Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Universal similar to the Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor? Last post on 5/18/12 at 11:12pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ultimate Ears + Astell & Kern Ultimate Bundle Deal Last post on 12/13/14 at 12:25pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Custom IEM advice Last post on 11/1/12 at 9:37am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- WICH IEM HAS THE FLATTEST SOUND SIGNATURE.. Last post on 12/29/14 at 8:36am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Custom IEM Review: Heir Audio 8.A – Long live the king Last post on 1/2/13 at 9:04pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 3/10/15
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Sennheiser US for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. While waiting to receive my review unit of recently...
What's In The Box? The cardboard box itself is a cute little deal, with the Noble logo and the Wizard's signature. On the top left, the model and serial number are handwritten (apparently I'm the...
SUPERLUX HD 669 Review & comparison with HD 681-EVO. Take what I say with a grain of salt, I have not experienced many headphones and I've only had the 669 for a fairly brief amount of time....
Have been listening to my new iCAN Micro for couple weeks now. Before that I use the headphone output directly out of my iDSD Micro. First of all i just want to say that iDSD Micro is great....
A little background before I start. I'm 16 years old and I slowly began to become addicted to fine, audiophile-quality headphones. I remember the first time I heard beats at an apple store. I...
Ultimate Ears In-Ear Reference Monitors Review - Page 9post #121 of 69512/9/11 at 8:45am
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #122 of 69512/12/11 at 11:13am
okay, give me a few days... I'll be back
Quote:Originally Posted by CEE TEE
Hey Melo...when you have a chance, the UERM sound BIG out of the Balancing Act. I was surprised at the additional sound. And that amp is REALLY quiet.
If you don't mind, please try your customs with your tube amps and report back. Interested in knowing if tube amps other than the BA can do some nice things with them.post #123 of 69512/12/11 at 8:01pmpost #124 of 69512/12/11 at 10:24pm
I'm here to report that I'm happliy surprised with Benchmark>Luxman P-1u>UE RM
Gives good bass and does not seem to blunt the clarity of the RM. Maybe takes a bit of the upper mids down while leaving something more a bit higher in the range?
Not bad, but had to give the P-1u back tonight...it wouldn't work with other phones of mine so not really an option anyway.post #125 of 69512/20/11 at 3:31am
Well, you guessed it. I'm away for a few weeks, and while I of course have a few mobile sources and IEMs with me, no tubed gear. Maybe after the new year. Sorry Christian, there was too little time.post #126 of 69512/20/11 at 7:25pm
No problem, @melomaniac...my RM aren't going anywhere and I am still looking forward to receiving the EC Super 7. Hope it will be quiet enough for iems but really planning on using the tube amp with my HD 800. Also, at the Bay Area Meet I hope to try the HD 800 and RM with several more tube amps.
If you have a chance, I highly recommend trying the RM with the Balancing Act. Quite a treat!post #127 of 6954/15/12 at 1:14am
anybody getting this lately? how long does it take? i made my earmold earlier this month(2nd). the shop told me the wait time would be around 4 to 6 weeks.
Edited by fhuang - 4/15/12 at 1:23ampost #128 of 6954/15/12 at 9:17ampost #129 of 6954/15/12 at 9:42ampost #130 of 6954/15/12 at 10:00ampost #131 of 6954/15/12 at 1:18pmThread Starterpost #132 of 6954/15/12 at 2:32pmpost #133 of 6954/15/12 at 3:19pm
I own the JH16's, but the cable that came with them is flimsy and did not last 6 months, ordered the UE cable for my JH16's and it is night and day build quality wise "double the thickness", plus my JH16's seem to sound a bit better, more controlled. And it only cost me $30 with FREE shipping, JH Audio Charges $32 for the 48" plus another $10 for shipping, which I think is crazy.post #134 of 6954/21/12 at 11:32amQuote:
when did you give send them your earmold? i did mine on the 2nd and i got a voice mail from the shop and it's ready to pick up. 20 days! 19 days to be exact.post #135 of 6954/21/12 at 1:08pm
Well I live in ohio so i shipped it, but they received it on the 2nd also. I asked him to get it done before the 19th (so i could get it on friday the 20th) but they say "Sorry no can do." So i guess it will take them 22 days to make mine... How come you get yours done 3 days before me.... even though they got it on the same day. Oh well, just gotta wait 3 more days i guess!Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ultimate Ears In-Ear Reference Monitors Review
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 23 seconds ago
- › New NOS DAC from Metrum- OCTAVE MK11 51 seconds ago
- › Sony MDR-1R series MK2 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › Meier Audio Quickstep (also Stepdance and 2Stepdance) Discussion... 6 minutes ago
- › CanJam SoCal 2015, March 28-29, 2015 -- ONLY 2 DAYS AWAY!!! 7 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HE-500 = Waste of Money (and general discussion) 8 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Impressions Thread 8 minutes ago
- › EarWerkz, a new CIEM company, discussion thread 9 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones in Black M2AEBT by twister6
- › Noble 4 by Kuroneko Guy
- › Superlux HD669 by Philliphobia
- › iFi iCAN headphone amplifier by blankdisc
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by JohnPham
- › Chord&Major Major6'13 "Ballad" by kalbee
- › Audio Technica ATH-M2X Mid-size open-back headphones by ahnvx
- › xDuoo X2 by getclikinagas
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by De1taE1even
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM by De1taE1even
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2