New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Basshead Club - Page 668  

post #10006 of 11259

Yep I am using the FiiO E18 and even tried with the E17 and on my computer from a Scarlett 8i6 to make sure. I do plant to play with all 3 a bit longer to make they right call. :)

post #10007 of 11259
Hmm. I wonder if lower end headphones are effected more by amps than high end. I thought my hfi 580s sounded insanely better with the e11 but i actually prefer my signature djs without the amp. It improves the bass and soundstage but makes the imaging terrible. So strange to me
post #10008 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolin95 View Post
 

Well preliminary report...I have been testing the Sens Momentum (M-100 should be here today or monday) and I guess I AM a basshead cause I just dont find satisfaction on that thin sound. Yeah I can get some nice bass with some songs if heavily EQed but since I listen to such different genres of music, some of it is very light on bass and I cannot make them come alive with the Momentums. I dont see myself being able to enjoy music as much now even though some areas are clearly better than my Sony MDR-X10 so my hope is that the M-100 is the middle ground between both sounds. :)

Yeah the momentums were on the bass wiki but taken down last week. They are not basshead cans .

 

The M-100 had a clash with my favorite basshead cans last week and ...yeah, they are well made well tuned cans. They are on the wiki because they and the LP's do "represent" the low end very well and with some authority but that guy ended up buying what i got. He's chasing the bass dragon:D

 

I think you're gonna see the M-100 is clearly the best sound quality of the 3 and it's bass will be tighter ...maybe? But not more in your face reaching in your pockets and stealing your change like bass of the X10


Edited by Hawaiibadboy - 3/15/14 at 7:21pm
post #10009 of 11259

Hey guys, i found a pair of q40's that were heavily modded for 140$. good deal? heres his info on them.

 

These are M-Audio's studiophones made for neutrality and based around mixing music. They give you the full range of sound, all the way from low end bass to the highest of high cymbals. I do everything from listen to movies, music editing, to video gaming. They work great with everything I throw at them. I gave them a proper burn in as not to damage the speakers before they loosened up when I purchased them new. After a few months, I decided to upgrade the pads to a more comfy and plush material then the stock pleather pads. They now have Velour pads from a Beyerdynamic headphone. More stylish, about 1000% more comfy and actually ads soundstaging and depth to the audio. I also added a thin layer of polyfill between the pads and the 50mm speaker to enhance the staging and tonality further. These things blow any normal average brand of headphone out of the water (Yes, that includes BEATS :P ) And they have a removable and upgrade-able cable as well. Perfect for traveling or storage. I've heard my fair share of expensive headphones and these rank very high as one of my favorites. Just don't use them much anymore and figured it's on to my next modification project. The headphones cost me $140, and the pads cost $50 and that's all before shipping. Considering these are one of a kind, and I spent lots of hours modding and fine tuning these I feel like 150 is a steal. I sleep odd hours, so your best bet to contact me is email or txt. I will get back to you ASAP :)
 

post #10010 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisCHORDDubstep View Post

Hey guys, i found a pair of q40's that were heavily modded for 140$. good deal? heres his info on them.

These are M-Audio's studiophones made for neutrality and based around mixing music. They give you the full range of sound, all the way from low end bass to the highest of high cymbals. I do everything from listen to movies, music editing, to video gaming. They work great with everything I throw at them. I gave them a proper burn in as not to damage the speakers before they loosened up when I purchased them new. After a few months, I decided to upgrade the pads to a more comfy and plush material then the stock pleather pads. They now have Velour pads from a Beyerdynamic headphone. More stylish, about 1000% more comfy and actually ads soundstaging and depth to the audio. I also added a thin layer of polyfill between the pads and the 50mm speaker to enhance the staging and tonality further. These things blow any normal average brand of headphone out of the water (Yes, that includes BEATS :P ) And they have a removable and upgrade-able cable as well. Perfect for traveling or storage. I've heard my fair share of expensive headphones and these rank very high as one of my favorites. Just don't use them much anymore and figured it's on to my next modification project. The headphones cost me $140, and the pads cost $50 and that's all before shipping. Considering these are one of a kind, and I spent lots of hours modding and fine tuning these I feel like 150 is a steal. I sleep odd hours, so your best bet to contact me is email or txt. I will get back to you ASAP smily_headphones1.gif

 

Someone may buy those before u ^.^
post #10011 of 11259

As a fanboy it's easy to see others...our words betray us. Taking a shot at Beats(:rolleyes:).... and customizing to where HE thinks they sounds great is good for HIM. He DID'NT do anything about the weakest part and that's the chord. (We just saw Casper's 770 mod.)

