Hey guys, pick your choice from the selections or post if I did not include your option. Remember, this is the one headphone you will have to live with for the rest of your life.
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 9/26/11
- productbeyerdynamic Tesla T1tagged by System, 9/26/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/26/11
- productHiFiMAN HE-500tagged by System, 9/26/11
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 9/26/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 9/26/11
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 9/26/11
- productSennheiser Orpheus HE-90tagged by System, 9/26/11
- productSony MDR R10tagged by System, 9/26/11
- productStax SR-007 Mk2tagged by System, 9/26/11More
- productStax SR-009 Electrostatic Headphonestagged by System, 9/26/11
- productStax SRM-1/MK2tagged by System, 9/26/11
Related Forum Threads
- Summit-Fi headphones? Last post on 8/14/13 at 11:13am in High-end Audio Forum
- Does it get much better than the HD800? Last post on 11/28/14 at 12:18am in High-end Audio Forum
- Which headphone has the most neutral tonal balance? (poll) Last post on 3/2/13 at 8:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- A Twisted Review: HD800's Calculative, Clinical and Sterile Soul Last post on 12/14/12 at 4:18am in Headphones (full-size)
- Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) Last post on Today at 8:32 am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 6/29/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 6/30/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 6/30/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
Construction, Materials, and Comfort: For starters, the protein leather is extremely soft and supple, and makes the ear pads and headband luxurious to touch. Heat retention actually isn't as bad...
I originally bought these after my earphones that came with my phone broke. After receiving these I was extremely pleased with the bass: it was boomy, punchy and felt powerful. These were also very...
I am an amateur recording engineer that mainly uses a laptop pc on location with a Focusrite Scarlett 18i20. The bus power is no doubt as noisy as a baby with a full diaper that's up way past...
NOTE: This is my first review and I'm a budding audio enthusiast. This is no pro review, just a newb trying to put audio nuances to words. These are my first pair of Balanced Armatures and I am...
Background In about 1990, when Joseph Grado was designing his HMP-1 Holographic Scalera Scanner (perfectly-matched pair of microphones for recording), he needed some detailed, neutral...
The One Headphone you would take if you were stuck on an island (not limited to Audeze) :)
Poll Results: Your one headphone?
172 Total Votespost #1 of 479/25/11 at 8:02amThread Starter
6% (12)Orpheus He90
20% (35)Stax 009
1% (2)Stax 007 Mk 2
1% (3)Stax 007 Mk 1
1% (3)Akg K1000
2% (4)Sony R10
0% (0)Sony Qualia 010
4% (7)Grado PS1
11% (19)LCD 2 rev 2
2% (5)LCD 2 rev 1
4% (7)Hifiman He-6
4% (7)Hifiman He-500
12% (21)Sennheiser HD800
9% (16)Beyerdynamic T1
1% (2)Ultrasone Edition 10
1% (2)Ultrasone Edition 8
15% (27)Others (Please post your choice!)
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 479/25/11 at 12:07pmpost #3 of 479/25/11 at 12:10pmpost #4 of 479/25/11 at 12:40pmpost #5 of 479/25/11 at 6:13pmpost #6 of 479/25/11 at 6:14pmpost #7 of 479/25/11 at 6:24pmpost #8 of 479/25/11 at 6:31pmpost #9 of 479/25/11 at 6:39pmpost #10 of 479/25/11 at 7:31pmQuote:
But the music will be enjoyed better on the best headphonepost #11 of 479/25/11 at 7:32pmpost #12 of 479/25/11 at 8:00pm
I of course agree but I would have to state that there is a 15 year old walking down the street with his first pair of Beats listing to Pitbull's Plant Pitbull who is much more happy than the OCD Head-Fier in his late 40s changing powercords to his 100K system in the middle of the night and not getting anything to sound right.
The kid with the Beats thinks everything is right. It is right in his perception. Which headphone you end up having is really not 100% important to enjoying music. The perception of music is a mental thing not totally dependent on equipment or the lack there of. There is no best headphone.post #13 of 479/28/11 at 3:10amThread StarterQuote:
Haha, just post your choice of source then :)
Seems like the 009s are winning but the LCD 2.2s are pretty darn close. Btw, this thread is just for fun, so just vote for your favourites, Im pretty sure almost no one has owned or even tried all the listed headphones.post #14 of 479/28/11 at 4:38am
Given how much I've come to enjoy these vintage Stax Lambdas, the SR-009 would be the logical progression for me (if money wasn't a problem).
Since amp/source can be anything, just hand me a BHSE and a top-of-the-line desktop computer with an X-Fi card (I need the gaming features) and some fancy external DAC that's as transparent as possible. One can dream, right?post #15 of 4710/16/11 at 11:55pm
- The One Headphone you would take if you were stuck on an island (not limited to Audeze) :)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Gustard U12 USB Interface 8 Core XMOS chip 43 seconds ago
- › Flare Audio R2PRO Appreciation/Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › 🇬🇧 CanJam London 2015 Is Official! August 29-30, 2015! 2 minutes ago
- › Objectivists board room 3 minutes ago
- › Vape-Fi 3 minutes ago
- › WTB - stock HE-6 cable 4 minutes ago
- › ZMF Omni - Upcoming Semi Open Flagship 5 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (5/31/2015: Beyer COP+ and... 5 minutes ago
- › TTVJAudio new headphone loaner programs 6 minutes ago
- › Xiaomi Pistons 3.0 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › OPPO PM-3 by RazrLeaf
- › Xtreme Xplosives In Ear by Omar717
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by morethansense
- › Sony XBA-10/N Gold | Balanced Armature In-Ear Headphones (Japanese... by LikeABell
- › Joseph Grado HPA-1 by kayandjohn
- › Creative Sound Blaster E1 Portable Headphone Amplifier with... by Evshrug
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1+ Bluetooth Wireless Headphones by pformagg
- › RHA T20 by Cotnijoe
- › VE Zen by boneofimba
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by xkonfuzed
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)