Why the name "Thunderpant"?
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for Closed back, neutral yet lively, not needed to be amped headphones under 300$. Help... Last post on 6/13/12 at 6:21pm in Headphones (full-size)
- LCD 2 vs HE 500 which one has the more haunting beautiful lush mids? Last post on 4/26/14 at 5:53am in Headphones (full-size)
- Black Friday Dilemma -- LCD-2, HE-400 or HE-500 Last post on 11/29/13 at 11:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need A Balanced &/Or Single Ended Amplifier Around $2-$3K for the HE-500. Last post on 11/25/13 at 3:19pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- good headphones for Little Dot Mk IV SE Last post on 11/20/13 at 2:13pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
Where do I start? These honestly sound like the HD600/650 in IEM form. My previous go to IEM was the Klipsch X10 ($100), followed by the Klipsch X20i ($539). What is amazing, is that the RE-400...
Thunderpants! A world-class closed planar magnetic headphone by Head-Fi'er "Smeggy" - Head-Fi TV, Episode 012 - Page 5post #61 of 1279/23/11 at 12:38am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #62 of 1279/23/11 at 12:56ampost #63 of 1279/23/11 at 1:02ampost #64 of 1279/23/11 at 8:11am
As i recall, we were chatting late one night about your newest creation and i was questioning you about its low frequency sonic abilities and trying to relate it to something that was tangible at that moment time.. lol
Edited by sachu - 9/23/11 at 8:17ampost #65 of 1279/23/11 at 8:17ampost #66 of 1279/23/11 at 10:47ampost #67 of 1279/23/11 at 1:47pmpost #68 of 1279/23/11 at 5:11pmpost #69 of 1279/23/11 at 7:49pmpost #70 of 1279/24/11 at 2:06pm
Thanks Jude for helping bring attention to this fantastic product.
I first heard the Thunderpants at a Head-Fi meet and got to listen to most of the planars mentioned in the review.
I really liked all of them, but putting on the Thunderpants was a draw dropping experience. What blew me away the most was the vocals. These were the first headphones I had heard that really got them perfect for my preferences. Of course the rest of the frequency range is outstanding as well. I wasn't expecting to get new headphones when I went to the meet but I had to buy a pair after hearing them and they remain one of my favorite high end products ever, with decades of being involved in the hobby.post #71 of 1279/24/11 at 7:08pmpost #72 of 1279/24/11 at 9:09pmQuote:
Yes, that's what I'm afraid of, I think I will order the kit and do it myself.post #73 of 1279/25/11 at 10:42ampost #74 of 1279/25/11 at 11:55ampost #75 of 1279/25/11 at 12:01pm
just shave off the name and let an audiophile listen to it blind. Instantly becomes more balanced throughout the spectrum, better transients, less bloat.
- Thunderpants! A world-class closed planar magnetic headphone by Head-Fi'er "Smeggy" - Head-Fi TV, Episode 012
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › ZMF Omni - Upcoming Semi Open Flagship 1 minute ago
- › Review: CEntrance DACport Slim DAC/Amp Combo 2 minutes ago
- › Sony Xperia Z3 Audio Quality 2 minutes ago
- › Sound Signature JVC HP-DX1000! TH610, TH900, TH-X00, Denon AH-Dx000? 4 minutes ago
- › Brand New : Tralucent Audio Ref.1 Too & original Ref.1 4 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 5 minutes ago
- › The Upcoming FiiO T3 | Dual SD slot | 3.2 inch full touch screen |... 7 minutes ago
- › LG G5, Possible DAC or Camera modules. Audiophiles enjoy ? 8 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 9 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz Hooka by DynamikeB
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 | Balanced 24/192 Fully Differential DAC by JoeDoe
- › Sennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Black by MorrisL
- › oBravo ERIB-2a by Krisman
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by achelgeson
- › Meze 99 Classics by Mshenay
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by C.C.S.
- › Effect Audio Leonidas by MikePortnoy
- › Brainwavz BLU-200 by DynamikeB
- › Marantz HD- DAC1High Definition USB DAC / Headphone Amp by Gamergtx260
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...