Any word on when these will be released? Was considering getting the hd438 but the hd439 looks cooler.If they really are just re-shelled versions of their old models then maybe I'd get those instead :\
Related Forum Threads
- Which headphones handle very fast, complex music better: Sennheiser or Grado? [and NOT just hard... Last post on 7/13/14 at 9:18am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD 700: It's now official! Last post on 1/10/12 at 6:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help picking something. Sennheiser? (im noob) Last post on 12/15/11 at 3:21pm in Headphones (full-size)
- $200 Budget, need Headphones! Last post on 6/27/12 at 4:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Is Grado evolving too slowly? Last post on 9/13/14 at 4:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Introduction Reviewer Introduction Product Introduction Technical Specifications Sound Quality Signature Overview Sound...
So I got the chance to try out the Aune M1S, and to my Surprise it was way more than I had anticipated or expected. My first impressions was an absolute shock! This thing punches way above it...
Greetings Head-fi! Today we are going to be taking a look at the Paco, a compact, attractive, and smartly priced earphone in Fischer Audio's Totem series of products. Fischer Audio isn't new to the...
Overview I purchased these when they first came out during Black Friday in 2016, when they were on sale for $100 CAD. Until these I had mostly spent all of my money on IEMs since they're a lot...
INTRODUCTION Pioneer really surprised me with the new release of the DJ HRM-6 Professional Studio Monitor Headphones. I've recently tried out seven headphones that are considered high end and...
Sennheiser Updates? - HD4x9 Announced? - Page 3
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #32 of 4711/8/11 at 4:50am
Lol I removed the chrome spokes on my 438s.
I think both headphones use the same drivers. Any differences will be purely cosmetic.
They're just Sennheiser's attempt at converting Skullcandy fanboys into audiophiles.post #33 of 4711/8/11 at 4:41pmQuote:
That's not bad,right? I mean becoming more stylish so people concerned with looks can now purchase real headphones can only be a good thing.And mind posting a picture of how the 438s look without those rim things please? those are really a turnoff for me,they look really cheesy IMHO...post #34 of 4711/8/11 at 11:05pmThread StarterQuote:
I just don't know how this can be claimed.
Would it be surprising? Surely not, but I think it was pretty clear that the updates to the 500 series were not purely cosmetic, even if ergonomically no changes were made. I wouldn't be surprised by a few tweakspost #35 of 4711/8/11 at 11:12pmQuote:
i like my 448s but rarely use them since all my other cans are better than them and since i own hd 650s lol
my roommate uses them sometimes to watch a movie or something, besides that i rarely use them.
hopefully the hd 449s will fix the sloppy weak bass on the hd 448s.
everything else on them is pretty good. the mids are amazing for the price and the highs are ok.post #36 of 4711/8/11 at 11:15pmThread StarterQuote:
This is exactly how I feel. Bass quantity is fine, but the texture is awful. Luckily, the mids are gorgeous enough for me to still love it as my "plug and play" headphone.post #37 of 4711/8/11 at 11:47pmQuote:
They can already be ordered at a number of places, for example the HD439 in Europe here, but there are probably better alternatives as well.post #38 of 4711/9/11 at 1:07amQuote:Originally Posted by stv014
They can already be ordered at a number of places, for example the HD439 in Europe here, but there are probably better alternatives as well.
But is it already available is the US or anywhere else? I live in Singapore and I looked around the malls near my area but I can't find the HD 4x9 series headphones
post #39 of 4711/9/11 at 1:44amQuote:
They're not out in Singapore yet.
If Stereo decides to stock them, I think it'll be around late December.
Imo, stylish headphones are headphones with only two colours.
Hifiman planars, HD650, etc.
I'll pm you the pic.post #40 of 4711/9/11 at 1:50amQuote:
Thanks man.I feel the same,headphones with too many colors are more lame than stylish to me eg:the sony piq headphones.Only exception is the pq1 in the line of headphones but it is pink.. :(
post #41 of 4711/9/11 at 1:54ampost #42 of 4711/9/11 at 2:04amQuote:
By mid-fi I think they were referring to the 500 series.post #43 of 4711/9/11 at 3:28amQuote:
I think the site I linked can ship worldwide, although maybe the prices (with shipping, taxes, etc.) are not very good outside the EU, and it may take some time to arrive. But it is best to do a search for shops that can ship to your location at a good price, or simply wait for a while until these new models become more widely available.post #44 of 4711/9/11 at 3:35am
Great, now that most of the Senn lineup has been refreshed (including the new ie60 and ie80), they can start finalizing the hd600/650 update :) I personally would love to see a ring driver, perhaps in the vein of the grado ps500 as compared to the ps1000.post #45 of 4711/9/11 at 10:44amQuote:
hd 700 and hd 750s ftw.
- Sennheiser Updates? - HD4x9 Announced?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Headphone Impedance
- › Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM... 28 seconds ago
- › COMING SOON: Cayin N3 Hi-Res DAP with AKM4490 DAC, apt-X Bluetooth,... 41 seconds ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 1 minute ago
- › Official Head-Fi Houston Summer Kick-Off Meet: Saturday - May 20th,... 1 minute ago
- › JVC new top tier Wooden IEM : JVC HA FX 1100 1 minute ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 2 minutes ago
- › Ranking the Stars - flinkenick's 2017 IEM Flagship Shootout 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 2 minutes ago
- › Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 with logitech z333 ? 2 minutes ago
- › Koss KSC75's. Dont Forget This Giant Killer in all the ''Hidden... 3 minutes ago
- › Custom Art Harmony 8.2 by Ike1985
- › AUNE M1S 32BIT/384KHZ DSD128 3.5MM/2.5MM BALANCED HIFI AUDIOPHILE... by Hypespazm
- › Fischer Audio Totem Paco by B9Scrambler
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Cs by peaches
- › Pioneer DJ HRM-6 Professional Studio Monitor Headphones by ILIRS CORNER
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by ngoshawk
- › RHA Dacamp L1 by ngoshawk
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by kevingzw
- › thinksound On2 wood on-ear monitor headphone (natural black) by crabdog
- › PSB M4U 1 by JoshG1217
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear