Has anyone found alternative pads for their Hifimans that they actually ended up sticking with?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K271 MKII's or Sennheiser HD25's? Last post on 1/10/12 at 10:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
- What headphones are best for me? Last post on 1/2/12 at 7:39pm in Headphones (full-size)
- New to full-size need advices Last post on 12/19/11 at 12:34pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K240 MKII vs K271 MKII Last post on 11/12/11 at 2:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Fittings on the HiFiMAN headphones - what are they called? Last post on 10/10/11 at 9:42am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Introduction I have owned these headphones for four years now. These were my first decent pair that I researched before buying. Before this I had just bought inexpensive headphones that happened...
Greetings Head-fi! Today we're going to be checking out a wireless Bluetooth speaker from Archeer, the A320. Archeer sells a pretty wide variety of products like cellphone cases, headphones,...
Introduction – Everyone knows earbuds, those cheap, tinny sounding throwaways included with almost every mp3 player. So then, it may come as a surprise that earbuds are making a comeback and not...
The Oriveti BASIC: A dark and inviting entry-level offering into higher level audio BASIC was provided to me free of charge in exchange for feedback and review -- I am in no way affiliated with...
Focal Utopia By: Dillan Archer Photographs by: Regan Hulvey Introduction I have spent the greater part of my evenings the last few days (and this morning) listening and...
Mission: Replace the HiFiMAN ear pads with other brand ear pads - Page 28post #406 of 5869/30/13 at 11:02pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #407 of 58610/1/13 at 6:02amThe LCD3 pads definitely tame the bass down, probably because of the distancing from the driver. It's more mid-forward and open sounding than velour pads, at the expense of bass. Therefore I would not really do it with HIFIMAN headphones unless maybe the HE500.post #408 of 58610/1/13 at 7:13amQuote:
It's definitely a smooth-sounding set of pads, but I didn't dig it too much with the HE500s.post #409 of 58610/1/13 at 9:55amQuote:
Aha, well they definitely sound even worse on the HE400/HE6 by default (not on my HE6 rig though ). That's why I said maybe better on the HE500, haven't tested it on that headphone myself.post #410 of 58610/1/13 at 10:08amQuote:
It's a shame I moved back to Toronto recently, otherwise we could easily sit down and try out different earpads (for instance, I'm really interested in hearing how the newest rendition of the Jergpads fare with HE6).post #411 of 58610/5/13 at 7:44pmpost #412 of 58610/5/13 at 11:20pmpost #413 of 58610/5/13 at 11:36pmpost #414 of 58610/6/13 at 12:51ampost #415 of 58610/6/13 at 2:32amQuote:Typo error. M. Lawton unless Mark's middle name is J.Originally Posted by jibzilla
I think you mean either jmoney or M.Lawton (Lawton pads). There is no j.lawton pads that I know of. I tried both of those pads but they sucked out the bass and were kinda too small. I believe 90mm where you looking for 103.
I found that the he-500 are kinda the opposite of most headphones where thickness and angle are concerned. The thicker the pad, the more aggressive the angle on a pad the more the bass seems to float away. L-3000's are 100mm and not as thick or angled as most of the pad options out there but supremely soft and way more comfy than the stock pleather and velour hifiman pads.
SQ wise not a whole lot of change from stock, which was for me a good thing. I put them up against stax 02, denon, Lawton, jmoney(denon), and audeze lcd-2 leather. To me the L-3000's were it. Also, if you had jmoney, was it jmoney beyer or denon? To me the denon variations are too small, work but barely and audeze too big, kept floating around. Stax was pretty darn good but even those messed with the sound in a way I did not care for.
Still switching between these and the LCD2 vegan.post #416 of 58610/9/13 at 11:30pmpost #417 of 58610/10/13 at 11:55pmpost #418 of 58610/11/13 at 2:16amQuote:
Edited by jibzilla - 6/3/14 at 4:07ampost #419 of 58610/11/13 at 9:13ampost #420 of 58611/8/13 at 8:54pm
On the Alpha pads website, they state that they fit on the HE400 and HE500, but I am struggling to find photos of them working - or heading success stories.
I haven't read this entire thread.
Has anyone had luck with this?
- Mission: Replace the HiFiMAN ear pads with other brand ear pads
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Headphone Impedance
- › New Millett Hybrid Maxed Amp 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread 5 minutes ago
- › WTB Abyss 1266 with broken/defective driver. 5 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM/SAGARIS SERIES - Newer Thread (JUST IMPRESSIONS... 5 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV 5 minutes ago
- › Techno, Electro & Underground Beats 6 minutes ago
- › Monoprice Monolith M1060 and M560 Planar Headphones 10 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones 10 minutes ago
- › Cowon Plenue 2 - Taking it a step further. 10 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers... 10 minutes ago
- › MEMT X5 In Ear Earphone by B9Scrambler
- › AKG K240 MKII Headphones by Napalmhardcore
- › ARCHEER 25W Bluetooth Home Speakers with Huge Bass and Superior... by B9Scrambler
- › 1MORE1008 Earbud by ryanjsoo
- › ORIVETI BASIC - Whole Aluminium Body, High Fidelity, Cable... by ustinj
- › Focal Utopia by Dillan
- › Shure SRH840 by Russell Folland
- › Seahf Metal Housing In-Ear Earbuds Headphones Noise Cancelling... by Byran
- › Fostex TH500RP by bagwell359
- › FLC Technology FLC 8S by Hisoundfi
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear