I mainly look to techno sorts, mainly glitch and electronica with a bit of dubstep sprinkled in there. Basically anything bass heavy, but I still like to get in my trebles and mids. (Justice, Skrillex, glitch mob, etc.) So far I've really kept my eye on Klipsch S4's, I've heard great things like there bass about them, but I've also heard the S4's treble and mids are pretty bad. I listened to my friends pair of S4's and they sounded a bit to high pitched and offtone. I've also been looking at monster turbines, but they are kind of expensive. Does anyone have any other suggestions? As for headphones, I'd rather them be light and able to carry them on my neck without them clasping over my throat. Just anything that doesn't look really awkward. (cases include would be nice) Thanks in advance.
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/21/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 9/21/11
- productKlipsch IMAGE S4-WH In-Ear Enhanced Bass Noise-Isolating Headphone, Whitetagged by System, 9/21/11
- productMP4Nation Brainwavz M2tagged by System, 9/21/11
- productNuForce NE-700Xtagged by System, 9/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- Reccomendations for an inexpensive pair (<$50) of quality headphones, earphones or IEM's... Last post on 4/11/11 at 9:00pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- My Neverending Quest for a Gym Headphone for Hip Hop, Any ideas? Last post on 4/26/11 at 12:03am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which will you most likely go with? Last post on 8/23/10 at 1:15pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- New IEM help? Last post on 9/10/12 at 12:19pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- New Brainwavz iem - M5 Last post on 2/18/13 at 10:13am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Some Background: I’m currently 18 years old which as little as that matters to me seems to be interesting to many people in this community. I’ve always liked music... [[SPOILER]] . Prelude:I...
I Ventured to buy those headphones fater a massive discount in pre-christmas sales here in mexico, for $178 USD i consider them to be a great buy The construction of those cans seems to be...
This is gonna be a simple review BASS For a $7 in ear it is actually really good. A little overbearing at times but quite articulate considering the price. MIDS They are not airy and vocals by...
These headphones sound very precise and balanced. You will hear your music as it was recorded, mixed, and mastered which is the approach I prefer to trying to find headphones that try to EQ things...
Whereas I am also an old school hard-core vinyl aficionado, I (luckily) jumped the digital high-res train early enough to nowadays be equipped with the most necessary hard- and software to be able...
Looking for a pair of portable headphones/earphones, 40-75$post #1 of 59/19/11 at 10:50pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 59/19/11 at 11:14pmpost #3 of 59/19/11 at 11:18pm
NuForce NE-700X (which I happen to be selling wink wink) are also a great choice. You'll probably see Klipsch S4i mentioned, but I would stay away, because for me they were extremely harsh and sibilant sounding.
Edit: I see you mentioned S4 yourself, and had the same conclusions as me, ahha. Sorry, I'm not good with blocks of text. Brainwavz M2 and NuForce NE-700X are good competitors.
Edited by soundstige - 9/19/11 at 11:19pmpost #4 of 59/20/11 at 12:14pmThread Starter
Hmm, I checked out the M2's and they seem ok. I saw that most of the time the bass wasn't overdone. (I'm not sure if overdone is or good or not. imo More bass> less bass)
The Nuforce ones... the eartips look kind of awkward. They seem shallow and, it looks like they'd fall out of my ear a lot.
How would monster turbines compare to any of these? I've listened to my friends and the bass sounds terrific, but I'd rather find something a bit cheaper for the same value first.post #5 of 59/20/11 at 1:59pm
I will recommend the Sony EX310, EX510 (uses dome type dynamic drivers) and they sound crisp, clean with deep punchy bass and wider soundstage.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for a pair of portable headphones/earphones, 40-75$
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Synergistic Research HOT device 13 seconds ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 22 seconds ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 1 minute ago
- › Havi b3 pro 1 thread 2.0 1 minute ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page: Downloads, info & instructions-... 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 2 minutes ago
- › Sub $250 soundbars or 2.0/2.1 setups? 3 minutes ago
- › TTPOD T1 Tips Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 3 minutes ago
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by Mitchell4500
- › Sony MDR-1R by gerelmx1986
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by JAMEZTHEBOI
- › thinksound on1 Supra-Aural On-Ear Monitor Wooden Headphone by Pacal
- › Astell&Kern AK100II High Resolution Single DAC Audio Player... by musikaladin
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by Galvatron
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 4 GB MP3 Player (Red) by Mitchell4500
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by Mitchell4500
- › Sennheiser HD 800 Headphones by dreamwhisper
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by ahunatu
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)