I don't necessarily want to turn my gf into an audiophile, I just need her to understand that I NEED to swap out equipment when I feel the need
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 9/29/11
- productAlessandro MS1000tagged by System, 9/29/11
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 880 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 9/29/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/29/11
- productLittle Dot MK IIItagged by System, 9/29/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 9/29/11
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD600 or Beyer DT880 (600 Ohm) for Little Dot Mk. III Last post on 6/14/11 at 5:24pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Setup complete - time to tweak (xonar, LD - mk3, DT 880s) Last post on 7/16/11 at 10:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyer DT880 (600 ohm) and Vinyl Last post on 3/3/11 at 2:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Doping your gf into an audiophile - Page 3post #31 of 7010/16/11 at 12:30pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 7010/16/11 at 4:24pm
My knowledge of headphones is limited as I'm much more into IEMs, but I've slowly been turning my GF into an audiophile. It took some time, but I can now use audiophile terms to describe sound to her and have her understand! She also supports me fully when I buy expensive after market cablespost #33 of 7010/16/11 at 4:45pm
I seriously blame my wife for all of this. She's not a headphone fan but by christ she made me one. She listens to music on her laptop or therough her Pioneer VSX-1120K with Energy CF 50 towers. She does have a pair of Senn 518's, but they're never around when she listens to Josh F'kin Groban. I offered to get her a nice stylish pair of wooden headphones to match the decor of the room but she turned them down. Oh well, what you gonna do?post #34 of 7010/16/11 at 5:22pmpost #35 of 7010/16/11 at 5:32pmQuote:
I'm with you....although she is much more understanding when she realizes she gets my old equipment as I replace it, lol. Like now for example, i'm planning on upgrading to some Yamaha monitors and she's already trying to figure out where my current speakers are going. This is how I am able to get away with it.post #36 of 7010/16/11 at 5:35pmpost #37 of 7010/16/11 at 6:45pm
She.. hates headphones.. but the HD800 reminds her of Star Wars Tie Fighters so she tried the HD800 on.. but only because she loves Star Wars.. and not because HD800s are a top top headphone...
Edited by wilzc - 10/16/11 at 6:46pmpost #38 of 7010/16/11 at 6:57pmpost #39 of 7010/17/11 at 5:10amThread Starterpost #40 of 7010/17/11 at 5:20am
Step 1: Replace girlfriend's iBud drivers with Yuin drivers
Step 2: Watch her expression as she realises her earphones sound "different"
Step 3: ???
Profit: your girlfriend is now an audiophile.post #41 of 7010/17/11 at 5:20amThread Starter
Well you can't get both ends of the world. My gf has such a small head and looks like a ET when with headphones on
She's right beside me when I'm typing this so I better not upload any pics haha
She was not impressed by the HD800?! Not even getting her interested in headphones?! The soundstaging from ibuds to those are, are *no words in the dictionary could describe such change* !!!
We went to the ath store today and we demo'd the W1000x, and AB'd with the AD900 since hers has not arrived yet. I liked how she tried the other ath line up e.g. m50 and pro mkII and commented 'none of those are comparable to what you have' XD So she must be able to tell the difference between a HD580 and a m50 hahapost #42 of 7010/17/11 at 5:56ampost #43 of 7010/17/11 at 8:07amThread Starter
but it is the HD800!
Well to be honest i never tried any of the iBuds... I used my chance to demo the HD800 during a meet and omg omg it became my definition of good soundstaging. Later on I found it a bit artificial but having said that I gave it ~20min of listening. It was still somethingpost #44 of 7010/17/11 at 8:30amQuote:
Sarcasm, or.... ? The iBuds didn't seem to have great soundstaging to my ears :Spost #45 of 7010/17/11 at 8:38am
- Doping your gf into an audiophile
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion thread 44 seconds ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 2 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern Announces the AK300 and AK Recorder (5.6MHz DSD... 2 minutes ago
- › Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM... 3 minutes ago
- › The DIY'rs Cookbook 3 minutes ago
- › Formula 1-fi (Read the First Post!) 4 minutes ago
- › LZ-A3 Impressions and Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › TDK BA200 Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Fidelio X2 Cracking 6 minutes ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 7 minutes ago
- › RHA MA750i by meetpatel3686
- › ORIVETI PRIMACY - Whole Aluminium Body, Triple Drivers Hybrid 2... by ustinj
- › Audio-Technica ATH-CK10 Portable In-Ear Headphones by mrstrangeguy
- › Focal Utopia by x RELIC x
- › Campfire Audio Nova by Brooko
- › Flare Audio R1 Headphones by Mr Vicarious
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by greencalx
- › Advanced AcousticWerkes Q by ustinj
- › Asius Technologies ADEL™ G1 Auto Modules by Ike1985
- › AAW Nebula Two Hybrid In-Ear Monitor by tz0531
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...