Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › ** Confessions of a Failing Audiophile ** - I hated the LCD2
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

** Confessions of a Failing Audiophile ** - I hated the LCD2 - Page 41  

post #601 of 631



 

Quote:
Originally Posted by swbf2cheater View Post

It is ALL Hype.  If there were no Hype, there would be no Head Fi.  Value ends when you ignore the fact that you just paid near a grand for poor build quality, excessive need for amplification in the current age, poorly design overall and a failure to be acceptable for listening to multiple genres.   Where did the common sense go?  Nobody should have to explain any of that to anyone.  All Hobbyists will defend their gear to the death no matter how silly it is.

Nobody is wrong in doing so, if you love it, screw everyone else.

 



That is where your value ends.  You say nobody is wrong, (even though you continually strive to be "right") I disagree with you.  I think you are very wrong.  Not wrong because you don't value plus $1000 headphones, WRONG because you keep stating that everyone else shouldn't either, and that they just won't/can't admit it.  My $1000 plus headphones (ED8 and T1) have superb build quality, are extremely well designed and fit for purpose, and both perform very well with most genres, better than any other headphones I have owned.  I don't think $1000 is either excessive or expensive for something that I enjoy and use everyday, so from my value point of view you are clearly wrong.  I understand diminishing returns and each person has to make their own judgment on where that takes them with almost everything in life, from products to entertainment.  The one thing I agree with you on, is that I don't feel the need to justify or defend my purchases to anyone; I simply wanted to point out to you that we don't all share the same perspective or value position.  If you think that means I have no common sense then so be it, but again we would disagree.

 

"All hobbyists will defend their gear to the death no matter how silly it is", who determines what is silly?  You??????


Edited by Kernmac - 10/30/11 at 10:46pm
post #602 of 631
Thread Starter 

You literally asked me a question and blasted me for answering it.  No matter how many times you assume something, twist my words or boast that your view is basically GOD compared to mine I can only just say what I have said since day 1

 

To each his own, don't let anyone sway you from what you love. I would love to see the quote of my own that said the Beyer T1 had poor construction.  In case you didn't know, the Edition 8 squeaks a hell of a lot, the Ruth scratches when you breathe on it and the earpads are nowhere near reflective of $1500+.  

 

 

ZOMG I LOOK AMAZINGGG, this thing on my head isn't at all silly!

 

zvvkwg.jpg


You views are 100% subjective, they are not law.  You are not GOD.  You cannot expect me to take your reply seriously after you bash me for answering your question.  There are hoards of users in this topic alone that proclaim I have stated I cannot accept anyone elses view or that everyone else is wrong and I am right.  All of these users are delusional as there are hoards of quotes near by that disprove your theory and what you brandish as something factual that I have said ( that I really didnt )

 

If anyone cannot accept views, its you.  You cannot accept mine and have made that clear that my view is just incredibly wrong and yours is 100% correct.  I can't help but to giggle.  The sheer amount of fanboyism and egoism here is astronomical, you can wear car tires duct taped to your face and odds are good a few will say WOW ITS SO COMFY EVEN AT 400g :P

 

No bro, you are right.  Absolutely right...the need for excessive power, giant and poor build quality, the need for replacement parts from 3rd party companies, the lack of caring enough to include removable earpads and most importantly gear that is not well rounded...mmhmmm...not at all silly.  Not even a little 

 

 

 

Edited by swbf2cheater - 10/30/11 at 11:04pm
post #603 of 631

I posed a direct question to Kanashimu, to which he responded (check the thread).  I posed no question to you at all, until you came in with more of your repetitive drama.  I think that your narcissistic traits simply lead you to believe it is all about you, but it isn’t.

I don’t know why I replied to your post after that though, silly me.  This is the last time I will make that mistake.



 

Quote:
Originally Posted by swbf2cheater View Post

You literally asked me a question and blasted me for answering it.  

 


Edited by Kernmac - 10/30/11 at 11:30pm
post #604 of 631
Quote:
Originally Posted by swbf2cheater View Post

You literally asked me a question and blasted me for answering it.  No matter how many times you assume something, twist my words or boast that your view is basically GOD compared to mine I can only just say what I have said since day 1

 

To each his own, don't let anyone sway you from what you love. I would love to see the quote of my own that said the Beyer T1 had poor construction.  In case you didn't know, the Edition 8 squeaks a hell of a lot, the Ruth scratches when you breathe on it and the earpads are nowhere near reflective of $1500+.  

