hi there, just looking for some advice. i've been using a pair of sony eggo mdr-d66sl for about 10+years and part of it finally broke, a piece of the headband... so i'm looking for some advice, first things is what is a good replacement for it? i've never been able to find something quite as portable, so far i've been thinking about the akg q460 but i'm not entire sure i like the super-aural thing rather than circum-aural. the second piece of advice i'm looking for is a way to either repair or replace the broken part on my eggos. it still works but one of the metal bands snapped and i'm just wondering if there's a way to order the part or repair it with soldering. thanks for any advice.
- productAKG Q460 Mini On Ear Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by System, 9/27/11
- productBEYER DYNAMIC DT231 Pro Stereo Studio Headphonestagged by System, 9/27/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/27/11
- productSony MDR-D66SLtagged by System, 9/27/11
- productSony MDR-ZX-700tagged by System, 9/27/11
Related Forum Threads
- Need more efficient full sized cans (K271 MKII good but not enough headroom) Last post on 9/15/11 at 12:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Can anyone recommend a good pair of headphones? Last post on 11/18/12 at 9:38am in Headphones (full-size)
- Dubstep Headphones!?! Last post on 11/18/12 at 10:21am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones under £90 Last post on 11/17/12 at 6:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
- need to choose between a few headphones Last post on 11/17/12 at 1:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Background It’s safe to say that Massdrop has played a decent role in both introducing new products to the headphone community while highlighting others through their group-purchase...
Introduction – The original d900 from Syllable made quite a splash when it first arrived on the market. It was one of the very first fully wireless earphones ever produced. Furthermore, it was...
The Fiio E12A Mont Blanc portable headphone amplifier is a great amp for IEM's and earbuds. The sound signature is slightly on the warm side, and presents a much fuller sound and wider...
**Disclaimer: I received the M3 from FiiO in return for my honest review** I have been watching FiiO's product line-up for quite some time. I've played with the X1 DAP owned by a friend and...
At the time this review was written the iBasso D14 Bushmaster DAC/Amplifier was for sale on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to iBasso’s product page display, and also a listing on Penon...
my sony eggos finally broke
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 79/25/11 at 8:14am
funny looking headphones, I just googled them, Maybe looking for a generic headphone with similar way to attach the cups to the headband and change the whole headband.
the band has 2 metal pieces right, only one broke?post #3 of 79/25/11 at 8:56ampost #4 of 79/25/11 at 1:09pmThread Starterpost #5 of 79/25/11 at 1:33pmThread Starterpost #6 of 79/25/11 at 1:43pm
My Eggos still get very regular use, so practical on the move and a little Fiio E5 is a good companion for beefing up the bass. However I also recently bought a set of Beyerdynamic DT231's which sound so much better and I have started to use more and more but the Eggo's have such a nice form and tend to be the set chucked into the bag "just in case". Hope you get yours repaired and can enjoy them for a few more years.
AndyReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- my sony eggos finally broke
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Audeze LCD-4 1 minute ago
- › What amplifier to get around 100 dollars? 1 minute ago
- › ifI iCan Pro - Impressions & Discussion 2 minutes ago
- › Looking for the right music gear 3 minutes ago
- › Happy as a Pig in Schiit: Introducing Modi Multibit 3 minutes ago
- › Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz) 4 minutes ago
- › Double Helix Cables Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 6 minutes ago
- › Need reccomendation on closed back headphones 6 minutes ago
- › JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › AKG K7XX by Aornic
- › SYLLABLE D900S Mini Wireless Bluetooth Earphone Waterproof... by ryanjsoo
- › FiiO E12A Mont Blanc Portable Headphone Amplifier for IEM Special... by Tayyab Pirzada
- › FiiO M3 - Digital Portable Music Player by Levistras
- › iBasso Audio D14 "Bushmaster" by Hisoundfi
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player by David Thomson
- › Audio-Technica ATH-A900LTD by Heepaholic
- › Sennheiser HD 800 Headphones by Jeremypsp
- › Fidue A91 Sirius by twister6
- › LZ-A2S by peter123
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...