I have a quick question. Do I need any extra equipment to play a planar magnetic headphone? all i have is a cmoy and zune hd.
Related Forum Threads
- Why do expensier headphones generally get brighter and more laid-back? Last post on 6/15/11 at 8:30pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which high-end for trance? Last post on 8/12/12 at 4:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Would I enjoy the Audeze-LCD-2/3? Last post on 2/28/13 at 10:16am in Headphones (full-size)
- HD800, T1 or LCD-2 on a small system Last post on 5/27/12 at 7:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Audeze LCD2 wood versus Humidity Last post on 5/23/12 at 6:40am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/20/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
When it comes to Edifier, they are best known for their desktop PC speaker range and acquiring the prestigious electrostatic headphone company Stax. But just because they now own Stax doesn’t mean...
Remember Edifier? The company that now owns Stax? I recently covered their e10 Exclaim desktop speakers and found them rather impressive for just $99. While making a nice budget speaker is...
This is my first review, so please bear with me if I'm not particularly clear. 1) This is a headphones that takes time to appreciate 2) 1/2 star for the sound quality, 4&1/2 star for getting...
The AH-D7100's immediately became my go-to headphones for daily use since the day I purchased them three weeks ago. They sound much fuller compared to my Beyerdynamic T5P's and produce high sound...
You get what you see. Nothing extra. CNT or "Carbon nano tube" diaphrams/drivers were developed by the Chinese (I studied this) and J.V.C was the first to mass produce it in their...
Planar Magneticpost #1 of 139/23/11 at 12:23amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 139/23/11 at 12:29ampost #3 of 139/23/11 at 4:46ampost #4 of 139/23/11 at 4:49ampost #5 of 139/23/11 at 4:54am
If by "extra equipment" you mean something specialized for planar-magnetics, then no. They still use electromagnetic force like dynamic drivers and can use the same amps, unlike electrostatics.
But, if by "extra equipment" you mean a more powerful amp, that is more likely.post #6 of 139/23/11 at 8:26amThread Starterpost #7 of 139/23/11 at 10:09ampost #8 of 139/23/11 at 11:56amQuote:
I've got hifimans and they sound awesome, do need amping though.
Saying that they work fine on my astro mixamp, drives them nice and loud, but on a proper amp they really shine.post #9 of 139/23/11 at 2:19pm
I drive my HiFiMan phones with both the little NuForce Icon HDP preamp/headphone amplifier and a Decman tube preamp/headphone amp. I've heard that the orthos need some power, but I didn't have to go out of my way to power these.
davisolypost #10 of 139/23/11 at 4:52pmpost #11 of 139/23/11 at 5:48pmThread StarterQuote:
Thanks for the clarification!Quote:Originally Posted by jackwess
If you're looking for the fostex, take a look at this.
It came up in the results of google shopping.
Yeah I saw that but I've never heard of people buying from "fullcompass" If I could get someone to back me up and say that is where I should get it. Then I'll go for it, but I don't want to be down $75 bones plus shipping
Does Fostex make headphones that are planar magnetic and comparable to the T50RP. I'd like it to be in the same price range and hopefully better.
Edited by Pingupenguins - 9/23/11 at 5:59pmpost #12 of 139/23/11 at 6:08pmQuote:
Fostex makes the T50RP. For modding purposes you could go with the T40RP, same driver (which is planar magnetic).
Edited by Draygonn - 9/23/11 at 6:10pm
- Planar Magnetic
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
- › Dunu DN-1000 - Dunu's hybrid IEM - Appreciation thread 1 minute ago
- › Resonessence Labs Concero discussion/review thead 1 minute ago
- › Chord QuteHD DAC - 'Pulse-Array' Teconology Discusion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › New to audio with new gear: The Xiang Sheng DA-03A. Don't think you... 2 minutes ago
- › The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 2 minutes ago
- › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Parts/Overclocking) 2 minutes ago
- › Bicycle-Fi! 5 minutes ago
- › The Basshead Club 5 minutes ago
- › Anyone interested in the subgenre of Shoegaze? 6 minutes ago
- › THE HYPE.............................. Appreciation Thread. 6 minutes ago
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › JVC Kenwood Victer stereo headphones HA-SZ2000 japan import by Hawaiibadboy
- › PSB M4U 1 by yay101
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by Nec3
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by turbomustang84
- › Superlux HD669 by mang0
- › IFI Gemini usb cable by turo91
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude