- 51 Posts. Joined 8/2011
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- IEMs for deployment to Afghanistan? Last post on 7/25/12 at 12:06am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The Best IEM For Performance and Price Last post on 3/16/12 at 6:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- New IEM Last post on 9/27/12 at 8:43am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Have £200 budget to get myself 2 pairs of headphones/earphones please help Last post on 9/26/12 at 12:56am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for portable headphones/ earphones/IEM for trip hop/electro music (150$ budget) Last post on 12/8/13 at 5:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
About Me: I'm just your average guy making his way through college with a passing interest in audio fidelity. I'm NOT an audiophile, but I've got a little experience ranging from lower-end...
Preamble: Pai Audio (http://www.paiaudio.com/indexEn.asp) is a relatively new audio company and based in Shenzhen, China. Established in 2014, they have specialised in manufacturing...
At the time this review was written, the Echobox Finder X1 was listed for sale on their website. Here is a link to their listing of the...
At the time this review was written, the Alpha & Delta was listed for sale on Lendmeurears website. Here is a link to their listing of the...
It’s not often I have the absolute pleasure of listening to headphones such as the MA750i. It’s been more than a year since I’ve gotten my Macaw GT100s, and several months since I’ve lost...
Best in ear's for $150?post #1 of 269/28/11 at 4:47pmThread Starter]I currently have a set of vmoda vibes (First gen) And the cord is starting to wear out and the covering has worn away in one spot. I love how they sound though. So i am looking for a new set of buds. Then need to be VERY sturdy (Maybe i should go for a set of full size headphones like the m-50's instead?) As i do NOT treat my tech well. I listen to classical/piano and dubtep mostly. I cant stand screamo and rap. What should i get?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 269/28/11 at 5:06pm
The Sony EX600 are very good sounding IEMs with detachable cable and can compete with other very highend universal IEMs. UE TF10Pro, HF5, HS Crystal, DBA-02, HJE900 are also recommended.post #3 of 269/28/11 at 5:21pmThread Starterpost #4 of 269/28/11 at 6:14pm
Depends on how high up the ladder you go. I like my TF10 more than my M50 but with my DT880 it gets much closer.post #5 of 269/29/11 at 6:09amThread Starterpost #6 of 269/29/11 at 9:57ampost #7 of 269/29/11 at 10:07ampost #8 of 269/29/11 at 10:35am
Id either get the Monster Turbines which you can get for 68.80 Brand new and some Monster Supertips to go with it or id get some audeo phonak pfe 112s which you can get at a 20% off discount at http://www.earphonesolutions.com/ with code: AMPD. They also have Shure SE215's for 79.99 with that code. look around the site.
Ps.... Look into Xears too
But this is just me.post #9 of 269/29/11 at 10:36ampost #10 of 269/29/11 at 10:38am
SORRY for the double post, cant find the friggin edit button.
The Turbines are GREAT for dubstep, i listen to mostly deathmetal, but i do own mt. eden's album just for the purpose of testing IEMs
EDIT: Found the edit button
EDIT 2: IF you decide to buy them PM me ill hook you up with a brand new pair for 68 bucks, free shipping for us+apo.
Edited by Evilcalyptic - 9/29/11 at 10:48ampost #11 of 269/29/11 at 10:40am
I'll second (or third) the recommendation for the hje900's. Theyre great phones and have almost full resale value if you decide they don't suit you. I spent months searching for another pair and right after I snagged one 2 more came up...post #12 of 269/29/11 at 12:16pm
I'll also go ahead and recommend the HJE900s. Had em for about a year and 3 months. Great thing is the recabling with Sleek cables... Using RE0 biflange tips with the Sleek SA6 cables = amazing fit and isolation. (also they are built like tanks) Oh did I mention they sound amazing too?post #13 of 269/29/11 at 12:21pmThread Starterpost #14 of 269/29/11 at 1:59pmpost #15 of 269/29/11 at 2:23pm
If you are sensitive to sibilance, and don't want to mod at all, stay clear of the HJE900. Without the foam mod, they would constantly give me a headache due to the extreme sibilance they seem to have.
I would recommend the EX600.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best in ear's for $150?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 18 seconds ago
- › MagnumV6 32 seconds ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 44 seconds ago
- › Chapter 5 - Getting It Wrong 2 minutes ago
- › MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 - $199 Dynamic Driver Flagship *Reviews 2nd... 4 minutes ago
- › AUDIO over IP - REDNET 3 & 16 Review. AES67 Sets A New Standard... 6 minutes ago
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 6 minutes ago
- › DDC - Digital USB interfaces - Xmos or Amanero Combo384 based -... 7 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 8 minutes ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk & Monk Plus: a $5 earbud that taking... 9 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 558 by Midgetguy
- › Pai Audio MR4 by HiFiChris
- › Echobox Audio Finder X1 by Hisoundfi
- › Alpha & Delta D2 by Hisoundfi
- › RHA MA750i by Cinder
- › RM-S1 Wired Sport Headset Stereo Headphone Earphone For iPhone 6... by Redcarmoose
- › Westone Um Pro 50 Clear Earbuds by ryanjsoo
- › Oriolus In-Ear Monitors (v2) by Aerosphere
- › SoundMAGIC HP100 Premium Over-the-Ear Folding Headphone by harry501501
- › Audio-Opus Opus#1 by musicday
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...