I wouldn't say the UERM is better. They are completely different sound signatures however and I see more people picking the UE18 over the UERM.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Universal similar to the Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor? Last post on 5/18/12 at 11:12pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ultimate Ears + Astell & Kern Ultimate Bundle Deal Last post on 12/13/14 at 12:25pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Custom IEM advice Last post on 11/1/12 at 9:37am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- WICH IEM HAS THE FLATTEST SOUND SIGNATURE.. Last post on 12/29/14 at 8:36am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Custom IEM Review: Heir Audio 8.A – Long live the king Last post on 1/2/13 at 9:04pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 6/26/15
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Many thanks to Venture Electronics for the VE Monk review sample! Product website: http://eng.52ve.cn/product.php?cm_id=205 I haven't been using earbud for quite a long time since my...
INTRODUCTION: The Havit H91DJ is a budget over-ear headphone with a warm signature. Sound quality is very impressive considering the low cost. The value of these headphones is quite high,...
Intro: SoundFoundations, is a company which manufactures accessories like racks, stands, and vibration control & custom cables. It is based in India. SoundFoundations is known in India for...
Introduction I would like to start this review off by saying thank you to the folks at Pro-Ject Audio systems for lending me a pair of their brand new Hear-it-One headphones....
Preamble: Before I start with my review, I’d like to thank Vivian from DUNU-Topsound for providing me with a sample of the DN-2000J for my evaluation. My review reflects my actual honest opinion...
Ultimate Ears In-Ear Reference Monitors Review - Page 23post #331 of 71410/17/13 at 7:09pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #332 of 71410/17/13 at 7:15pmQuote:Originally Posted by tomscy2000
Try appealing to Hidition users, i.e. the choir.
+2 on the turnaround time --- it was 30 days on the dot, from the date of the initial e-mail sent to receiving (international shipping). The improvements on meeting turnaround targets that I spoke to Mr. Depallens are indeed being felt.
It took 2 weeks once my package got to UE. That was really quick.post #333 of 71410/17/13 at 7:25pmQuote:
I actually find the UE11 to be the overall superior choice to the UE18. There are presentation benefits to the UE18, i.e. more broad and open, but the overall response is quite muffled, and they introduced a sharp notch in the lower treble, which isn't conducive to a complete sound presentation, even if it might subjectively warm up the music.Quote:
Well, mine was a special case and particularly low priority. But yes, it does usually take two weeks, rather than the four for mine.post #334 of 71410/18/13 at 3:31ampost #335 of 71410/18/13 at 4:06amQuote:
No no. Now it's going to be painful waiting time, with you checking the tracking code every hour.post #336 of 71410/18/13 at 4:14am
Nope.. not worried about the wait one bit, kimvictor.. I've got the JH13 FP, HD600, and HE-500 to keep me 'busy' for the time being. I am extremely curious as to how a (true) custom fit UERM will sound since I've only heard a demo.. and it impressed me enough (in just a few hours) to where I knew i had to order one. Nevertheless, I've very excited to hear it again!post #337 of 71410/18/13 at 12:59pm
This is a good time to post that I levelled up my portable rig...it needed a bump in the "arms race" between my desktop and portable rigs.
(Thanks to Anax for having me hear his rig at RMAF).
Picked up a JDS Labs ODAC at RMAF to feed the Leckerton UHA-6S Mk II with AD 4627 opamps:
Getting a BIG sound- nice full-body and the right balance/amount of warmth/clarity.
Dimensionality that reminds me of my BA set-up.
Still have the Leck DAC section too for a slightly different presentation that is also nice, a "wee dash" smaller/cleaner.
Initial impressions. Spending some time comparing but more time just enjoying...the portable rig continues to scale.post #338 of 71410/18/13 at 3:41pmpost #339 of 71410/18/13 at 4:13pmpost #340 of 71410/18/13 at 4:15pm
CEE TEE, is that cable different from the stock UE cable? It looks a bit different.
I'm pretty satisfied with either my X3 or DX50 with the UERM. I don't think I'll go any higher in daps.post #341 of 71410/18/13 at 4:29pmQuote:
Hey CEE TEE
I would recommend trying the AK120 without EQ. Great with the UERM's.post #342 of 71410/18/13 at 4:30pm
Hi rawrster, the cable is an iDevice cable that UE makes. $49.
I really like the look and feel of the clear/silver UE cable, but am now hooked on the start/stop/volume controls when I am running around with just UERM/iPhone.
Also, if you handle the clear/silver cables a lot (or are in a very humid environment, they can start to turn green but I don't mind that).
Unfortunately, I think that the voice cable only functions for volume control on an android device...hopefully there will be an android version sometime.
Two other things I like about the voice cable are that the right-angle plug is chamfered/tapered a bit to fit through more cases and if my phone rings I can answer it easily (if I am directly plugged into the phone). Takes some getting used to having your ears plugged while talking, LOL.
Controls don't "pass-through" if going through an amp though and I think the memory wire on the stock cables is a bit thicker.
Also, I need to figure out once and for all how a couple of the other functions with the cable work- when I tap the center button multiple times I sometimes start the track over and sometimes forward to the next track. The Ultimate Ears Pro website doesn't have any instructions, I don't think... (I keep meaning to ask them about this.)
Hope this helps!post #343 of 71410/19/13 at 6:08pmpost #344 of 71410/19/13 at 8:21pmpost #345 of 71410/20/13 at 7:55amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ultimate Ears In-Ear Reference Monitors Review
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Schiit Owners Unite 27 seconds ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 1 minute ago
- › Three Word Story 2 minutes ago
- › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+ SS Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post... 2 minutes ago
- › Perfect-Seal CIEM Demo USA Tour (Now Starting!) 2 minutes ago
- › Any word on a Louisville/Cincinatti/Indianapolis meet? 3 minutes ago
- › Damping Mechanical Resonance Distortion of STAX and other phones... 4 minutes ago
- › Questyle QP1 5 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 6 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 7 minutes ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk by earfonia
- › HAVIT® HV-H91DJ Professional Stereo Studio Dj Series Headphones... by Vividcard
- › SoundFoundations Barracuda PowerMax Elite by YoYo JoKeR
- › Pro-Ject Audio - Hear it One - Audiophile stereo headphone - Black by ForShure
- › DUNU DN-2000J by HiFiChris
- › MEElectronics A151 2nd Generation by HiFiChris
- › Sound Blaster E5 - 24-bit/192kHz High-Resolution USB DAC &... by hakushondaimao
- › Creative T4W 2.1 Wireless Bluetooth Speaker System by BloodyPenguin
- › G430 Gaming Headset by themastercheif
- › Logitech Wireless Gaming Headset G930 with 7.1 Surround Sound by themastercheif
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2