hi there, just looking for some advice. i've been using a pair of sony eggo mdr-d66sl for about 10+years and part of it finally broke, a piece of the headband... so i'm looking for some advice, first things is what is a good replacement for it? i've never been able to find something quite as portable, so far i've been thinking about the akg q460 but i'm not entire sure i like the super-aural thing rather than circum-aural. the second piece of advice i'm looking for is a way to either repair or replace the broken part on my eggos. it still works but one of the metal bands snapped and i'm just wondering if there's a way to order the part or repair it with soldering. thanks for any advice.
- productAKG Q460 Mini On Ear Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by System, 9/27/11
- productBEYER DYNAMIC DT231 Pro Stereo Studio Headphonestagged by System, 9/27/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/27/11
- productSony MDR-D66SLtagged by System, 9/27/11
- productSony MDR-ZX-700tagged by System, 9/27/11
Related Forum Threads
- Need more efficient full sized cans (K271 MKII good but not enough headroom) Last post on 9/15/11 at 12:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Can anyone recommend a good pair of headphones? Last post on 11/18/12 at 9:38am in Headphones (full-size)
- Dubstep Headphones!?! Last post on 11/18/12 at 10:21am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones under £90 Last post on 11/17/12 at 6:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
- need to choose between a few headphones Last post on 11/17/12 at 1:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Brainwavz have been around since 2008 and have been working on providing improved and more original products as time has gone on. If you are familiar with the last round of Brainwavz offerings it...
I bought the S version that has standard 3.5mm TRS unbalanced plug. I didn't want to use the balanced-to-unbalanced adaptor that comes with the non-S version because my players would not have...
“First in last out!” While the above makes for an excellent military motto, it really sucks for an audio component reviewer. I must sincerely apologize to Rock Jaw, Rockbob, and the folks waiting...
Just some brief notes and impressions since no one else has put one up yet. Nice compact form. The little rubber cone feet are useless though and start wearing out. Surprisingly lightweight...
After starting to review a few IEM's in the past week I decided to slip these babies back into my ears as a reference point for the other IEM's. After doing so for a few minutes I realized these...
my sony eggos finally broke
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 79/25/11 at 8:14am
funny looking headphones, I just googled them, Maybe looking for a generic headphone with similar way to attach the cups to the headband and change the whole headband.
the band has 2 metal pieces right, only one broke?post #3 of 79/25/11 at 8:56ampost #4 of 79/25/11 at 1:09pmThread Starterpost #5 of 79/25/11 at 1:33pmThread Starterpost #6 of 79/25/11 at 1:43pm
My Eggos still get very regular use, so practical on the move and a little Fiio E5 is a good companion for beefing up the bass. However I also recently bought a set of Beyerdynamic DT231's which sound so much better and I have started to use more and more but the Eggo's have such a nice form and tend to be the set chucked into the bag "just in case". Hope you get yours repaired and can enjoy them for a few more years.
AndyReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- my sony eggos finally broke
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2! 2 minutes ago
- › Fischer FA-011 Limited Edition for Sale. Tiama No 3/10. Mint... 3 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 3 minutes ago
- › LNIB HiFiMan HE-400 5 minutes ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 6 minutes ago
- › output impedance: continuously adjustable? 7 minutes ago
- › Frequencies, Hertz-es, Ohm-ses..tired of them ? Visit the FUN... 7 minutes ago
- › New Audeze LCD3 7 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 7 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by jant71
- › HiFiMAN RE-600 by Matias
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by HK_sends
- › Wadia 121 Decoding Computer Digital to Analog Converter by Armaegis
- › AKG X323XS by dweaver
- › Shure SE535LTD RED by hardbop
- › PSB M4U 2 Noise Canceling headphones by Mr_Owlow
- › VSONIC VSD3S Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo... by squallkiercosa
- › Eclipse TD-M1 by HideousPride
- › OSTRY KC06 High Fidelity Stereo Inner-Ear Earphones by twister6
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)