Why the name "Thunderpant"?
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for Closed back, neutral yet lively, not needed to be amped headphones under 300$. Help... Last post on 6/13/12 at 6:21pm in Headphones (full-size)
- LCD 2 vs HE 500 which one has the more haunting beautiful lush mids? Last post on 4/26/14 at 5:53am in Headphones (full-size)
- Black Friday Dilemma -- LCD-2, HE-400 or HE-500 Last post on 11/29/13 at 11:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need A Balanced &/Or Single Ended Amplifier Around $2-$3K for the HE-500. Last post on 11/25/13 at 3:19pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- good headphones for Little Dot Mk IV SE Last post on 11/20/13 at 2:13pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 6/30/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 6/29/15
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
These headphones will let you know if your source is good or not. I won't repeat much of the pros and cons of this headphone that hasn't already been said. These are really comfortable for...
Out-of-box experience.....Accessories and packaging Receiving and unboxing the RHA T20 gives the impression that this product is not just "some" product. Everything signals quality and thought....
Firstly, like to thank Billy from Busisoft for organising the Westone UM PRO 10 for this review. Westone needs no introduction, they are one of the industry leaders for professional monitors...
Intro:- I was really excited when SoundMAGIC announced a couple of new earphones with a new “Reference” line up, Led by E80, their flagship, and subordinate E50( like Bumblebee), what I...
Thunderpants! A world-class closed planar magnetic headphone by Head-Fi'er "Smeggy" - Head-Fi TV, Episode 012 - Page 5post #61 of 1279/23/11 at 12:38am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #62 of 1279/23/11 at 12:56ampost #63 of 1279/23/11 at 1:02ampost #64 of 1279/23/11 at 8:11am
As i recall, we were chatting late one night about your newest creation and i was questioning you about its low frequency sonic abilities and trying to relate it to something that was tangible at that moment time.. lol
Edited by sachu - 9/23/11 at 8:17ampost #65 of 1279/23/11 at 8:17ampost #66 of 1279/23/11 at 10:47ampost #67 of 1279/23/11 at 1:47pmpost #68 of 1279/23/11 at 5:11pmpost #69 of 1279/23/11 at 7:49pmpost #70 of 1279/24/11 at 2:06pm
Thanks Jude for helping bring attention to this fantastic product.
I first heard the Thunderpants at a Head-Fi meet and got to listen to most of the planars mentioned in the review.
I really liked all of them, but putting on the Thunderpants was a draw dropping experience. What blew me away the most was the vocals. These were the first headphones I had heard that really got them perfect for my preferences. Of course the rest of the frequency range is outstanding as well. I wasn't expecting to get new headphones when I went to the meet but I had to buy a pair after hearing them and they remain one of my favorite high end products ever, with decades of being involved in the hobby.post #71 of 1279/24/11 at 7:08pmpost #72 of 1279/24/11 at 9:09pmQuote:
Yes, that's what I'm afraid of, I think I will order the kit and do it myself.post #73 of 1279/25/11 at 10:42ampost #74 of 1279/25/11 at 11:55ampost #75 of 1279/25/11 at 12:01pm
just shave off the name and let an audiophile listen to it blind. Instantly becomes more balanced throughout the spectrum, better transients, less bloat.
- Thunderpants! A world-class closed planar magnetic headphone by Head-Fi'er "Smeggy" - Head-Fi TV, Episode 012
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › TTVJAudio new headphone loaner programs 18 seconds ago
- › OPPO PM-1 / PM-2 Loaner Program 48 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 58 seconds ago
- › Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign 1 minute ago
- › 2.0 Speakers Compilation: Best for <$500 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 4 minutes ago
- › SENNHEISER & TIMBUK2 Promotion 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless! 4 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by snellemin
- › Don Scorpio sMushroom HD Bluetooth iem by Baycode
- › RHA T20 by rasmushorn
- › Westone UM Pro10 High Performance Single Driver Noise-Isolating... by pformagg
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by suman134
- › Noontec Hammo S Over Ear Headphone Audiophile Sound Stylish Looking... by Lunatique
- › OPPO PM-3 by RazrLeaf
- › Xtreme Xplosives In Ear by Omar717
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by morethansense
- › Sony XBA-10/N Gold | Balanced Armature In-Ear Headphones (Japanese... by LikeABell
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)