Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") Last post on Today at 4:01 am in Headphones (full-size)
- Suggestions for a $200 over the ear headphone, mostly for EDM/Dubstep Last post on 4/6/14 at 7:48am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Ultrasone Pro 900 Vs Sony XB 1000 Or Suggestions For Subsonic bass-head cans? Last post on 9/17/13 at 10:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Headphones: Best Overall Headphones ~$150. True or False? Last post on 8/18/13 at 6:44am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 6/30/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 7/14/15
I have covered Tube Amp’s portable amps in the past (here and here). While the company is called ‘Tube Amp’, they don’t limit themselves to only tube amp, but also discrete amp. The LF-15 however...
So, first off, I must say that for 200 dollars (or 170, in my case, for a unit that was previously a store-display model), you CANNOT go wrong with this superb little DAP. The soundstage and...
I bought a pair of these for a real steal (used, for 70 bucks, on Amazon) earlier this month and I am LOVING them more than almost any other purchase I've made in my life. They sound amazing. ....
This is my second round with these "holy grail" of headphones. First time around I was just laughing at it's meager power capability. The sound was good, but not mind blowing. Zero sub bass...
First of all, I’d like to thank iBasso for sending me a review sample of the D14. iBasso have really established themselves as a big name in portable audio devices and after reviewing both their...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
The Basshead Club - Page 672
Gear mentioned in this thread:
So I dove in and bought a bassheads IEM dream today:
Unique Melody Merlin.
Four BA drivers, one dynamic bass driver, in a custom IEM enclosure.
Will be a few weeks before it all goes through, but looking forward to it!
The Bass is ridiculous. For the price it should be in everybody's collection. IMO
If you got eq skillz they could be used in the mids.
Fostex....that's a brand and the TH's are legends. These are not in that league.
I'm a fanboy but not a fool.
I'm a basshead to the core though and these shook me. I stopped shopping for basshead cans when I found these. When I step up to audiophile grade it will be with what you and Oregonian got in the TH series
Bro...I'm so ******* happy!. People recommend cans all the time but personal tastes about "staging" and such make for many returns or items on the for sale thread. Opinions are good and bad.
These are simple head slammers....your ear may be humming now. It's not really an opinion ...your head feels like it's getting walloped. The driver shouldn't distort before your ears do. These cans do that well...better than any i have ever heard. Kind of unreal. The changing of the pads is a big improvement for me too.
You already got the Fostex for your high end listening.....those are the cans I want in the future actually. These are well made $220 head thumpers. I never smiled so many times in my life with headphones. These bring out the kid in me.
I'm glad you are enjoying them.
I love my Merlins, but I wouldn't call them exactly basshead IEMs. They have well extended and controlled bass, but entry basshead level in quantity. On the other hand there are the mids and treble - well, that's another story (superb!).
That is absolutely insane...! Wonder if work would mind haha
On a side note, I think I'm long overdue to join here.
V-moda m-100s (just received)
Modded grado sr-60i's
Ultrasone pro 900
New 2013 studio beats
Looking for some time to A/B compare the ex1000's to the m100s... those sonys are amazing
That's a little worrying, as every single review I have read has said otherwise.
At least seven of the main reviews I have read contain the word "basshead".
Sigh, that's a real shame. I really do hate shopping for customs, as you can't demo anything.
... I want those sz2000 now. On a different note: Can the V-Moda LP's take a ton of power? When do they start to distort? From what I'm reading, amps similar in power the the E11 won't distort sound, but nothing was said about the really powerful mobile amps. Does anyone have crossfade LP's?
Your source will distort the cans long before your amp will.
If you're using full-size cans, an amp shouldn't distort them, period.
I've never heard any headphone who would distort sooner than what I'd feel comfortable to listen with in first place. If you listen to safe volume levels they won't distort and I have no interest in damaging my hearing.
- The Basshead Club
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › ***NEW*** Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp??? 12 seconds ago
- › Looking for closed back portable headphones with great sound... 31 seconds ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 33 seconds ago
- › 1964 Ears 1 minute ago
- › Classical Contemporary Music Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Which under-$100 USB DAC, from these choices? 2 minutes ago
- › New headphone amplifier from Bryston 3 minutes ago
- › The all new Continental Dual Mono 3 minutes ago
- › The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread 4 minutes ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 5 minutes ago
- › Tube Amp LF-15 by ClieOS
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by goodyfresh
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-80 by goodyfresh
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by snellemin
- › iBasso Audio D14 "Bushmaster" by lin0003
- › Bette 10MM 1+1 Hybrid Wood Black by BloodyPenguin
- › Master & Dynamic MH40 by sk2290
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by wrathzombie
- › RHA T20 by Wyd4
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon by Stillhart
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3