I have a quick question. Do I need any extra equipment to play a planar magnetic headphone? all i have is a cmoy and zune hd.
Related Forum Threads
- Why do expensier headphones generally get brighter and more laid-back? Last post on 6/15/11 at 8:30pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which high-end for trance? Last post on 8/12/12 at 4:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Would I enjoy the Audeze-LCD-2/3? Last post on 2/28/13 at 10:16am in Headphones (full-size)
- HD800, T1 or LCD-2 on a small system Last post on 5/27/12 at 7:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Audeze LCD2 wood versus Humidity Last post on 5/23/12 at 6:40am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Planar Magneticpost #1 of 139/23/11 at 12:23amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 139/23/11 at 12:29ampost #3 of 139/23/11 at 4:46ampost #4 of 139/23/11 at 4:49ampost #5 of 139/23/11 at 4:54am
If by "extra equipment" you mean something specialized for planar-magnetics, then no. They still use electromagnetic force like dynamic drivers and can use the same amps, unlike electrostatics.
But, if by "extra equipment" you mean a more powerful amp, that is more likely.post #6 of 139/23/11 at 8:26amThread Starterpost #7 of 139/23/11 at 10:09ampost #8 of 139/23/11 at 11:56amQuote:
I've got hifimans and they sound awesome, do need amping though.
Saying that they work fine on my astro mixamp, drives them nice and loud, but on a proper amp they really shine.post #9 of 139/23/11 at 2:19pm
I drive my HiFiMan phones with both the little NuForce Icon HDP preamp/headphone amplifier and a Decman tube preamp/headphone amp. I've heard that the orthos need some power, but I didn't have to go out of my way to power these.
davisolypost #10 of 139/23/11 at 4:52pmpost #11 of 139/23/11 at 5:48pmThread StarterQuote:
Thanks for the clarification!Quote:Originally Posted by jackwess
If you're looking for the fostex, take a look at this.
It came up in the results of google shopping.
Yeah I saw that but I've never heard of people buying from "fullcompass" If I could get someone to back me up and say that is where I should get it. Then I'll go for it, but I don't want to be down $75 bones plus shipping
Does Fostex make headphones that are planar magnetic and comparable to the T50RP. I'd like it to be in the same price range and hopefully better.
Edited by Pingupenguins - 9/23/11 at 5:59pmpost #12 of 139/23/11 at 6:08pmQuote:
Fostex makes the T50RP. For modding purposes you could go with the T40RP, same driver (which is planar magnetic).
Edited by Draygonn - 9/23/11 at 6:10pm
- Planar Magnetic
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Music Game IX 29 seconds ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM Review 4 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 5 minutes ago
- › *** HTC One M7 in very good condition for sale*** 6 minutes ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 - over the ear headphones 6 minutes ago
- › Quick Sale 6 minutes ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 14 minutes ago
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by NA Blur
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by SMLeaves
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by wolfjeanne
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 350p Portable Headphones Brand New Black Free... by twister6
- › Sony MDR-CD 780 by mark235
- › EarSonics EM32 by Rollk2
- › JVC HA-FX101 by bonami2
- › Pioneer MASTER-1s by kuantings
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)