- 91 Posts. Joined 8/2011
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- What size Comply foam tips came with UE 700 ? Last post on 1/20/12 at 10:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Seeking Suggestions for In-Ear Headphones Last post on 9/22/11 at 2:00am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- UE 500 vs shure se215 Last post on 9/16/11 at 2:52pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Good In Ears for Drummers with an NRR of at Least 25dB? Last post on 8/18/11 at 3:54am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ultimate Ears 700 Last post on 8/10/11 at 11:09am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Firstly, like to thank Billy from Busisoft for organising the Westone UM PRO 10 for this review. Westone needs no introduction, they are one of the industry leaders for professional monitors...
Intro:- I was really excited when SoundMAGIC announced a couple of new earphones with a new “Reference” line up, Led by E80, their flagship, and subordinate E50( like Bumblebee), what I...
I was invited by Noontec to write a honest review of their Hammo S headphone. I tend to be very skeptical about lower-priced headphones, since the bottom tier of headphones/speakers tend to...
RHA T20 Review Tour Many thanks to RHA and forum member Rearwing for arranging the tour and the generosity of a 10-day listening period (my suspicion though is to pass some thanks to reviewer...
Construction, Materials, and Comfort: For starters, the protein leather is extremely soft and supple, and makes the ear pads and headband luxurious to touch. Heat retention actually isn't as bad...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Best BA iem under 300$
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Bass in UE700? Are you kidding? When comparing bass quality in UE 500, 600 and 700, UE 500 has the most bass, 600 medium and 700 has the least bass.
It depends on what his perception of "much bass" is.
I think TF10s fit the bill. Has all the punch that he needs though midrange might be a bit recessed.
UM2 is superior in that it is smoother and more natural sounding but with more bass as well. Treble is a bit rolled off on both.
W2 may actually be the better choice with many preferring it even over triple driver TF10. W2 has exceptional clarity and detail, a larger soundstage and very adequate bass unless you are a basshead. W2 is W3 little brother. Same soundsig without the sub-bass which many actually prefer....it's more balanced.
i really like the great highs and detail the BA's can produce and currently i am very interested in the Westone 2 especially cuz it ships with an amp. Does anyone have this and can tell me if it has bass? basically i just want a shure se 425 that has bass(doesnt have to be as good in other areas but something like it). thx.
and... if there is a dynamic iem that fits my needs, i might also look into it. i thought maybe monster turbine gold but they have too much bass boost for me.
thx for the replies!
I just returned my W2 today. They are very good at everything they are really comfortable, tiny (compared to my TF10), best cable ever, but although they sound really good they dont sound in anyway as good as TF10. In fact I dont know if they sound better than my Denon C710. Bass is there but although it is very controlled its not that powerful. I think Im gonna try the W3 which some people say sound a lot like the TF10 but since I cant wear the Tf10 for more than 30min at a time and I know westones are super comfy its worth it to me. The Ex600 sound good too but Ive been hearing that they are just as uncomfortable as TF10 but at $120 it may be worth it.
EDIT: Oh yea you were asking about the fiio E6, it is pretty good on one of the settings (blue light) but I honestly dont believe the W2 really benefit from the E6 cause they are already really effiecent. The E6 also made minimal difference with my denons but made a big difference with my TF10 though.
Edited by alv4426 - 9/24/11 at 6:43pm
- Best BA iem under 300$
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Headphones Consolidation. 27 seconds ago
- › Colorfly C3 Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign 1 minute ago
- › Wanted: a Beyerdynamic DT-770 owner with measuring tape 1 minute ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 2 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 3 minutes ago
- › Cardas Ear Speaker EM5813 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 4 minutes ago
- › around-the-ear headphones: tell me your opinion and help me in... 6 minutes ago
- › Westone UM Pro10 High Performance Single Driver Noise-Isolating... by pformagg
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by suman134
- › Noontec Hammo S Over Ear Headphone Audiophile Sound Stylish Looking... by Lunatique
- › RHA T20 by LFC_SL
- › OPPO PM-3 by RazrLeaf
- › Xtreme Xplosives In Ear by Omar717
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by morethansense
- › Sony XBA-10/N Gold | Balanced Armature In-Ear Headphones (Japanese... by LikeABell
- › Joseph Grado HPA-1 by kayandjohn
- › Creative Sound Blaster E1 Portable Headphone Amplifier with... by Evshrug
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)