Hey guys, pick your choice from the selections or post if I did not include your option. Remember, this is the one headphone you will have to live with for the rest of your life.
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 9/26/11
- productbeyerdynamic Tesla T1tagged by System, 9/26/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/26/11
- productHiFiMAN HE-500tagged by System, 9/26/11
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 9/26/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 9/26/11
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 9/26/11
- productSennheiser Orpheus HE-90tagged by System, 9/26/11
- productSony MDR R10tagged by System, 9/26/11
- productStax SR-007 Mk2tagged by System, 9/26/11More
- productStax SR-009 Electrostatic Headphonestagged by System, 9/26/11
- productStax SRM-1/MK2tagged by System, 9/26/11
Related Forum Threads
- Summit-Fi headphones? Last post on 8/14/13 at 11:13am in High-end Audio Forum
- Does it get much better than the HD800? Last post on 11/28/14 at 12:18am in High-end Audio Forum
- Which headphone has the most neutral tonal balance? (poll) Last post on 3/2/13 at 8:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- A Twisted Review: HD800's Calculative, Clinical and Sterile Soul Last post on 12/14/12 at 4:18am in Headphones (full-size)
- Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) Last post on 10/2/15 at 10:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 7/28/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/6/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 7/31/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
Preamble: Hi guys, I'm a budding audio-appreciator since starting on this journey about a year and a half ago. I just have average ears that like to listen to slightly above average music and so...
Intro Before I begin, I would like to sincerely thank Pandora at Brainwavz for providing the review sample of the Brainwavz S3 you see in this review. Please note that I am neither affiliated...
Introduction First of all, I would like to thank Aune (@AuneAudio) for giving me the opportunity to review their unit. This is the link to the relevant head-fi thread:...
INTRO:- Since last year, Fidue a Chinese earphone manufacturer has been raising its head with some hard to look through earphones. They have close to 10-12 earphones but a triple driver...
Image courtesy of HiFiMan INTRODUCTION The HE400S is HiFiMan's latest offering in the HE400 series of open-back over-ear planar headphones. I first read about them in a teaser email HiFiMan...
The One Headphone you would take if you were stuck on an island (not limited to Audeze) :)
Poll Results: Your one headphone?
172 Total Votespost #1 of 479/25/11 at 8:02amThread Starter
6% (12)Orpheus He90
20% (35)Stax 009
1% (2)Stax 007 Mk 2
1% (3)Stax 007 Mk 1
1% (3)Akg K1000
2% (4)Sony R10
0% (0)Sony Qualia 010
4% (7)Grado PS1
11% (19)LCD 2 rev 2
2% (5)LCD 2 rev 1
4% (7)Hifiman He-6
4% (7)Hifiman He-500
12% (21)Sennheiser HD800
9% (16)Beyerdynamic T1
1% (2)Ultrasone Edition 10
1% (2)Ultrasone Edition 8
15% (27)Others (Please post your choice!)
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 479/25/11 at 12:07pmpost #3 of 479/25/11 at 12:10pmpost #4 of 479/25/11 at 12:40pmpost #5 of 479/25/11 at 6:13pmpost #6 of 479/25/11 at 6:14pmpost #7 of 479/25/11 at 6:24pmpost #8 of 479/25/11 at 6:31pmpost #9 of 479/25/11 at 6:39pmpost #10 of 479/25/11 at 7:31pmQuote:
But the music will be enjoyed better on the best headphonepost #11 of 479/25/11 at 7:32pmpost #12 of 479/25/11 at 8:00pm
I of course agree but I would have to state that there is a 15 year old walking down the street with his first pair of Beats listing to Pitbull's Plant Pitbull who is much more happy than the OCD Head-Fier in his late 40s changing powercords to his 100K system in the middle of the night and not getting anything to sound right.
The kid with the Beats thinks everything is right. It is right in his perception. Which headphone you end up having is really not 100% important to enjoying music. The perception of music is a mental thing not totally dependent on equipment or the lack there of. There is no best headphone.post #13 of 479/28/11 at 3:10amThread StarterQuote:
Haha, just post your choice of source then :)
Seems like the 009s are winning but the LCD 2.2s are pretty darn close. Btw, this thread is just for fun, so just vote for your favourites, Im pretty sure almost no one has owned or even tried all the listed headphones.post #14 of 479/28/11 at 4:38am
Given how much I've come to enjoy these vintage Stax Lambdas, the SR-009 would be the logical progression for me (if money wasn't a problem).
Since amp/source can be anything, just hand me a BHSE and a top-of-the-line desktop computer with an X-Fi card (I need the gaming features) and some fancy external DAC that's as transparent as possible. One can dream, right?post #15 of 4710/16/11 at 11:55pm
- The One Headphone you would take if you were stuck on an island (not limited to Audeze) :)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 40 seconds ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread. 55 seconds ago
- › Headstage Arrow HE: Reviews, Impressions, Perceptions & Sensations 1 minute ago
- › Chord Hugo - The PORTABLE discussion thread 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 3 minutes ago
- › Chord Electronics - The Shard Event 3 minutes ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 3 minutes ago
- › A Brief Guide to Audio for the Skeptical Consumer 4 minutes ago
- › NEW! SONY NW-ZX100 DAP 4 minutes ago
- › RHA T20 by RedTwilight
- › Brainwavz S3 by thatBeatsguy
- › Aune X1S 32Bit/384KHz DSD DAC Headphone Amplifier by GioF71
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by suman134
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by nmatheis
- › Philips SHE3905BK/27 In-Ear Headphones with Mic, Black by Whitigir
- › Music Hall de-be Portable Headphones by BloodyPenguin
- › Brainwavz Kidwavz KV100 Childrens Bluetooth Volume Limited Headphones by mark2410
- › Fostex TE-07 by HiFiChris
- › Koss KSC75 Portable Stereophone Headphones by sirylj
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2