I have a quick question. Do I need any extra equipment to play a planar magnetic headphone? all i have is a cmoy and zune hd.
Related Forum Threads
- Why do expensier headphones generally get brighter and more laid-back? Last post on 6/15/11 at 8:30pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which high-end for trance? Last post on 8/12/12 at 4:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Would I enjoy the Audeze-LCD-2/3? Last post on 4/21/15 at 1:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD800, T1 or LCD-2 on a small system Last post on 5/27/12 at 7:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Audeze LCD2 wood versus Humidity Last post on 5/23/12 at 6:40am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
It was raining, and I mean really raining. This was a problem as I really wanted to listen Radiohead's new album ( A Moon Shaped Pool) on my always seemingly endless commute to work. The first part...
I bought this ckr9ltd from AliExpress for 47USD, less than the usual 120USD RRP. Few fellow buyer with original ckr9ltd claimed that this is a real deal. I have no problem whatsoever to believe...
Disclamer. I provided these Sony Z5 for myself just for the sheer sound of it. These were not given to me for any type of review. I am writing these impressions of these works of art due...
Background I ordered my pair of AAW A3H Pros during Black Friday weekend 2015 at a certain group-buying website, hoping to get my feet wet in the world of customs at a price that wouldn't break...
REVIEW - Fiio EM3 Fiio is not a company that needs any introduction. Known for its wide and affordable large Amp and DAC line, and well regarded since the release of the first DAP...
Planar Magneticpost #1 of 139/23/11 at 12:23amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 139/23/11 at 12:29ampost #3 of 139/23/11 at 4:46ampost #4 of 139/23/11 at 4:49ampost #5 of 139/23/11 at 4:54am
If by "extra equipment" you mean something specialized for planar-magnetics, then no. They still use electromagnetic force like dynamic drivers and can use the same amps, unlike electrostatics.
But, if by "extra equipment" you mean a more powerful amp, that is more likely.post #6 of 139/23/11 at 8:26amThread Starterpost #7 of 139/23/11 at 10:09ampost #8 of 139/23/11 at 11:56amQuote:
I've got hifimans and they sound awesome, do need amping though.
Saying that they work fine on my astro mixamp, drives them nice and loud, but on a proper amp they really shine.post #9 of 139/23/11 at 2:19pm
I drive my HiFiMan phones with both the little NuForce Icon HDP preamp/headphone amplifier and a Decman tube preamp/headphone amp. I've heard that the orthos need some power, but I didn't have to go out of my way to power these.
davisolypost #10 of 139/23/11 at 4:52pmpost #11 of 139/23/11 at 5:48pmThread StarterQuote:
Thanks for the clarification!Quote:Originally Posted by jackwess
If you're looking for the fostex, take a look at this.
It came up in the results of google shopping.
Yeah I saw that but I've never heard of people buying from "fullcompass" If I could get someone to back me up and say that is where I should get it. Then I'll go for it, but I don't want to be down $75 bones plus shipping
Does Fostex make headphones that are planar magnetic and comparable to the T50RP. I'd like it to be in the same price range and hopefully better.
Edited by Pingupenguins - 9/23/11 at 5:59pmpost #12 of 139/23/11 at 6:08pmQuote:
Fostex makes the T50RP. For modding purposes you could go with the T40RP, same driver (which is planar magnetic).
Edited by Draygonn - 9/23/11 at 6:10pm
- Planar Magnetic
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Venture Electronics VE Zen 2.0 impressions and discussion thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 2 minutes ago
- › FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › grado hf2 4 minutes ago
- › Formula 1-fi (Read the First Post!) 4 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up (Update: April 17th, 2016) 6 minutes ago
- › Canlanta 2016 Impressions 6 minutes ago
- › Focal SPIRIT PROFESSIONAL Impressions thread 7 minutes ago
- › FiiO E7 Giveaway 7 minutes ago
- › The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (Basshead IEM's) 7 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser CX 5.00G Black In-Ear Canal Headset by Slaphead
- › Audio-Technica ATH CKR9 LTD by AzimAkbar
- › Sony XBA-Z5 Ultimate Hi-Res In Ear Headphone by Dsnuts
- › AAW A3H Pro Custom In-Ear Monitor by tz0531
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Zelda
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by Voyageur
- › W4S Recovery USB Reclocker by leeperry
- › Somic v2 by mark2410
- › Jays q-JAYS v2.0 by NeObliviscaris
- › Rockit Sounds R-50 by avocadobeats123
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...