I wouldn't say the UERM is better. They are completely different sound signatures however and I see more people picking the UE18 over the UERM.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Universal similar to the Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor? Last post on 5/18/12 at 11:12pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ultimate Ears + Astell & Kern Ultimate Bundle Deal Last post on 11/22/14 at 12:01pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Custom IEM advice Last post on 11/1/12 at 9:37am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- WICH IEM HAS THE FLATTEST SOUND SIGNATURE.. Last post on 12/29/13 at 11:22pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Custom IEM Review: Heir Audio 8.A – Long live the king Last post on 1/2/13 at 9:04pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
The main selling point of this DAP is its size. Operation is straightforward, and small screen is better than none. Sound signature is likeable, detailed enough and musical enough. It uses RKnanoC...
I realize this is ancient news in 2014 but I recently rediscovered my iAudio7 and am loving it. It sounds remarkably good for a "fun"-signatured DAP and holy mackerel, the battery life is...
So I want to start off by stating that is this is my first real review of any headphone on this website. I am not an audiophile by any stretch of you imagination! I will try to best explain what my...
As an amateur hi-fi enthusiast I'm certainly no head-fi expert, but that won't stop me from saying that the Shure SRH840 professional monitoring headphones are a sweet sounding set of cans. I...
If you’re in the market for audiophile-grade headphones, you’ve probably heard of Germany’s professional audio electronics manufacturer Beyerdynamic. In the business of handcrafting premium...
Ultimate Ears In-Ear Reference Monitors Review - Page 23post #331 of 60910/17/13 at 7:09pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #332 of 60910/17/13 at 7:15pmQuote:Originally Posted by tomscy2000
Try appealing to Hidition users, i.e. the choir.
+2 on the turnaround time --- it was 30 days on the dot, from the date of the initial e-mail sent to receiving (international shipping). The improvements on meeting turnaround targets that I spoke to Mr. Depallens are indeed being felt.
It took 2 weeks once my package got to UE. That was really quick.post #333 of 60910/17/13 at 7:25pmQuote:
I actually find the UE11 to be the overall superior choice to the UE18. There are presentation benefits to the UE18, i.e. more broad and open, but the overall response is quite muffled, and they introduced a sharp notch in the lower treble, which isn't conducive to a complete sound presentation, even if it might subjectively warm up the music.Quote:
Well, mine was a special case and particularly low priority. But yes, it does usually take two weeks, rather than the four for mine.post #334 of 60910/18/13 at 3:31ampost #335 of 60910/18/13 at 4:06amQuote:
No no. Now it's going to be painful waiting time, with you checking the tracking code every hour.post #336 of 60910/18/13 at 4:14am
Nope.. not worried about the wait one bit, kimvictor.. I've got the JH13 FP, HD600, and HE-500 to keep me 'busy' for the time being. I am extremely curious as to how a (true) custom fit UERM will sound since I've only heard a demo.. and it impressed me enough (in just a few hours) to where I knew i had to order one. Nevertheless, I've very excited to hear it again!post #337 of 60910/18/13 at 12:59pm
This is a good time to post that I levelled up my portable rig...it needed a bump in the "arms race" between my desktop and portable rigs.
(Thanks to Anax for having me hear his rig at RMAF).
Picked up a JDS Labs ODAC at RMAF to feed the Leckerton UHA-6S Mk II with AD 4627 opamps:
Getting a BIG sound- nice full-body and the right balance/amount of warmth/clarity.
Dimensionality that reminds me of my BA set-up.
Still have the Leck DAC section too for a slightly different presentation that is also nice, a "wee dash" smaller/cleaner.
Initial impressions. Spending some time comparing but more time just enjoying...the portable rig continues to scale.post #338 of 60910/18/13 at 3:41pmpost #339 of 60910/18/13 at 4:13pmpost #340 of 60910/18/13 at 4:15pm
CEE TEE, is that cable different from the stock UE cable? It looks a bit different.
I'm pretty satisfied with either my X3 or DX50 with the UERM. I don't think I'll go any higher in daps.post #341 of 60910/18/13 at 4:29pmQuote:
Hey CEE TEE
I would recommend trying the AK120 without EQ. Great with the UERM's.post #342 of 60910/18/13 at 4:30pm
Hi rawrster, the cable is an iDevice cable that UE makes. $49.
I really like the look and feel of the clear/silver UE cable, but am now hooked on the start/stop/volume controls when I am running around with just UERM/iPhone.
Also, if you handle the clear/silver cables a lot (or are in a very humid environment, they can start to turn green but I don't mind that).
Unfortunately, I think that the voice cable only functions for volume control on an android device...hopefully there will be an android version sometime.
Two other things I like about the voice cable are that the right-angle plug is chamfered/tapered a bit to fit through more cases and if my phone rings I can answer it easily (if I am directly plugged into the phone). Takes some getting used to having your ears plugged while talking, LOL.
Controls don't "pass-through" if going through an amp though and I think the memory wire on the stock cables is a bit thicker.
Also, I need to figure out once and for all how a couple of the other functions with the cable work- when I tap the center button multiple times I sometimes start the track over and sometimes forward to the next track. The Ultimate Ears Pro website doesn't have any instructions, I don't think... (I keep meaning to ask them about this.)
Hope this helps!post #343 of 60910/19/13 at 6:08pmpost #344 of 60910/19/13 at 8:21pmpost #345 of 60910/20/13 at 7:55amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ultimate Ears In-Ear Reference Monitors Review
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › = HE-560 Enhancement Mod = 4 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK120 4 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 5 minutes ago
- › REVIEW : Fidue A81 - Warm, Smooth, Dynamic, Fun ! 5 minutes ago
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 7 minutes ago
- › Sony PHA-3 balanced portable dac/amp 7 minutes ago
- › Some HOT Science From Synergistic Research 8 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 9 minutes ago
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread 10 minutes ago
- › A little about the Shozy Alien 11 minutes ago
- › Basic K3 by nino9
- › Cowon iAUDIO 7 16Gb by Climber
- › Audio-Technica ATH-AD700X Audiophile Open-Air Headphones by TheHeadPhoneGuy
- › Shure SRH840 by SoundApprentice
- › Beyerdynamic DT-990 Professional Headphones by SoundApprentice
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by TheGame21x
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by anoobis
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by dweaver
- › Brainwavz HM5 Velor Memory Foam Replacements Earpads - Suitable For... by shockdoc
- › CAD MH310 ( Superlux HD662 ) by p13rrot
- › Caution Warnings When Purchasing Used...
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3