hi there, just looking for some advice. i've been using a pair of sony eggo mdr-d66sl for about 10+years and part of it finally broke, a piece of the headband... so i'm looking for some advice, first things is what is a good replacement for it? i've never been able to find something quite as portable, so far i've been thinking about the akg q460 but i'm not entire sure i like the super-aural thing rather than circum-aural. the second piece of advice i'm looking for is a way to either repair or replace the broken part on my eggos. it still works but one of the metal bands snapped and i'm just wondering if there's a way to order the part or repair it with soldering. thanks for any advice.
- productAKG Q460 Mini On Ear Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by System, 9/27/11
- productBEYER DYNAMIC DT231 Pro Stereo Studio Headphonestagged by System, 9/27/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/27/11
- productSony MDR-D66SLtagged by System, 9/27/11
- productSony MDR-ZX-700tagged by System, 9/27/11
Related Forum Threads
- Need more efficient full sized cans (K271 MKII good but not enough headroom) Last post on 9/15/11 at 12:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Can anyone recommend a good pair of headphones? Last post on 11/18/12 at 9:38am in Headphones (full-size)
- Dubstep Headphones!?! Last post on 11/18/12 at 10:21am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones under £90 Last post on 11/17/12 at 6:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
- need to choose between a few headphones Last post on 11/17/12 at 1:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I want to thank the MezeTeam over at Head Fi for allowing me the chance to review the 99 Classics as part of their Tour. You can purchase the 99 Classics in three colors right from their...
Disclaimer: I received this earphone for free from the manufacturers. I did my best not to let that color my opinion on the product, but my impressions may not be entirely without bias. Shozy...
Introduction: The Effect Audio is a Singapore brand that is known by some famous aftermarket cables. They offer Ares and Thor series headphone/IEM cables as well as Piccolino Ultimate and Eros...
Here is my review for the Brainwavz BLU-200 Bluetooth earphones. I must say that I really like and respect the Brainwavz brand and that they deserve attention with their high quality/budget...
Hello Fellow Headfiers, I own this DAC for atleast 7 months now and so I thought I would make a review cuz I'm planning to sell this :) (which I'll tell you why at the end of this review). I...
my sony eggos finally broke
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 79/25/11 at 8:14am
funny looking headphones, I just googled them, Maybe looking for a generic headphone with similar way to attach the cups to the headband and change the whole headband.
the band has 2 metal pieces right, only one broke?post #3 of 79/25/11 at 8:56ampost #4 of 79/25/11 at 1:09pmThread Starterpost #5 of 79/25/11 at 1:33pmThread Starterpost #6 of 79/25/11 at 1:43pm
My Eggos still get very regular use, so practical on the move and a little Fiio E5 is a good companion for beefing up the bass. However I also recently bought a set of Beyerdynamic DT231's which sound so much better and I have started to use more and more but the Eggo's have such a nice form and tend to be the set chucked into the bag "just in case". Hope you get yours repaired and can enjoy them for a few more years.
AndyReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- my sony eggos finally broke
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Band Name Game II 32 seconds ago
- › Unique Melody Mentor debut in Tokyo e-earphone festival 1 minute ago
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › iFi iPurifier 2 - Reviews, Impressions and Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 1 minute ago
- › Norne Draug v2 Dark Grey / Black for HD800 1.5 meter length 2 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova 3 minutes ago
- › Meze 99 Classics by Mshenay
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by C.C.S.
- › Effect Audio Leonidas by MikePortnoy
- › Brainwavz BLU-200 by DynamikeB
- › Marantz HD- DAC1High Definition USB DAC / Headphone Amp by Gamergtx260
- › Fidue A91 Sirius by flinkenick
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by getclikinagas
- › Yulong U100 by Spork67
- › Schiit Audio Bifrost DAC by bosiemoncrieff
- › AudioMinor Headphone Cables by flinkenick
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...