 


You views are 100% subjective, they are not law.  You are not GOD.  You cannot expect me to take your reply seriously after you bash me for answering your question.  There are hoards of users in this topic alone that proclaim I have stated I cannot accept anyone elses view or that everyone else is wrong and I am right.  All of these users are delusional as there are hoards of quotes near by that disprove your theory and what you brandish as something factual that I have said ( that I really didnt )

 

If anyone cannot accept views, its you.  You cannot accept mine and have made that clear that my view is just incredibly wrong and yours is 100% correct.  I can't help but to giggle.  The sheer amount of fanboyism and egoism here is astronomical, you can wear car tires duct taped to your face and odds are good a few will say WOW ITS SO COMFY EVEN AT 400g :P

 

No bro, you are right.  Absolutely right...the need for excessive power, giant and poor build quality, the need for replacement parts from 3rd party companies, the lack of caring enough to include removable earpads and most importantly gear that is not well rounded...mmhmmm...not at all silly.  Not even a little 

 

 


After reading through several of your posts filled with condescending ********, I feel the need to address your obvious contradictions and horrible attitude. You've gone on and on throughout the topic about how anyone who wears full sized headphones is in denial because earplugs are more comfortable. At the same time, often in the same paragraph or even in the sentence following the one in which you called people who wear headphones silly, you say not to let anyone sway one's opinions. There's the first, the most glaring, and the most absurd contradiction in your logic. How can you possibly tell someone that earplugs are superior to headphones based on your opinion? I literally laughed aloud when I read the post I quoted. After getting called out multiple times on your seemingly "infallible logic", you decided to attack someone for disagreeing with you.

 

These are the facts. Full sized headphones are heavier than earplugs. These same headphones are meant to be placed on, or around your ears, while earplugs are meant to be placed inside of your ears. Here's another fact. You believe that these heavier headphones are uncomfortable. You believe that earplugs are more comfortable. The following is not a fact. Headphones are less comfortable than earplugs.

 

Do you see where I'm going with this? You have an opinion, and that opinion is that headphones are uncomfortable compared to earplugs. You're entitled to that, and that's perfectly okay. What you aren't entitled to, is projecting that opinion on the entire planet, and assuming that your opinion is, indeed, fact. The thing is, you believe it as fact. We all can see that you believe it as fact. Do you want to know how? We know because you've written several times implying that people who prefer full sized headphones are somehow delusional.

 

Do you want to know something else? To be honest, I don't care if you want to know -- I'm telling you anyway. I hate Family Guy. You obviously don't, and I'm fine with that. You're entitled to your opinion, and I'm entitled to mine. If I then went on to say this, "Watching an animated television show isn't childish at all! No, not at all! HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH", would that be appropriate? What do you think that's implying?

 

Now do a double take. Do you see how what I just said is the exact same thing you said about full sized headphones? OH NO! That can't possibly be true. You better change the subject and tell me I think I'm God. That way, you get to project your nonsensical logic onto someone else. That way, you don't have to look into the mirror.

 

I'll share a short story with you to help you more easily understand my point. When I got my first portable CD player, I got a pair of Sony headphones that wrapped around my head. I enjoyed the way they felt, and found them to be "the most comfortable thing on Earth". My sister, who also got a portable CD player around the same time, hated them. She told me I was an idiot for wearing those. Even then I was able to point out nonsensical logic. She didn't like them, but that didn't entitle her to pass judgment on me. Because you have mentioned God, and demons several times, I feel the need to also point out that passing judgment on someone else for their preferences isn't exactly a good thing to do.

 

Another thing I want to help you understand is that neither I, nor anyone else who has been trying to say the same thing to you, is trying to bash you or tell you that you're wrong for thinking that earplugs are more comfortable than full sized headphones -- because you aren't wrong. Subjective preferences such as favorable headphone types, preferred drinks, musical taste, and to touch on the first post that tried to point this out to you, glasses or contacts. Your preference is valid. Your idea that your preference is fact is not.

 

By the way, every single person you've accused of bashing you in this thread has just been trying to do the same thing I'm doing. We're trying to help you open your mind a little bit. There's a difference between being jaded and delusional. You're clearly delusional if you think that 99% of the world prefers earbuds over headphones. I for one hate earbuds, not because I'm in denial. I've hated them since I first tried to use a pair. They hurt my ears. I've tried several different kinds of buds and in-ear monitors, and I've found all of them to be uncomfortable. I love full sized headphones, and I don't care about how they look on my head. This isn't fashion.

 

Now, I'd love to stay in the topic and point out the probably hundreds of other instances in which you contradicted yourself, but I can't be bothered. I spoke my mind, and everything I've stated in this post is fact. It's all true, which I can't possibly say about any of your posts. You can tell me I'm in denial if you want, but there's only one person in this topic that's truly in denial.

 

I actually have to tell you one more thing. If you truly believe the statement that no one's preferences are wrong, then please... PLEASE... Practice what you preach. Stop writing about how silly full sized headphones are. Stop being so dramatic. But I guess it can't be helped. After all, you watch Family Guy. wink.gif

 

(The last two sentences had two purposes -- one to serve as a joke, and one to further prove my point that what you're saying is wrong.)


Edited by MisterDeadeye - 10/30/11 at 11:54pm
post #605 of 631
Quote:
Originally Posted by swbf2cheater View Post

 

 

nar·cis·sism

 [nahr-suh-siz-em] dictionary_questionbutton_default.gif Show IPA
noun
1.
inordinate fascination with oneself; excessive self-love;vanity.

 



Yep.  Got it in one.  Totally self absorbed.

 

"To the extent that people are pathologically narcissistic, they can be controlling, blaming, self-absorbed, intolerant of others’ views, unaware of others' needs and of the effects of their behavior on others, and insistent that others see them as they wish to be seen."

 

 

 

 

Originally Posted by swbf2cheater 

To each his own, don't let anyone sway you from what you love. I would love to see the quote of my own that said the Beyer T1 had poor construction.  In case you didn't know, the Edition 8 squeaks a hell of a lot, the Ruth scratches when you breathe on it and the earpads are nowhere near reflective of $1500+.

 

Can't you see that you regularly state "to each his own" and then go on to explain why the person's view is incorrect?  My ED8 doesn't squeak, it ain't scratched, the earpads are the best leather quality I have seen on a headphone and the Beyer T1 is simply superbly constructed.  This is my view, I realise it is different to your view, we do not agree.  That doesn't mean I am saying that your view is wrong.  I am saying you are wrong in assuming that your view is fact.  And you keep saying it (same contex differnt theme) generally directly after you state "to each his own."

 

You simply can't see the forrest, for the trees.

 

Now I promise not to reply further.


Edited by Kernmac - 10/31/11 at 2:56am
post #606 of 631
Quote:
Originally Posted by swbf2cheater View Post

  All Hobbyists will defend their gear to the death no matter how silly it is.

Nobody is wrong in doing so, if you love it, screw everyone else.

 



Here again, is another place I don't see eye-to-eye with you...not surprisingly, and that's just fine. No, there's certainly no need to defend anything so banal as a pair of headphones, or any stuff you happen to own for that matter.  Certainly not all hobbyists will do so.  I actually don't know many who feel the need to do that.  It's just stuff and really means absolutely nothing in the scheme of things.  We're lucky to have it and to enjoy it, but it's just stuff.  It's not your best friend, your family, your neighbor, your health and well being.  It's an object.  It's just stuff. 

 

If you love it, enjoy it...it's as simple as that.  There is really no need to screw anyone else, disregard, disrespect or be rude to anyone else, or assume you have all the answers and that your own preferences and opinion are some sort of standard for anyone but yourself.  In fact the enthusiasm can be pretty contagious... to have a conversation with someone who really enjoys life (and their passions), regardless of whether or not you happen to agree with all of them.   Your opinion is your own, and sharing constructive criticism is one thing - where we diverge is in your willingness to hop up on a soapbox  offering up a simple individual opinion, in overly dramatic hyperbole as if it were earth-shattering evidence others ought to take heed of.  Your willingness to translate your opinions into disparaging remarks about a product, a company, and or the inference towards the individuals who market the product, is something you might want to look at, as I think others before me have pointed out in not so many words.  The inference that others are being taken advantage of, or are ignorant in their choices.....well, it leaves me wondering; does all this work for you?  I'd suggest you choose your words more carefully.  Yours is only one opinion. Not that it's invalid, its just there are plenty of others out there that are just as valid that deserve more respect than your words seem to offer.  

post #607 of 631

I wish Head-Fi posters had a sense of humor.smile.gif

post #608 of 631
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbophead View Post

I wish Head-Fi posters had a sense of humor.smile.gif


Now this is funny!

post #609 of 631

I wish some of you realized that the OP is playing you.

