Has anyone found alternative pads for their Hifimans that they actually ended up sticking with?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K271 MKII's or Sennheiser HD25's? Last post on 1/10/12 at 10:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
- What headphones are best for me? Last post on 1/2/12 at 7:39pm in Headphones (full-size)
- New to full-size need advices Last post on 12/19/11 at 12:34pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K240 MKII vs K271 MKII Last post on 11/12/11 at 2:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Fittings on the HiFiMAN headphones - what are they called? Last post on 10/10/11 at 9:42am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Mission: Replace the HiFiMAN ear pads with other brand ear pads - Page 28post #406 of 4799/30/13 at 11:02pmpost #407 of 47910/1/13 at 6:02amThe LCD3 pads definitely tame the bass down, probably because of the distancing from the driver. It's more mid-forward and open sounding than velour pads, at the expense of bass. Therefore I would not really do it with HIFIMAN headphones unless maybe the HE500.post #408 of 47910/1/13 at 7:13amQuote:
It's definitely a smooth-sounding set of pads, but I didn't dig it too much with the HE500s.post #409 of 47910/1/13 at 9:55amQuote:
Aha, well they definitely sound even worse on the HE400/HE6 by default (not on my HE6 rig though ). That's why I said maybe better on the HE500, haven't tested it on that headphone myself.post #410 of 47910/1/13 at 10:08amQuote:
It's a shame I moved back to Toronto recently, otherwise we could easily sit down and try out different earpads (for instance, I'm really interested in hearing how the newest rendition of the Jergpads fare with HE6).post #411 of 47910/5/13 at 7:44pmpost #412 of 47910/5/13 at 11:20pmpost #413 of 47910/5/13 at 11:36pmpost #414 of 47910/6/13 at 12:51ampost #415 of 47910/6/13 at 2:32amQuote:Typo error. M. Lawton unless Mark's middle name is J.Originally Posted by jibzilla
I think you mean either jmoney or M.Lawton (Lawton pads). There is no j.lawton pads that I know of. I tried both of those pads but they sucked out the bass and were kinda too small. I believe 90mm where you looking for 103.
I found that the he-500 are kinda the opposite of most headphones where thickness and angle are concerned. The thicker the pad, the more aggressive the angle on a pad the more the bass seems to float away. L-3000's are 100mm and not as thick or angled as most of the pad options out there but supremely soft and way more comfy than the stock pleather and velour hifiman pads.
SQ wise not a whole lot of change from stock, which was for me a good thing. I put them up against stax 02, denon, Lawton, jmoney(denon), and audeze lcd-2 leather. To me the L-3000's were it. Also, if you had jmoney, was it jmoney beyer or denon? To me the denon variations are too small, work but barely and audeze too big, kept floating around. Stax was pretty darn good but even those messed with the sound in a way I did not care for.
Still switching between these and the LCD2 vegan.post #416 of 47910/9/13 at 11:30pmpost #417 of 47910/10/13 at 11:55pmpost #418 of 47910/11/13 at 2:16ampost #419 of 47910/11/13 at 9:13ampost #420 of 47911/8/13 at 8:54pm
On the Alpha pads website, they state that they fit on the HE400 and HE500, but I am struggling to find photos of them working - or heading success stories.
I haven't read this entire thread.
Has anyone had luck with this?
- Mission: Replace the HiFiMAN ear pads with other brand ear pads
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Need an answer quick please!! 29 seconds ago
- › Rockbox for iBasso DX90 dual boot with modded FW intl ver 2 (Latest... 43 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 50 seconds ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 1 minute ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 2 minutes ago
- › Grado e Series 3 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › HM-901 4 minutes ago
- › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! 5 minutes ago
- › Vision Ears VE6 xc opinions and feedback 5 minutes ago
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic by donniefalcone
- › PCM-M10 Portable Digital Recorder by THD plus N
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by JoeDoe
- › Superlux HD-668 B by donniefalcone
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by piksnz
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by SMLeaves
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by wolfjeanne
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)