- 91 Posts. Joined 8/2011
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- What size Comply foam tips came with UE 700 ? Last post on 1/20/12 at 10:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Seeking Suggestions for In-Ear Headphones Last post on 9/22/11 at 2:00am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- UE 500 vs shure se215 Last post on 9/16/11 at 2:52pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Good In Ears for Drummers with an NRR of at Least 25dB? Last post on 8/18/11 at 3:54am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ultimate Ears 700 Last post on 8/10/11 at 11:09am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Introduction First I want to start with an "I'm sorry" because I took so long to write this and to top it off, I feel as if the review was a "waste of time" because, well, I don't see it as very...
This is a review of the Noble 8c, an eight drivers 4 ways ciems. You could check the specs on the noble web site. Please be kind in your critics, as this is my first review ever, and that English...
Porta Pros simply made the biggest difference for me when listening to music as I have switched from some low-end sony in-ear to them and suddenly when playing the same song music became more rich...
From the moment Charles told me about the new project that he was working on, “Project Palaios”, I was intrigued. A wooden amp? That’s certainly not what you hear everyday and from the pictures...
Packaging and build: The packaging is minimal and exquisitely so. The extra tips filters and manual are behind the felt coated foam holding the earphones. As I gingerly dislodged them from the...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Best BA iem under 300$
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Bass in UE700? Are you kidding? When comparing bass quality in UE 500, 600 and 700, UE 500 has the most bass, 600 medium and 700 has the least bass.
It depends on what his perception of "much bass" is.
I think TF10s fit the bill. Has all the punch that he needs though midrange might be a bit recessed.
UM2 is superior in that it is smoother and more natural sounding but with more bass as well. Treble is a bit rolled off on both.
W2 may actually be the better choice with many preferring it even over triple driver TF10. W2 has exceptional clarity and detail, a larger soundstage and very adequate bass unless you are a basshead. W2 is W3 little brother. Same soundsig without the sub-bass which many actually prefer....it's more balanced.
i really like the great highs and detail the BA's can produce and currently i am very interested in the Westone 2 especially cuz it ships with an amp. Does anyone have this and can tell me if it has bass? basically i just want a shure se 425 that has bass(doesnt have to be as good in other areas but something like it). thx.
and... if there is a dynamic iem that fits my needs, i might also look into it. i thought maybe monster turbine gold but they have too much bass boost for me.
thx for the replies!
I just returned my W2 today. They are very good at everything they are really comfortable, tiny (compared to my TF10), best cable ever, but although they sound really good they dont sound in anyway as good as TF10. In fact I dont know if they sound better than my Denon C710. Bass is there but although it is very controlled its not that powerful. I think Im gonna try the W3 which some people say sound a lot like the TF10 but since I cant wear the Tf10 for more than 30min at a time and I know westones are super comfy its worth it to me. The Ex600 sound good too but Ive been hearing that they are just as uncomfortable as TF10 but at $120 it may be worth it.
EDIT: Oh yea you were asking about the fiio E6, it is pretty good on one of the settings (blue light) but I honestly dont believe the W2 really benefit from the E6 cause they are already really effiecent. The E6 also made minimal difference with my denons but made a big difference with my TF10 though.
Edited by alv4426 - 9/24/11 at 6:43pm
- Best BA iem under 300$
- › DNA Stratus 2A3 amplifier - first impressions 22 seconds ago
- › The NEW ATH-ES700.. 37 seconds ago
- › A Motherboard with usb dac's in mind 56 seconds ago
- › Unofficial V-MODA XL Pads thread. 1 minute ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 1 minute ago
- › V-MODA Shield Design Discussion 1 minute ago
- › Open headphones under $250. 2 minutes ago
- › is the AudioQuest DragonFly for $100 a good price? 3 minutes ago
- › Final Audio Design Appreciation/Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 - a review in progress: Factory visit pg 18. IMGS pg... 5 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by gelocks
- › Noble Audio 8C by John0405
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by cipurian
- › Project Palaios: Iona by lin0003
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by getclikinagas
- › JAYS T00093 a-JAYS Five Earphones for Android - Black by mark2410
- › Beats Pro Over-Ear Headphone (White) by DigitalGrounder
- › AMB Laboratories γ2 (Gamma2) by JustinBieber
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by kmaenpaa
- › JVC HAS160B FLATS Lightweight Headband Headphones (Black) by Lokip000
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe