I just ordered a k601 headband replacement for my k702's and I just wanted to clarify where exactly I'm suppose to pop off the CE cap. I know your suppose to insert a screwdriver into the notch below the CE logo but I wasn't sure if your suppose to break through the plastic covering the notch http://i.imgur.com/Rbef4.jpg. I read LuciferX's thread and his diagrams looked like you were suppose to insert it below the notch but I wasn't sure if he meant the CE log cap itself(red line) or under the clear plastic piece(blue line) http://i.imgur.com/Nmflf.jpg
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones + dac/amp help please Last post on 4/16/12 at 5:06am in Headphones (full-size)
- Changing cable for my AKG K702 - single sided Last post on 11/4/11 at 6:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone amp for AKG K601 Last post on 8/31/11 at 6:24pm in Headphones (full-size)
- headphone upgrade help! Last post on 8/24/11 at 10:25am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone recommendation Last post on 8/22/11 at 10:13am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
ZMF OMNI - REVIEW Zach and Luke are Ortho Docs Disclaimer: No mercy… though the Omni is merciful I really think the Omni can hold up to scrutiny very well. While I have been a long time...
After deciding that I’d need about $1K to get the sound I was after, I was getting frustrated with the IEM world. After all, I could just buy the OPPO PM3 for $400, call it a day, and deal with the...
Introduction I've been writing many reviews for local audiophile sites of my country so I decided to write one for head-fi too. Subject is Ostry KC06. (a.k.a Giant Slayer) Sources used: LG...
Obravo erib-2a Review April 2016 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Sources used: Sony ZX1 Walkman, HP X360 Spectre with MS Win 10 laptop, Tag...
k601 headband on k702
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 69/23/11 at 8:34pmThread Starter
Bit of an update I managed to remove the headband and if anyone was curious for future reference I used my finger nail to try and lift the clear plastic part (blue line) in order to squeeze a small screwdriver under there. The problem is now in LuciferX's guide he just skipped replacing the plastic clips that hold the rubber loops and just popped off the CE logo on the replacement but one of the plastic clips broke http://i.imgur.com/HDGLM.jpg when I was removing the headband and I have no ideal how your suppose to get to the other end of the rubber band. Any help would greatly be appreciated.
Edited by NivX - 9/25/11 at 4:20pmpost #3 of 69/28/11 at 10:16pmThread StarterI'm done now and again if anyone wanted to know for future reference this site tells you how http://www.headphone.com/rightbetweenyourears/?p=1365. Here's some pics as well if anyone cared what the k601 headband on a k702 looked like. Just be careful when you're taking off the side grills and try to apply downwards pressure where the hooks are as you turn it or else you'll end up destroying them like I did and have to order a new one :P It's not the prettiest but its a hell of a lot more comfortable.
Edited by NivX - 9/28/11 at 10:35pmpost #4 of 69/28/11 at 11:30pmpost #5 of 611/4/11 at 12:25pm
- k601 headband on k702
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread. 25 seconds ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 34 seconds ago
- › MusicMaker TK12 Appreciation / Impressions Thread Dual BA and DD... 1 minute ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 5 minutes ago
- › FitEar TO GO! & Universal Series --- Suyama's custom IEM, made... 5 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion thread 6 minutes ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk & Monk Plus: a $5 earbud that taking... 7 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 7 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 7 minutes ago
- › ZMF Headphones Omni by grizzlybeast
- › Schiit Gungnir by Aornic
- › Vibro Labs Aria quad armature in-ear monitor by meringo
- › OSTRY KC06 High Fidelity Stereo Inner-Ear Earphones by Aerosphere
- › oBravo ERIB-2a by FortisFlyer75
- › Unique Melody UM Maestro 12 driver IEM by shotgunshane
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by Kon Peki
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by k4rstar
- › Campfire Audio Orion by emptymt
- › 64 Audio (1964 Ears) ADEL U6 by Brooko
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse