New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Basshead Club - Page 682  

post #10216 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subere View Post
 

 

Can anyone give me a hand? :s I'm really coming up blank. Doesn't seem there is anywhere for me to go from my XB700s within my budget ($200-300). Maybe a DAC/amp combo would be a better investment seeing as I'm currently running off onboard audio?

A Cowon player with a fiio e12 will fit under there and prep you for a new level . JetEffects are a toy box of tweaks. BBE was ported to them licensed by them. It's not a cheap effects package.  The Cowon DAC's are great. The e12 is plenty power has a bass boost that is a switch but pulls up the early audible sub freq and it handles the rest of the spectrum quite well. 

 

Of course I recommend what i know and use. A Cowon player and a e12 amp.  Great cost to performance ratio.


Edited by Hawaiibadboy - 3/23/14 at 10:47pm
post #10217 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewWaveAudio View Post


The MDR x10 are the newer version of the XB700

 

Over-ear is a must for me :s

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiibadboy View Post
 

A Cowon player with a fiio e12 will fit under there and prep you for a new level . JetEffects are a toy box of tweaks. BBE was ported to them licensed by them. It's not a cheap effects package.  The Cowon DAC's are great. The e12 is plenty power has a bass boost that is a switch but pulls up the early audible sub freq and it handles the rest of the spectrum quite well. 

 

Of course I recommend what i know and use. A Cowon player and a e12 amp.  Great cost to performance ratio.

 

Yeah, I was looking at the E17, but I'm not too sure. I don't have any experience in the DAC/amp world.

post #10218 of 11259
Even though the MDR x10 is considered on ear, the way the ear pad fits on your ear makes it technically over ear.the earpad forms to your ear, creating a seal@Subere
Edited by NewWaveAudio - 3/23/14 at 11:19pm
post #10219 of 11259

The reason I need over-ear is because I wear them all day while I work. I don't know if it's just my ears or what, but having something sit on my ears for long periods of time is just really uncomfortable for me. Thanks for the rec though.

post #10220 of 11259
The M-audio Q40 is pretty good. Requires a pad switch for maximum comfort though.
post #10221 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subere View Post

The reason I need over-ear is because I wear them all day while I work. I don't know if it's just my ears or what, but having something sit on my ears for long periods of time is just really uncomfortable for me. Thanks for the rec though.
I have the same problem with headphones like the MDR v55. But these are surprisingly comfortable. You might want to check out the HA-MR77X or SZ 2000
post #10222 of 11259

If you like to tweak your sound. The Cowon J3 /S9 are awesome. 

Cowon has a rep and they earned it. the sound is great.

I own the i10...dear lord ......terrorists created the UI but it's got the same engine under the hood so i fought through the jungle to get to it's gold. You can skip that by getting a J3/ S9.

 

That player with it's great DAC and effects system + an e12 can fit under 300 bucks.

 

=my 2 cents

post #10223 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subere View Post
 

The reason I need over-ear is because I wear them all day while I work.

 

Maybe look into the Beyer DT770s? They are incredibly comfortable, fantastic for lengthy listening sessions, and have a dark signature, great for bass-lovers. They can be EQ'd to be ridiculous, but have enough bass for work/day to day listening. Heavy on the sub-bass.

 

They also have a lot of metal parts, and are very sturdy - mine live in my toolbag permanently, and have for many years, and haven't been damaged.

 

If you have budget left over, the Aune T1 or a Magni/Modi combo would drive them very well.

post #10224 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewWaveAudio View Post


I have the same problem with headphones like the MDR v55. But these are surprisingly comfortable. You might want to check out the HA-MR77X or SZ 2000

If his library is 80% Hip Hop I endorse this rec:D

 

Otherwise...no.

 

If you want cans ...like most do...that play everything well but emphasize an aspect you prefer then  again...no!!!

 

If you wanna hear slamming rumbling bass hits on your hip hop heavy library then a resounding emphatic yes.  I love mine and will never sell either. I will buy a new set down the road (th900) but for bass I'm set 4 life.

 

The 77 and sz are for bass extremeophiles.I am one but know most are not.

post #10225 of 11259

DT770 dark? :blink:​ Maybe if you've lost hearing in the highs already..

post #10226 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiibadboy View Post

If his library is 80% Hip Hop I endorse this rec:D

Otherwise...no.

If you want cans ...like most do...that play everything well but emphasize an aspect you prefer then  again...no!!!

If you wanna hear slamming rumbling bass hits on your hip hop heavy library then a resounding emphatic yes.  I love mine and will never sell either. I will buy a new set down the road (th900) but for bass I'm set 4 life.

The 77 and sz are for bass extremeophiles.I am one but know most are not.
I assumed he is looking for bass heavy cans sense he is coming from the XB 700
post #10227 of 11259
@Subere what type of music do you listen to?
post #10228 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Lotus View Post
 

 

Maybe look into the Beyer DT770s? They are incredibly comfortable, fantastic for lengthy listening sessions, and have a dark signature, great for bass-lovers. They can be EQ'd to be ridiculous, but have enough bass for work/day to day listening. Heavy on the sub-bass.

 

They also have a lot of metal parts, and are very sturdy - mine live in my toolbag permanently, and have for many years, and haven't been damaged.

 

If you have budget left over, the Aune T1 or a Magni/Modi combo would drive them very well.

 

I can see you framing houses on the side of a mountain, ripping the heads off rattle snakes and drinking the blood when your thirsty and telling lost hikers to **** off while you pull out the 770's to relax:veryevil:

post #10229 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewWaveAudio View Post


I assumed he is looking for bass heavy cans sense he is coming from the XB 700

I did too but he got Grado in his avatar:blink:

post #10230 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiibadboy View Post

I did too but he got Grado in his avatar:blink:
Hah, didn't see that
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
This thread is locked