I mainly look to techno sorts, mainly glitch and electronica with a bit of dubstep sprinkled in there. Basically anything bass heavy, but I still like to get in my trebles and mids. (Justice, Skrillex, glitch mob, etc.) So far I've really kept my eye on Klipsch S4's, I've heard great things like there bass about them, but I've also heard the S4's treble and mids are pretty bad. I listened to my friends pair of S4's and they sounded a bit to high pitched and offtone. I've also been looking at monster turbines, but they are kind of expensive. Does anyone have any other suggestions? As for headphones, I'd rather them be light and able to carry them on my neck without them clasping over my throat. Just anything that doesn't look really awkward. (cases include would be nice) Thanks in advance.
Related Forum Threads
- Reccomendations for an inexpensive pair (<$50) of quality headphones, earphones or IEM's... Last post on 4/11/11 at 9:00pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- My Neverending Quest for a Gym Headphone for Hip Hop, Any ideas? Last post on 4/26/11 at 12:03am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which will you most likely go with? Last post on 8/23/10 at 1:15pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- New IEM help? Last post on 9/10/12 at 12:19pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- New Brainwavz iem - M5 Last post on 2/18/13 at 10:13am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Grado Modification Overview
Edited on 9/27/11
- Headphone ImpedanceEdited on 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeEdited on 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaEdited on 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationEdited on 5/7/10
Disclaimer: My only other good cans to compare these to are Beyerdynamics DT770 (250). I fully realize this review will be biased because of that. So please keep that in mind. This review is my...
First Impressions: Well, when I first used these, I used them in the same place I'd expect myself to continue using these, on the go from place to place, and while at places outside the...
I bought these this week from amazon.co.uk for £10 including delivery. That's US $15. Packaging, appearance, warranty, euro-nanny knows best: Mine arrived in the small European packaging box,...
Absolutely beautiful little player. It's just a gorgeous chunk of tech that feels good to hold. For me personally tech has to have form as well as function and the AK120 doesn't disappoint on...
I agree w most reviews that these does not warrant the $499 MSRP. (Then rather opt for D5k, D7k). BUT - at the +-$230 range I got them at (Amazon warehouse) - these are VERY good value for...
Looking for a pair of portable headphones/earphones, 40-75$post #1 of 59/19/11 at 10:50pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 59/19/11 at 11:14pmpost #3 of 59/19/11 at 11:18pm
NuForce NE-700X (which I happen to be selling wink wink) are also a great choice. You'll probably see Klipsch S4i mentioned, but I would stay away, because for me they were extremely harsh and sibilant sounding.
Edit: I see you mentioned S4 yourself, and had the same conclusions as me, ahha. Sorry, I'm not good with blocks of text. Brainwavz M2 and NuForce NE-700X are good competitors.
Edited by soundstige - 9/19/11 at 11:19pmpost #4 of 59/20/11 at 12:14pmThread Starter
Hmm, I checked out the M2's and they seem ok. I saw that most of the time the bass wasn't overdone. (I'm not sure if overdone is or good or not. imo More bass> less bass)
The Nuforce ones... the eartips look kind of awkward. They seem shallow and, it looks like they'd fall out of my ear a lot.
How would monster turbines compare to any of these? I've listened to my friends and the bass sounds terrific, but I'd rather find something a bit cheaper for the same value first.post #5 of 59/20/11 at 1:59pm
I will recommend the Sony EX310, EX510 (uses dome type dynamic drivers) and they sound crisp, clean with deep punchy bass and wider soundstage.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for a pair of portable headphones/earphones, 40-75$
- Headphone Impedance
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 seconds ago
- › Koss KSC75's. Don't Forget About This Giant Killer In All The Hype. 3 minutes ago
- › Questions about Ohm 4 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 thread 5 minutes ago
- › Post your desktop! 5 minutes ago
- › Shure srh940 mod 7 minutes ago
- › C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp (80 Hours from a Single Charge!)... 9 minutes ago
- › worst date stories 9 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 9 minutes ago
- › rudistor rp-030 10 minutes ago
- › [Apollo] IEM Upgrade Cable by Effect Audio by ClieOS
- › Audio Technica ATH-M40FS Precision StudioPhones by UmustBKidn
- › JVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black... by daleb
- › Koss KSC75 Portable Stereophone Headphones by julian67
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by GSARider
- › Denon AH-D600 by johangrb
- › Sennheiser HD 250 Linear II by xEcuToR
- › Sennheiser CX150 Ear-Canal Phones by BadMoose
- › Rhapsodio RDB+ 2v1 by svyr
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad1000x by a_recording
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe