I don't have experience with the headphones listed, but my trustworthy Fostex T20 would be enough.
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 9/26/11
- productbeyerdynamic Tesla T1tagged by System, 9/26/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/26/11
- productHiFiMAN HE-500tagged by System, 9/26/11
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 9/26/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 9/26/11
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 9/26/11
- productSennheiser Orpheus HE-90tagged by System, 9/26/11
- productSony MDR R10tagged by System, 9/26/11
- productStax SR-007 Mk2tagged by System, 9/26/11More
- productStax SR-009 Electrostatic Headphonestagged by System, 9/26/11
- productStax SRM-1/MK2tagged by System, 9/26/11
Related Forum Threads
- Summit-Fi headphones? Last post on 8/14/13 at 11:13am in High-end Audio Forum
- Does it get much better than the HD800? Last post on 11/28/14 at 12:18am in High-end Audio Forum
- Which headphone has the most neutral tonal balance? (poll) Last post on 3/2/13 at 8:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- A Twisted Review: HD800's Calculative, Clinical and Sterile Soul Last post on 12/14/12 at 4:18am in Headphones (full-size)
- Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) Last post on 8/30/15 at 4:25pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 7/28/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/6/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 7/31/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
Not as stylish as an A&K but very well built, apart from the flimsy wheel. Good materials and nice finishes and overall intiutive U.I. give a quite nice experience. First of, some APE and DSD...
I will mainly be comparing to A65. Build of these is excellent, but not quite as nice as A65 due to the half plastic housing. It is of very high quality though, it shouldn't affect...
Just a short review, as there is really not a lot to say, which is a good thing, nothing to complain about with these. Build is excellent, they feel supremely solid, I mean even 1k+ iems don't...
INTRODUCTION The Encore RockMaster IE is a new crowd-funded IEM from SonicUnity, and new audio company formed by Rick Hopkins. Rick's a music industry veteran who's helped with concert design for...
I'll do my best to keep this review nice and short, and hit all the key points. Sections: -Overview about myself (to give background on music preferences, previously owned IEMs,...
The One Headphone you would take if you were stuck on an island (not limited to Audeze) :) - Page 2
Poll Results: Your one headphone?
172 Total Votespost #16 of 4710/17/11 at 1:32am
6% (12)Orpheus He90
20% (35)Stax 009
1% (2)Stax 007 Mk 2
1% (3)Stax 007 Mk 1
1% (3)Akg K1000
2% (4)Sony R10
0% (0)Sony Qualia 010
4% (7)Grado PS1
11% (19)LCD 2 rev 2
2% (5)LCD 2 rev 1
4% (7)Hifiman He-6
4% (7)Hifiman He-500
12% (21)Sennheiser HD800
9% (16)Beyerdynamic T1
1% (2)Ultrasone Edition 10
1% (2)Ultrasone Edition 8
15% (27)Others (Please post your choice!)
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 471/17/12 at 5:36am
As much as I would be tempted to pick the more esoteric options, especially SR-009s, I would probably choose the HD800, as I would expect them to last the longest. But if I could trade the Sennheiser HD800 for say 3 pairs of sealed HD650s then I would do that, and it would ensure the collective lifespan of my headphones exceeds my own lifespan.post #18 of 471/17/12 at 6:01ampost #19 of 471/23/12 at 2:27pmI would choose an iem as that way I could wander the island with music in my ears. My choice would be my Etymotic ER4S. I love my LCD's and the Stax 009 is simply sublime but for practicality it would be the Ety's!post #20 of 479/30/12 at 11:56pmpost #21 of 4710/1/12 at 12:25am
Realistically, since I haven't heard anything on this list, I would pick K 702s just because I already know I can listen to those for hours and hours. You poor guys who are voting for the most exotic thing don't even know if you'll like it. 50+ years on an island with headphones you don't like...post #22 of 4710/1/12 at 5:44amAs much as the PRO2900s on my head are protesting, and as much as I know my RS-1 will disown me, I would have to say the entire Koss ESP/950 system (with the entire fanny pack!). They just...work. And when they finally broke from exposure to sand and surf and years of going Robinson Crusoe, and Koss sent out a helicopter and special forces team to collect them and take them back to Wisconsin for repairs (as part of their commitment to the customer), I could hitch a ride out with them.post #23 of 4710/1/12 at 6:30am
Most unfortunately, I haven't tried any of the ones on the list. I'd take my Beyerdynamic DT250-250 since they're comfortable and basically all rounders with decent enough sound.post #24 of 4710/1/12 at 6:37ampost #25 of 4710/1/12 at 6:49ampost #26 of 4710/2/12 at 9:12ampost #27 of 4710/2/12 at 10:37ampost #28 of 4710/3/12 at 8:37ampost #29 of 4710/3/12 at 8:39am
- The One Headphone you would take if you were stuck on an island (not limited to Audeze) :)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Finally NEW headphone from Beyerdynamic!!! DT-1770 36 seconds ago
- › For 6AS7G tube rollers here ..... 43 seconds ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 1 minute ago
- › Pioneer's first DAP, the XDP-100R announced in IFA 2 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-1A - Sony's latest update on the 1R 2 minutes ago
- › Recommendations for moving from AKG K501's to Closed back cans 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 3 minutes ago
- › Official NYC area / Regional Fall meet, November 14th, 2015 -... 4 minutes ago
- › Yamaha hph mt220 thread (Merged) 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by flognarde
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by T.R.A.N.C.E.
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by T.R.A.N.C.E.
- › Encore RockMaster IE by nmatheis
- › Noble 3 by WhatToChoose
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by dazzerfong
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by hakushondaimao
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by goodyfresh
- › Creative Sound Blaster Roar 2 Portable NFC Bluetooth Speaker with... by lin0003
- › Encore RockMaster OE by Armaegis
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2