I wouldn't say the UERM is better. They are completely different sound signatures however and I see more people picking the UE18 over the UERM.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Universal similar to the Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor? Last post on 5/18/12 at 11:12pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor Remastered Giveaway Last post on Yesterday at 8:58 pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Ultimate Ears + Astell & Kern Ultimate Bundle Deal Last post on 12/13/14 at 12:25pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Custom IEM advice Last post on 11/1/12 at 9:37am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- WICH IEM HAS THE FLATTEST SOUND SIGNATURE.. Last post on 4/25/16 at 8:58am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 11/25/15
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
INTRODUCTION I have received FiiO DK1 directly from FiiO company in exchange for my honest opinion (as you will surely find out soon). BACKGROUND This will be short, since you don't...
I do like this headphone quite a bit although I'll be the first to say that I have a soft spot for Beyer phones being my first taste of the audiophile world. This is a review of a...
When I was a child in the '80s, one of my neighbour's kids, a gloriously goofy-looking guy of the era, was always out on his driveway fixing his motorbikes, then later, his car, a vintage Ford V8....
"In a cold world of flagships, the LCD-4 gives me the warmth I have been asking for." -Probably someone...
This review is for someone looking for a good pair of in-ear headphones after using over-ear phones; that's the situation where I am coming from at least, as I have been using Sennheiser's HD598...
Ultimate Ears In-Ear Reference Monitors Review - Page 23post #331 of 71510/17/13 at 7:09pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #332 of 71510/17/13 at 7:15pmQuote:Originally Posted by tomscy2000
Try appealing to Hidition users, i.e. the choir.
+2 on the turnaround time --- it was 30 days on the dot, from the date of the initial e-mail sent to receiving (international shipping). The improvements on meeting turnaround targets that I spoke to Mr. Depallens are indeed being felt.
It took 2 weeks once my package got to UE. That was really quick.post #333 of 71510/17/13 at 7:25pmQuote:
I actually find the UE11 to be the overall superior choice to the UE18. There are presentation benefits to the UE18, i.e. more broad and open, but the overall response is quite muffled, and they introduced a sharp notch in the lower treble, which isn't conducive to a complete sound presentation, even if it might subjectively warm up the music.Quote:
Well, mine was a special case and particularly low priority. But yes, it does usually take two weeks, rather than the four for mine.post #334 of 71510/18/13 at 3:31ampost #335 of 71510/18/13 at 4:06amQuote:
No no. Now it's going to be painful waiting time, with you checking the tracking code every hour.post #336 of 71510/18/13 at 4:14am
Nope.. not worried about the wait one bit, kimvictor.. I've got the JH13 FP, HD600, and HE-500 to keep me 'busy' for the time being. I am extremely curious as to how a (true) custom fit UERM will sound since I've only heard a demo.. and it impressed me enough (in just a few hours) to where I knew i had to order one. Nevertheless, I've very excited to hear it again!post #337 of 71510/18/13 at 12:59pm
This is a good time to post that I levelled up my portable rig...it needed a bump in the "arms race" between my desktop and portable rigs.
(Thanks to Anax for having me hear his rig at RMAF).
Picked up a JDS Labs ODAC at RMAF to feed the Leckerton UHA-6S Mk II with AD 4627 opamps:
Getting a BIG sound- nice full-body and the right balance/amount of warmth/clarity.
Dimensionality that reminds me of my BA set-up.
Still have the Leck DAC section too for a slightly different presentation that is also nice, a "wee dash" smaller/cleaner.
Initial impressions. Spending some time comparing but more time just enjoying...the portable rig continues to scale.post #338 of 71510/18/13 at 3:41pmpost #339 of 71510/18/13 at 4:13pmpost #340 of 71510/18/13 at 4:15pm
CEE TEE, is that cable different from the stock UE cable? It looks a bit different.
I'm pretty satisfied with either my X3 or DX50 with the UERM. I don't think I'll go any higher in daps.post #341 of 71510/18/13 at 4:29pmQuote:
Hey CEE TEE
I would recommend trying the AK120 without EQ. Great with the UERM's.post #342 of 71510/18/13 at 4:30pm
Hi rawrster, the cable is an iDevice cable that UE makes. $49.
I really like the look and feel of the clear/silver UE cable, but am now hooked on the start/stop/volume controls when I am running around with just UERM/iPhone.
Also, if you handle the clear/silver cables a lot (or are in a very humid environment, they can start to turn green but I don't mind that).
Unfortunately, I think that the voice cable only functions for volume control on an android device...hopefully there will be an android version sometime.
Two other things I like about the voice cable are that the right-angle plug is chamfered/tapered a bit to fit through more cases and if my phone rings I can answer it easily (if I am directly plugged into the phone). Takes some getting used to having your ears plugged while talking, LOL.
Controls don't "pass-through" if going through an amp though and I think the memory wire on the stock cables is a bit thicker.
Also, I need to figure out once and for all how a couple of the other functions with the cable work- when I tap the center button multiple times I sometimes start the track over and sometimes forward to the next track. The Ultimate Ears Pro website doesn't have any instructions, I don't think... (I keep meaning to ask them about this.)
Hope this helps!post #343 of 71510/19/13 at 6:08pmpost #344 of 71510/19/13 at 8:21pmpost #345 of 71510/20/13 at 7:55amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ultimate Ears In-Ear Reference Monitors Review
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 42 seconds ago
- › Review - AGPTEK Lossless MP3 Player 2 minutes ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Appreciation Thread – a New Start (please read... 3 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 3 minutes ago
- › Android phone amp without dac 3 minutes ago
- › Rising cost of "audiophile" equipment and importance of bias/blind... 6 minutes ago
- › RHA - T20 - Impressions, Reviews, and questions 7 minutes ago
- › Q701 impressions thread 8 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 8 minutes ago
- › Lightning port headphones 8 minutes ago
- › FiiO Multifunction Dock (DK1) by OSiRiSsk
- › beyerdynamic DT 1770 PRO Studio Headphones by Soundsgoodtome
- › Chord DAVE by Currawong
- › Audeze LCD-4 by Dillan
- › Sennheiser IE80 by AnssiRai
- › Effect Audio Ares II + Plus Edition IEM cable by sonickarma
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by Tayyab Pirzada
- › Edifier S1000DB Audiophile Active Bookshelf Speakers - Bluetooth... by dnun8086
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones by Llloyd
- › Simaudio 230HAD by sheldaze
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...