Good eye. I had UE build my IEM with the legacy recessed socket / connector for cable compatibility with my UE10.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Universal similar to the Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor? Last post on 5/18/12 at 11:12pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor Remastered Giveaway Last post on 9/3/16 at 3:53pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Ultimate Ears + Astell & Kern Ultimate Bundle Deal Last post on 12/13/14 at 12:25pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Custom IEM advice Last post on 11/1/12 at 9:37am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- WICH IEM HAS THE FLATTEST SOUND SIGNATURE.. Last post on 4/25/16 at 8:58am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
First if I would like to thank Meze for including me in their review program. I did NOT receive these for free, like all other reviewers in the program I have been given a 1 week window to...
Intro Meze Headphones is a company with a simple philosophy; Motivation, Values, People. With a passion for art and music, achieved through patience and dedication, Meze design...
Initial & information from the Rock Jaw website: I happened across the Rock Jaw sponsor page listing the need to review their Resonate BA-Hybrid IEM. Not knowing much about either, I threw my...
These headphones are well known for its low price and quality. I think they should be called shockers because when you look at them its one thing but when you listen to them suddenly they change to...
Final chose me to review the F7200 (review here) and the F4100 ($280) and provided samples free of charge. I have spent several days listening to the F4100, and I believe I can give an...
Ultimate Ears In-Ear Reference Monitors Review - Page 28post #406 of 71611/18/13 at 9:11am
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #407 of 71611/18/13 at 10:00am
I find the UERM to be very neutral and as others have said, a tool for critical evaluation. On the other hand, the 18s I auditioned produced a glorious sound. I was tempted to go for those but went with neutral. Not sure if I made the right call. In comparison, my Fostex TH900 produce that satisfying, beautiful sound that makes listening a pleasure and these days I reserve the UERM for travel, on the go use.post #408 of 71611/18/13 at 10:08amQuote:
Ah I had no idea UE would do that. I think I would have preferred that than the connector that sticks out.Quote:Originally Posted by classicjazz
I find the UERM to be very neutral and as others have said, a tool for critical evaluation. On the other hand, the 18s I auditioned produced a glorious sound. I was tempted to go for those but went with neutral. Not sure if I made the right call. In comparison, my Fostex TH900 produce that satisfying, beautiful sound that makes listening a pleasure and these days I reserve the UERM for travel, on the go use.
The UERM is probably the most neutral piece of gear that I own. However if that's good for you or not it is up to you. I remember hearing a demo of the UE18 when I bought the UERM and found that it would be a more popular signature than the UERM as a lot of people I know would rather have something more colored than neutral.post #409 of 71611/18/13 at 10:19ampost #410 of 71611/19/13 at 4:07pmpost #411 of 71611/19/13 at 4:21pm
I do find the UERMs engaging in that they do not mask anything. I like that. This is why I opted for the RMs over the 18s. I also felt that the bass on the 18s was a bit loose and the soundstage was a bit too deep. Perhaps it depends on what you listen for. Some people absolutely prioritize midrange purity, others bass slam or treble extension.
I do like accurate treble and properly damped bass and pursue neutrality in my loudspeaker/main system and I guess this same preference manifests itself in my earphone listening...post #412 of 71611/19/13 at 5:40pmQuote:post #413 of 71611/19/13 at 5:41pmpost #414 of 71611/19/13 at 5:46pmpost #415 of 71611/19/13 at 5:54pmpost #416 of 71611/19/13 at 5:55pmpost #417 of 71611/19/13 at 5:58pm
There was a UERM/TFRM tour. Rin modded a pair of TF10 to have similar sound sig to UERM, and had that and universal UERM on a tour.
But seriously, you have to try the UERM. It's so delicate. Hah. Idk how to word it. It's smooth, liquid, natural, engaging, clear.....post #418 of 71611/19/13 at 6:00pmpost #419 of 71611/19/13 at 6:02pmQuote:
Lol. Don't stress over it.
Why don't you buy UERM and sell some of your other gears? That's always an option. I do that a lot.post #420 of 71611/19/13 at 6:03pmQuote:
Yes yes yes yes yes
Yet can be incredibly crisp, while being liquid and smooth. I don't even...
You're not helping!Quote:
I'm about to consider this. I just can't justify $999 for happiness yet.
Edited by vwinter - 11/19/13 at 6:06pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ultimate Ears In-Ear Reference Monitors Review
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Three New Amps on Preorder from Audio-GD (C-2 11th Anniversary... 1 minute ago
- › Meze 99 Classics Discussion + Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Rose Technology Discussion & Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 4 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 4 minutes ago
- › Review: CEntrance DACport Slim DAC/Amp Combo 7 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 8 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 8 minutes ago
- › Audeze EL-8 Impressions Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Meze 99 Neo by dweaver
- › Meze 12 Classics by Bansaku
- › Rock Jaw Audio Resonate by ngoshawk
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by krenky
- › Final F4100 by jwbrent
- › Audio-Technica AT-PHA100 by Army-Firedawg
- › Noble Audio Katana by EZE99
- › AKG K 550 by Mink
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by krenky
- › Edifier K180 by Redcarmoose
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear