I wouldn't say the UERM is better. They are completely different sound signatures however and I see more people picking the UE18 over the UERM.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Universal similar to the Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor? Last post on 5/18/12 at 11:12pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ultimate Ears + Astell & Kern Ultimate Bundle Deal Last post on 12/13/14 at 12:25pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Custom IEM advice Last post on 11/1/12 at 9:37am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- WICH IEM HAS THE FLATTEST SOUND SIGNATURE.. Last post on 12/29/14 at 8:36am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Custom IEM Review: Heir Audio 8.A – Long live the king Last post on 1/2/13 at 9:04pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 3/10/15
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S Quick Review Thanks to Hifiheadphones for the sample. Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/770243/soundmagic-e50-e50s-review-by-mark2410 Brief: A middy...
Before I get into my review, some disclosure: I received a free loaner unit as part of a mini North American tour, set up and sponsored by @EmpJ of CTC Audio. I got to keep the unit for a...
First off, I want to thank Brainwavz and Audrey for this BLU-100 unit. Packaging and Accessories I received the BLU-100 before its release and it came in the Brainwavz iem case without...
These have been the best headphones I have used for $99. For the few weeks they worked, it was amazing. Unfortunately, after a few weeks, the right earcup detached from the headband. They seem to...
It was a long time since I orignally intended to write this review as I wanted to check black Velvet in addition to the Crystal velvet I've had. You can find a lot of impression on Head-fi...
Ultimate Ears In-Ear Reference Monitors Review - Page 23post #331 of 70710/17/13 at 7:09pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #332 of 70710/17/13 at 7:15pmQuote:Originally Posted by tomscy2000
Try appealing to Hidition users, i.e. the choir.
+2 on the turnaround time --- it was 30 days on the dot, from the date of the initial e-mail sent to receiving (international shipping). The improvements on meeting turnaround targets that I spoke to Mr. Depallens are indeed being felt.
It took 2 weeks once my package got to UE. That was really quick.post #333 of 70710/17/13 at 7:25pmQuote:
I actually find the UE11 to be the overall superior choice to the UE18. There are presentation benefits to the UE18, i.e. more broad and open, but the overall response is quite muffled, and they introduced a sharp notch in the lower treble, which isn't conducive to a complete sound presentation, even if it might subjectively warm up the music.Quote:
Well, mine was a special case and particularly low priority. But yes, it does usually take two weeks, rather than the four for mine.post #334 of 70710/18/13 at 3:31ampost #335 of 70710/18/13 at 4:06amQuote:
No no. Now it's going to be painful waiting time, with you checking the tracking code every hour.post #336 of 70710/18/13 at 4:14am
Nope.. not worried about the wait one bit, kimvictor.. I've got the JH13 FP, HD600, and HE-500 to keep me 'busy' for the time being. I am extremely curious as to how a (true) custom fit UERM will sound since I've only heard a demo.. and it impressed me enough (in just a few hours) to where I knew i had to order one. Nevertheless, I've very excited to hear it again!post #337 of 70710/18/13 at 12:59pm
This is a good time to post that I levelled up my portable rig...it needed a bump in the "arms race" between my desktop and portable rigs.
(Thanks to Anax for having me hear his rig at RMAF).
Picked up a JDS Labs ODAC at RMAF to feed the Leckerton UHA-6S Mk II with AD 4627 opamps:
Getting a BIG sound- nice full-body and the right balance/amount of warmth/clarity.
Dimensionality that reminds me of my BA set-up.
Still have the Leck DAC section too for a slightly different presentation that is also nice, a "wee dash" smaller/cleaner.
Initial impressions. Spending some time comparing but more time just enjoying...the portable rig continues to scale.post #338 of 70710/18/13 at 3:41pmpost #339 of 70710/18/13 at 4:13pmpost #340 of 70710/18/13 at 4:15pm
CEE TEE, is that cable different from the stock UE cable? It looks a bit different.
I'm pretty satisfied with either my X3 or DX50 with the UERM. I don't think I'll go any higher in daps.post #341 of 70710/18/13 at 4:29pmQuote:
Hey CEE TEE
I would recommend trying the AK120 without EQ. Great with the UERM's.post #342 of 70710/18/13 at 4:30pm
Hi rawrster, the cable is an iDevice cable that UE makes. $49.
I really like the look and feel of the clear/silver UE cable, but am now hooked on the start/stop/volume controls when I am running around with just UERM/iPhone.
Also, if you handle the clear/silver cables a lot (or are in a very humid environment, they can start to turn green but I don't mind that).
Unfortunately, I think that the voice cable only functions for volume control on an android device...hopefully there will be an android version sometime.
Two other things I like about the voice cable are that the right-angle plug is chamfered/tapered a bit to fit through more cases and if my phone rings I can answer it easily (if I am directly plugged into the phone). Takes some getting used to having your ears plugged while talking, LOL.
Controls don't "pass-through" if going through an amp though and I think the memory wire on the stock cables is a bit thicker.
Also, I need to figure out once and for all how a couple of the other functions with the cable work- when I tap the center button multiple times I sometimes start the track over and sometimes forward to the next track. The Ultimate Ears Pro website doesn't have any instructions, I don't think... (I keep meaning to ask them about this.)
Hope this helps!post #343 of 70710/19/13 at 6:08pmpost #344 of 70710/19/13 at 8:21pmpost #345 of 70710/20/13 at 7:55amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ultimate Ears In-Ear Reference Monitors Review
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › New Audio-gd DAC-19 [10th Anniversary Edition] 7 seconds ago
- › Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign 15 seconds ago
- › Astell & Kern Junior (AK Jr.) Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 1 minute ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 1 minute ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 2 minutes ago
- › The AKG K7XX Massdrop First Edition Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by mark2410
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by hakushondaimao
- › Brainwavz BLU-100 Bluetooth IEMs by kova4a
- › Grado Labs SR80e by SeraphSolus
- › EarSonics Velvet by LMka
- › Audio-Technica In-Ear Headphones ATH-CKR9 (Japan Import) by peter123
- › Ultimate Ears super.fi 3 Studio - Headphones ( in-ear ear-bud ) -... by Lewzke
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by chowmein83
- › Alclair Curve by Brooko
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by wofsie
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2