now that I have the custom cables on it, my UERM is a little more of a songbird and less neutral. for some that would be a negative, but since I mostly use it with my hifiman DAP while walking, I find it a good match. I still haven't been able to plug it into either of my tube amps, since one has a blown fuse and I haven't gotten around to opening it up, and the other needs tube updates and I'm casting a wide web for appropriate replacements... alas, it's USB DAC-amps or DAPs only for now...
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Universal similar to the Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor? Last post on 5/18/12 at 11:12pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ultimate Ears + Astell & Kern Ultimate Bundle Deal Last post on 8/1/14 at 10:17am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Custom IEM advice Last post on 11/1/12 at 9:37am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- WICH IEM HAS THE FLATTEST SOUND SIGNATURE.. Last post on 12/29/13 at 11:22pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Custom IEM Review: Heir Audio 8.A – Long live the king Last post on 1/2/13 at 9:04pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Intro The HE-400i is the latest headphone from Hifiman. It was released recently as a replacement for the popular HE-400. This write-up will give my initial impressions of the HE-400i as well as...
There's not much that haven't been said about this amazing universal IEM so I'll try not to repeat. I bought the TG334 at Fujiya Avic...thanks to AnakChan for his strong recommendation and for...
This is a review of Logitech/Ultimate Ears UE900s multi-driver in-ear monitors. http://www.ultimateears.com/en-us/900s The original UE900 was my first pair of hi-fi IEMs, the one which opened...
Brainwavz S5 Review: There are questions, and then there are questions that you get asked constantly. One of the most common requests of knowledge from me are on if unit X is better than unit...
I've received Concero HP from Ressonsense Labs for writing review in russian, but I want to share my thoughts with Head-Fi. As usual, I'll be somewhat brief, as I'm not so good in English, but I...
Ultimate Ears In-Ear Reference Monitors Review - Page 10
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #137 of 5744/22/12 at 7:11pmpost #138 of 5744/22/12 at 7:36pmpost #139 of 5744/24/12 at 5:44pmQuote:
will do, have high hopes for that mini-meet ;-)
as for the cabling - yes, worth a try if you haven't yet, I like what a little silver does to the signature, but I may switch it back to the 11pro...post #140 of 5744/25/12 at 3:48pmpost #141 of 5744/25/12 at 4:16pm
Registered to say that I recently acquired a pair of UERMs, and that they're far and away the best headphones I've ever used. Now, I'm not a crazy person who spends thousands of dollars on pre-amps and magical cables, but these were absolutely worth the money. They are really well-balanced across the spectrum - the highs, mediums, and lows all sound wonderful. I've had them for about two months now, and would say I've logged at least 100 hours with them, listening to everything from Bobby Womack to Bjork, and everything has impressed me greatly.
If you're a semi-audiophile who was wondering if these are worth treating yourself, I believe that they are. And nobody seems to be bragging about their artwork - here's mine:
A question for IEM owners - do you guys purchase 3rd party extended warranties for these puppies? I did, because I didn't trust that a one-year warranty from UE was a safe bet on a $1,000+ piece of hardware.post #142 of 5744/25/12 at 7:26pm
Ha! Thanks, I wouldn't mind borrowing one. Having a unit that doesn't need anything strapped/glued to it would be pretty cool.
Also, I have read an opinion from Currawong that it is a great player with a desktop quality DAC. So that is interesting!
One thing that I would want to know before trying is if it is on the "warm" side though. With the RM I wouldn't mind a <leetle> extra bass at times but still flat and "connected/extended" across the rest of the range!
@ uncleezno- GREAT idea with the Radiohead graphic...with the milky-opaque shells that is one of the few designs that I (instantly) would like to have!post #143 of 5744/25/12 at 7:30pm
^ I've been thinking about the DX100 myself, but I was watching a review of it where the person was playing with it, and while the UI seems good, the touch screen's responsiveness seemed a bit sluggish, which is a bit of a concern for me.post #144 of 5744/25/12 at 7:45pmpost #145 of 5744/25/12 at 7:46pmQuote:
It used to be warmish but the firmware update that was just released today has made it sounds even more on the side of neutral and transparency.Quote:
The sluggishness is gone after the update as well.
Not that I am trying to promote the DX100 here but I wanted to know if it will pair well with the UERM. Would have a pair of UERM myself by now had I not used that moolah to buy myself a DX100 a while ago >_<post #146 of 5744/25/12 at 7:46pmpost #147 of 5744/25/12 at 7:48pm
^Also read that the UI was the "weakest link". I would like to have had a more "robust" experience of durability in my D12 as well.
Had to replace charging switch + send back to replace optical input jack + now waiting on a replacement headphone jack (but I probably caused that by using the Grado 1/4 to 3.5mm adapter during naps ).post #148 of 5744/25/12 at 7:49pmpost #149 of 5744/25/12 at 8:00pmQuote:
I will be quite interested to hear your impression on the DX100 on the ES5 and the UERM.
I hope that the guy's DX100 will have its firmware updated by then.
You can bring along a micro sd card with your test tracks preloaded in it.post #150 of 5744/25/12 at 8:52pmQuote:
I always have my test tracks on my phone's uSDHC as it's my main portable source and I have about 200GB worth of micro SD cards in my wallet. 192GB to be exact.
Been to a few rodeos in my day.
Edited by Anaxilus - 4/25/12 at 8:54pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ultimate Ears In-Ear Reference Monitors Review
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Shure SRH-840 vs Denon AH-D2000 3 seconds ago
- › Violectric HPA V281 - Vorsprung durch Balanced - updated with... 1 minute ago
- › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking) 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › Difference between the MEElectornic M6 earphones first generation... 3 minutes ago
- › SummitFi EDM Rig - Studio Six vs Liquid Gold vs BHSE / LCD X vs LCD... 4 minutes ago
- › The AKG K712 Pro Support and Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 6 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1, the first high-res DAP for the young ! 7 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 7 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by canuckavelli
- › FitEar TO GO! 334 by Francisk
- › Logitech UE 900 by twister6
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by bowei006
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP by cleg
- › JDS Labs C5D by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by twister6
- › Shure SE215 by Existence
- › Audiofly AF140 In-Ear Headphones (Gray) by Loquah
- › Brainwavz R3 Dual Dynamic Driver Earphones by hans030390
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)