- 51 Posts. Joined 8/2011
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- IEMs for deployment to Afghanistan? Last post on 7/25/12 at 12:06am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The Best IEM For Performance and Price Last post on 3/16/12 at 6:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- New IEM Last post on 9/27/12 at 8:43am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Have £200 budget to get myself 2 pairs of headphones/earphones please help Last post on 9/26/12 at 12:56am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for portable headphones/ earphones/IEM for trip hop/electro music (150$ budget) Last post on 12/8/13 at 5:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Ok first I need to say that I'm not an audiophile, and I use this site mostly for help than giving advise whit that told I will continue I've owned this headset for more than a year and they...
I brought these on sale at Best Buy for $44, the price they are at right now are a absolute rip off. ($110) Logitech have discontinued these, I will take a guess in my review why that...
Synopsis: The Future Sonics MG5pro is a professional stage monitor for audiophiles. It offers a different tuning than its brother, the fully stage-oriented MG6pro, by offering a brighter, more...
i've read a number of reviews around the net which criticize the k812's for harsh treble and limited bass - all i can say is that my experience with these 'phones does NOT bear that out. the bass...
I like to mod…yes, I am one of those head-fiers. My specific area of interest is Grados, and wooden cups for them. I delight in sourcing cups, finding the drivers, and transforming a prosaic...
Best in ear's for $150?post #1 of 269/28/11 at 4:47pmThread Starter]I currently have a set of vmoda vibes (First gen) And the cord is starting to wear out and the covering has worn away in one spot. I love how they sound though. So i am looking for a new set of buds. Then need to be VERY sturdy (Maybe i should go for a set of full size headphones like the m-50's instead?) As i do NOT treat my tech well. I listen to classical/piano and dubtep mostly. I cant stand screamo and rap. What should i get?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 269/28/11 at 5:06pm
The Sony EX600 are very good sounding IEMs with detachable cable and can compete with other very highend universal IEMs. UE TF10Pro, HF5, HS Crystal, DBA-02, HJE900 are also recommended.post #3 of 269/28/11 at 5:21pmThread Starterpost #4 of 269/28/11 at 6:14pm
Depends on how high up the ladder you go. I like my TF10 more than my M50 but with my DT880 it gets much closer.post #5 of 269/29/11 at 6:09amThread Starterpost #6 of 269/29/11 at 9:57ampost #7 of 269/29/11 at 10:07ampost #8 of 269/29/11 at 10:35am
Id either get the Monster Turbines which you can get for 68.80 Brand new and some Monster Supertips to go with it or id get some audeo phonak pfe 112s which you can get at a 20% off discount at http://www.earphonesolutions.com/ with code: AMPD. They also have Shure SE215's for 79.99 with that code. look around the site.
Ps.... Look into Xears too
But this is just me.post #9 of 269/29/11 at 10:36ampost #10 of 269/29/11 at 10:38am
SORRY for the double post, cant find the friggin edit button.
The Turbines are GREAT for dubstep, i listen to mostly deathmetal, but i do own mt. eden's album just for the purpose of testing IEMs
EDIT: Found the edit button
EDIT 2: IF you decide to buy them PM me ill hook you up with a brand new pair for 68 bucks, free shipping for us+apo.
Edited by Evilcalyptic - 9/29/11 at 10:48ampost #11 of 269/29/11 at 10:40am
I'll second (or third) the recommendation for the hje900's. Theyre great phones and have almost full resale value if you decide they don't suit you. I spent months searching for another pair and right after I snagged one 2 more came up...post #12 of 269/29/11 at 12:16pm
I'll also go ahead and recommend the HJE900s. Had em for about a year and 3 months. Great thing is the recabling with Sleek cables... Using RE0 biflange tips with the Sleek SA6 cables = amazing fit and isolation. (also they are built like tanks) Oh did I mention they sound amazing too?post #13 of 269/29/11 at 12:21pmThread Starterpost #14 of 269/29/11 at 1:59pmpost #15 of 269/29/11 at 2:23pm
If you are sensitive to sibilance, and don't want to mod at all, stay clear of the HJE900. Without the foam mod, they would constantly give me a headache due to the extreme sibilance they seem to have.
I would recommend the EX600.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best in ear's for $150?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › MCINTOSH LABS INTRODUCES NEW HEADPHONE AMP MODEL MHA 100 1 minute ago
- › hd25-1 appreciation thread 2 minutes ago
- › KEF LS50 w/ Rotel RA-11 --- matching sub recommendations? 3 minutes ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › Backpack-Fi 4 minutes ago
- › Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-2 5 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-1R series MK2 6 minutes ago
- › iDSD micro Crowd-Designed. A Teeny-Weeny Update! (page 104) 6 minutes ago
- › Astro A40 Audio System - White by MaxiMarciano
- › Logitech Z553 2.1 Speakers by Nada190
- › Future Sonics mg5pro 10mm Ear Monitors by Kunlun
- › AKG K812 by jk47
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by fleasbaby
- › T-Peos Altone200 by ClieOS
- › SONY MDR-XB30EX-B Black | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese... by francopro
- › NarMoo R1M High-Fidelity Noise Isolation Headphones with Mic by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by ash47
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by shak85
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)