I mainly look to techno sorts, mainly glitch and electronica with a bit of dubstep sprinkled in there. Basically anything bass heavy, but I still like to get in my trebles and mids. (Justice, Skrillex, glitch mob, etc.) So far I've really kept my eye on Klipsch S4's, I've heard great things like there bass about them, but I've also heard the S4's treble and mids are pretty bad. I listened to my friends pair of S4's and they sounded a bit to high pitched and offtone. I've also been looking at monster turbines, but they are kind of expensive. Does anyone have any other suggestions? As for headphones, I'd rather them be light and able to carry them on my neck without them clasping over my throat. Just anything that doesn't look really awkward. (cases include would be nice) Thanks in advance.
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/21/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 9/21/11
- productKlipsch IMAGE S4-WH In-Ear Enhanced Bass Noise-Isolating Headphone, Whitetagged by System, 9/21/11
- productMP4Nation Brainwavz M2tagged by System, 9/21/11
- productNuForce NE-700Xtagged by System, 9/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- Reccomendations for an inexpensive pair (<$50) of quality headphones, earphones or IEM's... Last post on 4/11/11 at 9:00pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- My Neverending Quest for a Gym Headphone for Hip Hop, Any ideas? Last post on 4/26/11 at 12:03am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which will you most likely go with? Last post on 8/23/10 at 1:15pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- New IEM help? Last post on 9/10/12 at 12:19pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- New Brainwavz iem - M5 Last post on 2/18/13 at 10:13am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Fidue A65 Thanks to tony from hifiheadphones for letting me be part of the UK tour. TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS Drivers: Custom 8mm dynamic driver with Titanium...
Background When was the last time you used a pair of earbuds? Perhaps you use your Apple Earpods at work to remain inconspicuous, or maybe you are one of the many who have purchased the VE...
About Me: I'm just your average guy making his way through college with a passing interest in audio fidelity. I'm NOT an audiophile, but I've got a little experience ranging from lower-end...
Preamble:Pai Audio (http://www.paiaudio.com/indexEn.asp) is a relatively new audio company and based in Shenzhen, China. Established in 2014, they have specialised in manufacturing in-ears....
At the time this review was written, the Echobox Finder X1 was listed for sale on their website. Here is a link to their listing of the...
Looking for a pair of portable headphones/earphones, 40-75$post #1 of 59/19/11 at 10:50pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 59/19/11 at 11:14pmpost #3 of 59/19/11 at 11:18pm
NuForce NE-700X (which I happen to be selling wink wink) are also a great choice. You'll probably see Klipsch S4i mentioned, but I would stay away, because for me they were extremely harsh and sibilant sounding.
Edit: I see you mentioned S4 yourself, and had the same conclusions as me, ahha. Sorry, I'm not good with blocks of text. Brainwavz M2 and NuForce NE-700X are good competitors.
Edited by soundstige - 9/19/11 at 11:19pmpost #4 of 59/20/11 at 12:14pmThread Starter
Hmm, I checked out the M2's and they seem ok. I saw that most of the time the bass wasn't overdone. (I'm not sure if overdone is or good or not. imo More bass> less bass)
The Nuforce ones... the eartips look kind of awkward. They seem shallow and, it looks like they'd fall out of my ear a lot.
How would monster turbines compare to any of these? I've listened to my friends and the bass sounds terrific, but I'd rather find something a bit cheaper for the same value first.post #5 of 59/20/11 at 1:59pm
I will recommend the Sony EX310, EX510 (uses dome type dynamic drivers) and they sound crisp, clean with deep punchy bass and wider soundstage.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for a pair of portable headphones/earphones, 40-75$
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › The decline of JNCOs 5 seconds ago
- › The AKG K712 Pro Support and Impressions Thread 8 seconds ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 9 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 18 seconds ago
- › Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1) 36 seconds ago
- › Grado GH-1 Discussion 38 seconds ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk & Monk Plus: a $5 earbud that taking... 45 seconds ago
- › California Headphones Silverado impressions 1 minute ago
- › ZMF Vibro MKII Purple Burst Sapele Mahogany Headphones (Final Price... 3 minutes ago
- › Chapter 5 - Getting It Wrong 3 minutes ago
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by Deftone
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Zen V2 by Aornic
- › Sennheiser HD 558 by Midgetguy
- › Pai Audio MR4 by HiFiChris
- › Echobox Audio Finder X1 by Hisoundfi
- › Alpha & Delta D2 by Hisoundfi
- › RHA MA750i by Cinder
- › RM-S1 Wired Sport Headset Stereo Headphone Earphone For iPhone 6... by Redcarmoose
- › Westone Um Pro 50 Clear Earbuds by ryanjsoo
- › Oriolus In-Ear Monitors (v2) by Aerosphere
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...