I don't have experience with the headphones listed, but my trustworthy Fostex T20 would be enough.
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 9/26/11
- productbeyerdynamic Tesla T1tagged by System, 9/26/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/26/11
- productHiFiMAN HE-500tagged by System, 9/26/11
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 9/26/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 9/26/11
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 9/26/11
- productSennheiser Orpheus HE-90tagged by System, 9/26/11
- productSony MDR R10tagged by System, 9/26/11
- productStax SR-007 Mk2tagged by System, 9/26/11More
- productStax SR-009 Electrostatic Headphonestagged by System, 9/26/11
- productStax SRM-1/MK2tagged by System, 9/26/11
Related Forum Threads
- Summit-Fi headphones? Last post on 8/14/13 at 11:13am in High-end Audio Forum
- Does it get much better than the HD800? Last post on 11/28/14 at 12:18am in High-end Audio Forum
- Which headphone has the most neutral tonal balance? (poll) Last post on 3/2/13 at 8:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- A Twisted Review: HD800's Calculative, Clinical and Sterile Soul Last post on 12/14/12 at 4:18am in Headphones (full-size)
- Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) Last post on 4/16/16 at 3:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/4/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
Somic v2 Headphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to GearBest for the sample. Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/809323/somic-v2-headphone-review-by-mark2410 Brief: Somic, the...
Disclaimer: I received this Jays q-Jays as part of the Australian/New Zealand tour that DJScope arranged. This is my honest opinion of the Jays q-Jays, and I am in no way affiliated with or work...
Since 2011 when I first discovered this site, I've experimented with quite a few low/mid-tier earphones and these are my favorite by far. I prefer them over my Vsonic Gr06, Vsonic VC1000, and...
*I am reviewing the Meze 99 Classics as a condition of the recent tour conducted by the fine folks at Meze. The following is simply my honest impressions. Introduction and Initial...
DISCLAIMER After my last pair of earphones broke, I did some research on the forums to find high praise for Edifier, much of which for the 185's. A bit of research showed that the company sought...
The One Headphone you would take if you were stuck on an island (not limited to Audeze) :) - Page 2
Poll Results: Your one headphone?
172 Total Votespost #16 of 4710/17/11 at 1:32am
6% (12)Orpheus He90
20% (35)Stax 009
1% (2)Stax 007 Mk 2
1% (3)Stax 007 Mk 1
1% (3)Akg K1000
2% (4)Sony R10
0% (0)Sony Qualia 010
4% (7)Grado PS1
11% (19)LCD 2 rev 2
2% (5)LCD 2 rev 1
4% (7)Hifiman He-6
4% (7)Hifiman He-500
12% (21)Sennheiser HD800
9% (16)Beyerdynamic T1
1% (2)Ultrasone Edition 10
1% (2)Ultrasone Edition 8
15% (27)Others (Please post your choice!)
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 471/17/12 at 5:36am
As much as I would be tempted to pick the more esoteric options, especially SR-009s, I would probably choose the HD800, as I would expect them to last the longest. But if I could trade the Sennheiser HD800 for say 3 pairs of sealed HD650s then I would do that, and it would ensure the collective lifespan of my headphones exceeds my own lifespan.post #18 of 471/17/12 at 6:01ampost #19 of 471/23/12 at 2:27pmI would choose an iem as that way I could wander the island with music in my ears. My choice would be my Etymotic ER4S. I love my LCD's and the Stax 009 is simply sublime but for practicality it would be the Ety's!post #20 of 479/30/12 at 11:56pmpost #21 of 4710/1/12 at 12:25am
Realistically, since I haven't heard anything on this list, I would pick K 702s just because I already know I can listen to those for hours and hours. You poor guys who are voting for the most exotic thing don't even know if you'll like it. 50+ years on an island with headphones you don't like...post #22 of 4710/1/12 at 5:44amAs much as the PRO2900s on my head are protesting, and as much as I know my RS-1 will disown me, I would have to say the entire Koss ESP/950 system (with the entire fanny pack!). They just...work. And when they finally broke from exposure to sand and surf and years of going Robinson Crusoe, and Koss sent out a helicopter and special forces team to collect them and take them back to Wisconsin for repairs (as part of their commitment to the customer), I could hitch a ride out with them.post #23 of 4710/1/12 at 6:30am
Most unfortunately, I haven't tried any of the ones on the list. I'd take my Beyerdynamic DT250-250 since they're comfortable and basically all rounders with decent enough sound.post #24 of 4710/1/12 at 6:37ampost #25 of 4710/1/12 at 6:49ampost #26 of 4710/2/12 at 9:12ampost #27 of 4710/2/12 at 10:37ampost #28 of 4710/3/12 at 8:37ampost #29 of 4710/3/12 at 8:39am
- The One Headphone you would take if you were stuck on an island (not limited to Audeze) :)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › FiiO Releases the X7 Standard Edition (Without Amp Module) 10 seconds ago
- › Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread 30 seconds ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers... 45 seconds ago
- › XMOS XU208 USB BRIDGES - THE LATEST GEN HAS ARRIVED! 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 1 minute ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 1 minute ago
- › Review - AGPTEK Lossless MP3 Player 1 minute ago
- › Vape-Fi 1 minute ago
- › Just joined k7xx drop, need recommendations for budget dac/amp... 1 minute ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Somic v2 by mark2410
- › Jays q-JAYS v2.0 by NeObliviscaris
- › Rockit Sounds R-50 by avocadobeats123
- › Meze 99 Classics by joeq70
- › Edifier P185 Headphones Hi-Fi Classic Earbud Style Earphones With... by flamerz
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by TravAndAlex
- › SoundMAGIC ES18 In-Ear Headphones (Black/Red) by OSiRiSsk
- › DUNU DN-2002 by Brooko
- › T-PEOS RASIEL by kimvictor
- › Westone ES 5 by Xu Tianyi
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...