Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") Last post on 8/27/15 at 1:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Suggestions for a $200 over the ear headphone, mostly for EDM/Dubstep Last post on 4/6/14 at 7:48am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Ultrasone Pro 900 Vs Sony XB 1000 Or Suggestions For Subsonic bass-head cans? Last post on 9/17/13 at 10:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Headphones: Best Overall Headphones ~$150. True or False? Last post on 8/18/13 at 6:44am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/6/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 7/31/15
At the time this review was written the Cayin C5DAC was on sale at Penon Audio for $215.00 USD. Here is a link to their...
Intro When it comes to the world of PC audio, Creative Labs is a brand well known. For nearly 35 years Creative has been an industry leader in digital multimedia technology and innovation....
I have had my AK380 for over a month now and its time to post a review Before I had the AK380 I had an NW-ZX2 for 6 months, an AK240 for nearly two years and the AK120 before that, so yes, I...
I have tried the JBL Synchros line of s300, s500, and s700. As it turns out, the low end model sounds the best to me. These are on ear design, cups are about 3 inches wide. Headband and yokes are...
These are easy to use and pair quickly with your device. The sound quality - lows, mids, and highs are excellent provided a good seal with the ear. Good bluetooth range, battery life, and comfort....
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
The Basshead Club - Page 672
Gear mentioned in this thread:
So I dove in and bought a bassheads IEM dream today:
Unique Melody Merlin.
Four BA drivers, one dynamic bass driver, in a custom IEM enclosure.
Will be a few weeks before it all goes through, but looking forward to it!
The Bass is ridiculous. For the price it should be in everybody's collection. IMO
If you got eq skillz they could be used in the mids.
Fostex....that's a brand and the TH's are legends. These are not in that league.
I'm a fanboy but not a fool.
I'm a basshead to the core though and these shook me. I stopped shopping for basshead cans when I found these. When I step up to audiophile grade it will be with what you and Oregonian got in the TH series
Bro...I'm so ******* happy!. People recommend cans all the time but personal tastes about "staging" and such make for many returns or items on the for sale thread. Opinions are good and bad.
These are simple head slammers....your ear may be humming now. It's not really an opinion ...your head feels like it's getting walloped. The driver shouldn't distort before your ears do. These cans do that well...better than any i have ever heard. Kind of unreal. The changing of the pads is a big improvement for me too.
You already got the Fostex for your high end listening.....those are the cans I want in the future actually. These are well made $220 head thumpers. I never smiled so many times in my life with headphones. These bring out the kid in me.
I'm glad you are enjoying them.
I love my Merlins, but I wouldn't call them exactly basshead IEMs. They have well extended and controlled bass, but entry basshead level in quantity. On the other hand there are the mids and treble - well, that's another story (superb!).
That is absolutely insane...! Wonder if work would mind haha
On a side note, I think I'm long overdue to join here.
V-moda m-100s (just received)
Modded grado sr-60i's
Ultrasone pro 900
New 2013 studio beats
Looking for some time to A/B compare the ex1000's to the m100s... those sonys are amazing
That's a little worrying, as every single review I have read has said otherwise.
At least seven of the main reviews I have read contain the word "basshead".
Sigh, that's a real shame. I really do hate shopping for customs, as you can't demo anything.
... I want those sz2000 now. On a different note: Can the V-Moda LP's take a ton of power? When do they start to distort? From what I'm reading, amps similar in power the the E11 won't distort sound, but nothing was said about the really powerful mobile amps. Does anyone have crossfade LP's?
Your source will distort the cans long before your amp will.
If you're using full-size cans, an amp shouldn't distort them, period.
I've never heard any headphone who would distort sooner than what I'd feel comfortable to listen with in first place. If you listen to safe volume levels they won't distort and I have no interest in damaging my hearing.
- The Basshead Club
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Why do companies make headphones hard to drive(300+ ohm) is it a... 50 seconds ago
- › Darkvoice 336i & 336SE Tuberolling PartII 2 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...(previously 6SN7 + 6AS7G/6080 prototype) 4 minutes ago
- › Did Sennheiser just reveal the Orpheus successor? 8 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 9 minutes ago
- › Woo WA2 Tube Rolling Recommendations 11 minutes ago
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A17 12 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD25 Aluminium 25th anniversary edition review 13 minutes ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Duke - a new high-performance IEM 15 minutes ago
- › Seeking advice: Audio-gd customer service (NFB-15) 16 minutes ago
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by Hisoundfi
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by Bansaku
- › Astell&Kern AK380 Ultimate High Fidelity Portable Music Player by piercer
- › JBL Synchros S300 Premium On-Ear Stereo Headphones by ourfpshero
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by Mark231
- › Sony MDR EX1000 by dubbcd
- › Cypher Labs Algorhythm Picollo by dubbcd
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by dubbcd
- › HiFimeDIY Sabre USB DAC 2 (External PSU) by BloodyPenguin
- › KZ ED9 Tunning Nozzles In-Ear Headphones by Reinoud1963
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2