10265 of 11259

I just picked up the jvc hx850 woodies.  Oh man the bass is so sexy and a beast and I hear it gets much cleaner after 100 hours.

post #10266 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisCHORDDubstep View Post


sounds interesting. Were the 30$ JVC's by chance the harx700's? Those are aimed towards audiophiles. I might get a pair of harx900's in a week or two. Parents keep saying I'll buy them for you next week... Yeah... Right... From the sound of it, those cans you have have recessed treble, and elevated bass/mids. Am I correct? The JVC's I found have vocals and treble covered up by lower mids and bass. Once I eq'd them, they sounded pretty nice for bass/acoustic guitars. Took me about an hour to eq them correctly. The vocals just did not want to sound natural! I finally got it down though after some dragging of sliders... Hey Hawaii, do you know of any mods for the 55's? I can't find any on this forum and other sites.

No.

They are what they are. poorly tuned little brothers of the 77's. They hit hard enough and eat enough amp in the bass region to make a dude give away his Beats.(Famous for low end so loud it offended an entire sub culture "audiophiles" and spurned countless copycats...some made by audiophile brands)  But there is no mod. That's all you get. Be happy and now save money and move on up until you hit the set your looking for.

post #10267 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewWaveAudio View Post


No, I exchanged them. I tried on a cheap $30 pair of JVC headphones that my parents had, and sound quality and bass was much better than the Sony's. The cans I have now have much better sound quality and bass. More bass than the JVC 55'S.

Oh really? Which are those magical JVC headphones? I own the once flavor of the month RX700 and they are the worst of all my headphones by far..not even close to the Sony aside from Soundstage. Again, if you do not EQ the Sony then yeah, I wouldnt like them but you suddenly had a complete change of mind..oh well, I do not just suddenly feel something becomes crap one day after it was great. 

post #10268 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiibadboy View Post

No bro.. no they do not.
I heard your current cans and they sound like 40mm drivers. The JBL Bassline share those drivers but are tuned and made better. You don't use an amp. They sound better than the 55's....sure. Hit harder and go deeper. No way. The JVC have well ported drivers that got 13mm more space than yours.  Running bass cans without an amp is almost pointless unless they have tuned cups with amping circuits ala Beats/SMS/Souls/ etc. Yours do not. They do have 40mm drivers. Same as the circuit amped studios.

The Beats studios..with an amp v.s. the 55's....the Beats lost. Your JBL are not even in that contest....I heard them THAT day.  Cowon and Amp. The Pioneer Steez hit harder than your 55's The Steez distorted, Yours distorted everything I tried did except the JVC 55's I was wearing $300 cans that just got owned by $60 ones....that is not a happy moment or one you forget.  

The Beats Studio dance on yours and the 55's danced on them in the Bass dept. Get an amp before you rank amps or state that you don't have one lest some folks get confused.

I vouch for the 77's and my sz. Never the 55's. They sound like ****. But Bass? Impact/quantity. C'mon now









I wouldn't say they sound like **** Hawaii. They sound nicer in all aspects from a direct comparison by me to that same exact model of beats studios you're holding in the picture. They have more detail believe it or not. If you'd listen to jimmy buffet, or the eagles with beats, it sounds so bad its almost unlistenable. The JVC's on the other hand react far better to deep bass, treble, acoustic guitars, and vocals. Original beats studios are really only good for hip hop. That's it. I don't even like them for dubstep. I listened to guns n' roses with the beats, and axl rose's voice was a scratchy mess. Better on the JVC's... Sure when you compare 55's to audiophile cans, the JVC's sound like ****, but for basshead cans they are the best you could possibly buy out of a WalMart imo.
post #10269 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolin95 View Post

Oh really? Which are those magical JVC headphones? I own the once flavor of the month RX700 and they are the worst of all my headphones by far..not even close to the Sony aside from Soundstage. Again, if you do not EQ the Sony then yeah, I wouldnt like them but you suddenly had a complete change of mind..oh well, I do not just suddenly feel something becomes crap one day after it was great. 
why did they suck? Are you comparing them to the xb series? If you are just looking at impact as the only factor, then yes. If you mean detail, then I will say... Meh. You are entitled to your own opinions. Keep in mind harx700's are audiophile cans, not basshead cans.
post #10270 of 11259
I'm just a little confused by some of the claims of why the sound sucks or not. Its kind of hard to understand what sucks about them if you don't specify. smily_headphones1.gif
post #10271 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisCHORDDubstep View Post


I wouldn't say they sound like **** Hawaii. They sound nicer in all aspects from a direct comparison by me to that same exact model of beats studios you're holding in the picture. They have more detail believe it or not. If you'd listen to jimmy buffet, or the eagles with beats, it sounds so bad its almost unlistenable. The JVC's on the other hand react far better to deep bass, treble, acoustic guitars, and vocals. Original beats studios are really only good for hip hop. That's it. I don't even like them for dubstep. I listened to guns n' roses with the beats, and axl rose's voice was a scratchy mess. Better on the JVC's... Sure when you compare 55's to audiophile cans, the JVC's sound like ****, but for basshead cans they are the best you could possibly buy out of a WalMart imo.

