or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Sound Science › Audiophile cables, an interesting question.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Audiophile cables, an interesting question. - Page 30

post #436 of 1186
Quote:
Originally Posted by esldude View Post
 


Yes, I knew that.  But he seemed to think they were examples that validated his opinions.  Examples of his working in the most expensive area and hearing the most expensive equipment. 


Edited by herbie12389 - 4/17/14 at 10:35pm
post #437 of 1186
Quote:
Originally Posted by herbie12389 View Post
 

 I'M GOING TO START TO TAKE PICTURES WITH ME IN THEM. LOL

 

THE SHOP I WORK FOR DEALS IN WESTERN ELECTRIC. WANNA TALK ABOUT HOW REAL MEN ENGINEERED THINGS? GOOD OL FASHIONED AMERICA 


Yes, actually I do want to talk about that.  Was it Western Electric engineering policy to ignore technology and science knowledge to develop products?  I don't think that idea is defensible.  Were the great 300 B tubes developed for in some way greatly different than credible products are developed now?  I don't think so.

post #438 of 1186
Quote:
Originally Posted by esldude View Post
 


Yes, actually I do want to talk about that.  Was it Western Electric engineering policy to ignore technology and science knowledge to develop products?  I don't think that idea is defensible.  Were the great 300 B tubes developed for in some way greatly different than credible products are developed now?  I don't think so.


Edited by herbie12389 - 4/17/14 at 10:35pm
post #439 of 1186
Quote:
Originally Posted by herbie12389 View Post
 

WE 300b tubes are nothing like any new ones. Fact. I get to AB that all the time for customers.


Edited by herbie12389 - 4/17/14 at 10:35pm
post #440 of 1186
The drawer isn't over abundant with sharp knives.
post #441 of 1186
.
Edited by herbie12389 - 4/17/14 at 10:36pm
post #442 of 1186
Yeah, I guess the qualifications to be an audiophile aren't particularly strenuous.
post #443 of 1186
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigshot View Post

Yeah, I guess the qualifications to be an audiophile aren't particularly strenuous.

  .


Edited by herbie12389 - 4/17/14 at 10:36pm
post #444 of 1186
Quote:
Originally Posted by herbie12389 View Post
 

Only on the ears sir. 

So, no brain required?

post #445 of 1186
Quote:
Originally Posted by oriolesmagic View Post
 

So, no brain required?

   .


Edited by herbie12389 - 4/17/14 at 10:36pm
post #446 of 1186
Quote:
Originally Posted by herbie12389 View Post
 

Western Electric is way ahead anything that is being done in the tube world... makes everything else seem limp and dull after.


So what is the point of you being most unscientific in the Sound Science forum?  Do you believe there is an aspect of sound that Western Electric manages that other amplifiers cannot?  Devices employing the single ended tubes are demonstrably colored.  It is okay to prefer that.  Do you think none of us have any experience with similar items? 

post #447 of 1186
Quote:
Originally Posted by herbie12389 View Post

Only on the ears sir. 

The qualifications for us is strenuous on the patience.
post #448 of 1186
Quote:
Originally Posted by esldude View Post
 


So what is the point of you being most unscientific in the Sound Science forum?  Do you believe there is an aspect of sound that Western Electric manages that other amplifiers cannot?  Devices employing the single ended tubes are demonstrably colored.  It is okay to prefer that.  Do you think none of us have any experience with similar items? 

    .


Edited by herbie12389 - 4/17/14 at 10:36pm
post #449 of 1186
Quote:
Originally Posted by herbie12389 View Post
 

Well yes I will agree that thus far I havent chosen to add anything scientific of its sorts to this post...

 . 


Edited by herbie12389 - 4/17/14 at 10:36pm
post #450 of 1186

picture 


Edited by herbie12389 - 4/17/14 at 8:45pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sound Science
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Sound Science › Audiophile cables, an interesting question.