- 51 Posts. Joined 8/2011
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- IEMs for deployment to Afghanistan? Last post on 7/25/12 at 12:06am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The Best IEM For Performance and Price Last post on 3/16/12 at 6:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- New IEM Last post on 9/27/12 at 8:43am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Have £200 budget to get myself 2 pairs of headphones/earphones please help Last post on 9/26/12 at 12:56am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for portable headphones/ earphones/IEM for trip hop/electro music (150$ budget) Last post on 12/8/13 at 5:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
This review is going to be updated once I receive a balanced cable and use this amp in balanced operation. I figured this amp needed a proper review on here, and there is a lot of good stuff to say...
Read a ton of reviews before purchasing. However, I will be honest and say that I was a bit let down by the bass. Don't get me wrong, its very detailed and balanced and perhaps there lies my issue,...
Schiit Ragnarok: Is It Love, or Is It Just Schiit? Introduction: This part is just to give you some background on my experience and how I’ve arrived at the Schiit Ragnarok before...
my repost from: http://www.head-fi.org/t/623894/review-logitech-ue9000-ultimate-ears-headphones-released-the-ue4000-ue6000-and-the-ue9000-impressions-thread/930 Just my two cents, to me, I feel...
When MEE was describing their new iems to me this is what they said: "... these earphones heavily emphasize comfort and appearance, they have nicely balanced sound that is less bassy compared to...
Best in ear's for $150?post #1 of 269/28/11 at 4:47pmThread Starter]I currently have a set of vmoda vibes (First gen) And the cord is starting to wear out and the covering has worn away in one spot. I love how they sound though. So i am looking for a new set of buds. Then need to be VERY sturdy (Maybe i should go for a set of full size headphones like the m-50's instead?) As i do NOT treat my tech well. I listen to classical/piano and dubtep mostly. I cant stand screamo and rap. What should i get?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 269/28/11 at 5:06pm
The Sony EX600 are very good sounding IEMs with detachable cable and can compete with other very highend universal IEMs. UE TF10Pro, HF5, HS Crystal, DBA-02, HJE900 are also recommended.post #3 of 269/28/11 at 5:21pmThread Starterpost #4 of 269/28/11 at 6:14pm
Depends on how high up the ladder you go. I like my TF10 more than my M50 but with my DT880 it gets much closer.post #5 of 269/29/11 at 6:09amThread Starterpost #6 of 269/29/11 at 9:57ampost #7 of 269/29/11 at 10:07ampost #8 of 269/29/11 at 10:35am
Id either get the Monster Turbines which you can get for 68.80 Brand new and some Monster Supertips to go with it or id get some audeo phonak pfe 112s which you can get at a 20% off discount at http://www.earphonesolutions.com/ with code: AMPD. They also have Shure SE215's for 79.99 with that code. look around the site.
Ps.... Look into Xears too
But this is just me.post #9 of 269/29/11 at 10:36ampost #10 of 269/29/11 at 10:38am
SORRY for the double post, cant find the friggin edit button.
The Turbines are GREAT for dubstep, i listen to mostly deathmetal, but i do own mt. eden's album just for the purpose of testing IEMs
EDIT: Found the edit button
EDIT 2: IF you decide to buy them PM me ill hook you up with a brand new pair for 68 bucks, free shipping for us+apo.
Edited by Evilcalyptic - 9/29/11 at 10:48ampost #11 of 269/29/11 at 10:40am
I'll second (or third) the recommendation for the hje900's. Theyre great phones and have almost full resale value if you decide they don't suit you. I spent months searching for another pair and right after I snagged one 2 more came up...post #12 of 269/29/11 at 12:16pm
I'll also go ahead and recommend the HJE900s. Had em for about a year and 3 months. Great thing is the recabling with Sleek cables... Using RE0 biflange tips with the Sleek SA6 cables = amazing fit and isolation. (also they are built like tanks) Oh did I mention they sound amazing too?post #13 of 269/29/11 at 12:21pmThread Starterpost #14 of 269/29/11 at 1:59pmpost #15 of 269/29/11 at 2:23pm
If you are sensitive to sibilance, and don't want to mod at all, stay clear of the HJE900. Without the foam mod, they would constantly give me a headache due to the extreme sibilance they seem to have.
I would recommend the EX600.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best in ear's for $150?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 10 seconds ago
- › Pictures of Your *Budget-Fi* Portable Rig (< $200) 21 seconds ago
- › The NEW Cayin C5 portable power house. 25 seconds ago
- › You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2! 58 seconds ago
- › $100 IEMs For Rock/Metal 1 minute ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 2 minutes ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 2 minutes ago
- › Kogan 8GB MP4 - The Player That Came From Nowhere: 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO X7, what is your dream DAP? 3 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 3 minutes ago
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Crystal by MEElectronics In-Ear Headphones with Microphone Made... by indieman
- › Fidue A31s by djvkool
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic by donniefalcone
- › PCM-M10 Portable Digital Recorder by THD plus N
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by JoeDoe
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)