Has anyone found alternative pads for their Hifimans that they actually ended up sticking with?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K271 MKII's or Sennheiser HD25's? Last post on 1/10/12 at 10:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
- What headphones are best for me? Last post on 1/2/12 at 7:39pm in Headphones (full-size)
- New to full-size need advices Last post on 12/19/11 at 12:34pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K240 MKII vs K271 MKII Last post on 11/12/11 at 2:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Fittings on the HiFiMAN headphones - what are they called? Last post on 10/10/11 at 9:42am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
This is a very impressive can for less than 1000.00! If this was a 1300-1500.00 can, I wouldn't say it was overpriced. Especially given what some of the audeze and hd800 cost. Now I wouldn't say...
Hello Head-Fi It's been a while since I've participated here since I more or less found my end game and now I only have the urge to change my music player. Today I'll be writing about the AKG...
I bought these a year ago now and they are holding up great with my Vector Research amplifier. Bass is on 10 Mid on 6 and treble on 8. They sound fantastic and don't make any buzzing noises. I wear...
Here a short first impressions review of the AH-MM400. After unpacking I was truly amazed. The build-quality is far beyond anything I ever held in my hands with this price tag on it. If anybody...
My Setup Tested with my Dell XPS 8700 desktop going optical out to a Yamaha RX-V365 amp (1/4 inch headphone out). I played various files (FLAC, MP3, M4A) at different bit rates using...
Mission: Replace the HiFiMAN ear pads with other brand ear pads - Page 28post #406 of 4999/30/13 at 11:02pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #407 of 49910/1/13 at 6:02amThe LCD3 pads definitely tame the bass down, probably because of the distancing from the driver. It's more mid-forward and open sounding than velour pads, at the expense of bass. Therefore I would not really do it with HIFIMAN headphones unless maybe the HE500.post #408 of 49910/1/13 at 7:13amQuote:
It's definitely a smooth-sounding set of pads, but I didn't dig it too much with the HE500s.post #409 of 49910/1/13 at 9:55amQuote:
Aha, well they definitely sound even worse on the HE400/HE6 by default (not on my HE6 rig though ). That's why I said maybe better on the HE500, haven't tested it on that headphone myself.post #410 of 49910/1/13 at 10:08amQuote:
It's a shame I moved back to Toronto recently, otherwise we could easily sit down and try out different earpads (for instance, I'm really interested in hearing how the newest rendition of the Jergpads fare with HE6).post #411 of 49910/5/13 at 7:44pmpost #412 of 49910/5/13 at 11:20pmpost #413 of 49910/5/13 at 11:36pmpost #414 of 49910/6/13 at 12:51ampost #415 of 49910/6/13 at 2:32amQuote:Typo error. M. Lawton unless Mark's middle name is J.Originally Posted by jibzilla
I think you mean either jmoney or M.Lawton (Lawton pads). There is no j.lawton pads that I know of. I tried both of those pads but they sucked out the bass and were kinda too small. I believe 90mm where you looking for 103.
I found that the he-500 are kinda the opposite of most headphones where thickness and angle are concerned. The thicker the pad, the more aggressive the angle on a pad the more the bass seems to float away. L-3000's are 100mm and not as thick or angled as most of the pad options out there but supremely soft and way more comfy than the stock pleather and velour hifiman pads.
SQ wise not a whole lot of change from stock, which was for me a good thing. I put them up against stax 02, denon, Lawton, jmoney(denon), and audeze lcd-2 leather. To me the L-3000's were it. Also, if you had jmoney, was it jmoney beyer or denon? To me the denon variations are too small, work but barely and audeze too big, kept floating around. Stax was pretty darn good but even those messed with the sound in a way I did not care for.
Still switching between these and the LCD2 vegan.post #416 of 49910/9/13 at 11:30pmpost #417 of 49910/10/13 at 11:55pmpost #418 of 49910/11/13 at 2:16ampost #419 of 49910/11/13 at 9:13ampost #420 of 49911/8/13 at 8:54pm
On the Alpha pads website, they state that they fit on the HE400 and HE500, but I am struggling to find photos of them working - or heading success stories.
I haven't read this entire thread.
Has anyone had luck with this?
- Mission: Replace the HiFiMAN ear pads with other brand ear pads
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Headphone Impedance
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 35 seconds ago
- › 24bit vs 16bit, the myth exploded! 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman Focus Pads (non-A), used only for a few hours! 1 minute ago
- › Why most of the old recordings ae 24bit and the new are 16bit? 1 minute ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 2 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW first look at the Zero Audio DuoZA iems... 2 minutes ago
- › Need help to find my path - hd650/600 vs K7xx vs Fidelio x2 vs... 3 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 3 minutes ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 3 minutes ago
- › JH Audio Layla Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by moodyrn
- › AKG K551 Closed-Back Reference Class Headset with Mic (Black/Silver) by GL1TCH3D
- › JVC HAM55X High Quality Xtreme-Xplosvs Headphones by Thoft208
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by musikaladin
- › beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphones by rigodeni
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Zalithian
- › Sennheiser PX 95 Versatile On-Ear Headphones by inline79
- › Superlux HD-681 EVO Black Professional Monitor Headphones by serman005
- › ecp audio Black Diamond by Schopenhauer
- › FiiO E12 Mont Blanc by jamato8
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)