Please share with me your thoughts and input between the two before I buy one. I'm having a tough time choosing between them. I mostly care about soundstage and a base presence. I listen to rock, hiphop, electronic music, female vocals, and acoustic. I appreciate your help!
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 9/26/11
- productBeats Pro High-Performance Headphonestagged by System, 9/26/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/26/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 9/26/11
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 9/26/11
- productSkullcandy Aviator Headphone Black, One Sizetagged by System, 9/26/11
- productSwan M50Wtagged by System, 3/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- Upgrading from M50's. Last post on 4/25/11 at 4:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HE-400/HE-300 vs Sennheiser HD650/HD600 Last post on 11/14/13 at 9:02am in Headphones (full-size)
- ATH M50: Questions Before I Buy Last post on 1/9/12 at 6:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ATH M50 - A small problem in left-right balance. Please help? Last post on 2/13/15 at 9:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which headphones Last post on 1/9/12 at 11:25am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
There is just so much craptastic dreck in the
This is my first review and it's going to be brief...Never in my life have I been so damn impressed with an audio product (I have a bunch) than I am with my Custom K10's!!! There is not 1 thing...
INTRODUCTION Hello again guys, I am Areek Nibras, a junior Head-fier and a recently graduated physician from Bangladesh, currently doing post-graduation training in Internal medicine. Today I will...
I picked up these for my wife. I thought that since she is more of an average listener (not too concerned with audio), the V-shaped sound might be acceptable or even preferred. I gave them a listen...
I got to listen to these for a couple weeks as part of the USA tour, with the requirement that I write a review and pay to ship them to the next participant. I am not affiliated with, and was not...
Skullcandy Aviators vs. ATH M50
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 389/25/11 at 7:04pm
Well you're not going to get the combination of soundstage and bass presence out of those two. M50 reaches lower and is more thick sounding, but has a clustered and confined soundstage. The aviators-- of what little I've listened to at the apple store-- are very clear considering they're a skullcandy product, but dont' have as good of a sub-bass presence as the M50. They have a very nice mid-bass and lower mid-bass, however. They don't really punch your head off with every hit of a kick-drum, however.post #3 of 389/25/11 at 8:14pmThread Starterpost #4 of 389/25/11 at 9:03pm
Save yourself some money and get one of these instead. It is just my opinion but these blow the doors off the M50s in every way. The Aviators I haven't tried but I can safely say these are crazy for the price. There was a headfier that had the Beats Pro that ended up getting one of these and is happy that these sound better in every way.. $400 vs $30 headphone. Throw on some $20 velour pads and you got a serious contender.. Before you say you have no idea what you are talking about.. Read what Malveaux wrote on his take about how he prefers these over his HD650.. Try them out. The M50 is so over rated. They aren't worth the asking price if you ask me and yes I do own the M50..
http://www.head-fi.org/t/571005/the-panasonic-rp-htf600-s-headphones-some-ultrasone-tech/270#post_7780299 read the beginning and the last few pages of Malveaux comparison. These will blow your mind.. Save the money for a good amp so you can have proper bass on these. A little E11 and your Mp3 with the Panasonics and you will thank me later.post #5 of 389/25/11 at 9:32pm
I own the M50 and have heard the Aviators - it really surprised me with a fullish signature that lends itself to pop
music especially (big surprise there!)
Sound stage is not a virtue of either headphone though, neither is layering and separation.
The big distinction is in the build quality ~ M50 is built like a nuclear bunker and the Aviators feel like
something that comes out of a really big fortune cookie.post #6 of 389/26/11 at 12:01amThread Starterpost #7 of 389/26/11 at 12:21amQuote:
In a weird twist of events, the Aviators have better clarity than the M50s. The M50's have more robust low end. The mids are also leaner and nicer on the Aviators. Its almost as if Etymotic designed the Aviators.
Build quality however is a one sided contest. The Aviators do not really instill confidence in being able to withstand much abuse. I can probably use the M50's to severely injure you if used as a weapon....post #8 of 389/26/11 at 2:43am
On topic: Haven't heard the Aviators but the M50 isn't very bassy. Grados do rock and acoustic well, but I wouldn't use it for electronic and dub. I have a feeling one of the Ultrasones will fit you well. I've tried the HFI-580. It will satisfy your bass needs but it probably doesn't hold up well on acoustic music. The Panasonics Dsnuts listed are also worth a try. They've got pretty good reviews so far.Quote:
You've got some serious issues, lmao.post #9 of 389/26/11 at 5:12amQuote:Originally Posted by greenrolaids
Can we seriously get somebody to create a block on SkullCandy and Beats, bull$hit threads?
Maybe if somebody enters Either skullcandy or Beats into a thread topic.. it automatically sends them to a search of 9999 other postings about skullcandy and beats crap threads.
I know its a pretty arrogant stance... but this web site is all about top tier headphones.. and mentioning ibuds and 2$ sony budz is a visual mnental raping every time i see it. and Not having a sticky about **** headphones ... makes me f#cking want to vomit.
So what headphones do you have?
Very best,post #10 of 389/26/11 at 6:43ampost #11 of 389/28/11 at 1:53amThread Starterpost #12 of 389/28/11 at 1:54amThread Starterpost #13 of 389/28/11 at 2:18ampost #14 of 389/28/11 at 1:49pm
I heard both of these headphones. I had to say that the Aviators had better bass impact than the M50s. Both are decent headphones and would be a good buy if you find some under $150.
- Skullcandy Aviators vs. ATH M50
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Seiun player, $150 player with monster spec. Too good to be true? 7 seconds ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER C Review / Announcement - A New Closed-Back Planar... 54 seconds ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk & Monk Plus: a $5 earbud that taking... 56 seconds ago
- › Violectric HPA V281 - Vorsprung durch Balanced 2 minutes ago
- › ZMF Omni - Upcoming Semi Open Flagship 4 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - DELTA HYBRID V II 5 minutes ago
- › XMOS XU208 USB BRIDGES - THE LATEST GEN HAS ARRIVED! 5 minutes ago
- › Teac UD 503 DAC (2015 New Release, DXD, DSD256) 5 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 5 minutes ago
- › Wanted Hifiman HE-560 (EU) 6 minutes ago
- › 1MORE EO323 Dual Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone... by leesure
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by Bighappy
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by areek
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM In-Ear by Yubacore
- › Meze 99 Classics by Defiant00
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by silvrr
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by Hisoundfi
- › Audeze EL-8 Open-Back by droido256
- › OPPO PM-3 by Sophonax
- › Sennheiser HD 558 by starbux61
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse