I don't necessarily want to turn my gf into an audiophile, I just need her to understand that I NEED to swap out equipment when I feel the need
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 9/29/11
- productAlessandro MS1000tagged by System, 9/29/11
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 880 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 9/29/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/29/11
- productLittle Dot MK IIItagged by System, 9/29/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 9/29/11
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD600 or Beyer DT880 (600 Ohm) for Little Dot Mk. III Last post on 6/14/11 at 5:24pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Setup complete - time to tweak (xonar, LD - mk3, DT 880s) Last post on 7/16/11 at 10:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyer DT880 (600 ohm) and Vinyl Last post on 3/3/11 at 2:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
You get what you see. Nothing extra. CNT or "Carbon nano tube" diaphrams/drivers were developed by the Chinese (I studied this) and J.V.C was the first to mass produce it in their...
I could not recommend these headphones more, they sound better than anything else i have had the opportunity to listen to for more than five minutes. They take the best parts of the headphones i...
UnboxingUpon unboxing, I knew what the Sony MDR-1R MK2's were intended for; luxury. It came with a box very similar to the Sennheiser HD800's packaging, very pleasing to open and everything felt of...
I have passed on buying these because i generally do not play follow the leader well,so I was bidding on a set of Sennheiser HD 598s and was outbid at the last minute but wanted something new so...
Summary I've had these for about a week now, and I have to say I like them more each day. At first I was rather worried about purchasing them, because other reviews were saying that the bass...
Doping your gf into an audiophile - Page 3post #31 of 7010/16/11 at 12:30pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 7010/16/11 at 4:24pm
My knowledge of headphones is limited as I'm much more into IEMs, but I've slowly been turning my GF into an audiophile. It took some time, but I can now use audiophile terms to describe sound to her and have her understand! She also supports me fully when I buy expensive after market cablespost #33 of 7010/16/11 at 4:45pm
I seriously blame my wife for all of this. She's not a headphone fan but by christ she made me one. She listens to music on her laptop or therough her Pioneer VSX-1120K with Energy CF 50 towers. She does have a pair of Senn 518's, but they're never around when she listens to Josh F'kin Groban. I offered to get her a nice stylish pair of wooden headphones to match the decor of the room but she turned them down. Oh well, what you gonna do?post #34 of 7010/16/11 at 5:22pmpost #35 of 7010/16/11 at 5:32pmQuote:
I'm with you....although she is much more understanding when she realizes she gets my old equipment as I replace it, lol. Like now for example, i'm planning on upgrading to some Yamaha monitors and she's already trying to figure out where my current speakers are going. This is how I am able to get away with it.post #36 of 7010/16/11 at 5:35pmpost #37 of 7010/16/11 at 6:45pm
She.. hates headphones.. but the HD800 reminds her of Star Wars Tie Fighters so she tried the HD800 on.. but only because she loves Star Wars.. and not because HD800s are a top top headphone...
Edited by wilzc - 10/16/11 at 6:46pmpost #38 of 7010/16/11 at 6:57pmpost #39 of 7010/17/11 at 5:10amThread Starterpost #40 of 7010/17/11 at 5:20am
Step 1: Replace girlfriend's iBud drivers with Yuin drivers
Step 2: Watch her expression as she realises her earphones sound "different"
Step 3: ???
Profit: your girlfriend is now an audiophile.post #41 of 7010/17/11 at 5:20amThread Starter
Well you can't get both ends of the world. My gf has such a small head and looks like a ET when with headphones on
She's right beside me when I'm typing this so I better not upload any pics haha
She was not impressed by the HD800?! Not even getting her interested in headphones?! The soundstaging from ibuds to those are, are *no words in the dictionary could describe such change* !!!
We went to the ath store today and we demo'd the W1000x, and AB'd with the AD900 since hers has not arrived yet. I liked how she tried the other ath line up e.g. m50 and pro mkII and commented 'none of those are comparable to what you have' XD So she must be able to tell the difference between a HD580 and a m50 hahapost #42 of 7010/17/11 at 5:56ampost #43 of 7010/17/11 at 8:07amThread Starter
but it is the HD800!
Well to be honest i never tried any of the iBuds... I used my chance to demo the HD800 during a meet and omg omg it became my definition of good soundstaging. Later on I found it a bit artificial but having said that I gave it ~20min of listening. It was still somethingpost #44 of 7010/17/11 at 8:30amQuote:
Sarcasm, or.... ? The iBuds didn't seem to have great soundstaging to my ears :Spost #45 of 7010/17/11 at 8:38am
- Doping your gf into an audiophile
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Altmann Tera Player — Impressions, Reviews & Discussion 18 seconds ago
- › Denon AH-D7000 1 minute ago
- › Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones 1 minute ago
- › Ranking of 21 DACs and DAC Configurations (and why chocolate ice... 2 minutes ago
- › Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM 2 minutes ago
- › Superlux Express Train 2 minutes ago
- › Explain your avatar 2 minutes ago
- › T-PEOS H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid Impressions and Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Appreciation / Discussion thread 3 minutes ago
- › Matsu****a E88CC 6922 Mullard Tooling Gold Pin Matched Pair tubes 3 minutes ago
- › JVC Kenwood Victer stereo headphones HA-SZ2000 japan import by Hawaiibadboy
- › PSB M4U 1 by yay101
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by Nec3
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by turbomustang84
- › Superlux HD669 by mang0
- › IFI Gemini usb cable by turo91
- › Sony Over-Ear Headphones - MDR-10R by a_recording
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by kuhchuk
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by ashton18
- › Sennheiser IE800 by ag8908
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude