So just having paid for a pair of used lcd-2's from a friend I need a dac/amp to go along with them....I want something I can easily move since these cans will be traveling to work/home a lot....after looking around I thought a good rig would be an ibasso d12 dac out to the sr-71b for the amping (I have considered ibasso's pb2/db2 already)....maybe you guys have some other good atlernatives
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 10/5/11
- categoryCablestagged by System, 10/5/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 10/5/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 10/5/11
- productRay Samuels Audio Emmeline SR-71B Balanced Amptagged by System, 10/5/11
- productTTVJ Portable (Slim)tagged by System, 10/5/11
Related Forum Threads
- Amp for LCD-2? Last post on 4/9/12 at 7:52pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Anything else I should look at in the $650 price range? Looking at the DT880 modded from Moon Audio. Last post on 9/28/11 at 11:48am in Headphones (full-size)
- LCD-2 Equalization -stalking the wild neutrality Last post on 12/2/11 at 2:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- LCD-2 Rev.2 cables Last post on 9/4/11 at 9:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Who else has known bad luck with their headphones? Last post on 8/19/11 at 3:22pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 7/14/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 6/26/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: Today
- DIY Cable Info and ResourcesLast edited: 7/6/15
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
Eddie Current's Zana Deux reviewed... Pre-amble - the Zana Deux original vs the new Zana Deux Super... - There are two versions of this tube amplifier. Both are output transformerless (OTL)...
This review will cover the X5ii, comparing it to the Pono player and the original X5. I have a Pono in my possession now. I unfortunately sold my original X5 prior to receiving the review sample,...
Alright, so I am not an audiophile by any means, my entire experience of headphelia is just using cheap IEMs but after trying some expensive beats, I knew I needed something more. And if your like...
This is a review of Audeze EL-8C closed back planar magnetic full size headphones: https://www.audeze.com/products/el-8-collection/el-8-closed-back, with a bonus review of Audeze Deckard desktop...
Preface: Nothing too technical here; just wanted to give my impression as someone that had to "downgrade" from the HE-400's recently and has tried dozens of full-sized cans. I have had these things...
Looking to build a semi-portable rig around my lcd-2's
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 29/28/11 at 6:45pm
I fear that you are in a genuinely terrible position, and the easiest way out might be to keep the LCD2 for home use. canadian411 posted this recently in the long-running 'Leaving Portable Hi-Fi - its too silly', and its a bucket of cold water over many folk's 'dream rig', IMO:I kind of agree with OP, when I first purchased portable amp (SR71b) I was not impressed at all, and still not impressed. The sound improvement by investing $650 on SR71b, $200 on ALO LOD cable, $350 on balanced ALO cable not worth it at all. I don't live in US so shipping, duties + taxes just on upgrading the accessories is a price of an UltraEdition 8. (Yes I was sillier than silly ;)) Should have invested in another headphone instead of going with portable hifi. You are better off investing on non portable gadgets such as tube amps, dac, nice source etc. To get the most out of your portable rig, you need to listen in the quiet environment, that doesn't really work out in my case.canadian411 lists the LCD2 in his sig, and I assume he uses it with the SR71B. Its interesting because his comments go against reviews from folk like Skylab, who considered the LCD2+SR71B in balanced mode to be the pinnacle of his portable amp journey - and thats from someone who reviewed over a hundred portable amps ...If I can further mine other people's impressions, Mike at Headfonia has some particularly interesting things to say about balanced portables:
- Looking to build a semi-portable rig around my lcd-2's
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
- › Music Game IX just now
- › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread 24 seconds ago
- › Would that extension cable impact the queality of my headphones? 30 seconds ago
- › The Grado RS-2 appreciation thread! 2 minutes ago
- › Another New Guy 2 minutes ago
- › VE - A New and Impressive Earbuds Brand 2 minutes ago
- › Faint hiss coming from Philips Fidelio X2 both plugged and unplugged. 3 minutes ago
- › Tuneshell - How to send files to phone via USB? 3 minutes ago
- › Vinyl vs Redbook in 2015 3 minutes ago
- › Compliment to LCD2.2 Bamboo - Recording studio Not expensive... 4 minutes ago
- › Eddie Current Zana Deux SE by mikoss
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by fleasbaby
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by LandonO
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by twister6
- › Yamaha HPH-MT220BL by RushNerd
- › Klipsch Image X10 Noise-Isolating Earphone by achelgeson
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by krishtrinity1
- › Philips SHE3590BK/10 In-Ear Headphones (Black) by nauhid
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by RedJohn456
- › Alpha & Delta AD01 by nmatheis
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3