I don't necessarily want to turn my gf into an audiophile, I just need her to understand that I NEED to swap out equipment when I feel the need
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 9/29/11
- productAlessandro MS1000tagged by System, 9/29/11
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 880 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 9/29/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/29/11
- productLittle Dot MK IIItagged by System, 9/29/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 9/29/11
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD600 or Beyer DT880 (600 Ohm) for Little Dot Mk. III Last post on 6/14/11 at 5:24pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Setup complete - time to tweak (xonar, LD - mk3, DT 880s) Last post on 7/16/11 at 10:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyer DT880 (600 ohm) and Vinyl Last post on 3/3/11 at 2:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I realize it is a bit of apples vs oranges, but I will compare these to the Sennheiser HD 600 sound, since I sometimes use those to mix recordings with, and many know their sound. Assuming good...
My Amazon Review: I've owned many pieces of high end home audio over the years. Brands like Dali, Audio Research, Krell, Melos, and others. I expect a lot from my gear. In this case, one of the...
About me: I am not an audiology, sound expert or anything professional about audio of short. I am simply just a consumer with a lot of love for musics for years....I purchased this pair, and Would...
Before the Lyr 2 I owned two hybrid headphone amplifiers: the Hifiman EF2A, and the Maverick Audio A1. What both those entry level amplifiers lacked was the power and sonic dynamics to drive my...
I've spent about a month with Cayin N6 DAP, and I'd like to share my thoughts about it. There is few really great reviews of this DAP, so I won't repeat them again, describing it's box,...
Doping your gf into an audiophile - Page 3post #31 of 7010/16/11 at 12:30pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 7010/16/11 at 4:24pm
My knowledge of headphones is limited as I'm much more into IEMs, but I've slowly been turning my GF into an audiophile. It took some time, but I can now use audiophile terms to describe sound to her and have her understand! She also supports me fully when I buy expensive after market cablespost #33 of 7010/16/11 at 4:45pm
I seriously blame my wife for all of this. She's not a headphone fan but by christ she made me one. She listens to music on her laptop or therough her Pioneer VSX-1120K with Energy CF 50 towers. She does have a pair of Senn 518's, but they're never around when she listens to Josh F'kin Groban. I offered to get her a nice stylish pair of wooden headphones to match the decor of the room but she turned them down. Oh well, what you gonna do?post #34 of 7010/16/11 at 5:22pmpost #35 of 7010/16/11 at 5:32pmQuote:
I'm with you....although she is much more understanding when she realizes she gets my old equipment as I replace it, lol. Like now for example, i'm planning on upgrading to some Yamaha monitors and she's already trying to figure out where my current speakers are going. This is how I am able to get away with it.post #36 of 7010/16/11 at 5:35pmpost #37 of 7010/16/11 at 6:45pm
She.. hates headphones.. but the HD800 reminds her of Star Wars Tie Fighters so she tried the HD800 on.. but only because she loves Star Wars.. and not because HD800s are a top top headphone...
Edited by wilzc - 10/16/11 at 6:46pmpost #38 of 7010/16/11 at 6:57pmpost #39 of 7010/17/11 at 5:10amThread Starterpost #40 of 7010/17/11 at 5:20am
Step 1: Replace girlfriend's iBud drivers with Yuin drivers
Step 2: Watch her expression as she realises her earphones sound "different"
Step 3: ???
Profit: your girlfriend is now an audiophile.post #41 of 7010/17/11 at 5:20amThread Starter
Well you can't get both ends of the world. My gf has such a small head and looks like a ET when with headphones on
She's right beside me when I'm typing this so I better not upload any pics haha
She was not impressed by the HD800?! Not even getting her interested in headphones?! The soundstaging from ibuds to those are, are *no words in the dictionary could describe such change* !!!
We went to the ath store today and we demo'd the W1000x, and AB'd with the AD900 since hers has not arrived yet. I liked how she tried the other ath line up e.g. m50 and pro mkII and commented 'none of those are comparable to what you have' XD So she must be able to tell the difference between a HD580 and a m50 hahapost #42 of 7010/17/11 at 5:56ampost #43 of 7010/17/11 at 8:07amThread Starter
but it is the HD800!
Well to be honest i never tried any of the iBuds... I used my chance to demo the HD800 during a meet and omg omg it became my definition of good soundstaging. Later on I found it a bit artificial but having said that I gave it ~20min of listening. It was still somethingpost #44 of 7010/17/11 at 8:30amQuote:
Sarcasm, or.... ? The iBuds didn't seem to have great soundstaging to my ears :Spost #45 of 7010/17/11 at 8:38am
- Doping your gf into an audiophile
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 12 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless! 34 seconds ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 1 minute ago
- › Comparisons: 24 of the Top Closed/Portable Headphones Around 2 minutes ago
- › Resonessence Labs Concero discussion/review thead 4 minutes ago
- › Home-Made IEMs 5 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 10 minutes ago
- › 24bit vs 16bit, the myth exploded! 10 minutes ago
- › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by Zobel
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1+ Bluethooth Wireless Headphones by Deckardk
- › JVC KENWOOD In-Ear Headphones HA-FX750 by Whitigir
- › Schiit Lyr 2 by bpandbass
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by cleg
- › OSTRY KC06A Hi-Fi In-Ear High Performance Earphones Headphones by xsuper
- › Brainwavz Delta by vaziyetu
- › JVC Kenwood Victer Stereo Headphones Ha-sz1000 by Hawaiibadboy
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by pformagg
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H8 by Giogio
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2