Any word on when these will be released? Was considering getting the hd438 but the hd439 looks cooler.If they really are just re-shelled versions of their old models then maybe I'd get those instead :\
Related Forum Threads
- Which headphones handle very fast, complex music better: Sennheiser or Grado? [and NOT just hard... Last post on 7/29/12 at 6:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD 700: It's now official! Last post on 1/10/12 at 6:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help picking something. Sennheiser? (im noob) Last post on 12/15/11 at 3:21pm in Headphones (full-size)
- $200 Budget, need Headphones! Last post on 6/27/12 at 4:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Is Grado evolving too slowly? Last post on 5/23/13 at 9:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)Last edited: 7/25/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)Last edited: 9/13/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Best i-Device portable DAC ever listened to, very neutral and smooth like from a desktop DAC. Currently using it with my iPod touch 5 (Yes, it's support lightinig connector). I will prefer filter...
The entire Sony xba line is gorgeous: very sensitive and well executed lines, comfortable despite size, flat cable, nice case, a 90'plug. The first time I tried the Xba3 the sound wasn't...
I purchased this on Amazon from a vendor that had a combined listing for the older model and newer E07 Andes. So I received the new model at the old model price and saved about $20. So that was...
These earphones are slightly overpriced compared to some competitive earphones. I think. I love the over-ear construction and the isolation is superb. The sound quality is impressive and...
Have had these for 3 months after losing a pair of Pioneer HDJ 500s. Preferred the look and build quality of the Pioneers, but the Sonys look ok and fold up nicely. The HDJ 500s didn't fold, but...
Sennheiser Updates? - HD4x9 Announced? - Page 3
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #32 of 4711/8/11 at 4:50am
Lol I removed the chrome spokes on my 438s.
I think both headphones use the same drivers. Any differences will be purely cosmetic.
They're just Sennheiser's attempt at converting Skullcandy fanboys into audiophiles.post #33 of 4711/8/11 at 4:41pmQuote:
That's not bad,right? I mean becoming more stylish so people concerned with looks can now purchase real headphones can only be a good thing.And mind posting a picture of how the 438s look without those rim things please? those are really a turnoff for me,they look really cheesy IMHO...post #34 of 4711/8/11 at 11:05pmThread StarterQuote:
I just don't know how this can be claimed.
Would it be surprising? Surely not, but I think it was pretty clear that the updates to the 500 series were not purely cosmetic, even if ergonomically no changes were made. I wouldn't be surprised by a few tweakspost #35 of 4711/8/11 at 11:12pmQuote:
i like my 448s but rarely use them since all my other cans are better than them and since i own hd 650s lol
my roommate uses them sometimes to watch a movie or something, besides that i rarely use them.
hopefully the hd 449s will fix the sloppy weak bass on the hd 448s.
everything else on them is pretty good. the mids are amazing for the price and the highs are ok.post #36 of 4711/8/11 at 11:15pmThread StarterQuote:
This is exactly how I feel. Bass quantity is fine, but the texture is awful. Luckily, the mids are gorgeous enough for me to still love it as my "plug and play" headphone.post #37 of 4711/8/11 at 11:47pmQuote:
They can already be ordered at a number of places, for example the HD439 in Europe here, but there are probably better alternatives as well.post #38 of 4711/9/11 at 1:07amQuote:Originally Posted by stv014
They can already be ordered at a number of places, for example the HD439 in Europe here, but there are probably better alternatives as well.
But is it already available is the US or anywhere else? I live in Singapore and I looked around the malls near my area but I can't find the HD 4x9 series headphones
post #39 of 4711/9/11 at 1:44amQuote:
They're not out in Singapore yet.
If Stereo decides to stock them, I think it'll be around late December.
Imo, stylish headphones are headphones with only two colours.
Hifiman planars, HD650, etc.
I'll pm you the pic.post #40 of 4711/9/11 at 1:50amQuote:
Thanks man.I feel the same,headphones with too many colors are more lame than stylish to me eg:the sony piq headphones.Only exception is the pq1 in the line of headphones but it is pink.. :(
post #41 of 4711/9/11 at 1:54ampost #42 of 4711/9/11 at 2:04amQuote:
By mid-fi I think they were referring to the 500 series.post #43 of 4711/9/11 at 3:28amQuote:
I think the site I linked can ship worldwide, although maybe the prices (with shipping, taxes, etc.) are not very good outside the EU, and it may take some time to arrive. But it is best to do a search for shops that can ship to your location at a good price, or simply wait for a while until these new models become more widely available.post #44 of 4711/9/11 at 3:35am
Great, now that most of the Senn lineup has been refreshed (including the new ie60 and ie80), they can start finalizing the hd600/650 update :) I personally would love to see a ring driver, perhaps in the vein of the grado ps500 as compared to the ps1000.post #45 of 4711/9/11 at 10:44amQuote:
hd 700 and hd 750s ftw.
- Sennheiser Updates? - HD4x9 Announced?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Appreciation Thread 34 seconds ago
- › Sony's DSD-capable PHA-2 portable headphone amp/DAC 1 minute ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT 150: Bloody Brilliant! 1 minute ago
- › Jerry Harvey, The Rise of the In-Ear Monitor | Talks at Google 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Resonessence Labs Concero discussion/review thead 2 minutes ago
- › InEarZ (Fisher Hearing) Custom Remold Owner's Thread 3 minutes ago
- › High Isolating, Closed, Under $300 3 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 4 minutes ago
- › Fostex HP-P1 by Jensenchua
- › Sony XBA-3SL by squallkiercosa
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by originalsnuffy
- › Shure SE535-V Earphone by david8090
- › Sony MDR-V55/BR DJ style Headphones by Vero Golf Champ
- › Pure i20 iPod Dock by Gruffnutz
- › Astell & Kern AK240 by Currawong
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by TherryK13
- › V-MODA XS by Tom22
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by xflight297
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob