I don't have experience with the headphones listed, but my trustworthy Fostex T20 would be enough.
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 9/26/11
- productbeyerdynamic Tesla T1tagged by System, 9/26/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/26/11
- productHiFiMAN HE-500tagged by System, 9/26/11
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 9/26/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 9/26/11
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 9/26/11
- productSennheiser Orpheus HE-90tagged by System, 9/26/11
- productSony MDR R10tagged by System, 9/26/11
- productStax SR-007 Mk2tagged by System, 9/26/11More
- productStax SR-009 Electrostatic Headphonestagged by System, 9/26/11
- productStax SRM-1/MK2tagged by System, 9/26/11
Related Forum Threads
- Summit-Fi headphones? Last post on 8/14/13 at 11:13am in High-end Audio Forum
- Does it get much better than the HD800? Last post on 11/28/14 at 12:18am in High-end Audio Forum
- Which headphone has the most neutral tonal balance? (poll) Last post on 3/2/13 at 8:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- A Twisted Review: HD800's Calculative, Clinical and Sterile Soul Last post on 12/14/12 at 4:18am in Headphones (full-size)
- Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) Last post on 2/20/17 at 7:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/3/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 11/28/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
Introduction – The X5 is perhaps the quintessential Fiio player, it was one of their first devices and also one of their most universally acclaimed. Fiio have come far since the unveiling of the...
Introduction FiiO X5-2 is the second generation of X5 DAPs (digital audio players) from FiiO. I owned a FiiO X5 for quite a while before buying X5-2 and I was...
Brainwavz is a company that should be well known by now to anyone who's familiar with Head-Fi. Known for their excellent build quality and reasonable prices, Brainwavz should always be on your...
Introduction I have been an enthusiastic headphone user for many MANY years now. My first set of serious headphones were the open-backed Sennheiser HD400 headphones. From what I remember about...
Introduction: From the company that brought you the N5 and N6 sources comes the Cayin i5. The i5 is their entry into the very competitve mid priced DAP market. Cayin also has other lines of...
The One Headphone you would take if you were stuck on an island (not limited to Audeze) :) - Page 2
Poll Results: Your one headphone?
173 Total Votespost #16 of 4710/17/11 at 1:32am
6% (12)Orpheus He90
20% (35)Stax 009
1% (2)Stax 007 Mk 2
1% (3)Stax 007 Mk 1
1% (3)Akg K1000
2% (4)Sony R10
0% (0)Sony Qualia 010
4% (8)Grado PS1
10% (19)LCD 2 rev 2
2% (5)LCD 2 rev 1
4% (7)Hifiman He-6
4% (7)Hifiman He-500
12% (21)Sennheiser HD800
9% (16)Beyerdynamic T1
1% (2)Ultrasone Edition 10
1% (2)Ultrasone Edition 8
15% (27)Others (Please post your choice!)
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 471/17/12 at 5:36am
As much as I would be tempted to pick the more esoteric options, especially SR-009s, I would probably choose the HD800, as I would expect them to last the longest. But if I could trade the Sennheiser HD800 for say 3 pairs of sealed HD650s then I would do that, and it would ensure the collective lifespan of my headphones exceeds my own lifespan.post #18 of 471/17/12 at 6:01ampost #19 of 471/23/12 at 2:27pmI would choose an iem as that way I could wander the island with music in my ears. My choice would be my Etymotic ER4S. I love my LCD's and the Stax 009 is simply sublime but for practicality it would be the Ety's!post #20 of 479/30/12 at 11:56pmpost #21 of 4710/1/12 at 12:25am
Realistically, since I haven't heard anything on this list, I would pick K 702s just because I already know I can listen to those for hours and hours. You poor guys who are voting for the most exotic thing don't even know if you'll like it. 50+ years on an island with headphones you don't like...post #22 of 4710/1/12 at 5:44amAs much as the PRO2900s on my head are protesting, and as much as I know my RS-1 will disown me, I would have to say the entire Koss ESP/950 system (with the entire fanny pack!). They just...work. And when they finally broke from exposure to sand and surf and years of going Robinson Crusoe, and Koss sent out a helicopter and special forces team to collect them and take them back to Wisconsin for repairs (as part of their commitment to the customer), I could hitch a ride out with them.post #23 of 4710/1/12 at 6:30am
Most unfortunately, I haven't tried any of the ones on the list. I'd take my Beyerdynamic DT250-250 since they're comfortable and basically all rounders with decent enough sound.post #24 of 4710/1/12 at 6:37ampost #25 of 4710/1/12 at 6:49ampost #26 of 4710/2/12 at 9:12ampost #27 of 4710/2/12 at 10:37ampost #28 of 4710/3/12 at 8:37ampost #29 of 4710/3/12 at 8:39am
- The One Headphone you would take if you were stuck on an island (not limited to Audeze) :)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › ATTICUS and EIKON, the new dynamic driver headphones from ZMF 1 minute ago
- › The Other Metal Thread: No Blastbeat Metal Zone! 3 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 3 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 3 minutes ago
- › Rate The Last Movie You Watched 4 minutes ago
- › Thebit OPUS#2 Dap - out September/October 2016. 4 minutes ago
- › NEW! SONY NW-A30 SERIES 4 minutes ago
- › SPL Phonitor X / Phonitor E impressions and Discussion thread 4 minutes ago
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 5 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 6 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by ryanjsoo
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Dobrescu George
- › Brainwavz B150 by crabdog
- › 1MORE1008 Earbud by Peddler
- › Cayin i5 by subguy812
- › Lotoo Paw Pico by twister6
- › Shanling UP Portable DAC/Headphone Amplifier AMP ES9018K2M+MAX97... by ngoshawk
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by rafaelpernil
- › PureSounds PS100-600 by BloodyPenguin
- › Schiit Audio Vali 2 by DeeKay10
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear