now that I have the custom cables on it, my UERM is a little more of a songbird and less neutral. for some that would be a negative, but since I mostly use it with my hifiman DAP while walking, I find it a good match. I still haven't been able to plug it into either of my tube amps, since one has a blown fuse and I haven't gotten around to opening it up, and the other needs tube updates and I'm casting a wide web for appropriate replacements... alas, it's USB DAC-amps or DAPs only for now...
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Universal similar to the Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor? Last post on 5/18/12 at 11:12pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Custom IEM advice Last post on 11/1/12 at 9:37am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- WICH IEM HAS THE FLATTEST SOUND SIGNATURE.. Last post on 9/20/12 at 7:15am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Custom IEM Review: Heir Audio 8.A – Long live the king Last post on 1/2/13 at 9:04pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ugh. UE TF10's Last post on 6/12/12 at 3:45pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)
Edited on 12/28/12
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationEdited on 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesEdited on 3/22/12
First Impressions: Well, when I first used these, I used them in the same place I'd expect myself to continue using these, on the go from place to place, and while at places outside the...
I bought these this week from amazon.co.uk for £10 including delivery. That's US $15. Packaging, appearance, warranty, euro-nanny knows best: Mine arrived in the small European packaging box,...
Absolutely beautiful little player. It's just a gorgeous chunk of tech that feels good to hold. For me personally tech has to have form as well as function and the AK120 doesn't disappoint on...
I agree w most reviews that these does not warrant the $499 MSRP. (Then rather opt for D5k, D7k). BUT - at the +-$230 range I got them at (Amazon warehouse) - these are VERY good value for...
Disclaimer- This review has been written based on past 2 year’s observations. I am not a part of the audio industry or trade and I represent no one but myself, and this review is written...
Ultimate Ears In-Ear Reference Monitors Review - Page 10
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #137 of 2784/22/12 at 7:11pmpost #138 of 2784/22/12 at 7:36pmpost #139 of 2784/24/12 at 5:44pmQuote:
will do, have high hopes for that mini-meet ;-)
as for the cabling - yes, worth a try if you haven't yet, I like what a little silver does to the signature, but I may switch it back to the 11pro...post #140 of 2784/25/12 at 3:48pmpost #141 of 2784/25/12 at 4:16pm
Registered to say that I recently acquired a pair of UERMs, and that they're far and away the best headphones I've ever used. Now, I'm not a crazy person who spends thousands of dollars on pre-amps and magical cables, but these were absolutely worth the money. They are really well-balanced across the spectrum - the highs, mediums, and lows all sound wonderful. I've had them for about two months now, and would say I've logged at least 100 hours with them, listening to everything from Bobby Womack to Bjork, and everything has impressed me greatly.
If you're a semi-audiophile who was wondering if these are worth treating yourself, I believe that they are. And nobody seems to be bragging about their artwork - here's mine:
A question for IEM owners - do you guys purchase 3rd party extended warranties for these puppies? I did, because I didn't trust that a one-year warranty from UE was a safe bet on a $1,000+ piece of hardware.post #142 of 2784/25/12 at 7:26pm
Ha! Thanks, I wouldn't mind borrowing one. Having a unit that doesn't need anything strapped/glued to it would be pretty cool.
Also, I have read an opinion from Currawong that it is a great player with a desktop quality DAC. So that is interesting!
One thing that I would want to know before trying is if it is on the "warm" side though. With the RM I wouldn't mind a <leetle> extra bass at times but still flat and "connected/extended" across the rest of the range!
@ uncleezno- GREAT idea with the Radiohead graphic...with the milky-opaque shells that is one of the few designs that I (instantly) would like to have!post #143 of 2784/25/12 at 7:30pm
^ I've been thinking about the DX100 myself, but I was watching a review of it where the person was playing with it, and while the UI seems good, the touch screen's responsiveness seemed a bit sluggish, which is a bit of a concern for me.post #144 of 2784/25/12 at 7:45pmpost #145 of 2784/25/12 at 7:46pmQuote:
It used to be warmish but the firmware update that was just released today has made it sounds even more on the side of neutral and transparency.Quote:
The sluggishness is gone after the update as well.
Not that I am trying to promote the DX100 here but I wanted to know if it will pair well with the UERM. Would have a pair of UERM myself by now had I not used that moolah to buy myself a DX100 a while ago >_<post #146 of 2784/25/12 at 7:46pmpost #147 of 2784/25/12 at 7:48pm
^Also read that the UI was the "weakest link". I would like to have had a more "robust" experience of durability in my D12 as well.
Had to replace charging switch + send back to replace optical input jack + now waiting on a replacement headphone jack (but I probably caused that by using the Grado 1/4 to 3.5mm adapter during naps ).post #148 of 2784/25/12 at 7:49pmpost #149 of 2784/25/12 at 8:00pmQuote:
I will be quite interested to hear your impression on the DX100 on the ES5 and the UERM.
I hope that the guy's DX100 will have its firmware updated by then.
You can bring along a micro sd card with your test tracks preloaded in it.post #150 of 2784/25/12 at 8:52pmQuote:
I always have my test tracks on my phone's uSDHC as it's my main portable source and I have about 200GB worth of micro SD cards in my wallet. 192GB to be exact.
Been to a few rodeos in my day.
Edited by Anaxilus - 4/25/12 at 8:54pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ultimate Ears In-Ear Reference Monitors Review
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 6 seconds ago
- › [REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 (Stealth) - FitEar 334, Sennheiser IE800,... 55 seconds ago
- › The diary entries of a little girl who is now 30! ~ Part 2 1 minute ago
- › The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread. 1 minute ago
- › Earsonics SM64: The Impressions and Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › ATH M50 - benchmarking for right sound 4 minutes ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 4 minutes ago
- › Buying portable or in-ear headphones? Seeking guidance? DON'T START... 5 minutes ago
- › Ear phones to laptops 6 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Appreciation Thread 6 minutes ago
- › JVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black... by daleb
- › Koss KSC75 Portable Stereophone Headphones by julian67
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by GSARider
- › Denon AH-D600 by johangrb
- › Sennheiser HD 250 Linear II by xEcuToR
- › Sennheiser CX150 Ear-Canal Phones by BadMoose
- › Rhapsodio RDB+ 2v1 by svyr
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad1000x by a_recording
- › Schiit Valhalla by Rem0o
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by derbigpr
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe