Hey guys, pick your choice from the selections or post if I did not include your option. Remember, this is the one headphone you will have to live with for the rest of your life.
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 9/26/11
- productbeyerdynamic Tesla T1tagged by System, 9/26/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/26/11
- productHiFiMAN HE-500tagged by System, 9/26/11
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 9/26/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 9/26/11
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 9/26/11
- productSennheiser Orpheus HE-90tagged by System, 9/26/11
- productSony MDR R10tagged by System, 9/26/11
- productStax SR-007 Mk2tagged by System, 9/26/11More
- productStax SR-009 Electrostatic Headphonestagged by System, 9/26/11
- productStax SRM-1/MK2tagged by System, 9/26/11
Related Forum Threads
- Summit-Fi headphones? Last post on 8/14/13 at 11:13am in High-end Audio Forum
- Does it get much better than the HD800? Last post on 11/28/14 at 12:18am in High-end Audio Forum
- Which headphone has the most neutral tonal balance? (poll) Last post on 3/2/13 at 8:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- A Twisted Review: HD800's Calculative, Clinical and Sterile Soul Last post on 12/14/12 at 4:18am in Headphones (full-size)
- Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) Last post on Yesterday at 6:30 am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/4/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
iBasso IT03 [1xDD 2xBA] Introduction: the mission statement of the company iBasso is “To capture the essence of music for all to enjoy” On their Facebook banner it also reads “We...
In 1976 two engineering students at Cambridge University with a passion for electronics and music founded Amplification and Recording Cambridge (Arcam). In 1988 they produced the first...
Very detailed quality sound . I am able to find details which missed before. Details with layer and staging. Staging and positioning isn't huge or odd. But I can feel it in my head when listening...
Disclaimer Firstly, I would like to thank the 1More team for giving these to me for the purpose of this review. All impressions will be made from as much as an objective standpoint as possible....
This is a review of the Advanced AcousticWerkes Nebula 2 IEM’s. The Advanced AcousticWerkes (AAW) Nebula 2 was sent to me from MusicTeck who is the authorized dealer in the US for AWW. A big...
The One Headphone you would take if you were stuck on an island (not limited to Audeze) :)
Poll Results: Your one headphone?
172 Total Votespost #1 of 479/25/11 at 8:02amThread Starter
6% (12)Orpheus He90
20% (35)Stax 009
1% (2)Stax 007 Mk 2
1% (3)Stax 007 Mk 1
1% (3)Akg K1000
2% (4)Sony R10
0% (0)Sony Qualia 010
4% (7)Grado PS1
11% (19)LCD 2 rev 2
2% (5)LCD 2 rev 1
4% (7)Hifiman He-6
4% (7)Hifiman He-500
12% (21)Sennheiser HD800
9% (16)Beyerdynamic T1
1% (2)Ultrasone Edition 10
1% (2)Ultrasone Edition 8
15% (27)Others (Please post your choice!)
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 479/25/11 at 12:07pmpost #3 of 479/25/11 at 12:10pmpost #4 of 479/25/11 at 12:40pmpost #5 of 479/25/11 at 6:13pmpost #6 of 479/25/11 at 6:14pmpost #7 of 479/25/11 at 6:24pmpost #8 of 479/25/11 at 6:31pmpost #9 of 479/25/11 at 6:39pmpost #10 of 479/25/11 at 7:31pmQuote:
But the music will be enjoyed better on the best headphonepost #11 of 479/25/11 at 7:32pmpost #12 of 479/25/11 at 8:00pm
I of course agree but I would have to state that there is a 15 year old walking down the street with his first pair of Beats listing to Pitbull's Plant Pitbull who is much more happy than the OCD Head-Fier in his late 40s changing powercords to his 100K system in the middle of the night and not getting anything to sound right.
The kid with the Beats thinks everything is right. It is right in his perception. Which headphone you end up having is really not 100% important to enjoying music. The perception of music is a mental thing not totally dependent on equipment or the lack there of. There is no best headphone.post #13 of 479/28/11 at 3:10amThread StarterQuote:
Haha, just post your choice of source then :)
Seems like the 009s are winning but the LCD 2.2s are pretty darn close. Btw, this thread is just for fun, so just vote for your favourites, Im pretty sure almost no one has owned or even tried all the listed headphones.post #14 of 479/28/11 at 4:38am
Given how much I've come to enjoy these vintage Stax Lambdas, the SR-009 would be the logical progression for me (if money wasn't a problem).
Since amp/source can be anything, just hand me a BHSE and a top-of-the-line desktop computer with an X-Fi card (I need the gaming features) and some fancy external DAC that's as transparent as possible. One can dream, right?post #15 of 4710/16/11 at 11:55pmWell, any of my current setup. My portable is always with me, so it doesn't count. Oh yes, a GPS phone for calling for help will be better than a pair of headphones, IMO.
- The One Headphone you would take if you were stuck on an island (not limited to Audeze) :)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › The Stax Thread III 15 seconds ago
- › Fidelio X2 vs HD598 vs K712 24 seconds ago
- › Doubt about maximum impedance for my audio interface 32 seconds ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 50 seconds ago
- › Schiit Jotunheim Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 1 minute ago
- › MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 - $199 Dynamic Driver Flagship *Reviews 2nd... 1 minute ago
- › Three Word Story 2 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 3 minutes ago
- › Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz) 3 minutes ago
- › Cayin N5 DAP - Product Info (Post #2), Resources (Post #3) and... 3 minutes ago
- › iBasso IT03 by jon parker
- › Arcam irDAC-II - DAC, Headphone Amp, Bluetooth Streamer by crabdog
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by dubbcd
- › 1MORE iBFree Bluetooth In-Ear Headphones with Microphone and Remote... by dnun8086
- › AAW Nebula Two Hybrid In-Ear Monitor by peter123
- › Brainwavz Krudul Duo Earphone Storage Management System Hanger by FUYU
- › Panasonic sealed earphone high-res sound source Silver RP-HDE10-S by Ralphee
- › SMSL sApII TPA6120A2 Big Power High Fidelity Stereo Headphone... by richyboy
- › Alpha & Delta D2 by crabdog
- › Philips SHE3595WT/28 In-Ear Headset with Mic White by Prosie
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...