I just ordered a k601 headband replacement for my k702's and I just wanted to clarify where exactly I'm suppose to pop off the CE cap. I know your suppose to insert a screwdriver into the notch below the CE logo but I wasn't sure if your suppose to break through the plastic covering the notch http://i.imgur.com/Rbef4.jpg. I read LuciferX's thread and his diagrams looked like you were suppose to insert it below the notch but I wasn't sure if he meant the CE log cap itself(red line) or under the clear plastic piece(blue line) http://i.imgur.com/Nmflf.jpg
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones + dac/amp help please Last post on 4/16/12 at 5:06am in Headphones (full-size)
- Changing cable for my AKG K702 - single sided Last post on 11/4/11 at 6:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone amp for AKG K601 Last post on 8/31/11 at 6:24pm in Headphones (full-size)
- headphone upgrade help! Last post on 8/24/11 at 10:25am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone recommendation Last post on 8/22/11 at 10:13am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
overall nice headphones, with proper bass and sound and i am still burning it, rest of things i will discuss after complete burning process
I had to finally put my Shure 4ECs to rest and have been on the search for months to find a replacement. I like sub bass and a balanced sound and value build quality. My Shures were built tough...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
Brainwavz continues to step up their game. This time it's in the realm of Bluetooth! The BLU-100 is a budget-priced IEM that is very well-designed and offers very good sound for anyone that needs...
Dont let these tiny guys disappoint you by looks. Plug them in and you wont believe your ears. These are that good, It sounds like large over ear headphones. I have owned many earbuds like...
k601 headband on k702
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 69/23/11 at 8:34pmThread Starter
Bit of an update I managed to remove the headband and if anyone was curious for future reference I used my finger nail to try and lift the clear plastic part (blue line) in order to squeeze a small screwdriver under there. The problem is now in LuciferX's guide he just skipped replacing the plastic clips that hold the rubber loops and just popped off the CE logo on the replacement but one of the plastic clips broke http://i.imgur.com/HDGLM.jpg when I was removing the headband and I have no ideal how your suppose to get to the other end of the rubber band. Any help would greatly be appreciated.
Edited by NivX - 9/25/11 at 4:20pmpost #3 of 69/28/11 at 10:16pmThread StarterI'm done now and again if anyone wanted to know for future reference this site tells you how http://www.headphone.com/rightbetweenyourears/?p=1365. Here's some pics as well if anyone cared what the k601 headband on a k702 looked like. Just be careful when you're taking off the side grills and try to apply downwards pressure where the hooks are as you turn it or else you'll end up destroying them like I did and have to order a new one :P It's not the prettiest but its a hell of a lot more comfortable.
Edited by NivX - 9/28/11 at 10:35pmpost #4 of 69/28/11 at 11:30pmpost #5 of 611/4/11 at 12:25pm
- k601 headband on k702
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 59 seconds ago
- › Just got a Grado GS1000i but with red drivers 2 minutes ago
- › Looking for over ear headphones with emphasis on vocals, but good... 2 minutes ago
- › Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread 2 minutes ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › Portable speaker as big as possible 5 minutes ago
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 7 minutes ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 7 minutes ago
- › Lotoo PAW 5000: Shipping in May 8 minutes ago
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 8 GB MP3 Player (Black) by ardacer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by sagar khichi
- › RHA MA750i by Onthecoast
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by YoYo JoKeR
- › Brainwavz BLU-100 Bluetooth IEMs by JoeDoe
- › Edifier Hi-Fi Stereo Headphone (H180 Black) by sharonbava
- › Ultimate Ears 200vi Noise-Isolating Headset, Blue by dkshifat
- › T-Peos Altone 150 in-ear monitor with detachable cables, mic and... by Hisoundfi
- › Beyerdynamic EDT 250 Velour Padded Earcushions for DT250, DT280,... by Trevayne10
- › Xiaomi Pistion III Youth Edition by julian67
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2