I just ordered a k601 headband replacement for my k702's and I just wanted to clarify where exactly I'm suppose to pop off the CE cap. I know your suppose to insert a screwdriver into the notch below the CE logo but I wasn't sure if your suppose to break through the plastic covering the notch http://i.imgur.com/Rbef4.jpg. I read LuciferX's thread and his diagrams looked like you were suppose to insert it below the notch but I wasn't sure if he meant the CE log cap itself(red line) or under the clear plastic piece(blue line) http://i.imgur.com/Nmflf.jpg
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones + dac/amp help please Last post on 4/16/12 at 5:06am in Headphones (full-size)
- Changing cable for my AKG K702 - single sided Last post on 11/4/11 at 6:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone amp for AKG K601 Last post on 8/31/11 at 6:24pm in Headphones (full-size)
- headphone upgrade help! Last post on 8/24/11 at 10:25am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone recommendation Last post on 8/22/11 at 10:13am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
First I’d like to thank HiFiMAN for sending me their new HM-700 DAP and RE-400B (balanced version of the RE-400) bundle for me to review. I have always wondered about the balanced players that...
Foreword Chinese/HK headphone manufacturer Astrotec is known for its value-priced products (beginning with their lauded AM90), and they've stuck to their guns by pricing the AX35 (and its near...
When I bought these headphones about 2 months ago, I didn't expect much and I bought them without trying them out. It was an impulse buy to be honest, they were on a considerable discount and I...
I have had these now for a few months. I heard they had a very bass orientated sound but not so much that it ruins everything else. When i first purchased these i was a bit confused as to why they...
I bought a pair of HM5s about 6 months ago. They give you absolutely great sound for under $150 but I ran into a big problem. Both sides where the slider connects to the headphones started to...
k601 headband on k702
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 69/23/11 at 8:34pmThread Starter
Bit of an update I managed to remove the headband and if anyone was curious for future reference I used my finger nail to try and lift the clear plastic part (blue line) in order to squeeze a small screwdriver under there. The problem is now in LuciferX's guide he just skipped replacing the plastic clips that hold the rubber loops and just popped off the CE logo on the replacement but one of the plastic clips broke http://i.imgur.com/HDGLM.jpg when I was removing the headband and I have no ideal how your suppose to get to the other end of the rubber band. Any help would greatly be appreciated.
Edited by NivX - 9/25/11 at 4:20pmpost #3 of 69/28/11 at 10:16pmThread StarterI'm done now and again if anyone wanted to know for future reference this site tells you how http://www.headphone.com/rightbetweenyourears/?p=1365. Here's some pics as well if anyone cared what the k601 headband on a k702 looked like. Just be careful when you're taking off the side grills and try to apply downwards pressure where the hooks are as you turn it or else you'll end up destroying them like I did and have to order a new one :P It's not the prettiest but its a hell of a lot more comfortable.
Edited by NivX - 9/28/11 at 10:35pmpost #4 of 69/28/11 at 11:30pmpost #5 of 611/4/11 at 12:25pm
- k601 headband on k702
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Sennheiser HD650 Appreciation Thread!! 16 seconds ago
- › Q701 appreciation thread 57 seconds ago
- › The Basshead Club 1 minute ago
- › Westone Range Signatures 2 minutes ago
- › Headphone, Dac, and Amp Recommendation for Rock, Metal, and Blues 2 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 3 minutes ago
- › Should I get the V-Moda XS or M-100? 3 minutes ago
- › Yamaha EPH-100 3 minutes ago
- › Ever seen a pair of Sony MDR-CD3000s go for $60? 3 minutes ago
- › The DX90 by iBasso . . . please post your reviews and impressions.... 4 minutes ago
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › SOL Republic Tracks HD by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob