Hey guys, pick your choice from the selections or post if I did not include your option. Remember, this is the one headphone you will have to live with for the rest of your life.
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 9/26/11
- productbeyerdynamic Tesla T1tagged by System, 9/26/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/26/11
- productHiFiMAN HE-500tagged by System, 9/26/11
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 9/26/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 9/26/11
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 9/26/11
- productSennheiser Orpheus HE-90tagged by System, 9/26/11
- productSony MDR R10tagged by System, 9/26/11
- productStax SR-007 Mk2tagged by System, 9/26/11More
- productStax SR-009 Electrostatic Headphonestagged by System, 9/26/11
- productStax SRM-1/MK2tagged by System, 9/26/11
Related Forum Threads
- Summit-Fi headphones? Last post on 8/14/13 at 11:13am in High-end Audio Forum
- Does it get much better than the HD800? Last post on 11/28/14 at 12:18am in High-end Audio Forum
- Which headphone has the most neutral tonal balance? (poll) Last post on 3/2/13 at 8:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- A Twisted Review: HD800's Calculative, Clinical and Sterile Soul Last post on 12/14/12 at 4:18am in Headphones (full-size)
- Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) Last post on 9/30/16 at 11:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/4/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
Final F7200 Earphone review I will start this review of the Final F7200 earphones by saying that I am not going to include photos or technical specifications, as these have been very well covered...
MBC/ PINOYMAN's review: The TFZ series 1 Iem. Id like to thank Christopher Gatchalian for lending me his pair unit for the purpose of this review. Shell: clear in smoke black. Cable: quality is...
This is a review of the Cambridge DacMagic Plus DAC/headphone amp/pre amp. The Cambridge Audio DacMagic Plus was sent to me by Cambridge Audio in the UK as a loaner for the purpose of doing this...
HiFiMAN RE-00 Earphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to Massdrop for the loaner. Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/823483/hifiman-re-00-earphone-review-by-mark2410 Brief: OMFG...
This review won't be too detailed, just a vote of respect for such a fine pair of headphones. I tend to like warm toned headphones, rather than purely neutral sets, and the Philips Fidelio X2 has...
The One Headphone you would take if you were stuck on an island (not limited to Audeze) :)
Poll Results: Your one headphone?
173 Total Votespost #1 of 479/25/11 at 8:02amThread Starter
6% (12)Orpheus He90
20% (35)Stax 009
1% (2)Stax 007 Mk 2
1% (3)Stax 007 Mk 1
1% (3)Akg K1000
2% (4)Sony R10
0% (0)Sony Qualia 010
4% (8)Grado PS1
10% (19)LCD 2 rev 2
2% (5)LCD 2 rev 1
4% (7)Hifiman He-6
4% (7)Hifiman He-500
12% (21)Sennheiser HD800
9% (16)Beyerdynamic T1
1% (2)Ultrasone Edition 10
1% (2)Ultrasone Edition 8
15% (27)Others (Please post your choice!)
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 479/25/11 at 12:07pmpost #3 of 479/25/11 at 12:10pmpost #4 of 479/25/11 at 12:40pmpost #5 of 479/25/11 at 6:13pmpost #6 of 479/25/11 at 6:14pmpost #7 of 479/25/11 at 6:24pmpost #8 of 479/25/11 at 6:31pmpost #9 of 479/25/11 at 6:39pmpost #10 of 479/25/11 at 7:31pmQuote:
But the music will be enjoyed better on the best headphonepost #11 of 479/25/11 at 7:32pmpost #12 of 479/25/11 at 8:00pm
I of course agree but I would have to state that there is a 15 year old walking down the street with his first pair of Beats listing to Pitbull's Plant Pitbull who is much more happy than the OCD Head-Fier in his late 40s changing powercords to his 100K system in the middle of the night and not getting anything to sound right.
The kid with the Beats thinks everything is right. It is right in his perception. Which headphone you end up having is really not 100% important to enjoying music. The perception of music is a mental thing not totally dependent on equipment or the lack there of. There is no best headphone.post #13 of 479/28/11 at 3:10amThread StarterQuote:
Haha, just post your choice of source then :)
Seems like the 009s are winning but the LCD 2.2s are pretty darn close. Btw, this thread is just for fun, so just vote for your favourites, Im pretty sure almost no one has owned or even tried all the listed headphones.post #14 of 479/28/11 at 4:38am
Given how much I've come to enjoy these vintage Stax Lambdas, the SR-009 would be the logical progression for me (if money wasn't a problem).
Since amp/source can be anything, just hand me a BHSE and a top-of-the-line desktop computer with an X-Fi card (I need the gaming features) and some fancy external DAC that's as transparent as possible. One can dream, right?post #15 of 4710/16/11 at 11:55pmWell, any of my current setup. My portable is always with me, so it doesn't count. Oh yes, a GPS phone for calling for help will be better than a pair of headphones, IMO.
- The One Headphone you would take if you were stuck on an island (not limited to Audeze) :)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 17 seconds ago
- › Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova 1 minute ago
- › IBasso Audio IT03 4 minutes ago
- › New iRiver AK70 4 minutes ago
- › The public beta firmware of Android 5.1 for FiiO X7 is coming! 5 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 7 minutes ago
- › Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Smyth Research Realiser A16 8 minutes ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 8 minutes ago
- › XDuoo XD-05 Portable Dac/Amp Introduction - Impressions 9 minutes ago
- › Final F7200 by malcolm.mcintyre
- › TFZ Series 1 by pinoyman
- › Cambridge Audio Azur DacMagic Plus by peter123
- › HiFiMAN RE-00 by mark2410
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by Kerry56
- › NAD Electronics VISO HP50 Noise-Isolating Over-Ear Headphones by Kerry56
- › Philips Shp8000/10 Hi-Fi Headphones - Black by Redcarmoose
- › Sony MDRXB400/BLU Extra Bass Over The Head 30 mm Driver Headphone,... by InternPrimas
- › Noontec ZORO II HD Headphone by InternPrimas
- › Panasonic RP-HTF600-S Step Monitor by Kerry56
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...