- 91 Posts. Joined 8/2011
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- What size Comply foam tips came with UE 700 ? Last post on 1/20/12 at 10:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Seeking Suggestions for In-Ear Headphones Last post on 9/22/11 at 2:00am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- UE 500 vs shure se215 Last post on 9/16/11 at 2:52pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Good In Ears for Drummers with an NRR of at Least 25dB? Last post on 8/18/11 at 3:54am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ultimate Ears 700 Last post on 8/10/11 at 11:09am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Ok, I've had these for a while now and decided to leave some feedback on these. First thing, the sound from these IEM's (earphones) are nothing short of excellent with a few minor dislikes. At...
I purchased a Bakoon HPA-01 off Massdrop for around $1200 (it is normally around $1700 retail) due to the reputation of Bakoon Japan for making stunning amps. The HPA-01 is from Bakoon Korea,...
It would be impossible to replicate my first impressions of the Pioneer Superior Club Sound in-ear headphone series. As such, if you’d like my initial reaction, check out myPioneer SE-CX9 review....
Intro/Setup The on-ear open-back design is not a very popular segment. I suspect most overlook this category largely because of the lack of isolation compared to the many closed-back...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Audio-Technica US for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. I can’t imagine a better way to wrap up a series of...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Best BA iem under 300$
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Bass in UE700? Are you kidding? When comparing bass quality in UE 500, 600 and 700, UE 500 has the most bass, 600 medium and 700 has the least bass.
It depends on what his perception of "much bass" is.
I think TF10s fit the bill. Has all the punch that he needs though midrange might be a bit recessed.
UM2 is superior in that it is smoother and more natural sounding but with more bass as well. Treble is a bit rolled off on both.
W2 may actually be the better choice with many preferring it even over triple driver TF10. W2 has exceptional clarity and detail, a larger soundstage and very adequate bass unless you are a basshead. W2 is W3 little brother. Same soundsig without the sub-bass which many actually prefer....it's more balanced.
i really like the great highs and detail the BA's can produce and currently i am very interested in the Westone 2 especially cuz it ships with an amp. Does anyone have this and can tell me if it has bass? basically i just want a shure se 425 that has bass(doesnt have to be as good in other areas but something like it). thx.
and... if there is a dynamic iem that fits my needs, i might also look into it. i thought maybe monster turbine gold but they have too much bass boost for me.
thx for the replies!
I just returned my W2 today. They are very good at everything they are really comfortable, tiny (compared to my TF10), best cable ever, but although they sound really good they dont sound in anyway as good as TF10. In fact I dont know if they sound better than my Denon C710. Bass is there but although it is very controlled its not that powerful. I think Im gonna try the W3 which some people say sound a lot like the TF10 but since I cant wear the Tf10 for more than 30min at a time and I know westones are super comfy its worth it to me. The Ex600 sound good too but Ive been hearing that they are just as uncomfortable as TF10 but at $120 it may be worth it.
EDIT: Oh yea you were asking about the fiio E6, it is pretty good on one of the settings (blue light) but I honestly dont believe the W2 really benefit from the E6 cause they are already really effiecent. The E6 also made minimal difference with my denons but made a big difference with my TF10 though.
Edited by alv4426 - 9/24/11 at 6:43pm
- Best BA iem under 300$
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › "The Lab" 4 seconds ago
- › Size Matters - Earpad hole measurements for Over-ear Headphones.... 8 seconds ago
- › Magni 2 and the Sennheiser HD 800? 9 seconds ago
- › 1964 Ears 59 seconds ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2.0 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 4 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 4 minutes ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why delta-sigma sucks) 5 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 5 minutes ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 5 minutes ago
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by interpolate
- › Bakoon HPA-01 by Currawong
- › Pioneer SE-CX8-T Headphone, Bright Copper by Luckbad
- › Sennheiser HD 239 Headphones Black by rigodeni
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by twister6
- › Signature Acoustics O16 Live by kova4a
- › Sennheiser HD 428 Headphones by rensin
- › JVC HAF14B - Gumy Earbud Headphones by LuigiSound
- › Grado SR80i Headphones by Pirakaphile
- › MEElectronics M-Duo by Luckbad
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2