 

I can assure you he's off somewhere else on "another" board having a good laugh.

post #610 of 631


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbophead View Post

I wish Head-Fi posters had a sense of humor.smile.gif



Yeah!  How can we take a guy who cheats at Star Wars Battlefront 2 seriously?wink_face.gif

 

By the way cAsE sEnSiTiVe, that is a sweet looking setup you've got there in your avatar.  Do you still have the K1000?


Edited by Digital-Pride - 10/31/11 at 11:35am
post #611 of 631
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cAsE sEnSiTiVe View Post

I wish some of you realized that the OP is playing you.

 

I can assure you he's off somewhere else on "another" board having a good laugh.



Definitely laughing. If some users don't like it, they should stop asking me for my view and immediately bashing me for not agreeing. :)  These users aren't GOD and are not qualified to judge my views as incorrect or not. I don't ask you for your views, I don't care in the slightest for them, thats why I say to hell with everyone elses view, follow your own and listen to yourself instead of others. Follow YOUR HEART, not mine. I have yet to call anyones views flat out WRONG.   I don't ask you for your views, most posts here are snobbish "Oh ya, well I think you are wrong in this or that." and I end up replying to them.  Then these users throw a hissy fit tantrum because my reply wasn't nice enough or to their liking.  

 

Don't hate on me because I have the stones to retaliate against any of you and could care less about being humbled.  I don't fancy sitting down while some users flat out lie about what I've said, call me some names and promote their view as absolute truth and mine as wrong.  This topic is a breeding ground for those who cannot read and are assuming what the user posted above them is factual or reflective of my own view.  The sheer amount of fear around here is staggering :)  

 

If you don't want me to post here anymore or remove the topic, just ask and I'll do so.  

 

 

 


Edited by swbf2cheater - 10/31/11 at 11:59am
post #612 of 631
Quote:
Originally Posted by swbf2cheater View Post

All Hobbyists will defend their gear to the death no matter how silly it is.


^Quote of the day. Actually, switch the word "All hobbyists" into "every human that breathes" and the statement becomes 95% true. beerchug.gif

 

post #613 of 631
Quote:

Originally Posted by swbf2cheater View Post

 

I don't ask you for your views, I don't care in the slightest for them, . . .


Then why start a thread in a public forum? confused.gif  Is the thread to consist only of your posts?  Only your view?  Hint: This is what a private journal is for.

 

Quote:
If you don't want me to post here anymore or remove the topic, just ask and I'll do so.

 

I'll bite.  Both.  Please.

 

(Remember not to bother to PM me.  I delete anything from you upon receipt, without reading it.  I'm not interested in your vile invective.)

post #614 of 631
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapiti View Post


Then why start a thread in a public forum? confused.gif  Is the thread to consist only of your posts?  Only your view?  Hint: This is what a private journal is for.

 

 

I'll bite.  Both.  Please.

 

(Remember not to bother to PM me.  I delete anything from you upon receipt, without reading it.  I'm not interested in your vile invective.)


The thread ballooned into a viper pit due to users like you who are known trolls and have had many of their posts removed in other threads.  The thread started as my view alone and turned into a Snobs paradise, a place for tons of users to misquote me and tell me how wrong I am because my views do not reflect their own.  

 

Oh ya, and you are right, Nikp.  I apologize heavily for that, what a terribly choice of words I used...  I need to be forgiven for assuming anyone who loves something a lot will not defend it.  Please forgive me, I am a lowly mortal.  :)

 

post #615 of 631
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital-Pride View Post


 



 

 

By the way cAsE sEnSiTiVe, that is a sweet looking setup you've got there in your avatar.  Do you still have the K1000?



That is my amp in the picture, but not my K1000's. The closest I've come to owning those was a friend that owned a pair and would come over periodically for a listening session.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › ** Confessions of a Failing Audiophile ** - I hated the LCD2