Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") Last post on Today at 10:34 am in Headphones (full-size)
- Suggestions for a $200 over the ear headphone, mostly for EDM/Dubstep Last post on 4/6/14 at 7:48am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Ultrasone Pro 900 Vs Sony XB 1000 Or Suggestions For Subsonic bass-head cans? Last post on 9/17/13 at 10:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Headphones: Best Overall Headphones ~$150. True or False? Last post on 8/18/13 at 6:44am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 8/29/14
I am one of the lucky ones to get a chance to be reviewer in the HE-400i "tour". HiFiMAN has intrigued me since the start of my Head-Fi journey. The HE-400 was the first headphone I purchased...
Note: Much of this comes from a review I wrote and posted elsewhere a month or so ago, but with some editing and organizational tweaks. I have wanted to do a full Alpha Dog review for a while,...
I have owned this headphone for 2 years and it never disappointed me. The sound quality is no need to discuss as its sound signature has been discussed multiple times in TH900 thread. This...
Excelllent headphones, coming after ss 9h headset, senn's 429 558 598 and i love these most, i differentiate details better in vocals now, i can say if vocalist is blowing into microphone while...
published on September 22, 2014 (click any photo in this review for a larger version) Intro I first heard about Garage1217's Project Polaris (just "Polaris" from here on out, for the...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
The Basshead Club - Page 672
Gear mentioned in this thread:
So I dove in and bought a bassheads IEM dream today:
Unique Melody Merlin.
Four BA drivers, one dynamic bass driver, in a custom IEM enclosure.
Will be a few weeks before it all goes through, but looking forward to it!
The Bass is ridiculous. For the price it should be in everybody's collection. IMO
If you got eq skillz they could be used in the mids.
Fostex....that's a brand and the TH's are legends. These are not in that league.
I'm a fanboy but not a fool.
I'm a basshead to the core though and these shook me. I stopped shopping for basshead cans when I found these. When I step up to audiophile grade it will be with what you and Oregonian got in the TH series
Bro...I'm so ******* happy!. People recommend cans all the time but personal tastes about "staging" and such make for many returns or items on the for sale thread. Opinions are good and bad.
These are simple head slammers....your ear may be humming now. It's not really an opinion ...your head feels like it's getting walloped. The driver shouldn't distort before your ears do. These cans do that well...better than any i have ever heard. Kind of unreal. The changing of the pads is a big improvement for me too.
You already got the Fostex for your high end listening.....those are the cans I want in the future actually. These are well made $220 head thumpers. I never smiled so many times in my life with headphones. These bring out the kid in me.
I'm glad you are enjoying them.
I love my Merlins, but I wouldn't call them exactly basshead IEMs. They have well extended and controlled bass, but entry basshead level in quantity. On the other hand there are the mids and treble - well, that's another story (superb!).
That is absolutely insane...! Wonder if work would mind haha
On a side note, I think I'm long overdue to join here.
V-moda m-100s (just received)
Modded grado sr-60i's
Ultrasone pro 900
New 2013 studio beats
Looking for some time to A/B compare the ex1000's to the m100s... those sonys are amazing
That's a little worrying, as every single review I have read has said otherwise.
At least seven of the main reviews I have read contain the word "basshead".
Sigh, that's a real shame. I really do hate shopping for customs, as you can't demo anything.
... I want those sz2000 now. On a different note: Can the V-Moda LP's take a ton of power? When do they start to distort? From what I'm reading, amps similar in power the the E11 won't distort sound, but nothing was said about the really powerful mobile amps. Does anyone have crossfade LP's?
Your source will distort the cans long before your amp will.
If you're using full-size cans, an amp shouldn't distort them, period.
I've never heard any headphone who would distort sooner than what I'd feel comfortable to listen with in first place. If you listen to safe volume levels they won't distort and I have no interest in damaging my hearing.
- The Basshead Club
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › New interesting dac/headphone amp : SOtM sHP-100 21 seconds ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 1 minute ago
- › What's Your Alcoholic Drink of Choice? // Drink Discussion 2 minutes ago
- › High-End Earbuds (Dasetn, Tingo, Blox, Yuin etc) and Earbud Gear... 2 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 3 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i ***Canada*** 3 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0 3 minutes ago
- › beyerdynamic T5p: Photos and first impressions. 3 minutes ago
- › New Custom-to-Universal IEMs: InEar StageDiver 2/3 3 minutes ago
- › Music City Meet #2 -- Fall 2014 -- Pics & Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by smellyfungus
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by hans030390
- › Fostex TH 900 by archeryc
- › AKG K 550 by Ufasas
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by razor5cl
- › Aune M1 Hi-Fi Wav Player by wtnwin111
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)