I see these pictures of portable amps hooked up to ipod classics using things that look like the livestrong bracelets, and I want to know what kind of amp best fits me. I am getting the Sennheiser HD 600s, and am willing to pay around 150, maybe 200 dollars on my first headphone amp. I know with the HD 600s you are supposed to get a really nice amp, but this is my first one and I want to start off a little bit smaller. Any suggestions?
Related Forum Threads
- Can the E7 power the HD 600 at all better than just listening straight through my iPhone? Last post on 9/17/11 at 2:51pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Headphone Match for The SR-71b Last post on 8/17/11 at 3:59pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Is it my ears?! :-p (amp differences) Last post on 8/1/11 at 9:51am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Headphones for Fiio E7 + E9 Last post on 6/14/11 at 4:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Portable amp for LCD2 Last post on 1/22/14 at 6:48am in Portable Headphone Amps
Last edited: 8/18/12
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
So I finally broke my go to earbuds, and went searching for a replacement. I was actually so disappointed with these things that I made it a point to get out and put out a review. Bass continuously...
I was looking for closed headphones with a pricetag up to €200 that could be used without an amp. After some research and listening sessions I bought the M50x. There's really not a lot to say about...
If you look at my profile, I stay within a small range of products that have worked for my son and I. These include V-Moda, Westone, Audio Technica and Klipsch. Each have their own strenghts,...
I've had Mentor for nearly a month before selling it and JH16fp (first deciding to sell Mentor, then putting it on hold, then selling JH, then finally selling Mentor) and thought I'd share my...
When my 2 year old DBA02 mkii's lost left channel signal strength, I needed a replacement, pronto. I took note of some good sounding <$100 IEMs from |joker|'s list and headed off to the nearest...
Portable amp for ipod classic + Sennheiser HD 600?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 199/24/11 at 2:05pmpost #3 of 199/24/11 at 2:22pmThread Starterpost #4 of 199/24/11 at 2:30pm
I don't really know much about portable amps (so think of this as a free bump) but look at ibassos although I don't know if they make any that would be all that great with the HD600. I have seen people recommending tubes for the HD600 so a portable may not be enough.post #5 of 199/24/11 at 2:44pm
SR71 is out of your price range new, but I have occasionally seen these go for a song at Audiogon. SR71, Stepdance , i-Qube and amps of that ilk are the only portables worth considering for HD600's. Still far from ideal, especially since these are not prototypical portable 'phones.post #6 of 199/24/11 at 4:00pmpost #7 of 199/24/11 at 4:04pmpost #8 of 199/24/11 at 6:53pmpost #9 of 199/24/11 at 8:20pmpost #10 of 199/25/11 at 2:54am
I also have the HD600 and went for the Vivid Technologies V1 as my first amp. I'm not expert but am very happy with the combo, would also recommend getting the Fiio L9 LOD to go with the ipod.
HeadphoneAddict has a good write up about the little amppost #11 of 199/25/11 at 3:16ampost #12 of 1910/4/11 at 8:37ampost #13 of 1910/5/11 at 5:19ampost #14 of 1910/5/11 at 5:10pmpost #15 of 1910/5/11 at 5:17pm
Keep your eyes open for a pre-loved SR 71-A. I have seen these as low as $200 when they come up. One of a small handful of portable amps truly capable of doing justice to HD600's. I have heard of smaller RSA portables doing a good job but do not have first hand experience. SR 71-A is a slam dunk performance-wise.
Edited by Il Mostro - 10/5/11 at 5:18pm
- Portable amp for ipod classic + Sennheiser HD 600?
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Oyaide HPC-LL Portable Player-Headphone Amplifier Cable 0.15m ~ NEW 15 seconds ago
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 - HiFiman visit pg 18. IMGS pg 19. FW:1.084! pg. 1 34 seconds ago
- › The NEW WS99/WS77 PG 57.. 2 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 4 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Doppios! pg1197 !!.KEF... 4 minutes ago
- › Astrotec AX30, AX35 Hybrid IEMs Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › DT880 dac help 5 minutes ago
- › Orthodynamic Roundup 8 minutes ago
- › iFi Audio Nano iDSD announced 9 minutes ago
- › NCredible NErgy In-Ear Headphones by Monster® by tevbax
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by De_klusjesman
- › Klipsch S3M-Blue-HP In-Ear Headphone, Blue by DaddyMojo
- › Unique Melody Mentor acrylic universal/custom by svyr
- › Fischer Audio TBA-04 IEM by exsomnis
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › JVC Kenwood Victer stereo headphones HA-SZ2000 japan import by Hawaiibadboy
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude