- 51 Posts. Joined 8/2011
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- IEMs for deployment to Afghanistan? Last post on 7/25/12 at 12:06am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The Best IEM For Performance and Price Last post on 3/16/12 at 6:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- New IEM Last post on 9/27/12 at 8:43am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Have £200 budget to get myself 2 pairs of headphones/earphones please help Last post on 9/26/12 at 12:56am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for portable headphones/ earphones/IEM for trip hop/electro music (150$ budget) Last post on 12/8/13 at 5:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Introduction: The newest member of Noble Audio’s line of IEMs, the Savant, has taken Head-Fi by storm and has caught the attention of many eager Head-Fier – myself included. Noble’s reputation for...
These headphones will let you know if your source is good or not. I won't repeat much of the pros and cons of this headphone that hasn't already been said. These are really comfortable for...
Out-of-box experience.....Accessories and packaging Receiving and unboxing the RHA T20 gives the impression that this product is not just "some" product. Everything signals quality and thought....
Firstly, like to thank Billy from Busisoft for organising the Westone UM PRO 10 for this review. Westone needs no introduction, they are one of the industry leaders for professional monitors...
Best in ear's for $150?post #1 of 269/28/11 at 4:47pmThread Starter]I currently have a set of vmoda vibes (First gen) And the cord is starting to wear out and the covering has worn away in one spot. I love how they sound though. So i am looking for a new set of buds. Then need to be VERY sturdy (Maybe i should go for a set of full size headphones like the m-50's instead?) As i do NOT treat my tech well. I listen to classical/piano and dubtep mostly. I cant stand screamo and rap. What should i get?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 269/28/11 at 5:06pm
The Sony EX600 are very good sounding IEMs with detachable cable and can compete with other very highend universal IEMs. UE TF10Pro, HF5, HS Crystal, DBA-02, HJE900 are also recommended.post #3 of 269/28/11 at 5:21pmThread Starterpost #4 of 269/28/11 at 6:14pm
Depends on how high up the ladder you go. I like my TF10 more than my M50 but with my DT880 it gets much closer.post #5 of 269/29/11 at 6:09amThread Starterpost #6 of 269/29/11 at 9:57ampost #7 of 269/29/11 at 10:07ampost #8 of 269/29/11 at 10:35am
Id either get the Monster Turbines which you can get for 68.80 Brand new and some Monster Supertips to go with it or id get some audeo phonak pfe 112s which you can get at a 20% off discount at http://www.earphonesolutions.com/ with code: AMPD. They also have Shure SE215's for 79.99 with that code. look around the site.
Ps.... Look into Xears too
But this is just me.post #9 of 269/29/11 at 10:36ampost #10 of 269/29/11 at 10:38am
SORRY for the double post, cant find the friggin edit button.
The Turbines are GREAT for dubstep, i listen to mostly deathmetal, but i do own mt. eden's album just for the purpose of testing IEMs
EDIT: Found the edit button
EDIT 2: IF you decide to buy them PM me ill hook you up with a brand new pair for 68 bucks, free shipping for us+apo.
Edited by Evilcalyptic - 9/29/11 at 10:48ampost #11 of 269/29/11 at 10:40am
I'll second (or third) the recommendation for the hje900's. Theyre great phones and have almost full resale value if you decide they don't suit you. I spent months searching for another pair and right after I snagged one 2 more came up...post #12 of 269/29/11 at 12:16pm
I'll also go ahead and recommend the HJE900s. Had em for about a year and 3 months. Great thing is the recabling with Sleek cables... Using RE0 biflange tips with the Sleek SA6 cables = amazing fit and isolation. (also they are built like tanks) Oh did I mention they sound amazing too?post #13 of 269/29/11 at 12:21pmThread Starterpost #14 of 269/29/11 at 1:59pmpost #15 of 269/29/11 at 2:23pm
If you are sensitive to sibilance, and don't want to mod at all, stay clear of the HJE900. Without the foam mod, they would constantly give me a headache due to the extreme sibilance they seem to have.
I would recommend the EX600.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best in ear's for $150?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Formula 1-fi (Read the First Post!) 30 seconds ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 53 seconds ago
- › Who has an end game setup? 1 minute ago
- › Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › The Audio Technica W3000ANV Thread 1 minute ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion + Tour Application... 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › Chicago Head-Fi Meet - August 8th 12:00 to 7:00 pm at Tweak Studio 3 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 4 minutes ago
- › Continental Dual Mono Tube Rolling Tread !! 4 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio Savant by Cotnijoe
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by snellemin
- › Don Scorpio sMushroom HD Bluetooth iem by Baycode
- › RHA T20 by rasmushorn
- › Westone UM Pro10 High Performance Single Driver Noise-Isolating... by pformagg
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by suman134
- › Noontec Hammo S Over Ear Headphone Audiophile Sound Stylish Looking... by Lunatique
- › OPPO PM-3 by RazrLeaf
- › Xtreme Xplosives In Ear by Omar717
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by morethansense
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)