My first posts on here were about the 55's...and i purchased them. And I gave away my beats ...to my gf but they are not here now. The 77's (New version) kill them. Murder. But I listen to Hip Hop/Rap/Reggae

 

If you call black white or white black or even play with grey you will lose credibility with folks who can see beyond there own bias. The other folks...70% of the members are delusional so who cares what they think? The dude saying 40mm JBL's of a line being moved aside for the new JBL  Bassline series which are better made/tuned...saying they have more bass than the JVC 55 is why this site bewilders so many regular folks who know nothing but what their ears tell them. Then they doubt themselves or trust a stranger and feel very sad. It's like stealing their money. It's theft.  I know the sz will thump over pro 900 and everything else. i know because I tried and compared them all directly. I just made a guy sad because he thought I was trying to push the sz...he thanked me??? No...no...if you like Hip Hop and listen to that a lot and like very loud bass and have a good amp with tools to push the bass you'll be happy...if none of those 3 fit then go away...far away. He was "confused"...wtf? We are not friends on here. I don't know anyone on here. I know bass. Bass is my friend. You folks are avatars. The 55 will kill the 40mm JBL 55 and it's a joke to state otherwise without even having an amp. I said get an amp and player 1st THEN get cans so you can really hear what your getting.

 

My 55's don't even have cups anymore. They sounded very limited as I never eq'd them for anything besides Hip Hop. They did that very very well. The 77's are 57mm of thunder love with a "V" curve out the box. Play Metal whatever. They are alive but sleeping. The sz get my time now. The 55's are long gone from my ears but it was just 3 moths ago they were stomping the bass out of many a can. 

post #10272 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisCHORDDubstep View Post


why did they suck? Are you comparing them to the xb series? If you are just looking at impact as the only factor, then yes. If you mean detail, then I will say... Meh. You are entitled to your own opinions. Keep in mind harx700's are audiophile cans, not basshead cans.

I compared them to the ones in my signature plus the Sens Momentums which are not basshead headphones either.
The 700s sound like the speakers are ten miles away from my ears and just a cheap sound coming out of the drivers..is the best way I can explain it. Any of the headphones on my list or the Sens Momentums I will take any day over the 700s.
The only reason I kept the 700 is because it has a long cable which I can use for home recording when singing. I thought Audiophiles meant flat (lack of bass usually for us) sound but not cheap and just dead like the 700s but oh well.

post #10273 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolin95 View Post
 

I compared them to the ones in my signature plus the Sens Momentums which are not basshead headphones either.
The 700s sound like the speakers are ten miles away from my ears and just a cheap sound coming out of the drivers..is the best way I can explain it. Any of the headphones on my list or the Sens Momentums I will take any day over the 700s.
The only reason I kept the 700 is because it has a long cable which I can use for home recording when singing. I thought Audiophiles meant flat (lack of bass usually for us) sound but not cheap and just dead like the 700s but oh well.

 Never heard them the ones you mention but the distant dixie cup sound is similar to the 55's mids. 10 miles away sounds about right. I blew in here on a bass related claim. Nothing else. 

post #10274 of 11259
Ah. My objective 2 arrived, and i love it.

Finally, there is no doubt or need for upgrading, my djs sound perfect to my ears. Only things i may consider now are the zo3 and th900s, in the very far future.

Nirvana biggrin.gif
post #10275 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolin95 View Post

I compared them to the ones in my signature plus the Sens Momentums which are not basshead headphones either.

The 700s sound like the speakers are ten miles away from my ears and just a cheap sound coming out of the drivers..is the best way I can explain it. Any of the headphones on my list or the Sens Momentums I will take any day over the 700s.

The only reason I kept the 700 is because it has a long cable which I can use for home recording when singing. I thought Audiophiles meant flat (lack of bass usually for us) sound but not cheap and just dead like the 700s but oh well.
hmm... Well, I heard that they improve with burn in, plus maybe the harx900's sound better or something. I'll do a review... Plus aren't the momentums 250$? That's a big price gap for comparison lol. 250$ to 30$. Look up some of the mids for those harx700's. Apparently it sounds phenomenally better.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
This thread is locked