Good eye. I had UE build my IEM with the legacy recessed socket / connector for cable compatibility with my UE10.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Universal similar to the Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor? Last post on 5/18/12 at 11:12pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ultimate Ears + Astell & Kern Ultimate Bundle Deal Last post on 12/13/14 at 12:25pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Custom IEM advice Last post on 11/1/12 at 9:37am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- WICH IEM HAS THE FLATTEST SOUND SIGNATURE.. Last post on 4/25/16 at 8:58am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Custom IEM Review: Heir Audio 8.A – Long live the king Last post on 1/2/13 at 9:04pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 11/25/15
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Ultimate Ears In-Ear Reference Monitors Review - Page 28post #406 of 71511/18/13 at 9:11am
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #407 of 71511/18/13 at 10:00am
I find the UERM to be very neutral and as others have said, a tool for critical evaluation. On the other hand, the 18s I auditioned produced a glorious sound. I was tempted to go for those but went with neutral. Not sure if I made the right call. In comparison, my Fostex TH900 produce that satisfying, beautiful sound that makes listening a pleasure and these days I reserve the UERM for travel, on the go use.post #408 of 71511/18/13 at 10:08amQuote:
Ah I had no idea UE would do that. I think I would have preferred that than the connector that sticks out.Quote:Originally Posted by classicjazz
I find the UERM to be very neutral and as others have said, a tool for critical evaluation. On the other hand, the 18s I auditioned produced a glorious sound. I was tempted to go for those but went with neutral. Not sure if I made the right call. In comparison, my Fostex TH900 produce that satisfying, beautiful sound that makes listening a pleasure and these days I reserve the UERM for travel, on the go use.
The UERM is probably the most neutral piece of gear that I own. However if that's good for you or not it is up to you. I remember hearing a demo of the UE18 when I bought the UERM and found that it would be a more popular signature than the UERM as a lot of people I know would rather have something more colored than neutral.post #409 of 71511/18/13 at 10:19ampost #410 of 71511/19/13 at 4:07pmpost #411 of 71511/19/13 at 4:21pm
I do find the UERMs engaging in that they do not mask anything. I like that. This is why I opted for the RMs over the 18s. I also felt that the bass on the 18s was a bit loose and the soundstage was a bit too deep. Perhaps it depends on what you listen for. Some people absolutely prioritize midrange purity, others bass slam or treble extension.
I do like accurate treble and properly damped bass and pursue neutrality in my loudspeaker/main system and I guess this same preference manifests itself in my earphone listening...post #412 of 71511/19/13 at 5:40pmQuote:post #413 of 71511/19/13 at 5:41pmpost #414 of 71511/19/13 at 5:46pmpost #415 of 71511/19/13 at 5:54pmpost #416 of 71511/19/13 at 5:55pmpost #417 of 71511/19/13 at 5:58pm
There was a UERM/TFRM tour. Rin modded a pair of TF10 to have similar sound sig to UERM, and had that and universal UERM on a tour.
But seriously, you have to try the UERM. It's so delicate. Hah. Idk how to word it. It's smooth, liquid, natural, engaging, clear.....post #418 of 71511/19/13 at 6:00pmpost #419 of 71511/19/13 at 6:02pmQuote:
Lol. Don't stress over it.
Why don't you buy UERM and sell some of your other gears? That's always an option. I do that a lot.post #420 of 71511/19/13 at 6:03pmQuote:
Yes yes yes yes yes
Yet can be incredibly crisp, while being liquid and smooth. I don't even...
You're not helping!Quote:
I'm about to consider this. I just can't justify $999 for happiness yet.
Edited by vwinter - 11/19/13 at 6:06pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ultimate Ears In-Ear Reference Monitors Review
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Q701 impressions thread 24 seconds ago
- › Shozy Zero: $50 IEMs with real rosewood, taking on the $500 big boys! 32 seconds ago
- › My first good quality headphone/amp combo. Need help. 50 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 50 seconds ago
- › REVIEW: SoundMagic HP200 1 minute ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 1 minute ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 3 minutes ago
- › OPPO PM-3 Portable Planar Magnetic Headphones Loaner Program 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 558 by Midgetguy
- › Pai Audio MR4 by HiFiChris
- › Echobox Audio Finder X1 by Hisoundfi
- › Alpha & Delta D2 by Hisoundfi
- › RHA MA750i by Cinder
- › RM-S1 Wired Sport Headset Stereo Headphone Earphone For iPhone 6... by Redcarmoose
- › Westone Um Pro 50 Clear Earbuds by ryanjsoo
- › Oriolus In-Ear Monitors (v2) by Aerosphere
- › SoundMAGIC HP100 Premium Over-the-Ear Folding Headphone by harry501501
- › Audio-Opus Opus#1 by musicday
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...