- 51 Posts. Joined 8/2011
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- IEMs for deployment to Afghanistan? Last post on 7/25/12 at 12:06am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The Best IEM For Performance and Price Last post on 3/16/12 at 6:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- New IEM Last post on 9/27/12 at 8:43am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Have £200 budget to get myself 2 pairs of headphones/earphones please help Last post on 9/26/12 at 12:56am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for portable headphones/ earphones/IEM for trip hop/electro music (150$ budget) Last post on 12/8/13 at 5:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I have used the Sony MDR-7506s as long as I can remember. I do Front-of-House (FOH) mixing for bands, and these phones have been by my side for many years. Some people hate the cable, i like...
My my, how time flies. It’s been over a year - and similarly over 136K views - since I wrote my original review for the Beryllium Xiaomi Pistons 2.0, or Xiaomi MK301. During the past year, I’ve...
Level: Amateur Mostly Experience: First Personal Pair We can all agree it's been reviewed too much? Good. My turn please... I'm aware of the reputation these carry, how audio should sound...
I wrote this on Amazon, thought I'd share it with you all. Please, ask questions. Audio Technica has crafted a pair of headphones that might make you second guess your pair of MX50s, or any...
I realize it is a bit of apples vs oranges, but I will compare these to the Sennheiser HD 600 sound, since I sometimes use those to mix recordings with, and many know their sound. Assuming good...
Best in ear's for $150?post #1 of 269/28/11 at 4:47pmThread Starter]I currently have a set of vmoda vibes (First gen) And the cord is starting to wear out and the covering has worn away in one spot. I love how they sound though. So i am looking for a new set of buds. Then need to be VERY sturdy (Maybe i should go for a set of full size headphones like the m-50's instead?) As i do NOT treat my tech well. I listen to classical/piano and dubtep mostly. I cant stand screamo and rap. What should i get?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 269/28/11 at 5:06pm
The Sony EX600 are very good sounding IEMs with detachable cable and can compete with other very highend universal IEMs. UE TF10Pro, HF5, HS Crystal, DBA-02, HJE900 are also recommended.post #3 of 269/28/11 at 5:21pmThread Starterpost #4 of 269/28/11 at 6:14pm
Depends on how high up the ladder you go. I like my TF10 more than my M50 but with my DT880 it gets much closer.post #5 of 269/29/11 at 6:09amThread Starterpost #6 of 269/29/11 at 9:57ampost #7 of 269/29/11 at 10:07ampost #8 of 269/29/11 at 10:35am
Id either get the Monster Turbines which you can get for 68.80 Brand new and some Monster Supertips to go with it or id get some audeo phonak pfe 112s which you can get at a 20% off discount at http://www.earphonesolutions.com/ with code: AMPD. They also have Shure SE215's for 79.99 with that code. look around the site.
Ps.... Look into Xears too
But this is just me.post #9 of 269/29/11 at 10:36ampost #10 of 269/29/11 at 10:38am
SORRY for the double post, cant find the friggin edit button.
The Turbines are GREAT for dubstep, i listen to mostly deathmetal, but i do own mt. eden's album just for the purpose of testing IEMs
EDIT: Found the edit button
EDIT 2: IF you decide to buy them PM me ill hook you up with a brand new pair for 68 bucks, free shipping for us+apo.
Edited by Evilcalyptic - 9/29/11 at 10:48ampost #11 of 269/29/11 at 10:40am
I'll second (or third) the recommendation for the hje900's. Theyre great phones and have almost full resale value if you decide they don't suit you. I spent months searching for another pair and right after I snagged one 2 more came up...post #12 of 269/29/11 at 12:16pm
I'll also go ahead and recommend the HJE900s. Had em for about a year and 3 months. Great thing is the recabling with Sleek cables... Using RE0 biflange tips with the Sleek SA6 cables = amazing fit and isolation. (also they are built like tanks) Oh did I mention they sound amazing too?post #13 of 269/29/11 at 12:21pmThread Starterpost #14 of 269/29/11 at 1:59pmpost #15 of 269/29/11 at 2:23pm
If you are sensitive to sibilance, and don't want to mod at all, stay clear of the HJE900. Without the foam mod, they would constantly give me a headache due to the extreme sibilance they seem to have.
I would recommend the EX600.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best in ear's for $150?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 17 seconds ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 39 seconds ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (2/17/2015: X2 -partial-,... 51 seconds ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 2 minutes ago
- › BNIB - Sennheiser IE 60 2 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 3 minutes ago
- › New Set Of Headphones To Pair With Lyr? 4 minutes ago
- › The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Headphone Static 4 minutes ago
- › DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . . . . dap FW... 4 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR7506 Professional Large Diaphragm Headphone by prez
- › 1 More Design Piston Crystal by Rashmosh
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by ahnvx
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 by LonghornTech
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by Zobel
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1+ Bluethooth Wireless Headphones by Deckardk
- › JVC KENWOOD In-Ear Headphones HA-FX750 by Whitigir
- › Schiit Lyr 2 by bpandbass
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by cleg
- › OSTRY KC06A Hi-Fi In-Ear High Performance Earphones Headphones by xsuper
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2