Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Universal similar to the Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor? Last post on 5/18/12 at 11:12pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Custom IEM advice Last post on 11/1/12 at 9:37am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- WICH IEM HAS THE FLATTEST SOUND SIGNATURE.. Last post on 12/29/13 at 11:22pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Custom IEM Review: Heir Audio 8.A – Long live the king Last post on 1/2/13 at 9:04pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ugh. UE TF10's Last post on 6/12/12 at 3:45pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/4/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/7/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)Last edited: 12/10/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
When I bought these headphones about 2 months ago, I didn't expect much and I bought them without trying them out. It was an impulse buy to be honest, they were on a considerable discount and I...
I have had these now for a few months. I heard they had a very bass orientated sound but not so much that it ruins everything else. When i first purchased these i was a bit confused as to why they...
I bought a pair of HM5s about 6 months ago. They give you absolutely great sound for under $150 but I ran into a big problem. Both sides where the slider connects to the headphones started to...
First a bit of background on my experiences with headphone amps. I have tried the Fiio E17, Objective 2, the 2.3W amp built into my laptop, my Yamaha receiver's headphone out and a cheap $40...
I bought these cans 2 years ago and sold them to get the ATH-M50, which then lead me into the audio world. Overall these are good portable headphones with great build quality. The sound, however,...
Ultimate Ears In-Ear Reference Monitors Review - Page 9post #121 of 52712/9/11 at 8:45am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #122 of 52712/12/11 at 11:13am
okay, give me a few days... I'll be back
Quote:Originally Posted by CEE TEE
Hey Melo...when you have a chance, the UERM sound BIG out of the Balancing Act. I was surprised at the additional sound. And that amp is REALLY quiet.
If you don't mind, please try your customs with your tube amps and report back. Interested in knowing if tube amps other than the BA can do some nice things with them.post #123 of 52712/12/11 at 8:01pmpost #124 of 52712/12/11 at 10:24pm
I'm here to report that I'm happliy surprised with Benchmark>Luxman P-1u>UE RM
Gives good bass and does not seem to blunt the clarity of the RM. Maybe takes a bit of the upper mids down while leaving something more a bit higher in the range?
Not bad, but had to give the P-1u back tonight...it wouldn't work with other phones of mine so not really an option anyway.post #125 of 52712/20/11 at 3:31am
Well, you guessed it. I'm away for a few weeks, and while I of course have a few mobile sources and IEMs with me, no tubed gear. Maybe after the new year. Sorry Christian, there was too little time.post #126 of 52712/20/11 at 7:25pm
No problem, @melomaniac...my RM aren't going anywhere and I am still looking forward to receiving the EC Super 7. Hope it will be quiet enough for iems but really planning on using the tube amp with my HD 800. Also, at the Bay Area Meet I hope to try the HD 800 and RM with several more tube amps.
If you have a chance, I highly recommend trying the RM with the Balancing Act. Quite a treat!post #127 of 5274/15/12 at 1:14am
anybody getting this lately? how long does it take? i made my earmold earlier this month(2nd). the shop told me the wait time would be around 4 to 6 weeks.
Edited by fhuang - 4/15/12 at 1:23ampost #128 of 5274/15/12 at 9:17ampost #129 of 5274/15/12 at 9:42ampost #130 of 5274/15/12 at 10:00ampost #131 of 5274/15/12 at 1:18pmThread Starterpost #132 of 5274/15/12 at 2:32pmpost #133 of 5274/15/12 at 3:19pm
I own the JH16's, but the cable that came with them is flimsy and did not last 6 months, ordered the UE cable for my JH16's and it is night and day build quality wise "double the thickness", plus my JH16's seem to sound a bit better, more controlled. And it only cost me $30 with FREE shipping, JH Audio Charges $32 for the 48" plus another $10 for shipping, which I think is crazy.post #134 of 5274/21/12 at 11:32amQuote:
when did you give send them your earmold? i did mine on the 2nd and i got a voice mail from the shop and it's ready to pick up. 20 days! 19 days to be exact.post #135 of 5274/21/12 at 1:08pm
Well I live in ohio so i shipped it, but they received it on the 2nd also. I asked him to get it done before the 19th (so i could get it on friday the 20th) but they say "Sorry no can do." So i guess it will take them 22 days to make mine... How come you get yours done 3 days before me.... even though they got it on the same day. Oh well, just gotta wait 3 more days i guess!Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ultimate Ears In-Ear Reference Monitors Review
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Looking for new Over-ear Headphones 14 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 52 seconds ago
- › Hisoundaudio Studio V 3rd Anniversary Edition Review 1 minute ago
- › New Custom-to-Universal IEMs: InEar StageDiver 2/3 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 5 minutes ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Out EM/1000 Impressions and Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 5 minutes ago
- › Bottlehead Amplifier Discussion / Comparison Thread: Crack, SEX &... 6 minutes ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 6 minutes ago
- › ALAC vs. FLAC 7 minutes ago
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › SOL Republic Tracks HD by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Shure SE215 by squallkiercosa
- › Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie... by squallkiercosa
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob