Any word on when these will be released? Was considering getting the hd438 but the hd439 looks cooler.If they really are just re-shelled versions of their old models then maybe I'd get those instead :\
Related Forum Threads
- Which headphones handle very fast, complex music better: Sennheiser or Grado? [and NOT just hard... Last post on 7/13/14 at 9:18am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD 700: It's now official! Last post on 1/10/12 at 6:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help picking something. Sennheiser? (im noob) Last post on 12/15/11 at 3:21pm in Headphones (full-size)
- $200 Budget, need Headphones! Last post on 6/27/12 at 4:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Is Grado evolving too slowly? Last post on 9/13/14 at 4:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 – initial impressions Many thanks to @Tony-Hifi from HiFiHeadphones.co.uk for adding me to the UK tour for these earphones – the impressions below are based on the time I...
I am very glad that ONKYO released their new line of headphones into the North American market this June. I had been very curious about trying the ONKYO sound, but knowing new models were soon...
I love this little thing I really do. I bought it for myself as a present for a professional milestone. I can't tell you that it is worth almost 200 bucks, that's your call, but I don't regret the...
This review was copy pasted from the Sound Blaster X7 thread with minor edits to make it appeal to broader audience. Intro First of all, I would really like to thank Andrew Sparks, the man...
I first used these as monitoring headphones for recording. They quickly moved out of my home studio and now I use them everywhere. I have one pair at home and one pair at work. I also take them...
Sennheiser Updates? - HD4x9 Announced? - Page 3
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #32 of 4711/8/11 at 4:50am
Lol I removed the chrome spokes on my 438s.
I think both headphones use the same drivers. Any differences will be purely cosmetic.
They're just Sennheiser's attempt at converting Skullcandy fanboys into audiophiles.post #33 of 4711/8/11 at 4:41pmQuote:
That's not bad,right? I mean becoming more stylish so people concerned with looks can now purchase real headphones can only be a good thing.And mind posting a picture of how the 438s look without those rim things please? those are really a turnoff for me,they look really cheesy IMHO...post #34 of 4711/8/11 at 11:05pmThread StarterQuote:
I just don't know how this can be claimed.
Would it be surprising? Surely not, but I think it was pretty clear that the updates to the 500 series were not purely cosmetic, even if ergonomically no changes were made. I wouldn't be surprised by a few tweakspost #35 of 4711/8/11 at 11:12pmQuote:
i like my 448s but rarely use them since all my other cans are better than them and since i own hd 650s lol
my roommate uses them sometimes to watch a movie or something, besides that i rarely use them.
hopefully the hd 449s will fix the sloppy weak bass on the hd 448s.
everything else on them is pretty good. the mids are amazing for the price and the highs are ok.post #36 of 4711/8/11 at 11:15pmThread StarterQuote:
This is exactly how I feel. Bass quantity is fine, but the texture is awful. Luckily, the mids are gorgeous enough for me to still love it as my "plug and play" headphone.post #37 of 4711/8/11 at 11:47pmQuote:
They can already be ordered at a number of places, for example the HD439 in Europe here, but there are probably better alternatives as well.post #38 of 4711/9/11 at 1:07amQuote:Originally Posted by stv014
They can already be ordered at a number of places, for example the HD439 in Europe here, but there are probably better alternatives as well.
But is it already available is the US or anywhere else? I live in Singapore and I looked around the malls near my area but I can't find the HD 4x9 series headphones
post #39 of 4711/9/11 at 1:44amQuote:
They're not out in Singapore yet.
If Stereo decides to stock them, I think it'll be around late December.
Imo, stylish headphones are headphones with only two colours.
Hifiman planars, HD650, etc.
I'll pm you the pic.post #40 of 4711/9/11 at 1:50amQuote:
Thanks man.I feel the same,headphones with too many colors are more lame than stylish to me eg:the sony piq headphones.Only exception is the pq1 in the line of headphones but it is pink.. :(
post #41 of 4711/9/11 at 1:54ampost #42 of 4711/9/11 at 2:04amQuote:
By mid-fi I think they were referring to the 500 series.post #43 of 4711/9/11 at 3:28amQuote:
I think the site I linked can ship worldwide, although maybe the prices (with shipping, taxes, etc.) are not very good outside the EU, and it may take some time to arrive. But it is best to do a search for shops that can ship to your location at a good price, or simply wait for a while until these new models become more widely available.post #44 of 4711/9/11 at 3:35am
Great, now that most of the Senn lineup has been refreshed (including the new ie60 and ie80), they can start finalizing the hd600/650 update :) I personally would love to see a ring driver, perhaps in the vein of the grado ps500 as compared to the ps1000.post #45 of 4711/9/11 at 10:44amQuote:
hd 700 and hd 750s ftw.
- Sennheiser Updates? - HD4x9 Announced?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Cayin N5 DAP - Product Info (Post #2), Resources (Post #3) and... 10 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser's New HD Line of Affordable Headphones (HD 451, HD 461,... 31 seconds ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 39 seconds ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 2 minutes ago
- › Shozy Cygnus Official Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up (Update: April 17th, 2016) 4 minutes ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread 4 minutes ago
- › Rose Mojito Earbuds 4 minutes ago
- › Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › MEE audio Pinnacle P1 High Fidelity Audiophile In-Ear Headphones... by Jackpot77
- › ONKYO sealed wireless headphone Bluetooth-enabled / NFC support /... by Sonic Defender
- › AudioQuest DragonFly Red USB DAC, Preamp, Headphone Amp by selfdude
- › Sparkos Labs SS3601 Discrete Op-Amps by Yethal
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by selfdude
- › Cascadia Audio Talos by keanex
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player by Nymphonomaniac
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by fjhuerta
- › Cleer BT Bluetooth Wireless Headphone by moedawg140
- › ZhiYin Z2016 by crabdog
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...