I just ordered a k601 headband replacement for my k702's and I just wanted to clarify where exactly I'm suppose to pop off the CE cap. I know your suppose to insert a screwdriver into the notch below the CE logo but I wasn't sure if your suppose to break through the plastic covering the notch http://i.imgur.com/Rbef4.jpg. I read LuciferX's thread and his diagrams looked like you were suppose to insert it below the notch but I wasn't sure if he meant the CE log cap itself(red line) or under the clear plastic piece(blue line) http://i.imgur.com/Nmflf.jpg
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones + dac/amp help please Last post on 4/16/12 at 5:06am in Headphones (full-size)
- Changing cable for my AKG K702 - single sided Last post on 11/4/11 at 6:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone amp for AKG K601 Last post on 8/31/11 at 6:24pm in Headphones (full-size)
- headphone upgrade help! Last post on 8/24/11 at 10:25am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone recommendation Last post on 8/22/11 at 10:13am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
thanks to it's overall sound quality, details are not even a problem with kdx200. you'll get back every detail you lost on cheaper models like Xiaomi Piston, Brainwavz M4-M5. and there's also some...
after M4 & Xiaomi Piston 2, i finally got a M5 to audition. i listened it for 2 days and here's my thoughts: soundstage is the same again. small in every aspect. bass, treble, vocals, mids...
These are great headphones I was turned onto from the forum. On this forum you have to assess who is enthusiastic about what. Generally, there is a difference between enthusiasm from novices...
Some Background: I’m currently 18 years old which as little as that matters to me seems to be interesting to many people in this community. I’ve always liked music... [[SPOILER]] . Prelude:I...
I Ventured to buy those headphones fater a massive discount in pre-christmas sales here in mexico, for $178 USD i consider them to be a great buy The construction of those cans seems to be...
k601 headband on k702
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 69/23/11 at 8:34pmThread Starter
Bit of an update I managed to remove the headband and if anyone was curious for future reference I used my finger nail to try and lift the clear plastic part (blue line) in order to squeeze a small screwdriver under there. The problem is now in LuciferX's guide he just skipped replacing the plastic clips that hold the rubber loops and just popped off the CE logo on the replacement but one of the plastic clips broke http://i.imgur.com/HDGLM.jpg when I was removing the headband and I have no ideal how your suppose to get to the other end of the rubber band. Any help would greatly be appreciated.
Edited by NivX - 9/25/11 at 4:20pmpost #3 of 69/28/11 at 10:16pmThread StarterI'm done now and again if anyone wanted to know for future reference this site tells you how http://www.headphone.com/rightbetweenyourears/?p=1365. Here's some pics as well if anyone cared what the k601 headband on a k702 looked like. Just be careful when you're taking off the side grills and try to apply downwards pressure where the hooks are as you turn it or else you'll end up destroying them like I did and have to order a new one :P It's not the prettiest but its a hell of a lot more comfortable.
Edited by NivX - 9/28/11 at 10:35pmpost #4 of 69/28/11 at 11:30pmpost #5 of 611/4/11 at 12:25pm
- k601 headband on k702
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 18 seconds ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 1 minute ago
- › Winter 2015 AAMML Holiday Gift Exchange 2 minutes ago
- › Help with Headphone/Audio solution for Classical music 2 minutes ago
- › Getting NSIS error when attempting to install DAC driver 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Synergistic Research HOT device 3 minutes ago
- › JH Audio Layla and Angie - Head-Fi TV 5 minutes ago
- › 1964 | Adel A12 - New Flagship Discussion / Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Ath M40x vs M50x Portability. 8 minutes ago
- › Koss KDX200 by vaziyetu
- › Brainwavz M5 by vaziyetu
- › beyerynamic DT 150 Compact Closed Headphone (250 Ohms) by jdpark
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by Mitchell4500
- › Sony MDR-1R by gerelmx1986
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by JAMEZTHEBOI
- › thinksound on1 Supra-Aural On-Ear Monitor Wooden Headphone by Pacal
- › Astell&Kern AK100II High Resolution Single DAC Audio Player... by musikaladin
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by Galvatron
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 4 GB MP3 Player (Red) by Mitchell4500
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)