- 91 Posts. Joined 8/2011
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- What size Comply foam tips came with UE 700 ? Last post on 1/20/12 at 10:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Seeking Suggestions for In-Ear Headphones Last post on 9/22/11 at 2:00am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- UE 500 vs shure se215 Last post on 9/16/11 at 2:52pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Good In Ears for Drummers with an NRR of at Least 25dB? Last post on 8/18/11 at 3:54am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ultimate Ears 700 Last post on 8/10/11 at 11:09am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I’d like to thank John Seaber and the folks at JDS Labs for the C5D loaner unit. Accessories The C5D ships with a 1.5 foot USB mini-B cable, a set of four rubber stick-on feet and an...
This is a review of the upcoming FiiO X1 digital audio player (DAP). Until my first experience with X5, a little over half a year ago, I used to refer to all dedicated audio players as "mp3"...
It's annoying because I didn't read the manual so I naturally fitted the SE215's wrong, and then looked at videos and found the right fit. The SE215 lack bass with the foam tips, so I put on the...
Before I get started, I’d like to thank the team at Audiofly and Billy from Noisy Motel for making this tour possible. I know that the AF140s have received some criticism so far which is always a...
Disclaimer: I received my R3s for free under the condition I would write a review for them. Purchase price reflects their going rate on a popular online retailer at the time of the review. The...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Best BA iem under 300$
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Bass in UE700? Are you kidding? When comparing bass quality in UE 500, 600 and 700, UE 500 has the most bass, 600 medium and 700 has the least bass.
It depends on what his perception of "much bass" is.
I think TF10s fit the bill. Has all the punch that he needs though midrange might be a bit recessed.
UM2 is superior in that it is smoother and more natural sounding but with more bass as well. Treble is a bit rolled off on both.
W2 may actually be the better choice with many preferring it even over triple driver TF10. W2 has exceptional clarity and detail, a larger soundstage and very adequate bass unless you are a basshead. W2 is W3 little brother. Same soundsig without the sub-bass which many actually prefer....it's more balanced.
i really like the great highs and detail the BA's can produce and currently i am very interested in the Westone 2 especially cuz it ships with an amp. Does anyone have this and can tell me if it has bass? basically i just want a shure se 425 that has bass(doesnt have to be as good in other areas but something like it). thx.
and... if there is a dynamic iem that fits my needs, i might also look into it. i thought maybe monster turbine gold but they have too much bass boost for me.
thx for the replies!
I just returned my W2 today. They are very good at everything they are really comfortable, tiny (compared to my TF10), best cable ever, but although they sound really good they dont sound in anyway as good as TF10. In fact I dont know if they sound better than my Denon C710. Bass is there but although it is very controlled its not that powerful. I think Im gonna try the W3 which some people say sound a lot like the TF10 but since I cant wear the Tf10 for more than 30min at a time and I know westones are super comfy its worth it to me. The Ex600 sound good too but Ive been hearing that they are just as uncomfortable as TF10 but at $120 it may be worth it.
EDIT: Oh yea you were asking about the fiio E6, it is pretty good on one of the settings (blue light) but I honestly dont believe the W2 really benefit from the E6 cause they are already really effiecent. The E6 also made minimal difference with my denons but made a big difference with my TF10 though.
Edited by alv4426 - 9/24/11 at 6:43pm
- Best BA iem under 300$
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › FiiO X1, the first high-res DAP for the young ! 18 seconds ago
- › Lightly used Grado GR8 for sale 22 seconds ago
- › Baycode's Upcoming and Completed Reviews Newsfeed Page 59 seconds ago
- › Uplifting Trance reccomendations 1 minute ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 2 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK120 2 minutes ago
- › HM-901 2 minutes ago
- › DigiZoid ZO FS & ZO FS+ (a.k.a. ZO3) Updates & Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › THE best female vocals? (your favorite female singers) 4 minutes ago
- › JDS Labs C5D by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by twister6
- › Shure SE215 by Existence
- › Audiofly AF140 In-Ear Headphones (Gray) by Loquah
- › Brainwavz R3 Dual Dynamic Driver Earphones by hans030390
- › Beats Solo 2.0 On-Ear Headphones (Red) by cb3723
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by MacroPower
- › Denon Urban Raver In-Ear Headphones, Blue (AH-C100BU) by MrTechAgent
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKN50 by bharathss
- › Audio Technica W5000 by CJ09
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)