Please share with me your thoughts and input between the two before I buy one. I'm having a tough time choosing between them. I mostly care about soundstage and a base presence. I listen to rock, hiphop, electronic music, female vocals, and acoustic. I appreciate your help!
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 9/26/11
- productBeats Pro High-Performance Headphonestagged by System, 9/26/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/26/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 9/26/11
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 9/26/11
- productSkullcandy Aviator Headphone Black, One Sizetagged by System, 9/26/11
- productSwan M50Wtagged by System, 3/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- Upgrading from M50's. Last post on 4/25/11 at 4:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HE-400/HE-300 vs Sennheiser HD650/HD600 Last post on 11/14/13 at 9:02am in Headphones (full-size)
- ATH M50: Questions Before I Buy Last post on 1/9/12 at 6:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ATH M50 - A small problem in left-right balance. Please help? Last post on 2/13/15 at 9:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which headphones Last post on 1/9/12 at 11:25am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/6/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 8/6/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
for the price is good but if you want to have that premier sound qualtiy of studio you need a dac of 300 dolllar +
I'm using eartips I found on a pair of Dollar Store earbuds. They look like JVC Spiral dot tips but with a larger dameter opening, more rubbery too. I also tried the CKW1000anv with the JVC's...
About Me I stumbled into the head-fi world when my itchy fingers picked up a Shure SE846 back in January’14. Since then, it has been a long journey, and I’m only just starting. Exploring the...
Introduction: As a well-known cable maker company, Forza AudioWorks is located in Poland. Its CEO and founder Matthew, a good English speaker and known as ‘’Matez’’ on Head-Fi, is a nice guy to...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION My first introduction to Bluetooth earphones came with the Brainwavz Blu-100, and whilst...
Skullcandy Aviators vs. ATH M50
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 389/25/11 at 7:04pm
Well you're not going to get the combination of soundstage and bass presence out of those two. M50 reaches lower and is more thick sounding, but has a clustered and confined soundstage. The aviators-- of what little I've listened to at the apple store-- are very clear considering they're a skullcandy product, but dont' have as good of a sub-bass presence as the M50. They have a very nice mid-bass and lower mid-bass, however. They don't really punch your head off with every hit of a kick-drum, however.post #3 of 389/25/11 at 8:14pmThread Starterpost #4 of 389/25/11 at 9:03pm
Save yourself some money and get one of these instead. It is just my opinion but these blow the doors off the M50s in every way. The Aviators I haven't tried but I can safely say these are crazy for the price. There was a headfier that had the Beats Pro that ended up getting one of these and is happy that these sound better in every way.. $400 vs $30 headphone. Throw on some $20 velour pads and you got a serious contender.. Before you say you have no idea what you are talking about.. Read what Malveaux wrote on his take about how he prefers these over his HD650.. Try them out. The M50 is so over rated. They aren't worth the asking price if you ask me and yes I do own the M50..
http://www.head-fi.org/t/571005/the-panasonic-rp-htf600-s-headphones-some-ultrasone-tech/270#post_7780299 read the beginning and the last few pages of Malveaux comparison. These will blow your mind.. Save the money for a good amp so you can have proper bass on these. A little E11 and your Mp3 with the Panasonics and you will thank me later.post #5 of 389/25/11 at 9:32pm
I own the M50 and have heard the Aviators - it really surprised me with a fullish signature that lends itself to pop
music especially (big surprise there!)
Sound stage is not a virtue of either headphone though, neither is layering and separation.
The big distinction is in the build quality ~ M50 is built like a nuclear bunker and the Aviators feel like
something that comes out of a really big fortune cookie.post #6 of 389/26/11 at 12:01amThread Starterpost #7 of 389/26/11 at 12:21amQuote:
In a weird twist of events, the Aviators have better clarity than the M50s. The M50's have more robust low end. The mids are also leaner and nicer on the Aviators. Its almost as if Etymotic designed the Aviators.
Build quality however is a one sided contest. The Aviators do not really instill confidence in being able to withstand much abuse. I can probably use the M50's to severely injure you if used as a weapon....post #8 of 389/26/11 at 2:43am
On topic: Haven't heard the Aviators but the M50 isn't very bassy. Grados do rock and acoustic well, but I wouldn't use it for electronic and dub. I have a feeling one of the Ultrasones will fit you well. I've tried the HFI-580. It will satisfy your bass needs but it probably doesn't hold up well on acoustic music. The Panasonics Dsnuts listed are also worth a try. They've got pretty good reviews so far.Quote:
You've got some serious issues, lmao.post #9 of 389/26/11 at 5:12amQuote:Originally Posted by greenrolaids
Can we seriously get somebody to create a block on SkullCandy and Beats, bull$hit threads?
Maybe if somebody enters Either skullcandy or Beats into a thread topic.. it automatically sends them to a search of 9999 other postings about skullcandy and beats crap threads.
I know its a pretty arrogant stance... but this web site is all about top tier headphones.. and mentioning ibuds and 2$ sony budz is a visual mnental raping every time i see it. and Not having a sticky about **** headphones ... makes me f#cking want to vomit.
So what headphones do you have?
Very best,post #10 of 389/26/11 at 6:43ampost #11 of 389/28/11 at 1:53amThread Starterpost #12 of 389/28/11 at 1:54amThread Starterpost #13 of 389/28/11 at 2:18ampost #14 of 389/28/11 at 1:49pm
I heard both of these headphones. I had to say that the Aviators had better bass impact than the M50s. Both are decent headphones and would be a good buy if you find some under $150.
- Skullcandy Aviators vs. ATH M50
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 22 seconds ago
- › AURALiC owners unite! 34 seconds ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Tube Rolling Guide 6SN7/6AS7G/6080/5998 40 seconds ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 57 seconds ago
- › Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold 2 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern beyerdynamic AK T8iE Review (First Impressions from IFA... 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Electronics - The Shard Event 3 minutes ago
- › Rank the Headphones that You Own. 3 minutes ago
- › Motorola S305 mods? 4 minutes ago
- › Venture Electroncs (VE) Monk - a $5 earbud that seriously deserves... 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO E10K USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier by younes berrada
- › Audio-Technica ATH-CKW1000ANV Inner Ear Headphones 50th Anniversary... by kameenadesi
- › FiiO EX1 Nanotech Titanium Diaphragm In-Ear Monitors by Tobias89
- › Forza Audioworks IEM Cables by MikePortnoy
- › Axgio Sprint Sound Isolating Sport Stereo Bluetooth 4.1 Headphone,... by Brooko
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by reddog
- › JLab JBuds NEON Metal In-Ear Earbuds with Universal Mic for iPhone... by Zantrill
- › WooAudio WA7 Fireflies by JoeDoe
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk by earfonia
- › HAVIT® HV-H91DJ Professional Stereo Studio Dj Series Headphones... by Vividcard
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2