I have a quick question. Do I need any extra equipment to play a planar magnetic headphone? all i have is a cmoy and zune hd.
Related Forum Threads
- Why do expensier headphones generally get brighter and more laid-back? Last post on 6/15/11 at 8:30pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which high-end for trance? Last post on 8/12/12 at 4:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Would I enjoy the Audeze-LCD-2/3? Last post on 4/21/15 at 1:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD800, T1 or LCD-2 on a small system Last post on 5/27/12 at 7:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Audeze LCD2 wood versus Humidity Last post on 5/23/12 at 6:40am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
The urbanite xl wireless is seemingly targeting the younger audience with its stylish looks,bluetooth connectivity and a bass emphasis.But does this deliver like it is intended to?Let's run through...
I was looking for a solution to simultaneously listen and charge an iPhone7, since Apple decided to ditch the 3.5 mm jack output. This one, which I got on Aliexpress, does the job. Soundwise, it...
Final F7200 Earphone review I will start this review of the Final F7200 earphones by saying that I am not going to include photos or technical specifications, as these have been very well covered...
MBC/ PINOYMAN's review: The TFZ series 1 Iem. Id like to thank Christopher Gatchalian for lending me his pair unit for the purpose of this review. Shell: clear in smoke black. Cable: quality is...
This is a review of the Cambridge DacMagic Plus DAC/headphone amp/pre amp. The Cambridge Audio DacMagic Plus was sent to me by Cambridge Audio in the UK as a loaner for the purpose of doing this...
Planar Magneticpost #1 of 139/23/11 at 12:23amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 139/23/11 at 12:29ampost #3 of 139/23/11 at 4:46ampost #4 of 139/23/11 at 4:49ampost #5 of 139/23/11 at 4:54am
If by "extra equipment" you mean something specialized for planar-magnetics, then no. They still use electromagnetic force like dynamic drivers and can use the same amps, unlike electrostatics.
But, if by "extra equipment" you mean a more powerful amp, that is more likely.post #6 of 139/23/11 at 8:26amThread Starterpost #7 of 139/23/11 at 10:09ampost #8 of 139/23/11 at 11:56amQuote:
I've got hifimans and they sound awesome, do need amping though.
Saying that they work fine on my astro mixamp, drives them nice and loud, but on a proper amp they really shine.post #9 of 139/23/11 at 2:19pm
I drive my HiFiMan phones with both the little NuForce Icon HDP preamp/headphone amplifier and a Decman tube preamp/headphone amp. I've heard that the orthos need some power, but I didn't have to go out of my way to power these.
davisolypost #10 of 139/23/11 at 4:52pmpost #11 of 139/23/11 at 5:48pmThread StarterQuote:
Thanks for the clarification!Quote:Originally Posted by jackwess
If you're looking for the fostex, take a look at this.
It came up in the results of google shopping.
Yeah I saw that but I've never heard of people buying from "fullcompass" If I could get someone to back me up and say that is where I should get it. Then I'll go for it, but I don't want to be down $75 bones plus shipping
Does Fostex make headphones that are planar magnetic and comparable to the T50RP. I'd like it to be in the same price range and hopefully better.
Edited by Pingupenguins - 9/23/11 at 5:59pmpost #12 of 139/23/11 at 6:08pmQuote:
Fostex makes the T50RP. For modding purposes you could go with the T40RP, same driver (which is planar magnetic).
Edited by Draygonn - 9/23/11 at 6:10pm
- Planar Magnetic
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter) 27 seconds ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 29 seconds ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk & Monk Plus: a $5 earbud that taking... 54 seconds ago
- › FiiO X1 II (2nd Gen) w/ Bluetooth! 1 minute ago
- › Broken Front Audio jack how to fix? or buy a USB amp? 1 minute ago
- › Focal Utopia vs. HIFIMAN HE1000 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 2 minutes ago
- › Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold 3 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio Andromeda 6 minutes ago
- › sound card for k240 7 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Wireless by Rafique Adzam
- › Mcdodo Lightning to Audio Cable (for iPhone 7) w/ charging function by Webkarma
- › Final F7200 by malcolm.mcintyre
- › TFZ Series 1 by pinoyman
- › Cambridge Audio Azur DacMagic Plus by peter123
- › HiFiMAN RE-00 by mark2410
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by Kerry56
- › NAD Electronics VISO HP50 Noise-Isolating Over-Ear Headphones by Kerry56
- › Philips Shp8000/10 Hi-Fi Headphones - Black by Redcarmoose
- › Sony MDRXB400/BLU Extra Bass Over The Head 30 mm Driver Headphone,... by InternPrimas
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...