So just having paid for a pair of used lcd-2's from a friend I need a dac/amp to go along with them....I want something I can easily move since these cans will be traveling to work/home a lot....after looking around I thought a good rig would be an ibasso d12 dac out to the sr-71b for the amping (I have considered ibasso's pb2/db2 already)....maybe you guys have some other good atlernatives
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 10/5/11
- categoryCablestagged by System, 10/5/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 10/5/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 10/5/11
- productRay Samuels Audio Emmeline SR-71B Balanced Amptagged by System, 10/5/11
- productTTVJ Portable (Slim)tagged by System, 10/5/11
Related Forum Threads
- Amp for LCD-2? Last post on 4/9/12 at 7:52pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Anything else I should look at in the $650 price range? Looking at the DT880 modded from Moon Audio. Last post on 9/28/11 at 11:48am in Headphones (full-size)
- LCD-2 Equalization -stalking the wild neutrality Last post on 12/2/11 at 2:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- LCD-2 Rev.2 cables Last post on 9/4/11 at 9:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Who else has known bad luck with their headphones? Last post on 8/19/11 at 3:22pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/11/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)Last edited: 11/29/16
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
These headphones are much recommended online as a relatively cheap introduction into the world of high fidelity. They are functional and do not excessively grab attention visually. They are...
A very good DAC and headphone AMP for the price. A clear improvement in sound quality from my laptop for headphones, even ones that already sounded good, this gives a much cleaner,clearer and more...
This is my first really good quality Digital Audio Player. I have used a range of Audiophile headphones on it. If you're used to digital Sony Walkmans of days gone by you will recognize the simple,...
My favorite pair of headphones, and considering I own the Sennheiser HD598s, that is saying something. They look fantastic, very stylish indeed, they are extremely comfortable, infact the ear pads...
These are okay headphones if you can get them for a cheap price (sub £90 ) but probably aren't worth any more than that. Their build quality is solid, despite all the plastic used, and they can be...
Looking to build a semi-portable rig around my lcd-2's
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 29/28/11 at 6:45pm
I fear that you are in a genuinely terrible position, and the easiest way out might be to keep the LCD2 for home use. canadian411 posted this recently in the long-running 'Leaving Portable Hi-Fi - its too silly', and its a bucket of cold water over many folk's 'dream rig', IMO:I kind of agree with OP, when I first purchased portable amp (SR71b) I was not impressed at all, and still not impressed. The sound improvement by investing $650 on SR71b, $200 on ALO LOD cable, $350 on balanced ALO cable not worth it at all. I don't live in US so shipping, duties + taxes just on upgrading the accessories is a price of an UltraEdition 8. (Yes I was sillier than silly ;)) Should have invested in another headphone instead of going with portable hifi. You are better off investing on non portable gadgets such as tube amps, dac, nice source etc. To get the most out of your portable rig, you need to listen in the quiet environment, that doesn't really work out in my case.canadian411 lists the LCD2 in his sig, and I assume he uses it with the SR71B. Its interesting because his comments go against reviews from folk like Skylab, who considered the LCD2+SR71B in balanced mode to be the pinnacle of his portable amp journey - and thats from someone who reviewed over a hundred portable amps ...If I can further mine other people's impressions, Mike at Headfonia has some particularly interesting things to say about balanced portables:
- Looking to build a semi-portable rig around my lcd-2's
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)
- › NEW! SONY NW-A30 SERIES 1 minute ago
- › Hidizs AP60 2 minutes ago
- › Denon AH-D2000 5 minutes ago
- › Tennmak 5 minutes ago
- › Philadelphia Area Meet, January 29, 2017 - NO Football that weekend! 6 minutes ago
- › Hifiman Edition X 7 minutes ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 7 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones) 9 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing... 9 minutes ago
- › How will a pair of Sennheiser HD800 driven by Cambridge CXA60 sound? 10 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by theminstrel
- › FiiO E17 by theminstrel
- › Sony NWZ-A15 Walkman Video MP3 Player (16GB) - Black by theminstrel
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 by theminstrel
- › Shure SRH750 DJ Headphones (Black) by theminstrel
- › Sennheiser HD 449 Headphones by theminstrel
- › RHA Dacamp L1 by FortisFlyer75
- › AXGIO Dash Wireless Earbuds Cordless Running Jogging Bluetooth... by pkshiu
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by heliosphann
- › Beyerdynamic T5p Second Generation Audiophile Headphones by crabdog
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear