Has anyone found alternative pads for their Hifimans that they actually ended up sticking with?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K271 MKII's or Sennheiser HD25's? Last post on 1/10/12 at 10:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
- What headphones are best for me? Last post on 1/2/12 at 7:39pm in Headphones (full-size)
- New to full-size need advices Last post on 12/19/11 at 12:34pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K240 MKII vs K271 MKII Last post on 11/12/11 at 2:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Fittings on the HiFiMAN headphones - what are they called? Last post on 10/10/11 at 9:42am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Review: Cleer BT Bluetooth Wireless Headphone Touch Panel Control activated Introduction It was a brisk day in a suburb of Chicago, Illinois. I attended AXPONA, which is...
The Z2016. A strange beast that did have some potential Introduction Zhiyin is a name that has recently caused quite a stir here on Head-Fi after releasing their flagship model the QT5. Some...
Big thanks to InEar and Musicteck for providing a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. Manufacturer website:...
I still have yet to give anything 5 stars. The SR-202, for me, is a solid option for alternatives to the HD700, if you can find them without breaking the bank. I will start with the things I...
Fidue A65 Thanks to tony from hifiheadphones for letting me be part of the UK tour. TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS Drivers: Custom 8mm dynamic driver with Titanium...
Mission: Replace the HiFiMAN ear pads with other brand ear pads - Page 28post #406 of 5529/30/13 at 11:02pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #407 of 55210/1/13 at 6:02amThe LCD3 pads definitely tame the bass down, probably because of the distancing from the driver. It's more mid-forward and open sounding than velour pads, at the expense of bass. Therefore I would not really do it with HIFIMAN headphones unless maybe the HE500.post #408 of 55210/1/13 at 7:13amQuote:
It's definitely a smooth-sounding set of pads, but I didn't dig it too much with the HE500s.post #409 of 55210/1/13 at 9:55amQuote:
Aha, well they definitely sound even worse on the HE400/HE6 by default (not on my HE6 rig though ). That's why I said maybe better on the HE500, haven't tested it on that headphone myself.post #410 of 55210/1/13 at 10:08amQuote:
It's a shame I moved back to Toronto recently, otherwise we could easily sit down and try out different earpads (for instance, I'm really interested in hearing how the newest rendition of the Jergpads fare with HE6).post #411 of 55210/5/13 at 7:44pmpost #412 of 55210/5/13 at 11:20pmpost #413 of 55210/5/13 at 11:36pmpost #414 of 55210/6/13 at 12:51ampost #415 of 55210/6/13 at 2:32amQuote:Typo error. M. Lawton unless Mark's middle name is J.Originally Posted by jibzilla
I think you mean either jmoney or M.Lawton (Lawton pads). There is no j.lawton pads that I know of. I tried both of those pads but they sucked out the bass and were kinda too small. I believe 90mm where you looking for 103.
I found that the he-500 are kinda the opposite of most headphones where thickness and angle are concerned. The thicker the pad, the more aggressive the angle on a pad the more the bass seems to float away. L-3000's are 100mm and not as thick or angled as most of the pad options out there but supremely soft and way more comfy than the stock pleather and velour hifiman pads.
SQ wise not a whole lot of change from stock, which was for me a good thing. I put them up against stax 02, denon, Lawton, jmoney(denon), and audeze lcd-2 leather. To me the L-3000's were it. Also, if you had jmoney, was it jmoney beyer or denon? To me the denon variations are too small, work but barely and audeze too big, kept floating around. Stax was pretty darn good but even those messed with the sound in a way I did not care for.
Still switching between these and the LCD2 vegan.post #416 of 55210/9/13 at 11:30pmpost #417 of 55210/10/13 at 11:55pmpost #418 of 55210/11/13 at 2:16amQuote:
Edited by jibzilla - 6/3/14 at 4:07ampost #419 of 55210/11/13 at 9:13ampost #420 of 55211/8/13 at 8:54pm
On the Alpha pads website, they state that they fit on the HE400 and HE500, but I am struggling to find photos of them working - or heading success stories.
I haven't read this entire thread.
Has anyone had luck with this?
- Mission: Replace the HiFiMAN ear pads with other brand ear pads
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Samsung S7 Edge - Is double amping really that bad? 2 minutes ago
- › Focal Elear and Utopia Launch (With Impressions) - Head-Fi TV 2 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread. 2 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 3 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH600 and Sony UDA-1 Semi-Fire sale 4 minutes ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 6 minutes ago
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 6 minutes ago
- › ifI iCan Pro - Upcoming Dedicated headphone amp release. 6 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 7 minutes ago
- › Cleer BT Bluetooth Wireless Headphone by moedawg140
- › ZhiYin Z2016 by crabdog
- › InEar StageDiver SD-4 (Small) by twister6
- › Stax SR-202 by snapacap
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by Deftone
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Zen V2 by Aornic
- › Sennheiser HD 558 by Midgetguy
- › Pai Audio MR4 by HiFiChris
- › Echobox Audio Finder X1 by Hisoundfi
- › Alpha & Delta D2 by Hisoundfi
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...