I don't necessarily want to turn my gf into an audiophile, I just need her to understand that I NEED to swap out equipment when I feel the need
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 9/29/11
- productAlessandro MS1000tagged by System, 9/29/11
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 880 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 9/29/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/29/11
- productLittle Dot MK IIItagged by System, 9/29/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 9/29/11
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD600 or Beyer DT880 (600 Ohm) for Little Dot Mk. III Last post on 6/14/11 at 5:24pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Setup complete - time to tweak (xonar, LD - mk3, DT 880s) Last post on 7/16/11 at 10:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyer DT880 (600 ohm) and Vinyl Last post on 3/3/11 at 2:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
https://store.thinksound.com/ I would like to give a hearty thanks to Thinksound's Aaron Fournier for reaching out to me for this review. I was provided with a review sample of the ON2...
This is a review of the Burson Audio Cable+ RCA to RCA active cable. The Burson Audio Cable+ was sent to me by Burson Audio for me as a loaner unit to test it out, thanks to Burson Audio for...
Most people balk at spending more than $20 on a pair of headphones, given the disposable history of a typical portable consumer headphones for the past 35 years. Music lovers who do invest in a...
It’s Black Friday, and what’s more black than to buy a good pair of headphones for your favorite rocker or metalhead. Today the headphone audiophile community is buzzing about what may become a...
The evolution of headphones has been fascinating to watch over the years. Pretty much everyone aged 50 and younger has grown up using headphones, and have owned many, many pairs. Some may remember...
Doping your gf into an audiophile - Page 3post #31 of 7010/16/11 at 12:30pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 7010/16/11 at 4:24pm
My knowledge of headphones is limited as I'm much more into IEMs, but I've slowly been turning my GF into an audiophile. It took some time, but I can now use audiophile terms to describe sound to her and have her understand! She also supports me fully when I buy expensive after market cablespost #33 of 7010/16/11 at 4:45pm
I seriously blame my wife for all of this. She's not a headphone fan but by christ she made me one. She listens to music on her laptop or therough her Pioneer VSX-1120K with Energy CF 50 towers. She does have a pair of Senn 518's, but they're never around when she listens to Josh F'kin Groban. I offered to get her a nice stylish pair of wooden headphones to match the decor of the room but she turned them down. Oh well, what you gonna do?post #34 of 7010/16/11 at 5:22pmpost #35 of 7010/16/11 at 5:32pmQuote:
I'm with you....although she is much more understanding when she realizes she gets my old equipment as I replace it, lol. Like now for example, i'm planning on upgrading to some Yamaha monitors and she's already trying to figure out where my current speakers are going. This is how I am able to get away with it.post #36 of 7010/16/11 at 5:35pmpost #37 of 7010/16/11 at 6:45pm
She.. hates headphones.. but the HD800 reminds her of Star Wars Tie Fighters so she tried the HD800 on.. but only because she loves Star Wars.. and not because HD800s are a top top headphone...
Edited by wilzc - 10/16/11 at 6:46pmpost #38 of 7010/16/11 at 6:57pmpost #39 of 7010/17/11 at 5:10amThread Starterpost #40 of 7010/17/11 at 5:20am
Step 1: Replace girlfriend's iBud drivers with Yuin drivers
Step 2: Watch her expression as she realises her earphones sound "different"
Step 3: ???
Profit: your girlfriend is now an audiophile.post #41 of 7010/17/11 at 5:20amThread Starter
Well you can't get both ends of the world. My gf has such a small head and looks like a ET when with headphones on
She's right beside me when I'm typing this so I better not upload any pics haha
She was not impressed by the HD800?! Not even getting her interested in headphones?! The soundstaging from ibuds to those are, are *no words in the dictionary could describe such change* !!!
We went to the ath store today and we demo'd the W1000x, and AB'd with the AD900 since hers has not arrived yet. I liked how she tried the other ath line up e.g. m50 and pro mkII and commented 'none of those are comparable to what you have' XD So she must be able to tell the difference between a HD580 and a m50 hahapost #42 of 7010/17/11 at 5:56ampost #43 of 7010/17/11 at 8:07amThread Starter
but it is the HD800!
Well to be honest i never tried any of the iBuds... I used my chance to demo the HD800 during a meet and omg omg it became my definition of good soundstaging. Later on I found it a bit artificial but having said that I gave it ~20min of listening. It was still somethingpost #44 of 7010/17/11 at 8:30amQuote:
Sarcasm, or.... ? The iBuds didn't seem to have great soundstaging to my ears :Spost #45 of 7010/17/11 at 8:38am
- Doping your gf into an audiophile
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › fFlat5 aria one wireless earbuds 6 seconds ago
- › Trafomatic Head 2 1 minute ago
- › Cayin i5 Lossless Android DAP with AKM4490 DAC supporting 32/384... 1 minute ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › New Custom-to-Universal IEMs: InEar StageDiver 2/3 3 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 5 minutes ago
- › Grace Design x Massdrop m9XX DAC/Amp Review: First Impressions 6 minutes ago
- › Upcoming DAP from xDuoo - the X10! 8 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser CX 2.00g vs 5.00g - how big is the difference? 8 minutes ago
- › Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar... 10 minutes ago
- › thinksound On2 wood on-ear monitor headphone (natural black) by Dsnuts
- › Burson Audio Cable+ by peter123
- › BeyerDynamic DT 1990 PRO 250 Ohm Open Studio Headphones (710490) by Fastnbulbous
- › Fostex TH-X00 Massdrop exclusive by Fastnbulbous
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by Fastnbulbous
- › 1MORE MK801 Over-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and Remote... by glassmonkey
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by zamroni
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Wireless by Rafique Adzam
- › Mcdodo Lightning to Audio Cable (for iPhone 7) w/ charging function by Webkarma
- › Final F7200 by malcolm.mcintyre
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...