I mainly look to techno sorts, mainly glitch and electronica with a bit of dubstep sprinkled in there. Basically anything bass heavy, but I still like to get in my trebles and mids. (Justice, Skrillex, glitch mob, etc.) So far I've really kept my eye on Klipsch S4's, I've heard great things like there bass about them, but I've also heard the S4's treble and mids are pretty bad. I listened to my friends pair of S4's and they sounded a bit to high pitched and offtone. I've also been looking at monster turbines, but they are kind of expensive. Does anyone have any other suggestions? As for headphones, I'd rather them be light and able to carry them on my neck without them clasping over my throat. Just anything that doesn't look really awkward. (cases include would be nice) Thanks in advance.
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/21/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 9/21/11
- productKlipsch IMAGE S4-WH In-Ear Enhanced Bass Noise-Isolating Headphone, Whitetagged by System, 9/21/11
- productMP4Nation Brainwavz M2tagged by System, 9/21/11
- productNuForce NE-700Xtagged by System, 9/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- Reccomendations for an inexpensive pair (<$50) of quality headphones, earphones or IEM's... Last post on 4/11/11 at 9:00pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- My Neverending Quest for a Gym Headphone for Hip Hop, Any ideas? Last post on 4/26/11 at 12:03am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which will you most likely go with? Last post on 8/23/10 at 1:15pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- New IEM help? Last post on 9/10/12 at 12:19pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- New Brainwavz iem - M5 Last post on 2/18/13 at 10:13am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
The product was provided to me free of charge for the review purpose in exchange for my honest opinion. The review was originally posted on my blog, and now I would like to share it with all my...
I was surprised to see only a single review for this player, so figured I'd throw my hat into the ring. I owned this player for about a year until it was stolen (along with an entire...
I have had the opportunity to review a few inexpensive MP3 players recently and have generally been quite impressed with many of them as they clearly appear to put sound quality before pretty much...
WHAT MAKES THESE TUBE AMPS SPECIAL?Okay, so every audiophile or audio enthusiast I've met wants one of these and there is certainly a reason for it. Besides the fact that this thing just sounds...
Greetings Head-fi! Today we are going to checking out an exciting new entry to FiiO's expanding earphone lineup, the F1. FiiO really needs no introduction given that their audio equipment has grown...
Looking for a pair of portable headphones/earphones, 40-75$post #1 of 59/19/11 at 10:50pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 59/19/11 at 11:14pmpost #3 of 59/19/11 at 11:18pm
NuForce NE-700X (which I happen to be selling wink wink) are also a great choice. You'll probably see Klipsch S4i mentioned, but I would stay away, because for me they were extremely harsh and sibilant sounding.
Edit: I see you mentioned S4 yourself, and had the same conclusions as me, ahha. Sorry, I'm not good with blocks of text. Brainwavz M2 and NuForce NE-700X are good competitors.
Edited by soundstige - 9/19/11 at 11:19pmpost #4 of 59/20/11 at 12:14pmThread Starter
Hmm, I checked out the M2's and they seem ok. I saw that most of the time the bass wasn't overdone. (I'm not sure if overdone is or good or not. imo More bass> less bass)
The Nuforce ones... the eartips look kind of awkward. They seem shallow and, it looks like they'd fall out of my ear a lot.
How would monster turbines compare to any of these? I've listened to my friends and the bass sounds terrific, but I'd rather find something a bit cheaper for the same value first.post #5 of 59/20/11 at 1:59pm
I will recommend the Sony EX310, EX510 (uses dome type dynamic drivers) and they sound crisp, clean with deep punchy bass and wider soundstage.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for a pair of portable headphones/earphones, 40-75$
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › DITA - The Answer (Truth Edition). 32 seconds ago
- › Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz) 43 seconds ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read... 50 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic Custom Studio? 2 minutes ago
- › Xiaomi Pistons 3.0 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 2 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆ 3 minutes ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 3 minutes ago
- › oBravo ERIB-1C 2way planar magnetic hybrid by twister6
- › Astell & Kern AK Jr. Hi-Res Music Player 64GB by SkumBucket
- › BENJIE K9 8G APE/FLAC/WAV High Sound Quality Entry-level Lossless... by Peddler
- › Darkvoice 336SE by SOULSIK
- › Fiio F1 Dynamic In-ear Monitors by B9Scrambler
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by OSiRiSsk
- › Brainwavz Jive by ezekiel77
- › Accutone Pisces Digital In-Ear Headset - Retail Packaging -... by Cinder
- › Noble Audio Dulce Bass UIEM by EZE99
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by PinkyPowers
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear