hi there, just looking for some advice. i've been using a pair of sony eggo mdr-d66sl for about 10+years and part of it finally broke, a piece of the headband... so i'm looking for some advice, first things is what is a good replacement for it? i've never been able to find something quite as portable, so far i've been thinking about the akg q460 but i'm not entire sure i like the super-aural thing rather than circum-aural. the second piece of advice i'm looking for is a way to either repair or replace the broken part on my eggos. it still works but one of the metal bands snapped and i'm just wondering if there's a way to order the part or repair it with soldering. thanks for any advice.
- productAKG Q460 Mini On Ear Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by System, 9/27/11
- productBEYER DYNAMIC DT231 Pro Stereo Studio Headphonestagged by System, 9/27/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/27/11
- productSony MDR-D66SLtagged by System, 9/27/11
- productSony MDR-ZX-700tagged by System, 9/27/11
Related Forum Threads
- Need more efficient full sized cans (K271 MKII good but not enough headroom) Last post on 9/15/11 at 12:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Can anyone recommend a good pair of headphones? Last post on 11/18/12 at 9:38am in Headphones (full-size)
- Dubstep Headphones!?! Last post on 11/18/12 at 10:21am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones under £90 Last post on 11/17/12 at 6:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
- need to choose between a few headphones Last post on 11/17/12 at 1:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
HiFiMAN RE-300h Review with RE-400 comparisons and comments Disclaimer: The following review is my subjective assessment of the headphone. I am in no way affiliated with HiFiMAN nor am I...
Sorry for no actual review as i have just got into audio recently and this is my first pair or good headphones. But even i could tell there was alot of sub bass not loud but its definitely...
Ever since picking these IEMs up, they have been my go-to pair for almost every genre of music. They provide a great balance of neutrality paired with extremely forward and lush mids which do not...
This is a very impressive can for less than 1000.00! If this was a 1300-1500.00 can, I wouldn't say it was overpriced. Especially given what some of the audeze and hd800 cost. Now I wouldn't say...
Hello Head-Fi It's been a while since I've participated here since I more or less found my end game and now I only have the urge to change my music player. Today I'll be writing about the AKG...
my sony eggos finally broke
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 79/25/11 at 8:14am
funny looking headphones, I just googled them, Maybe looking for a generic headphone with similar way to attach the cups to the headband and change the whole headband.
the band has 2 metal pieces right, only one broke?post #3 of 79/25/11 at 8:56ampost #4 of 79/25/11 at 1:09pmThread Starterpost #5 of 79/25/11 at 1:33pmThread Starterpost #6 of 79/25/11 at 1:43pm
My Eggos still get very regular use, so practical on the move and a little Fiio E5 is a good companion for beefing up the bass. However I also recently bought a set of Beyerdynamic DT231's which sound so much better and I have started to use more and more but the Eggo's have such a nice form and tend to be the set chucked into the bag "just in case". Hope you get yours repaired and can enjoy them for a few more years.
AndyReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- my sony eggos finally broke
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Sony CD3000 Appreciation Thread 11 seconds ago
- › Gustard U12 USB Interface 8 Core XMOS chip 1 minute ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 2 minutes ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 3 minutes ago
- › Thinksound Rain2 to pour in ears soon: Impressions and Discussions... 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 4 minutes ago
- › FS: Special Edition Bottlehead Crack with Speedball Upgrade 4 minutes ago
- › iPhone 6 (& Plus) & iOS 8 Sound Quality Discussion 4 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 5 minutes ago
- › HIFIMAN RE300h Earphone - Audiophile Earbud by conquerator2
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by Donnyboy98
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by cuiter23
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by moodyrn
- › AKG K551 Closed-Back Reference Class Headset with Mic (Black/Silver) by GL1TCH3D
- › JVC HAM55X High Quality Xtreme-Xplosvs Headphones by Thoft208
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by musikaladin
- › beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphones by rigodeni
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Zalithian
- › Sennheiser PX 95 Versatile On-Ear Headphones by inline79
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)