hi there, just looking for some advice. i've been using a pair of sony eggo mdr-d66sl for about 10+years and part of it finally broke, a piece of the headband... so i'm looking for some advice, first things is what is a good replacement for it? i've never been able to find something quite as portable, so far i've been thinking about the akg q460 but i'm not entire sure i like the super-aural thing rather than circum-aural. the second piece of advice i'm looking for is a way to either repair or replace the broken part on my eggos. it still works but one of the metal bands snapped and i'm just wondering if there's a way to order the part or repair it with soldering. thanks for any advice.
- productAKG Q460 Mini On Ear Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by System, 9/27/11
- productBEYER DYNAMIC DT231 Pro Stereo Studio Headphonestagged by System, 9/27/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/27/11
- productSony MDR-D66SLtagged by System, 9/27/11
- productSony MDR-ZX-700tagged by System, 9/27/11
Related Forum Threads
- Need more efficient full sized cans (K271 MKII good but not enough headroom) Last post on 9/15/11 at 12:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Can anyone recommend a good pair of headphones? Last post on 11/18/12 at 9:38am in Headphones (full-size)
- Dubstep Headphones!?! Last post on 11/18/12 at 10:21am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones under £90 Last post on 11/17/12 at 6:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
- need to choose between a few headphones Last post on 11/17/12 at 1:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 8/6/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Intro When it comes to the world of PC audio, Creative Labs is a brand well known. For nearly 35 years Creative has been an industry leader in digital multimedia technology and innovation....
I have had my AK380 for over a month now and its time to post a review Before I had the AK380 I had an NW-ZX2 for 6 months, an AK240 for nearly two years and the AK120 before that, so yes, I...
I have tried the JBL Synchros line of s300, s500, and s700. As it turns out, the low end model sounds the best to me. These are on ear design, cups are about 3 inches wide. Headband and yokes are...
These are easy to use and pair quickly with your device. The sound quality - lows, mids, and highs are excellent provided a good seal with the ear. Good bluetooth range, battery life, and comfort....
USED Shure E5, 425, 535 EX1000 is a good start to have a taste of pro sound. Islation is not that good when music isnt playing.
my sony eggos finally broke
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 79/25/11 at 8:14am
funny looking headphones, I just googled them, Maybe looking for a generic headphone with similar way to attach the cups to the headband and change the whole headband.
the band has 2 metal pieces right, only one broke?post #3 of 79/25/11 at 8:56ampost #4 of 79/25/11 at 1:09pmThread Starterpost #5 of 79/25/11 at 1:33pmThread Starterpost #6 of 79/25/11 at 1:43pm
My Eggos still get very regular use, so practical on the move and a little Fiio E5 is a good companion for beefing up the bass. However I also recently bought a set of Beyerdynamic DT231's which sound so much better and I have started to use more and more but the Eggo's have such a nice form and tend to be the set chucked into the bag "just in case". Hope you get yours repaired and can enjoy them for a few more years.
AndyReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- my sony eggos finally broke
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 1 minute ago
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 1 minute ago
- › Is there really such a thing as a non - colored headphone ( are the... 1 minute ago
- › New Sony EX450 and EX650. 2 minutes ago
- › ***NEW*** Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp??? 2 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 2 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 3 minutes ago
- › DIY Cable Gallery!! 3 minutes ago
- › JH Audio Angie Impressions and Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by Bansaku
- › Astell&Kern AK380 Ultimate High Fidelity Portable Music Player by piercer
- › JBL Synchros S300 Premium On-Ear Stereo Headphones by ourfpshero
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by Mark231
- › Sony MDR EX1000 by dubbcd
- › Cypher Labs Algorhythm Picollo by dubbcd
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by dubbcd
- › HiFimeDIY Sabre USB DAC 2 (External PSU) by BloodyPenguin
- › KZ ED9 Tunning Nozzles In-Ear Headphones by Reinoud1963
- › Sony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphones by Chu
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2