So just having paid for a pair of used lcd-2's from a friend I need a dac/amp to go along with them....I want something I can easily move since these cans will be traveling to work/home a lot....after looking around I thought a good rig would be an ibasso d12 dac out to the sr-71b for the amping (I have considered ibasso's pb2/db2 already)....maybe you guys have some other good atlernatives
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 10/5/11
- categoryCablestagged by System, 10/5/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 10/5/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 10/5/11
- productRay Samuels Audio Emmeline SR-71B Balanced Amptagged by System, 10/5/11
- productTTVJ Portable (Slim)tagged by System, 10/5/11
Related Forum Threads
- Amp for LCD-2? Last post on 4/9/12 at 7:52pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Anything else I should look at in the $650 price range? Looking at the DT880 modded from Moon Audio. Last post on 9/28/11 at 11:48am in Headphones (full-size)
- LCD-2 Equalization -stalking the wild neutrality Last post on 12/2/11 at 2:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- LCD-2 Rev.2 cables Last post on 9/4/11 at 9:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Who else has known bad luck with their headphones? Last post on 8/19/11 at 3:22pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 12/22/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
The ONKYO A800 is a very impressive headphone indeed, and I believe it has the potential to really earn a following among headphone enthusiasts. To be sure, we are in an unprecedented...
Last year I was so excited buying the Walkman Zx2 and Z7 from Sony, and I was gradually enjoying the better of real quality audio when I am stepping back into the portable world. I feel that now...
First off, thanks to Pandora from Brainwavz for reaching out and offering the opportunity to look at the "Jive". Secondly, I noticed a trend that I'm giving 4 stars to everything I've reviewed...
Background It’s safe to say that Massdrop has played a decent role in both introducing new products to the headphone community while highlighting others through their group-purchase...
Introduction – The original d900 from Syllable made quite a splash when it first arrived on the market. It was one of the very first fully wireless earphones ever produced. Furthermore, it was...
Looking to build a semi-portable rig around my lcd-2's
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 29/28/11 at 6:45pm
I fear that you are in a genuinely terrible position, and the easiest way out might be to keep the LCD2 for home use. canadian411 posted this recently in the long-running 'Leaving Portable Hi-Fi - its too silly', and its a bucket of cold water over many folk's 'dream rig', IMO:I kind of agree with OP, when I first purchased portable amp (SR71b) I was not impressed at all, and still not impressed. The sound improvement by investing $650 on SR71b, $200 on ALO LOD cable, $350 on balanced ALO cable not worth it at all. I don't live in US so shipping, duties + taxes just on upgrading the accessories is a price of an UltraEdition 8. (Yes I was sillier than silly ;)) Should have invested in another headphone instead of going with portable hifi. You are better off investing on non portable gadgets such as tube amps, dac, nice source etc. To get the most out of your portable rig, you need to listen in the quiet environment, that doesn't really work out in my case.canadian411 lists the LCD2 in his sig, and I assume he uses it with the SR71B. Its interesting because his comments go against reviews from folk like Skylab, who considered the LCD2+SR71B in balanced mode to be the pinnacle of his portable amp journey - and thats from someone who reviewed over a hundred portable amps ...If I can further mine other people's impressions, Mike at Headfonia has some particularly interesting things to say about balanced portables:
- Looking to build a semi-portable rig around my lcd-2's
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 3 minutes ago
- › Watts Up...? 3 minutes ago
- › New Dragonfly Black and Red Discussion 4 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW ... 4 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 8 minutes ago
- › JDS Labs C5/C5D (pg96) portable amp/amp+DAC 11 minutes ago
- › Custom Art Harmony 8.2 - Flagship ciem reload ! 11 minutes ago
- › Transform your Journey - Sennheiser PXC 550 Wireless headphones... 13 minutes ago
- › FS: Hifiman Edition S 14 minutes ago
- › B&O Beoplay H6 (2nd generation) by istirsin
- › ONKYO A800 50mm Open Back Headphone by Sonic Defender
- › Sony PHA-3 Headphone Amp by Whitigir
- › Brainwavz Jive by Feilong4
- › AKG K7XX by Aornic
- › SYLLABLE D900S Mini Wireless Bluetooth Earphone Waterproof... by ryanjsoo
- › FiiO E12A Mont Blanc Portable Headphone Amplifier for IEM Special... by Tayyab Pirzada
- › FiiO M3 - Digital Portable Music Player by Levistras
- › iBasso Audio D14 "Bushmaster" by Hisoundfi
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player by David Thomson
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...