I don't have experience with the headphones listed, but my trustworthy Fostex T20 would be enough.
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 9/26/11
- productbeyerdynamic Tesla T1tagged by System, 9/26/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/26/11
- productHiFiMAN HE-500tagged by System, 9/26/11
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 9/26/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 9/26/11
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 9/26/11
- productSennheiser Orpheus HE-90tagged by System, 9/26/11
- productSony MDR R10tagged by System, 9/26/11
- productStax SR-007 Mk2tagged by System, 9/26/11More
- productStax SR-009 Electrostatic Headphonestagged by System, 9/26/11
- productStax SRM-1/MK2tagged by System, 9/26/11
Related Forum Threads
- Summit-Fi headphones? Last post on 8/14/13 at 11:13am in High-end Audio Forum
- Does it get much better than the HD800? Last post on 11/28/14 at 12:18am in High-end Audio Forum
- Which headphone has the most neutral tonal balance? (poll) Last post on 3/2/13 at 8:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- A Twisted Review: HD800's Calculative, Clinical and Sterile Soul Last post on 12/14/12 at 4:18am in Headphones (full-size)
- Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) Last post on 4/16/16 at 3:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/4/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
A good sounding inexpensive product. As of my late work has pushed me to have to work at many hours at once on writing Visual Novels, I began asking myself if there is a buds solution that...
I just sell my Yamaha EPH-100, so before I forget how they sound I will write a little review here. My attempt for this micro driver earphones was BIG, especially because of the praise I found...
The PMV A-01 was sent to me from PMV by the help on Penon Audio. Thank you to both for let me try them out! The price at the time of this review was $69. The PMV A-1 is available from the Penon...
Cayin have always intrigued me, their approach to portable audio isn't about sound quality alone, far from. Their designs are some of the most unique...
The One Headphone you would take if you were stuck on an island (not limited to Audeze) :) - Page 2
Poll Results: Your one headphone?
172 Total Votespost #16 of 4710/17/11 at 1:32am
6% (12)Orpheus He90
20% (35)Stax 009
1% (2)Stax 007 Mk 2
1% (3)Stax 007 Mk 1
1% (3)Akg K1000
2% (4)Sony R10
0% (0)Sony Qualia 010
4% (7)Grado PS1
11% (19)LCD 2 rev 2
2% (5)LCD 2 rev 1
4% (7)Hifiman He-6
4% (7)Hifiman He-500
12% (21)Sennheiser HD800
9% (16)Beyerdynamic T1
1% (2)Ultrasone Edition 10
1% (2)Ultrasone Edition 8
15% (27)Others (Please post your choice!)
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 471/17/12 at 5:36am
As much as I would be tempted to pick the more esoteric options, especially SR-009s, I would probably choose the HD800, as I would expect them to last the longest. But if I could trade the Sennheiser HD800 for say 3 pairs of sealed HD650s then I would do that, and it would ensure the collective lifespan of my headphones exceeds my own lifespan.post #18 of 471/17/12 at 6:01ampost #19 of 471/23/12 at 2:27pmI would choose an iem as that way I could wander the island with music in my ears. My choice would be my Etymotic ER4S. I love my LCD's and the Stax 009 is simply sublime but for practicality it would be the Ety's!post #20 of 479/30/12 at 11:56pmpost #21 of 4710/1/12 at 12:25am
Realistically, since I haven't heard anything on this list, I would pick K 702s just because I already know I can listen to those for hours and hours. You poor guys who are voting for the most exotic thing don't even know if you'll like it. 50+ years on an island with headphones you don't like...post #22 of 4710/1/12 at 5:44amAs much as the PRO2900s on my head are protesting, and as much as I know my RS-1 will disown me, I would have to say the entire Koss ESP/950 system (with the entire fanny pack!). They just...work. And when they finally broke from exposure to sand and surf and years of going Robinson Crusoe, and Koss sent out a helicopter and special forces team to collect them and take them back to Wisconsin for repairs (as part of their commitment to the customer), I could hitch a ride out with them.post #23 of 4710/1/12 at 6:30am
Most unfortunately, I haven't tried any of the ones on the list. I'd take my Beyerdynamic DT250-250 since they're comfortable and basically all rounders with decent enough sound.post #24 of 4710/1/12 at 6:37ampost #25 of 4710/1/12 at 6:49ampost #26 of 4710/2/12 at 9:12ampost #27 of 4710/2/12 at 10:37ampost #28 of 4710/3/12 at 8:37ampost #29 of 4710/3/12 at 8:39am
- The One Headphone you would take if you were stuck on an island (not limited to Audeze) :)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › The Tera Player - Thread 3 seconds ago
- › Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread 17 seconds ago
- › FS: HE 400 (non i/s) 35 seconds ago
- › Welcome one and all! Please introduce yourselves! 1 minute ago
- › 2016 St. Louis Area Spring Meet - April 30, 2016 2 minutes ago
- › Bass-heavy Headphones suggestions 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Gungnir DAC 3 minutes ago
- › Echobox Audio is HIRING!! 4 minutes ago
- › Recommendations for USB DAC/Sound card 5 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 6 minutes ago
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Dobrescu George
- › Yamaha EPH-M100 High-Performance Earphones by Nymphonomaniac
- › PMV A-01 HYBIRD IEM by peter123
- › Cayin N5 DSD Lossless Music Player by H20Fidelity
- › Campfire Audio Orion by piksnz
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by Asr
- › 1MORE EO323 Dual Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone... by leesure
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by Bighappy
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM In-Ear by Yubacore
- › Meze 99 Classics by Defiant00
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse