Why the name "Thunderpant"?
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for Closed back, neutral yet lively, not needed to be amped headphones under 300$. Help... Last post on 6/13/12 at 6:21pm in Headphones (full-size)
- LCD 2 vs HE 500 which one has the more haunting beautiful lush mids? Last post on 4/26/14 at 5:53am in Headphones (full-size)
- Black Friday Dilemma -- LCD-2, HE-400 or HE-500 Last post on 11/29/13 at 11:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need A Balanced &/Or Single Ended Amplifier Around $2-$3K for the HE-500. Last post on 11/25/13 at 3:19pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- good headphones for Little Dot Mk IV SE Last post on 11/20/13 at 2:13pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 7/14/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: Today
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
First things first: I would like to thank Lin and RHA for the opportunity to test these IEMs and provide my honest opinion of them in return. It really is great that this community allows this...
Not too long ago, I was a lowly noob looking for my first headphones. I waded through the murky waters of terminology I couldn’t understand and brands I’d never heard of before. Over time, some...
Eddie Current's Zana Deux reviewed... Pre-amble - the Zana Deux original vs the new Zana Deux Super... - There are two versions of this tube amplifier. Both are output transformerless (OTL)...
This review will cover the X5ii, comparing it to the Pono player and the original X5. I have a Pono in my possession now. I unfortunately sold my original X5 prior to receiving the review sample,...
Alright, so I am not an audiophile by any means, my entire experience of headphelia is just using cheap IEMs but after trying some expensive beats, I knew I needed something more. And if your like...
Thunderpants! A world-class closed planar magnetic headphone by Head-Fi'er "Smeggy" - Head-Fi TV, Episode 012 - Page 5post #61 of 1279/23/11 at 12:38am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #62 of 1279/23/11 at 12:56ampost #63 of 1279/23/11 at 1:02ampost #64 of 1279/23/11 at 8:11am
As i recall, we were chatting late one night about your newest creation and i was questioning you about its low frequency sonic abilities and trying to relate it to something that was tangible at that moment time.. lol
Edited by sachu - 9/23/11 at 8:17ampost #65 of 1279/23/11 at 8:17ampost #66 of 1279/23/11 at 10:47ampost #67 of 1279/23/11 at 1:47pmpost #68 of 1279/23/11 at 5:11pmpost #69 of 1279/23/11 at 7:49pmpost #70 of 1279/24/11 at 2:06pm
Thanks Jude for helping bring attention to this fantastic product.
I first heard the Thunderpants at a Head-Fi meet and got to listen to most of the planars mentioned in the review.
I really liked all of them, but putting on the Thunderpants was a draw dropping experience. What blew me away the most was the vocals. These were the first headphones I had heard that really got them perfect for my preferences. Of course the rest of the frequency range is outstanding as well. I wasn't expecting to get new headphones when I went to the meet but I had to buy a pair after hearing them and they remain one of my favorite high end products ever, with decades of being involved in the hobby.post #71 of 1279/24/11 at 7:08pmpost #72 of 1279/24/11 at 9:09pmQuote:
Yes, that's what I'm afraid of, I think I will order the kit and do it myself.post #73 of 1279/25/11 at 10:42ampost #74 of 1279/25/11 at 11:55ampost #75 of 1279/25/11 at 12:01pm
just shave off the name and let an audiophile listen to it blind. Instantly becomes more balanced throughout the spectrum, better transients, less bloat.
- Thunderpants! A world-class closed planar magnetic headphone by Head-Fi'er "Smeggy" - Head-Fi TV, Episode 012
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Audio-Gd Master 7 - Discrete Fully Balanced DAC (PCM1704) 12 seconds ago
- › EarWerkz Legend R. 8 Driver, 7-Way, 6-Crossover Flagship |... 12 seconds ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 29 seconds ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 1 minute ago
- › New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and... 1 minute ago
- › The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (The IEM Bass club) 2 minutes ago
- › SoundMAGIC release E50S and E80S In-Ear Reference Series 3 minutes ago
- › Gustard U12 USB Interface 8 Core XMOS chip 3 minutes ago
- › Questyle QP1 3 minutes ago
- › ***NEW*** Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp??? 4 minutes ago
- › RHA T20 by Wyd4
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon by Stillhart
- › Eddie Current Zana Deux SE by mikoss
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by fleasbaby
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by LandonO
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by twister6
- › Yamaha HPH-MT220BL by RushNerd
- › Klipsch Image X10 Noise-Isolating Earphone by achelgeson
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by krishtrinity1
- › Philips SHE3590BK/10 In-Ear Headphones (Black) by nauhid
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3