I see these pictures of portable amps hooked up to ipod classics using things that look like the livestrong bracelets, and I want to know what kind of amp best fits me. I am getting the Sennheiser HD 600s, and am willing to pay around 150, maybe 200 dollars on my first headphone amp. I know with the HD 600s you are supposed to get a really nice amp, but this is my first one and I want to start off a little bit smaller. Any suggestions?
Related Forum Threads
- Can the E7 power the HD 600 at all better than just listening straight through my iPhone? Last post on 9/17/11 at 2:51pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Headphone Match for The SR-71b Last post on 8/17/11 at 3:59pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Is it my ears?! :-p (amp differences) Last post on 8/1/11 at 9:51am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Headphones for Fiio E7 + E9 Last post on 6/14/11 at 4:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Portable amp for LCD2 Last post on 5/12/14 at 7:39pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I like to mod…yes, I am one of those head-fiers. My specific area of interest is Grados, and wooden cups for them. I delight in sourcing cups, finding the drivers, and transforming a prosaic...
The Korean company really needs no introduction at this point. They have proven themselves as a capable IEM maker with a series of top of the line hybrid as well as some good sound yet budget...
These iems are better than some entry levels (Shure 215/ hifiman RE0/ RE 400/ Sennheiser CX300) with a wider soundstage due to the 13mm dynamic driver , however need serious burn in for at least 50...
First, I’d like to thank the folks at Narmoo for providing a sample of their R1M earphones for review. In recent years, the IEM market has sort of exploded, seeing a number of established...
I work with Trance music most ... Before The New released update 3.0 for the thing i wasn't really satisfied with its quality of sound in trance ...but the update Changed everything ,EVERYthing...
Portable amp for ipod classic + Sennheiser HD 600?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 199/24/11 at 2:05pmpost #3 of 199/24/11 at 2:22pmThread Starterpost #4 of 199/24/11 at 2:30pm
I don't really know much about portable amps (so think of this as a free bump) but look at ibassos although I don't know if they make any that would be all that great with the HD600. I have seen people recommending tubes for the HD600 so a portable may not be enough.post #5 of 199/24/11 at 2:44pm
SR71 is out of your price range new, but I have occasionally seen these go for a song at Audiogon. SR71, Stepdance , i-Qube and amps of that ilk are the only portables worth considering for HD600's. Still far from ideal, especially since these are not prototypical portable 'phones.post #6 of 199/24/11 at 4:00pmpost #7 of 199/24/11 at 4:04pmpost #8 of 199/24/11 at 6:53pmpost #9 of 199/24/11 at 8:20pmpost #10 of 199/25/11 at 2:54am
I also have the HD600 and went for the Vivid Technologies V1 as my first amp. I'm not expert but am very happy with the combo, would also recommend getting the Fiio L9 LOD to go with the ipod.
HeadphoneAddict has a good write up about the little amppost #11 of 199/25/11 at 3:16ampost #12 of 1910/4/11 at 8:37ampost #13 of 1910/5/11 at 5:19ampost #14 of 1910/5/11 at 5:10pmpost #15 of 1910/5/11 at 5:17pm
Keep your eyes open for a pre-loved SR 71-A. I have seen these as low as $200 when they come up. One of a small handful of portable amps truly capable of doing justice to HD600's. I have heard of smaller RSA portables doing a good job but do not have first hand experience. SR 71-A is a slam dunk performance-wise.
Edited by Il Mostro - 10/5/11 at 5:18pm
- Portable amp for ipod classic + Sennheiser HD 600?
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Why are there so many high priced items for sale from Head Fi'ers... 14 seconds ago
- › Philips FIdelio X2?! 1 minute ago
- › Compelled to write! Mapleshade Power Strip 1 minute ago
- › REVIEW: Vivo Xplay 3S + XE800 Mobile audio perfection 1 minute ago
- › Please help me pick the right headphones 2 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Walkman NWZ F886 officialy announced!! [192khz/24bits] 2 minutes ago
- › Newbie (to headphones) waiting on new gear! 3 minutes ago
- › T-PEOS Altone200 - 3 - Way - Hybrid introduction / impressions -... 4 minutes ago
- › Rockbox is coming very soon to iBasso DX90 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by fleasbaby
- › T-Peos Altone200 by ClieOS
- › SONY MDR-XB30EX-B Black | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese... by francopro
- › NarMoo R1M High-Fidelity Noise Isolation Headphones with Mic by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by ash47
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by shak85
- › C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp by shak85
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by cel4145
- › TDK BA200 by Ch1Kn
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Xyrium
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)