Has anyone found alternative pads for their Hifimans that they actually ended up sticking with?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K271 MKII's or Sennheiser HD25's? Last post on 1/10/12 at 10:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
- What headphones are best for me? Last post on 1/2/12 at 7:39pm in Headphones (full-size)
- New to full-size need advices Last post on 12/19/11 at 12:34pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K240 MKII vs K271 MKII Last post on 11/12/11 at 2:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Fittings on the HiFiMAN headphones - what are they called? Last post on 10/10/11 at 9:42am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I personally thought these were a lame purchase after i had bought 'em. About a week later i just left my apartment and left them shouting out opeth and other metal with the bass in 4/4 position...
Fiio X3 2nd generation preview Disclaimer: before jumping into the device itself, I have to talk a little bit about myself. I am still an amateur on the subject of sound quality, but I’ll...
They re absoultely amazing I srsly reccomend you buy them listening to songs with them are like hearing the artists in real life its honestly amazing!
As my wife will tell you, at just about every major audio show I attend I buy something (shocker right?). There’s something cool about looking at my pieces of gear and thinking about the show...
So i bought the DT 880 250 Ohm Pro model. I also have KEf m200 in ears, a pair of AKG k450. I owned Audio Technica m30, Sennheiser Momentum on ear and Beyerdynamic dt 770 80 Ohm. The difference is...
Mission: Replace the HiFiMAN ear pads with other brand ear pads - Page 28post #406 of 5219/30/13 at 11:02pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #407 of 52110/1/13 at 6:02amThe LCD3 pads definitely tame the bass down, probably because of the distancing from the driver. It's more mid-forward and open sounding than velour pads, at the expense of bass. Therefore I would not really do it with HIFIMAN headphones unless maybe the HE500.post #408 of 52110/1/13 at 7:13amQuote:
It's definitely a smooth-sounding set of pads, but I didn't dig it too much with the HE500s.post #409 of 52110/1/13 at 9:55amQuote:
Aha, well they definitely sound even worse on the HE400/HE6 by default (not on my HE6 rig though ). That's why I said maybe better on the HE500, haven't tested it on that headphone myself.post #410 of 52110/1/13 at 10:08amQuote:
It's a shame I moved back to Toronto recently, otherwise we could easily sit down and try out different earpads (for instance, I'm really interested in hearing how the newest rendition of the Jergpads fare with HE6).post #411 of 52110/5/13 at 7:44pmpost #412 of 52110/5/13 at 11:20pmpost #413 of 52110/5/13 at 11:36pmpost #414 of 52110/6/13 at 12:51ampost #415 of 52110/6/13 at 2:32amQuote:Typo error. M. Lawton unless Mark's middle name is J.Originally Posted by jibzilla
I think you mean either jmoney or M.Lawton (Lawton pads). There is no j.lawton pads that I know of. I tried both of those pads but they sucked out the bass and were kinda too small. I believe 90mm where you looking for 103.
I found that the he-500 are kinda the opposite of most headphones where thickness and angle are concerned. The thicker the pad, the more aggressive the angle on a pad the more the bass seems to float away. L-3000's are 100mm and not as thick or angled as most of the pad options out there but supremely soft and way more comfy than the stock pleather and velour hifiman pads.
SQ wise not a whole lot of change from stock, which was for me a good thing. I put them up against stax 02, denon, Lawton, jmoney(denon), and audeze lcd-2 leather. To me the L-3000's were it. Also, if you had jmoney, was it jmoney beyer or denon? To me the denon variations are too small, work but barely and audeze too big, kept floating around. Stax was pretty darn good but even those messed with the sound in a way I did not care for.
Still switching between these and the LCD2 vegan.post #416 of 52110/9/13 at 11:30pmpost #417 of 52110/10/13 at 11:55pmpost #418 of 52110/11/13 at 2:16ampost #419 of 52110/11/13 at 9:13ampost #420 of 52111/8/13 at 8:54pm
On the Alpha pads website, they state that they fit on the HE400 and HE500, but I am struggling to find photos of them working - or heading success stories.
I haven't read this entire thread.
Has anyone had luck with this?
- Mission: Replace the HiFiMAN ear pads with other brand ear pads
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Headphone Impedance
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 12 seconds ago
- › [ON EBAY] LNIB Clear Shure SE215 WITH 2-YEAR GUITAR CENTER PRO... 1 minute ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 1 minute ago
- › Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Portable AMP DAC for AKG K612 2 minutes ago
- › Budget amp for HD 598 and DT 880 Pro 3 minutes ago
- › Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO E17 "ALPEN" - First Impression + Final Thought 3 minutes ago
- › Dubstep Girl's Massive 5AR4/5R4/5U4G Rectifier Review/Comparison!... 5 minutes ago
- › *Official Schiit Magni/Modi 2 ( Uber ) Thread* 5 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro Black by 69Beyer
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by The Plaidypus
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by m1ku
- › Monster PowerBeats Sport Headphones by HeadPhones ON
- › ALO Audio - The New Rx by mscott58
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by bodopopa
- › Audiofly AF120 In-Ear Headphones by Woodhouse
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by hakushondaimao
- › Ray Samuels P-51 Mustang by Zennheiser
- › FiiO E17 by Zennheiser
- › Underpass: Solution to or Cause of Traffic...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)