 

Velour pads have been roundly claimed to enhance the spectrum but NOT increase bass and often it lowers the impact. The Q40 may have less thump than they did with stock pads. I think they must.

 

He bought them a while back, modded them to his tastes did nothing about the worst part of the cans which is the chord NOT the pads. He wants more than what he paid for them because they have beyer pads?

 

I might have the nutz to ask for a bit under original ...I also paid about 140 for q40's ...if they had Alpha pads...maybe? 

 

 

Let somebody else buy somebody else's former favorite pair of cans. Save your money and buy new.


Edited by Hawaiibadboy - 3/15/14 at 8:24pm
post #10012 of 11259

What about 60$ for a month old pair of X10's?

post #10013 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisCHORDDubstep View Post
 

What about 60$ for a month old pair of X10's?

offer the dude 100 to take his used, burned in no longer needed q40 (if he still has the stock pads) 

post #10014 of 11259

He said i can trade for the q40's

post #10015 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisCHORDDubstep View Post
 

He said i can trade for the q40's

skip that 140 is not like you are getting a deal. what is the extra 50 dollars for?:blink:

 

I am in the US I got the q40 and beyer pads for 120 TOTAL at my door no shipping put some felt in there yourself if you want to its super easy.

 

for 20 dollars more than 140 you can buy you some alpha pads and yours will sound even better than that. Then when you let them go you can use the alpha pads on anything. 

 

peep it on ebay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/M-Audio-Studiophile-Q40-Closed-back-Dynamic-Headphones-/181349723960?pt=US_Headphones&hash=item2a39492f38

 

I sold mine on here MINT note even used 20 hours with alpha pads and beyer pads for 125 shipped!!! Now thats worth it!!!

 

alpha pads cost 60 bucks. 

 

- get some used ones for 80 bucks

- buy some alpha pads for 60

- get another chord for 10

 

150 yours will beat his and his doesnt come with a cord.


Edited by grizzlybeast - 3/15/14 at 9:00pm
post #10016 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzlybeast View Post
 

skip that 140 is not like you are getting a deal. what is the extra 50 dollars for?:blink:

 

I am in the US I got the q40 and beyer pads for 120 TOTAL at my door no shipping put some felt in there yourself if you want to its super easy.

 

for 10 dollars more than 140 you can buy you some alpha pads and yours will sound even better than that. Then when you let them go you can use the alpha pads on anything. 

 

peep it on ebay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/M-Audio-Studiophile-Q40-Closed-back-Dynamic-Headphones-/181349723960?pt=US_Headphones&hash=item2a39492f38

 

I sold mine on here MINT note even used 20 hours with alpha pads and beyer pads for 125 shipped!!! Now thats worth it!!!

 

alpha pads cost 60 bucks. 

 

 

O.K. @DisCHORDDubstep ...now this more like it.

Grizzly is no ones water boy and he's a pro. 

I would do THIS.

 

w alpha pads for 125 to your door..(somebody got a deal..)I would do that now...woulda been better than buying the ones I had:D 


Edited by Hawaiibadboy - 3/15/14 at 9:03pm
post #10017 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by sloomingbla View Post

Hmm. I wonder if lower end headphones are effected more by amps than high end. I thought my hfi 580s sounded insanely better with the e11 but i actually prefer my signature djs without the amp. It improves the bass and soundstage but makes the imaging terrible. So strange to me

I'd say no. I know this is only anecdotal evidence, but none of my headphones (105dB/1mW and 102dB/1mW) sound significantly better with my FiiO E11.


Edited by deciBel23 - 3/15/14 at 9:05pm
post #10018 of 11259

The guy wont move his price, so i think ill go with the Sony mdr X10's for 60$

post #10019 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisCHORDDubstep View Post
 

The guy wont move his price, so i think ill go with the Sony mdr X10's for 60$

 

Yeah, You should move on. Grizzly was right 150? used...cuz it's got beyer pads? nah.... walk away

post #10020 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiibadboy View Post
 

 

Yeah, You should move on. Grizzly was right 150? used...cuz it's got beyer pads? nah.... walk away

So a guy's selling lightly modded Q40s for $150?

 

Yup I agree, it's a rip off. $60 X10s gogogo.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
This thread is locked