I don't necessarily want to turn my gf into an audiophile, I just need her to understand that I NEED to swap out equipment when I feel the need
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 9/29/11
- productAlessandro MS1000tagged by System, 9/29/11
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 880 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 9/29/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/29/11
- productLittle Dot MK IIItagged by System, 9/29/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 9/29/11
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD600 or Beyer DT880 (600 Ohm) for Little Dot Mk. III Last post on 6/14/11 at 5:24pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Setup complete - time to tweak (xonar, LD - mk3, DT 880s) Last post on 7/16/11 at 10:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyer DT880 (600 ohm) and Vinyl Last post on 3/3/11 at 2:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
My colleague owns a pair of HD 580. Their sound is very versatile, bass and highs are extended perfectly. Despite that, extreme ends never flood the mids. Whatever you listen to, they will not let...
This review is for Aurisonics Rockets in ears, a little about me I am 38 years old and have been into hi-res audio since I was in middle school. I don't consider myself an audiophile like many on...
Incipio F38 Remember the famous budget cans, the RP-HTF600? They we're great once modded, and so are these! So let's talk. This won't be a Super Detailed Review. Overall Sound: Highs...
wouldn't recommend if you're going to pay for $100 or above. Reasonable price should have been around $70. The only selling point is the open soundstage, would make a goid pair for movies or...
Just purchased these to see if the review-ratings were any close to reality. Quite a bit yeah. I thought it's good to have them with you if you want to occasionally let a friend listen with...
Doping your gf into an audiophile - Page 3post #31 of 7010/16/11 at 12:30pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 7010/16/11 at 4:24pm
My knowledge of headphones is limited as I'm much more into IEMs, but I've slowly been turning my GF into an audiophile. It took some time, but I can now use audiophile terms to describe sound to her and have her understand! She also supports me fully when I buy expensive after market cablespost #33 of 7010/16/11 at 4:45pm
I seriously blame my wife for all of this. She's not a headphone fan but by christ she made me one. She listens to music on her laptop or therough her Pioneer VSX-1120K with Energy CF 50 towers. She does have a pair of Senn 518's, but they're never around when she listens to Josh F'kin Groban. I offered to get her a nice stylish pair of wooden headphones to match the decor of the room but she turned them down. Oh well, what you gonna do?post #34 of 7010/16/11 at 5:22pmpost #35 of 7010/16/11 at 5:32pmQuote:
I'm with you....although she is much more understanding when she realizes she gets my old equipment as I replace it, lol. Like now for example, i'm planning on upgrading to some Yamaha monitors and she's already trying to figure out where my current speakers are going. This is how I am able to get away with it.post #36 of 7010/16/11 at 5:35pmpost #37 of 7010/16/11 at 6:45pm
She.. hates headphones.. but the HD800 reminds her of Star Wars Tie Fighters so she tried the HD800 on.. but only because she loves Star Wars.. and not because HD800s are a top top headphone...
Edited by wilzc - 10/16/11 at 6:46pmpost #38 of 7010/16/11 at 6:57pmpost #39 of 7010/17/11 at 5:10amThread Starterpost #40 of 7010/17/11 at 5:20am
Step 1: Replace girlfriend's iBud drivers with Yuin drivers
Step 2: Watch her expression as she realises her earphones sound "different"
Step 3: ???
Profit: your girlfriend is now an audiophile.post #41 of 7010/17/11 at 5:20amThread Starter
Well you can't get both ends of the world. My gf has such a small head and looks like a ET when with headphones on
She's right beside me when I'm typing this so I better not upload any pics haha
She was not impressed by the HD800?! Not even getting her interested in headphones?! The soundstaging from ibuds to those are, are *no words in the dictionary could describe such change* !!!
We went to the ath store today and we demo'd the W1000x, and AB'd with the AD900 since hers has not arrived yet. I liked how she tried the other ath line up e.g. m50 and pro mkII and commented 'none of those are comparable to what you have' XD So she must be able to tell the difference between a HD580 and a m50 hahapost #42 of 7010/17/11 at 5:56ampost #43 of 7010/17/11 at 8:07amThread Starter
but it is the HD800!
Well to be honest i never tried any of the iBuds... I used my chance to demo the HD800 during a meet and omg omg it became my definition of good soundstaging. Later on I found it a bit artificial but having said that I gave it ~20min of listening. It was still somethingpost #44 of 7010/17/11 at 8:30amQuote:
Sarcasm, or.... ? The iBuds didn't seem to have great soundstaging to my ears :Spost #45 of 7010/17/11 at 8:38am
- Doping your gf into an audiophile
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Band Name Game II 59 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 2 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 3 minutes ago
- › Good sleeping in ear headphones? 3 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 3 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears 4 minutes ago
- › The All new FiiO X1, 192K/24B, PCM5142 DAC and 100mW output with LO... 5 minutes ago
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 5 minutes ago
- › 2015 vsonic iem lineup VSD2, VSD7, VSD9 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD540 Reference Headphones by homesicalien
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by acain
- › Incipio f38 Headphones by ahnvx
- › Bose® IE2 audio headphones by Sarurururu
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by Ruwetuin
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by mark2410
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by trane1992
- › Sony Inner Ear Hi-res Stereo Headphone Xba-a2 Black (Japan Import) by Hawaiibadboy
- › Ultrasone DJ1 PRO by T.R.A.N.C.E.
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by piksnz
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2