Good eye. I had UE build my IEM with the legacy recessed socket / connector for cable compatibility with my UE10.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Universal similar to the Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor? Last post on 5/18/12 at 11:12pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor Remastered Giveaway Last post on 9/3/16 at 3:53pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Ultimate Ears + Astell & Kern Ultimate Bundle Deal Last post on 12/13/14 at 12:25pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Custom IEM advice Last post on 11/1/12 at 9:37am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- WICH IEM HAS THE FLATTEST SOUND SIGNATURE.. Last post on 4/25/16 at 8:58am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I want to thank @Todd of TTVJ for this wonderful surprise, and opportunity to review the fine Elear. It was a wonderful 7+ days, which I thoroughly enjoyed; extended due to a weather delay. Best...
Bought my Fiio X5 and it worked great for a few months, then one day, it got very hot ! so I sent it back for a warranty replacement, and it worked great until for just over a year, and now the...
AMPSANDSOUNDS KENZIE- what....a....WEEK! The Kenzie is handmade in Southern California with U.S.-sourced parts and custom hand-wound output transformers from Transcender, out of Hollister, CA....
Following the HD600s, I had simply obtained the Superlux 668b as a point of comparison and reference, as it is a well know and popular budget Headphone. My brother also uses a pair that he swears...
In an age where (multi-driver) hybrids are all the rage, the G3 is a single dynamic from a maker known for well-regarded, modestly-price earbuds. I bought these after reading the frenetic praise...
Ultimate Ears In-Ear Reference Monitors Review - Page 28post #406 of 71511/18/13 at 9:11am
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #407 of 71511/18/13 at 10:00am
I find the UERM to be very neutral and as others have said, a tool for critical evaluation. On the other hand, the 18s I auditioned produced a glorious sound. I was tempted to go for those but went with neutral. Not sure if I made the right call. In comparison, my Fostex TH900 produce that satisfying, beautiful sound that makes listening a pleasure and these days I reserve the UERM for travel, on the go use.post #408 of 71511/18/13 at 10:08amQuote:
Ah I had no idea UE would do that. I think I would have preferred that than the connector that sticks out.Quote:Originally Posted by classicjazz
I find the UERM to be very neutral and as others have said, a tool for critical evaluation. On the other hand, the 18s I auditioned produced a glorious sound. I was tempted to go for those but went with neutral. Not sure if I made the right call. In comparison, my Fostex TH900 produce that satisfying, beautiful sound that makes listening a pleasure and these days I reserve the UERM for travel, on the go use.
The UERM is probably the most neutral piece of gear that I own. However if that's good for you or not it is up to you. I remember hearing a demo of the UE18 when I bought the UERM and found that it would be a more popular signature than the UERM as a lot of people I know would rather have something more colored than neutral.post #409 of 71511/18/13 at 10:19ampost #410 of 71511/19/13 at 4:07pmpost #411 of 71511/19/13 at 4:21pm
I do find the UERMs engaging in that they do not mask anything. I like that. This is why I opted for the RMs over the 18s. I also felt that the bass on the 18s was a bit loose and the soundstage was a bit too deep. Perhaps it depends on what you listen for. Some people absolutely prioritize midrange purity, others bass slam or treble extension.
I do like accurate treble and properly damped bass and pursue neutrality in my loudspeaker/main system and I guess this same preference manifests itself in my earphone listening...post #412 of 71511/19/13 at 5:40pmQuote:post #413 of 71511/19/13 at 5:41pmpost #414 of 71511/19/13 at 5:46pmpost #415 of 71511/19/13 at 5:54pmpost #416 of 71511/19/13 at 5:55pmpost #417 of 71511/19/13 at 5:58pm
There was a UERM/TFRM tour. Rin modded a pair of TF10 to have similar sound sig to UERM, and had that and universal UERM on a tour.
But seriously, you have to try the UERM. It's so delicate. Hah. Idk how to word it. It's smooth, liquid, natural, engaging, clear.....post #418 of 71511/19/13 at 6:00pmpost #419 of 71511/19/13 at 6:02pmQuote:
Lol. Don't stress over it.
Why don't you buy UERM and sell some of your other gears? That's always an option. I do that a lot.post #420 of 71511/19/13 at 6:03pmQuote:
Yes yes yes yes yes
Yet can be incredibly crisp, while being liquid and smooth. I don't even...
You're not helping!Quote:
I'm about to consider this. I just can't justify $999 for happiness yet.
Edited by vwinter - 11/19/13 at 6:06pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ultimate Ears In-Ear Reference Monitors Review
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread 32 seconds ago
- › Aune M1s Impressions & Discussion Thread (Aune's newest hi-res DAP... 37 seconds ago
- › Obscure Chinese DAPs 1 minute ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 3 minutes ago
- › Best earbuds to get 4 minutes ago
- › Rate The Last Movie You Watched 4 minutes ago
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes 7 minutes ago
- › can some one explain to me using too powerful amp on iems and its... 7 minutes ago
- › New Dragonfly Black and Red Discussion 7 minutes ago
- › DX200 Details, features and specifications 1st page. With WiFi and... 9 minutes ago
- › Focal Elear by ngoshawk
- › FiiO X5 High-res Portable Music Player by GhostPhantom
- › ampsandsound Kenzie Headphone Amplifier by ngoshawk
- › Superlux HD-668 B by snapacap
- › TY Hi-Z G3 by loomisjohnson
- › Accutone Pisces BA Hybrid IEM by crabdog
- › Schiit Modi Multibit by Trogdor
- › InEar ProPhile 8 by Mimouille
- › Campfire Audio Vega by Currawong
- › Astell & Kern AK Jr. Hi-Res Music Player 64GB by vincik
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear