now that I have the custom cables on it, my UERM is a little more of a songbird and less neutral. for some that would be a negative, but since I mostly use it with my hifiman DAP while walking, I find it a good match. I still haven't been able to plug it into either of my tube amps, since one has a blown fuse and I haven't gotten around to opening it up, and the other needs tube updates and I'm casting a wide web for appropriate replacements... alas, it's USB DAC-amps or DAPs only for now...
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Universal similar to the Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor? Last post on 5/18/12 at 11:12pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor Remastered Giveaway Last post on 8/21/16 at 11:59am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Ultimate Ears + Astell & Kern Ultimate Bundle Deal Last post on 12/13/14 at 12:25pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Custom IEM advice Last post on 11/1/12 at 9:37am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- WICH IEM HAS THE FLATTEST SOUND SIGNATURE.. Last post on 4/25/16 at 8:58am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 11/25/15
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I was able to get these from a friend who used their employee discount, so ignore the price paid. I would consider myself a rookie when it comes to headphones, but not sound quality. My...
Best looking closed headphone on the market that acts just like a open headphone but brings the advantages of a closed headphone such as detail and imaging... It is combining both worlds and packs...
Hello people i guess its the time for me to review the WA5-LE and in this Part i will be covering the Takatsuki 300B Tubes. in Part 02 i will be covering the Elrog 300B (latest/newest...
Introduction: The Fischer Audio Omega FE-321 (Spark) is a lively little wonder of an IEM with a sparkly, bright sound and tiny footprint. The current price is US$59. Below is the...
About Me: I prefer IEMs over full size because of portability and comfort, though I have owned and own a a couple full size cans. I am a 29 year old music lover, i listen to all genres from R&B to...
Ultimate Ears In-Ear Reference Monitors Review - Page 10
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #137 of 7154/22/12 at 7:11pmpost #138 of 7154/22/12 at 7:36pmpost #139 of 7154/24/12 at 5:44pmQuote:
will do, have high hopes for that mini-meet ;-)
as for the cabling - yes, worth a try if you haven't yet, I like what a little silver does to the signature, but I may switch it back to the 11pro...post #140 of 7154/25/12 at 3:48pmpost #141 of 7154/25/12 at 4:16pm
Registered to say that I recently acquired a pair of UERMs, and that they're far and away the best headphones I've ever used. Now, I'm not a crazy person who spends thousands of dollars on pre-amps and magical cables, but these were absolutely worth the money. They are really well-balanced across the spectrum - the highs, mediums, and lows all sound wonderful. I've had them for about two months now, and would say I've logged at least 100 hours with them, listening to everything from Bobby Womack to Bjork, and everything has impressed me greatly.
If you're a semi-audiophile who was wondering if these are worth treating yourself, I believe that they are. And nobody seems to be bragging about their artwork - here's mine:
A question for IEM owners - do you guys purchase 3rd party extended warranties for these puppies? I did, because I didn't trust that a one-year warranty from UE was a safe bet on a $1,000+ piece of hardware.post #142 of 7154/25/12 at 7:26pm
Ha! Thanks, I wouldn't mind borrowing one. Having a unit that doesn't need anything strapped/glued to it would be pretty cool.
Also, I have read an opinion from Currawong that it is a great player with a desktop quality DAC. So that is interesting!
One thing that I would want to know before trying is if it is on the "warm" side though. With the RM I wouldn't mind a <leetle> extra bass at times but still flat and "connected/extended" across the rest of the range!
@ uncleezno- GREAT idea with the Radiohead graphic...with the milky-opaque shells that is one of the few designs that I (instantly) would like to have!post #143 of 7154/25/12 at 7:30pm
^ I've been thinking about the DX100 myself, but I was watching a review of it where the person was playing with it, and while the UI seems good, the touch screen's responsiveness seemed a bit sluggish, which is a bit of a concern for me.post #144 of 7154/25/12 at 7:45pmpost #145 of 7154/25/12 at 7:46pmQuote:
It used to be warmish but the firmware update that was just released today has made it sounds even more on the side of neutral and transparency.Quote:
The sluggishness is gone after the update as well.
Not that I am trying to promote the DX100 here but I wanted to know if it will pair well with the UERM. Would have a pair of UERM myself by now had I not used that moolah to buy myself a DX100 a while ago >_<post #146 of 7154/25/12 at 7:46pmpost #147 of 7154/25/12 at 7:48pm
^Also read that the UI was the "weakest link". I would like to have had a more "robust" experience of durability in my D12 as well.
Had to replace charging switch + send back to replace optical input jack + now waiting on a replacement headphone jack (but I probably caused that by using the Grado 1/4 to 3.5mm adapter during naps ).post #148 of 7154/25/12 at 7:49pmpost #149 of 7154/25/12 at 8:00pmQuote:
I will be quite interested to hear your impression on the DX100 on the ES5 and the UERM.
I hope that the guy's DX100 will have its firmware updated by then.
You can bring along a micro sd card with your test tracks preloaded in it.post #150 of 7154/25/12 at 8:52pmQuote:
I always have my test tracks on my phone's uSDHC as it's my main portable source and I have about 200GB worth of micro SD cards in my wallet. 192GB to be exact.
Been to a few rodeos in my day.
Edited by Anaxilus - 4/25/12 at 8:54pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ultimate Ears In-Ear Reference Monitors Review
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz) 13 seconds ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › The Stax Thread III 1 minute ago
- › AUDIO over IP - REDNET 3 & 16 Review. AES67 Sets A New Standard... 1 minute ago
- › Quality of Koss Portapro for voice 2 minutes ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read... 2 minutes ago
- › Official Schiit Vali 2 Thread 3 minutes ago
- › JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 6 minutes ago
- › TEAC UD-301 7 minutes ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by dlo13
- › Fostex TH 900 by roxrite
- › Woo Audio WA5 LE by Shini44
- › Fischer Audio Omega Spark by crabdog
- › MusicMaker Phantom III / Shockwave III by Lurk650
- › Mixcder ANC-G5 Active Noise Cancelling Hi-Fi In-ear Headphones,... by slowpickr
- › Vibro Labs Aria quad armature in-ear monitor by jjacq
- › Soundaware Esther by WCDchee
- › Fischer Audio Omega Twin by crabdog
- › Little Dot MK II by Jay Sullivan
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...