Any word on when these will be released? Was considering getting the hd438 but the hd439 looks cooler.If they really are just re-shelled versions of their old models then maybe I'd get those instead :\
Related Forum Threads
- Which headphones handle very fast, complex music better: Sennheiser or Grado? [and NOT just hard... Last post on 7/29/12 at 6:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD 700: It's now official! Last post on 1/10/12 at 6:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help picking something. Sennheiser? (im noob) Last post on 12/15/11 at 3:21pm in Headphones (full-size)
- $200 Budget, need Headphones! Last post on 6/27/12 at 4:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Is Grado evolving too slowly? Last post on 5/23/13 at 9:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)Last edited: 7/25/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)Last edited: 9/13/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Bought those as a portable go-to set (subway use, airplanes, travelling, etc.) and am so far very pleased. I previously used Etymotic IEM's (ER-4P and HF3) which are known for their clarity and...
http://www.head-fi.org/t/685339/new-akg-flagship-k812-first-impression/120#post_10026763 Now I correct the Google translate - I use http://www.dict.cc/ and my (small) knowledge of English I hope...
Sounds great with the modded AKG Q701. Nearly as good with that as my main amp that originally cost $350. Impressive! In fact, the Vali added nothing to the sound of the modded Q701, which is...
*I listened to the Westone 4Rs using iPhone 4S and the latest iPod Classic (6th Generation). The below sums up my listening experience from these sources only.* The Westone 4Rs fit my ears...
I have owned the ECP Audio L-2 for about 2 months now. I also own an Eddie Current Super 7 with NOS tubes, including Tung Sol BGRP driver tube. I have previously owned the Woo WA22, the Luxman...
Sennheiser Updates? - HD4x9 Announced? - Page 3
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #32 of 4711/8/11 at 4:50am
Lol I removed the chrome spokes on my 438s.
I think both headphones use the same drivers. Any differences will be purely cosmetic.
They're just Sennheiser's attempt at converting Skullcandy fanboys into audiophiles.post #33 of 4711/8/11 at 4:41pmQuote:
That's not bad,right? I mean becoming more stylish so people concerned with looks can now purchase real headphones can only be a good thing.And mind posting a picture of how the 438s look without those rim things please? those are really a turnoff for me,they look really cheesy IMHO...post #34 of 4711/8/11 at 11:05pmThread StarterQuote:
I just don't know how this can be claimed.
Would it be surprising? Surely not, but I think it was pretty clear that the updates to the 500 series were not purely cosmetic, even if ergonomically no changes were made. I wouldn't be surprised by a few tweakspost #35 of 4711/8/11 at 11:12pmQuote:
i like my 448s but rarely use them since all my other cans are better than them and since i own hd 650s lol
my roommate uses them sometimes to watch a movie or something, besides that i rarely use them.
hopefully the hd 449s will fix the sloppy weak bass on the hd 448s.
everything else on them is pretty good. the mids are amazing for the price and the highs are ok.post #36 of 4711/8/11 at 11:15pmThread StarterQuote:
This is exactly how I feel. Bass quantity is fine, but the texture is awful. Luckily, the mids are gorgeous enough for me to still love it as my "plug and play" headphone.post #37 of 4711/8/11 at 11:47pmQuote:
They can already be ordered at a number of places, for example the HD439 in Europe here, but there are probably better alternatives as well.post #38 of 4711/9/11 at 1:07amQuote:Originally Posted by stv014
They can already be ordered at a number of places, for example the HD439 in Europe here, but there are probably better alternatives as well.
But is it already available is the US or anywhere else? I live in Singapore and I looked around the malls near my area but I can't find the HD 4x9 series headphones
post #39 of 4711/9/11 at 1:44amQuote:
They're not out in Singapore yet.
If Stereo decides to stock them, I think it'll be around late December.
Imo, stylish headphones are headphones with only two colours.
Hifiman planars, HD650, etc.
I'll pm you the pic.post #40 of 4711/9/11 at 1:50amQuote:
Thanks man.I feel the same,headphones with too many colors are more lame than stylish to me eg:the sony piq headphones.Only exception is the pq1 in the line of headphones but it is pink.. :(
post #41 of 4711/9/11 at 1:54ampost #42 of 4711/9/11 at 2:04amQuote:
By mid-fi I think they were referring to the 500 series.post #43 of 4711/9/11 at 3:28amQuote:
I think the site I linked can ship worldwide, although maybe the prices (with shipping, taxes, etc.) are not very good outside the EU, and it may take some time to arrive. But it is best to do a search for shops that can ship to your location at a good price, or simply wait for a while until these new models become more widely available.post #44 of 4711/9/11 at 3:35am
Great, now that most of the Senn lineup has been refreshed (including the new ie60 and ie80), they can start finalizing the hd600/650 update :) I personally would love to see a ring driver, perhaps in the vein of the grado ps500 as compared to the ps1000.post #45 of 4711/9/11 at 10:44amQuote:
hd 700 and hd 750s ftw.
- Sennheiser Updates? - HD4x9 Announced?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! 47 seconds ago
- › WESTONE 3 IMPRESSIONS AND APPRECIATION THREAD 1 minute ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 - over the ear headphones 2 minutes ago
- › THE HYPE.............................. Appreciation Thread. 4 minutes ago
- › VA / MD / DC meet - Saturday, January 18, 2014 4 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production... 4 minutes ago
- › The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP 4 minutes ago
- › Grado Bushmills X - Grado's first closed-back headphone? 6 minutes ago
- › Audio-GD NFB-15.32 Delivery & Impression Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Speaker amps for headphones 6 minutes ago
- › Shure SE215 Black by starlan
- › AKG K812 by FritzS
- › Schiit Vali by tdockweiler
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by Wilderbeast
- › ecp audio L-2 Parafeed Headphone Amplifier by minimus
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by DrumminD21311
- › FiiO RC-MH1 Headphone Upgrade Cable by SkyBleu
- › Sennheiser CX 175 by thesurvivor90
- › EarSonics SM2 v2 by Gilly87
- › Shure SE535-V Triple High-Definition MicroDriver Earphone with... by Wilderbeast
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Cables &... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Wireless... by joe