I have a quick question. Do I need any extra equipment to play a planar magnetic headphone? all i have is a cmoy and zune hd.
Related Forum Threads
- Why do expensier headphones generally get brighter and more laid-back? Last post on 6/15/11 at 8:30pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which high-end for trance? Last post on 8/12/12 at 4:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Would I enjoy the Audeze-LCD-2/3? Last post on 2/28/13 at 10:16am in Headphones (full-size)
- HD800, T1 or LCD-2 on a small system Last post on 5/27/12 at 7:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Audeze LCD2 wood versus Humidity Last post on 5/23/12 at 6:40am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
There aren't many sub-$10 IEMs in the market. With all the recent budget IEMs being priced at around $50, it leaves very little choice for people who are looking for a very cheap IEM. As far as I...
Since I was among the early adopters of this updated 2.0 version of R3, I already posted a detailed review with pictures in the original R3 review thread. Therefore, I'm just going to provide a...
Im probably like you right now, I was once reading reviews a bunch of comments, watching a bunch of videos of what to purchase... and everyone kept suggesting the ATH-M50x, so in a frantic search...
First I'd like to thank Brainwavz for the opportunity to review these. As others did, I received a review pair to keep. It was a very generous gesture. Plenty of people have already posted all the...
Comply foam tip should need no introduction at this point, as it has become a norm for many brand name IEM to include a pair of them. But what we are talking here is something new – or should I say...
Planar Magneticpost #1 of 139/23/11 at 12:23amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 139/23/11 at 12:29ampost #3 of 139/23/11 at 4:46ampost #4 of 139/23/11 at 4:49ampost #5 of 139/23/11 at 4:54am
If by "extra equipment" you mean something specialized for planar-magnetics, then no. They still use electromagnetic force like dynamic drivers and can use the same amps, unlike electrostatics.
But, if by "extra equipment" you mean a more powerful amp, that is more likely.post #6 of 139/23/11 at 8:26amThread Starterpost #7 of 139/23/11 at 10:09ampost #8 of 139/23/11 at 11:56amQuote:
I've got hifimans and they sound awesome, do need amping though.
Saying that they work fine on my astro mixamp, drives them nice and loud, but on a proper amp they really shine.post #9 of 139/23/11 at 2:19pm
I drive my HiFiMan phones with both the little NuForce Icon HDP preamp/headphone amplifier and a Decman tube preamp/headphone amp. I've heard that the orthos need some power, but I didn't have to go out of my way to power these.
davisolypost #10 of 139/23/11 at 4:52pmpost #11 of 139/23/11 at 5:48pmThread StarterQuote:
Thanks for the clarification!Quote:Originally Posted by jackwess
If you're looking for the fostex, take a look at this.
It came up in the results of google shopping.
Yeah I saw that but I've never heard of people buying from "fullcompass" If I could get someone to back me up and say that is where I should get it. Then I'll go for it, but I don't want to be down $75 bones plus shipping
Does Fostex make headphones that are planar magnetic and comparable to the T50RP. I'd like it to be in the same price range and hopefully better.
Edited by Pingupenguins - 9/23/11 at 5:59pmpost #12 of 139/23/11 at 6:08pmQuote:
Fostex makes the T50RP. For modding purposes you could go with the T40RP, same driver (which is planar magnetic).
Edited by Draygonn - 9/23/11 at 6:10pm
- Planar Magnetic
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 49 seconds ago
- › Beyerdynamic T90 :D 1 minute ago
- › New Custom-to-Universal IEMs: InEar StageDiver 2/3 1 minute ago
- › Oh Schiit, it's the end of the world! Announcing Ragnarok. 1 minute ago
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 visit pg 18. IMGS pg 19. NEW FW. . link 1st page. . 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1, the new start of the high-res DAP with individual DAC and... 3 minutes ago
- › MIT Cables announces Power Buy for new Predator Series AC Noise... 4 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 4 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW sfwalcer's earphone comparo PG 1727.... 4 minutes ago
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by twister6
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Kamakahah
- › Comply Custom Wraps by ClieOS
- › Bowers & Wilkins P5 Mobile Headphones by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by DwightLooi
- › FIDUE A81 In-Ear Noise Isolating Earphones Heaphones with High-End... by Brooko
- › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones by monitorlove
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by ballbarn
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)