I wouldn't say the UERM is better. They are completely different sound signatures however and I see more people picking the UE18 over the UERM.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Universal similar to the Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor? Last post on 5/18/12 at 11:12pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor Remastered Giveaway Last post on 9/3/16 at 3:53pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Ultimate Ears + Astell & Kern Ultimate Bundle Deal Last post on 12/13/14 at 12:25pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Custom IEM advice Last post on 11/1/12 at 9:37am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- WICH IEM HAS THE FLATTEST SOUND SIGNATURE.. Last post on 4/25/16 at 8:58am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
These are *fantastic* for the price. Compared side by side to some old Sennheiser MX500s, that cost at least 4x as much, the Monk+ absolutely wipes the floor - they are hugely superior. Warm...
Acknowledgment Thanks, @Andykong at Cayin, and @Takeanidea for organizing the UK wing of the worldwide extravaganza of i5 tour. It is always an honour to work with great companies and dear...
Introductory word They say that once you go black.... yeah. This is quite self-explanatory. And behold, black iFi Audio product emerged. I can only say - finally. Cheers to 'em English folks....
Company 64 Audio (former 1964 Ears) is a well-known maker of top-level multidriver IEMs. They are offering a big range of models, but the most attractive feature of their earphones is APEX...
In my self-imposed haughtiness and superiority, I have always told Alfred and Martin that I will be the high-end reviewer for this blog, and that they should be responsible for more budget...
Ultimate Ears In-Ear Reference Monitors Review - Page 23post #331 of 71510/17/13 at 7:09pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #332 of 71510/17/13 at 7:15pmQuote:Originally Posted by tomscy2000
Try appealing to Hidition users, i.e. the choir.
+2 on the turnaround time --- it was 30 days on the dot, from the date of the initial e-mail sent to receiving (international shipping). The improvements on meeting turnaround targets that I spoke to Mr. Depallens are indeed being felt.
It took 2 weeks once my package got to UE. That was really quick.post #333 of 71510/17/13 at 7:25pmQuote:
I actually find the UE11 to be the overall superior choice to the UE18. There are presentation benefits to the UE18, i.e. more broad and open, but the overall response is quite muffled, and they introduced a sharp notch in the lower treble, which isn't conducive to a complete sound presentation, even if it might subjectively warm up the music.Quote:
Well, mine was a special case and particularly low priority. But yes, it does usually take two weeks, rather than the four for mine.post #334 of 71510/18/13 at 3:31ampost #335 of 71510/18/13 at 4:06amQuote:
No no. Now it's going to be painful waiting time, with you checking the tracking code every hour.post #336 of 71510/18/13 at 4:14am
Nope.. not worried about the wait one bit, kimvictor.. I've got the JH13 FP, HD600, and HE-500 to keep me 'busy' for the time being. I am extremely curious as to how a (true) custom fit UERM will sound since I've only heard a demo.. and it impressed me enough (in just a few hours) to where I knew i had to order one. Nevertheless, I've very excited to hear it again!post #337 of 71510/18/13 at 12:59pm
This is a good time to post that I levelled up my portable rig...it needed a bump in the "arms race" between my desktop and portable rigs.
(Thanks to Anax for having me hear his rig at RMAF).
Picked up a JDS Labs ODAC at RMAF to feed the Leckerton UHA-6S Mk II with AD 4627 opamps:
Getting a BIG sound- nice full-body and the right balance/amount of warmth/clarity.
Dimensionality that reminds me of my BA set-up.
Still have the Leck DAC section too for a slightly different presentation that is also nice, a "wee dash" smaller/cleaner.
Initial impressions. Spending some time comparing but more time just enjoying...the portable rig continues to scale.post #338 of 71510/18/13 at 3:41pmpost #339 of 71510/18/13 at 4:13pmpost #340 of 71510/18/13 at 4:15pm
CEE TEE, is that cable different from the stock UE cable? It looks a bit different.
I'm pretty satisfied with either my X3 or DX50 with the UERM. I don't think I'll go any higher in daps.post #341 of 71510/18/13 at 4:29pmQuote:
Hey CEE TEE
I would recommend trying the AK120 without EQ. Great with the UERM's.post #342 of 71510/18/13 at 4:30pm
Hi rawrster, the cable is an iDevice cable that UE makes. $49.
I really like the look and feel of the clear/silver UE cable, but am now hooked on the start/stop/volume controls when I am running around with just UERM/iPhone.
Also, if you handle the clear/silver cables a lot (or are in a very humid environment, they can start to turn green but I don't mind that).
Unfortunately, I think that the voice cable only functions for volume control on an android device...hopefully there will be an android version sometime.
Two other things I like about the voice cable are that the right-angle plug is chamfered/tapered a bit to fit through more cases and if my phone rings I can answer it easily (if I am directly plugged into the phone). Takes some getting used to having your ears plugged while talking, LOL.
Controls don't "pass-through" if going through an amp though and I think the memory wire on the stock cables is a bit thicker.
Also, I need to figure out once and for all how a couple of the other functions with the cable work- when I tap the center button multiple times I sometimes start the track over and sometimes forward to the next track. The Ultimate Ears Pro website doesn't have any instructions, I don't think... (I keep meaning to ask them about this.)
Hope this helps!post #343 of 71510/19/13 at 6:08pmpost #344 of 71510/19/13 at 8:21pmpost #345 of 71510/20/13 at 7:55amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ultimate Ears In-Ear Reference Monitors Review
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Review on HtC 10 and Sound quality (AQstic Dedicated Integrated DAC) 15 seconds ago
- › New IEM for a cable breaker. 35 seconds ago
- › despite a luke warm review on what hi-fi..and limited other info..... 1 minute ago
- › WA22 let's roll some tubes (Done Mod, Burnning-in) 2 minutes ago
- › Little Dot I+ Tube Rolling 2 minutes ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 3 minutes ago
- › What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter) 4 minutes ago
- › OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio WA22 Amp Owner Unite 6 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆ 6 minutes ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk+/Monk Plus by spronkey
- › Cayin i5 by glassmonkey
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by 00lunar
- › 64 Audio U12 Universal In-Ear Monitor by cleg
- › qdc Balanced armature type (BA type) 3SH （QDC-4024） by prismstorm
- › Sangdo Headset Mic for Sony MH EX300AP L36H L36I C6603 LT26II LT28H... by Griffith
- › Denon AH-D600 by theminstrel
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by theminstrel
- › Burson Audio Cable+ by markbrauer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by theminstrel
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear