Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") Last post on Yesterday at 8:14 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Suggestions for a $200 over the ear headphone, mostly for EDM/Dubstep Last post on 4/6/14 at 7:48am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Ultrasone Pro 900 Vs Sony XB 1000 Or Suggestions For Subsonic bass-head cans? Last post on 9/17/13 at 10:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Headphones: Best Overall Headphones ~$150. True or False? Last post on 8/18/13 at 6:44am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 11/28/14
Thanks to Luke (H20Fidelity) for letting me a part of the Australian leg of the COZOY DAC/Amp tour and for Igor (DJScope) for the personal delivery, no doubt due to him enjoying the unit so much...
This review is for the Linum Bax 2-Pin, Bax IEM and headphone cables. Let me introduce myself my name is Adam, I live in the states between Philadelphia and New York City. I have been into audio...
Havi B3 Pro 1 - Pictorial Review Let me start by saying that ......the purchase of B3Pro1 has been long time coming ever since introduced by bhazard in the Chinese thread early last year...
I have posted a more detailed review on my blog with hi resolution pictures. http://blog.hyperexpert.com/audio-technica-at-pha50bt-first-impressions-and-review/ I stumbled upon Audio Technica’s...
My impressions is that these don’t sound significantly different than the cheaper SP version in terms of sound signature. The biggest difference is detail, more extended highs and smoother mid. If...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
The Basshead Club - Page 672
Gear mentioned in this thread:
So I dove in and bought a bassheads IEM dream today:
Unique Melody Merlin.
Four BA drivers, one dynamic bass driver, in a custom IEM enclosure.
Will be a few weeks before it all goes through, but looking forward to it!
The Bass is ridiculous. For the price it should be in everybody's collection. IMO
If you got eq skillz they could be used in the mids.
Fostex....that's a brand and the TH's are legends. These are not in that league.
I'm a fanboy but not a fool.
I'm a basshead to the core though and these shook me. I stopped shopping for basshead cans when I found these. When I step up to audiophile grade it will be with what you and Oregonian got in the TH series
Bro...I'm so ******* happy!. People recommend cans all the time but personal tastes about "staging" and such make for many returns or items on the for sale thread. Opinions are good and bad.
These are simple head slammers....your ear may be humming now. It's not really an opinion ...your head feels like it's getting walloped. The driver shouldn't distort before your ears do. These cans do that well...better than any i have ever heard. Kind of unreal. The changing of the pads is a big improvement for me too.
You already got the Fostex for your high end listening.....those are the cans I want in the future actually. These are well made $220 head thumpers. I never smiled so many times in my life with headphones. These bring out the kid in me.
I'm glad you are enjoying them.
I love my Merlins, but I wouldn't call them exactly basshead IEMs. They have well extended and controlled bass, but entry basshead level in quantity. On the other hand there are the mids and treble - well, that's another story (superb!).
That is absolutely insane...! Wonder if work would mind haha
On a side note, I think I'm long overdue to join here.
V-moda m-100s (just received)
Modded grado sr-60i's
Ultrasone pro 900
New 2013 studio beats
Looking for some time to A/B compare the ex1000's to the m100s... those sonys are amazing
That's a little worrying, as every single review I have read has said otherwise.
At least seven of the main reviews I have read contain the word "basshead".
Sigh, that's a real shame. I really do hate shopping for customs, as you can't demo anything.
... I want those sz2000 now. On a different note: Can the V-Moda LP's take a ton of power? When do they start to distort? From what I'm reading, amps similar in power the the E11 won't distort sound, but nothing was said about the really powerful mobile amps. Does anyone have crossfade LP's?
Your source will distort the cans long before your amp will.
If you're using full-size cans, an amp shouldn't distort them, period.
I've never heard any headphone who would distort sooner than what I'd feel comfortable to listen with in first place. If you listen to safe volume levels they won't distort and I have no interest in damaging my hearing.
- The Basshead Club
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › O2 AMP + ODAC 1 minute ago
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › Fulla (by) Schiit - News, photos, thoughts, impressions, etc. 2 minutes ago
- › Mr Speakers Ether 3 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 7 minutes ago
- › New Leckerton UHA-6S MKII Portable Headphone Amplifier Announced... 9 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 9 minutes ago
- › Obscure Chinese DAPs 12 minutes ago
- › T-PEOS Altone200 - 3 - Way - Hybrid Discussion Thread. 13 minutes ago
- › THE best female vocals? (your favorite female singers) 13 minutes ago
- › Cozoy Astrapi by Xtralglactic
- › Linum 2Pin Detachable Connector - BaX Dual Twist Model by acain
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by Wokei
- › Audio Technica AT-PHA50BT by unknownsolo
- › Sennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphone by kite7
- › Sennheiser IE80 by ahnvx
- › AKG K 702 Headphones by ExCelciuS
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by vaziyetu
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by xsk3l3t0rx
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM02 balanced amature inner earphone by ahnvx
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2