Good eye. I had UE build my IEM with the legacy recessed socket / connector for cable compatibility with my UE10.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Universal similar to the Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor? Last post on 5/18/12 at 11:12pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ultimate Ears + Astell & Kern Ultimate Bundle Deal Last post on 8/1/14 at 10:17am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Custom IEM advice Last post on 11/1/12 at 9:37am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- WICH IEM HAS THE FLATTEST SOUND SIGNATURE.. Last post on 12/29/13 at 11:22pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Custom IEM Review: Heir Audio 8.A – Long live the king Last post on 1/2/13 at 9:04pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/10/14
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I have used this amp for about a year now, and I must say it has served me well. POWER Through many different headphones, the FiiO E09K hasn't skipped a beat, and has driven everything from...
Using WASAPI, ASIO and onboard stock drivers yielded the exact same result. Same sound quality and same sound coloration. Unless you are suffering from serious EMI and static noise then these dont...
This is a review of TTPOD T1E dual dynamic driver in-ear headphones. http://penonaudio.com/TTPOD-T1E-Bass Here you go, another in-ear headphone gem for under $50! Though I was a bit skeptical...
My first quality IEM purchase was the Hifiman RE-400 when they first came out. I was used to low end Skullcandy sets at the time, and I really wanted to see what "reference sound" sounded like for...
This is going to be a short review, just letting you know in advance. I listen to mostly contemporary pop, classic rock, as well as a little classical. In my search for a good headphone to use for...
Ultimate Ears In-Ear Reference Monitors Review - Page 28post #406 of 57411/18/13 at 9:11am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #407 of 57411/18/13 at 10:00am
I find the UERM to be very neutral and as others have said, a tool for critical evaluation. On the other hand, the 18s I auditioned produced a glorious sound. I was tempted to go for those but went with neutral. Not sure if I made the right call. In comparison, my Fostex TH900 produce that satisfying, beautiful sound that makes listening a pleasure and these days I reserve the UERM for travel, on the go use.post #408 of 57411/18/13 at 10:08amQuote:
Ah I had no idea UE would do that. I think I would have preferred that than the connector that sticks out.Quote:Originally Posted by classicjazz
I find the UERM to be very neutral and as others have said, a tool for critical evaluation. On the other hand, the 18s I auditioned produced a glorious sound. I was tempted to go for those but went with neutral. Not sure if I made the right call. In comparison, my Fostex TH900 produce that satisfying, beautiful sound that makes listening a pleasure and these days I reserve the UERM for travel, on the go use.
The UERM is probably the most neutral piece of gear that I own. However if that's good for you or not it is up to you. I remember hearing a demo of the UE18 when I bought the UERM and found that it would be a more popular signature than the UERM as a lot of people I know would rather have something more colored than neutral.post #409 of 57411/18/13 at 10:19ampost #410 of 57411/19/13 at 4:07pmpost #411 of 57411/19/13 at 4:21pm
I do find the UERMs engaging in that they do not mask anything. I like that. This is why I opted for the RMs over the 18s. I also felt that the bass on the 18s was a bit loose and the soundstage was a bit too deep. Perhaps it depends on what you listen for. Some people absolutely prioritize midrange purity, others bass slam or treble extension.
I do like accurate treble and properly damped bass and pursue neutrality in my loudspeaker/main system and I guess this same preference manifests itself in my earphone listening...post #412 of 57411/19/13 at 5:40pmQuote:post #413 of 57411/19/13 at 5:41pmpost #414 of 57411/19/13 at 5:46pmpost #415 of 57411/19/13 at 5:54pmpost #416 of 57411/19/13 at 5:55pmpost #417 of 57411/19/13 at 5:58pm
There was a UERM/TFRM tour. Rin modded a pair of TF10 to have similar sound sig to UERM, and had that and universal UERM on a tour.
But seriously, you have to try the UERM. It's so delicate. Hah. Idk how to word it. It's smooth, liquid, natural, engaging, clear.....post #418 of 57411/19/13 at 6:00pmpost #419 of 57411/19/13 at 6:02pmQuote:
Lol. Don't stress over it.
Why don't you buy UERM and sell some of your other gears? That's always an option. I do that a lot.post #420 of 57411/19/13 at 6:03pmQuote:
Yes yes yes yes yes
Yet can be incredibly crisp, while being liquid and smooth. I don't even...
You're not helping!Quote:
I'm about to consider this. I just can't justify $999 for happiness yet.
Edited by vwinter - 11/19/13 at 6:06pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ultimate Ears In-Ear Reference Monitors Review
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 43 seconds ago
- › Wow! Sennheiser HD 540 Reference are so good. 52 seconds ago
- › Looking for gaming headphones--is the HE-400 overkill? 1 minute ago
- › PS4 vs XBOX ONE (What would you buy and why? No fanboy like... 2 minutes ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 2 minutes ago
- › Need recommendation for small DAC and AMP all in one less than a... 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 3 minutes ago
- › HD600 and DT880/600 Amp 4 minutes ago
- › Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO E09K by MacroPower
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by wigglepuff
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by twister6
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by bhazard
- › AKG K712 Pro by achelgeson
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Barra
- › PHILIPS-HEADPHONES SHQ1200/28 SHQ1200/28 SPORTS IN EAR HEADPHONES by dieTasse
- › Beats by Dr. Dre Tour In-Ear Headphones by juston
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)