I mainly look to techno sorts, mainly glitch and electronica with a bit of dubstep sprinkled in there. Basically anything bass heavy, but I still like to get in my trebles and mids. (Justice, Skrillex, glitch mob, etc.) So far I've really kept my eye on Klipsch S4's, I've heard great things like there bass about them, but I've also heard the S4's treble and mids are pretty bad. I listened to my friends pair of S4's and they sounded a bit to high pitched and offtone. I've also been looking at monster turbines, but they are kind of expensive. Does anyone have any other suggestions? As for headphones, I'd rather them be light and able to carry them on my neck without them clasping over my throat. Just anything that doesn't look really awkward. (cases include would be nice) Thanks in advance.
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/21/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 9/21/11
- productKlipsch IMAGE S4-WH In-Ear Enhanced Bass Noise-Isolating Headphone, Whitetagged by System, 9/21/11
- productMP4Nation Brainwavz M2tagged by System, 9/21/11
- productNuForce NE-700Xtagged by System, 9/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- Reccomendations for an inexpensive pair (<$50) of quality headphones, earphones or IEM's... Last post on 4/11/11 at 9:00pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- My Neverending Quest for a Gym Headphone for Hip Hop, Any ideas? Last post on 4/26/11 at 12:03am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which will you most likely go with? Last post on 8/23/10 at 1:15pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- New IEM help? Last post on 9/10/12 at 12:19pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- New Brainwavz iem - M5 Last post on 2/18/13 at 10:13am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
my repost from: http://www.head-fi.org/t/623894/review-logitech-ue9000-ultimate-ears-headphones-released-the-ue4000-ue6000-and-the-ue9000-impressions-thread/930 Just my two cents, to me, I feel...
When MEE was describing their new iems to me this is what they said: "... these earphones heavily emphasize comfort and appearance, they have nicely balanced sound that is less bassy compared to...
INTRODUCTION First of all, a big THANK YOU to Michael Lin from FIDUE for providing the review unit. It is much appreciated, and my humble ears are feeling so incredibly honoured to be included...
Some people may remember my Mrice E100 review which tells about being the best 2014 earbud king ? … with Blox BE3 .. you can forget that ! welcome to the new earbud that comes from another world...
Hi people. I have owned a pair of these earphones for over a year now, and this is what I think about them. I am a beginner reviewer so please, have some understanding. Also, English is not my...
Looking for a pair of portable headphones/earphones, 40-75$post #1 of 59/19/11 at 10:50pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 59/19/11 at 11:14pmpost #3 of 59/19/11 at 11:18pm
NuForce NE-700X (which I happen to be selling wink wink) are also a great choice. You'll probably see Klipsch S4i mentioned, but I would stay away, because for me they were extremely harsh and sibilant sounding.
Edit: I see you mentioned S4 yourself, and had the same conclusions as me, ahha. Sorry, I'm not good with blocks of text. Brainwavz M2 and NuForce NE-700X are good competitors.
Edited by soundstige - 9/19/11 at 11:19pmpost #4 of 59/20/11 at 12:14pmThread Starter
Hmm, I checked out the M2's and they seem ok. I saw that most of the time the bass wasn't overdone. (I'm not sure if overdone is or good or not. imo More bass> less bass)
The Nuforce ones... the eartips look kind of awkward. They seem shallow and, it looks like they'd fall out of my ear a lot.
How would monster turbines compare to any of these? I've listened to my friends and the bass sounds terrific, but I'd rather find something a bit cheaper for the same value first.post #5 of 59/20/11 at 1:59pm
I will recommend the Sony EX310, EX510 (uses dome type dynamic drivers) and they sound crisp, clean with deep punchy bass and wider soundstage.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for a pair of portable headphones/earphones, 40-75$
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Audeze LCD-X 12 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 20 seconds ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster new series Z, Zx & ZxR 42 seconds ago
- › Comparison: HD600, MA900, DT 150 and SRH840 1 minute ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 1 minute ago
- › Matrix X-Sabre DAC review and impression thread 1 minute ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 2 minutes ago
- › Rockbox for iBasso DX50 + cwm recovery Latest Update: 2014-09-15 4 minutes ago
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Crystal by MEElectronics In-Ear Headphones with Microphone Made... by indieman
- › Fidue A31s by djvkool
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic by donniefalcone
- › PCM-M10 Portable Digital Recorder by THD plus N
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by JoeDoe
- › Superlux HD-668 B by donniefalcone
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by piksnz
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)