Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Universal similar to the Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor? Last post on 5/18/12 at 11:12pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor Remastered Giveaway Last post on 9/3/16 at 3:53pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Ultimate Ears + Astell & Kern Ultimate Bundle Deal Last post on 12/13/14 at 12:25pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Custom IEM advice Last post on 11/1/12 at 9:37am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- WICH IEM HAS THE FLATTEST SOUND SIGNATURE.. Last post on 4/25/16 at 8:58am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 11/25/15
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Ultimate Ears In-Ear Reference Monitors Review - Page 9post #121 of 71512/9/11 at 8:45am
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #122 of 71512/12/11 at 11:13am
okay, give me a few days... I'll be back
Quote:Originally Posted by CEE TEE
Hey Melo...when you have a chance, the UERM sound BIG out of the Balancing Act. I was surprised at the additional sound. And that amp is REALLY quiet.
If you don't mind, please try your customs with your tube amps and report back. Interested in knowing if tube amps other than the BA can do some nice things with them.post #123 of 71512/12/11 at 8:01pmpost #124 of 71512/12/11 at 10:24pm
I'm here to report that I'm happliy surprised with Benchmark>Luxman P-1u>UE RM
Gives good bass and does not seem to blunt the clarity of the RM. Maybe takes a bit of the upper mids down while leaving something more a bit higher in the range?
Not bad, but had to give the P-1u back tonight...it wouldn't work with other phones of mine so not really an option anyway.post #125 of 71512/20/11 at 3:31am
Well, you guessed it. I'm away for a few weeks, and while I of course have a few mobile sources and IEMs with me, no tubed gear. Maybe after the new year. Sorry Christian, there was too little time.post #126 of 71512/20/11 at 7:25pm
No problem, @melomaniac...my RM aren't going anywhere and I am still looking forward to receiving the EC Super 7. Hope it will be quiet enough for iems but really planning on using the tube amp with my HD 800. Also, at the Bay Area Meet I hope to try the HD 800 and RM with several more tube amps.
If you have a chance, I highly recommend trying the RM with the Balancing Act. Quite a treat!post #127 of 7154/15/12 at 1:14am
anybody getting this lately? how long does it take? i made my earmold earlier this month(2nd). the shop told me the wait time would be around 4 to 6 weeks.
Edited by fhuang - 4/15/12 at 1:23ampost #128 of 7154/15/12 at 9:17ampost #129 of 7154/15/12 at 9:42ampost #130 of 7154/15/12 at 10:00ampost #131 of 7154/15/12 at 1:18pmThread Starterpost #132 of 7154/15/12 at 2:32pmpost #133 of 7154/15/12 at 3:19pm
I own the JH16's, but the cable that came with them is flimsy and did not last 6 months, ordered the UE cable for my JH16's and it is night and day build quality wise "double the thickness", plus my JH16's seem to sound a bit better, more controlled. And it only cost me $30 with FREE shipping, JH Audio Charges $32 for the 48" plus another $10 for shipping, which I think is crazy.post #134 of 7154/21/12 at 11:32amQuote:
when did you give send them your earmold? i did mine on the 2nd and i got a voice mail from the shop and it's ready to pick up. 20 days! 19 days to be exact.post #135 of 7154/21/12 at 1:08pm
Well I live in ohio so i shipped it, but they received it on the 2nd also. I asked him to get it done before the 19th (so i could get it on friday the 20th) but they say "Sorry no can do." So i guess it will take them 22 days to make mine... How come you get yours done 3 days before me.... even though they got it on the same day. Oh well, just gotta wait 3 more days i guess!Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ultimate Ears In-Ear Reference Monitors Review
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Sennheiser HD700 w/optional Sennheiser balanced Cable CH700S 20 seconds ago
- › [FS] Sound Blaster E5 Portable DAC/AMP 50 seconds ago
- › Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz) 1 minute ago
- › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 3 minutes ago
- › Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1) 3 minutes ago
- › Needing new headphones but on a budget 3 minutes ago
- › Ideal Headphone (HD800/Audeze) music, suggestions,please 3 minutes ago
- › VE - A New and Impressive Earbuds Brand 3 minutes ago
- › IBasso Audio IT03 4 minutes ago
- › Fostex T50RP MK3 Professional Studio Headphones, Semi-Open by reikoshea
- › Super Dolphin 6BA by RedJohn456
- › HE-5LE by audiophilehe400
- › Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker System with Subwoofer by artofmanliness
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by reikoshea
- › Hifime Sabre 9018 USB DAC by Rish732
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by Rish732
- › FiiO A1 Micro Headphone Amplifier by chef8489
- › Over Ear Headphones，Mixcder ShareMe Pro Bluetooth 4.1 Stereo HiFi... by B9Scrambler
- › DIGNIS LAETUS case for Chord Electronics Mojo by HiFiChris
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...