What kind of glue did you use?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K271 MKII's or Sennheiser HD25's? Last post on 1/10/12 at 10:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
- What headphones are best for me? Last post on 1/2/12 at 7:39pm in Headphones (full-size)
- New to full-size need advices Last post on 12/19/11 at 12:34pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K240 MKII vs K271 MKII Last post on 11/12/11 at 2:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Fittings on the HiFiMAN headphones - what are they called? Last post on 10/10/11 at 9:42am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Using WASAPI, ASIO and onboard stock drivers yielded the exact same result. Same sound quality and same sound coloration. Unless you are suffering from serious EMI and static noise then these dont...
This is a review of TTPOD T1E dual dynamic driver in-ear headphones. http://penonaudio.com/TTPOD-T1E-Bass Here you go, another in-ear headphone gem for under $50! Though I was a bit skeptical...
My first quality IEM purchase was the Hifiman RE-400 when they first came out. I was used to low end Skullcandy sets at the time, and I really wanted to see what "reference sound" sounded like for...
This is going to be a short review, just letting you know in advance. I listen to mostly contemporary pop, classic rock, as well as a little classical. In my search for a good headphone to use for...
Disclaimer: This unit was part of a tour held by Justin at Headamp.com. As the second in the tour to hear these headphones, it likely was not properly burnt in. I thank Justin for giving me the...
Mission: Replace the HiFiMAN ear pads with other brand ear pads - Page 17post #241 of 4691/9/13 at 5:00pmpost #242 of 4691/9/13 at 5:22pmpost #243 of 4691/9/13 at 5:26pmpost #244 of 4691/9/13 at 5:40pm
I have just been in a discussion with Mr. J$. Apparently, there are still a few more pair of the BeyerDynamic leather pads left.
* No affiliation, just passing along some good information for the group here.post #245 of 4691/11/13 at 11:21amQuote:I paid just 120 gbp (around 193usd) for a 6ft black widow naked 22awg litz cable with high quality viablue 6.3mm connector..as far i know sleeving is without costs if u prefer that...and the sound of this cable is by far superior then the already excellent DHC molecule quicksilver copper cable i already used for a year and miles ahead of the silver cable and canare cables of hifiman i already had from my he300 and my he500. So if ur afraid of the costs..dont be..toxic cables also has other cables maybe even better suiting ur needs...check their thread here on headfi. By the way..i know norse audio makes very good cables also..but i have an idea they are more expensive then toxic cables..but u have to choose urself.Originally Posted by drez
I'm using a copper cable at the moment, 24awg rectangular section OCC copper. I find some cables can sound smoother, also new solder joints can sound smooth, but this cable sounds pretty similar in tonal balance to the stock cable and I consider both to be transparent in sound. I might try Toxic cables copper litz in the future as it is very durable and should be neutral, but it would depend how the cost compares to a cable from norse audio.post #246 of 4691/11/13 at 11:25amQuote:
Are those just the regular beyer foam disks?post #247 of 4691/11/13 at 11:29ampost #248 of 4691/11/13 at 11:35amQuote:
The ear hole is indeed smaller. I didn't give them a very thorough listen as the inner rim touching my ear was bugging me, so I couldn't say how they affected the soundstage.post #249 of 4691/11/13 at 12:56pm
No, those are some foams I scavenged from the back of ATH-M50 earpads.Quote:
The holes are smaller, but the soundstage is bigger, because the pads are thicker so the ears are farther from the drivers.post #250 of 4692/2/13 at 5:46am
As i have just got some HE-500s after first playing with amps i decided that pad testing was next. I only had the stock pleather and i had handy a pair of D2000 and HM5 (FA-003) pads. D2K pads were to dark and soundstage smaller. With the HM5 we get the treble back and also the soundstage with better bass.post #251 of 4692/2/13 at 6:14amQuote:Originally Posted by Swimsonny
As i have just got some HE-500s after first playing with amps i decided that pad testing was next. I only had the stock pleather and i had handy a pair of D2000 and HM5 (FA-003) pads. D2K pads were to dark and soundstage smaller. With the HM5 we get the treble back and also the soundstage with better bass.
The hm5 pads..were those the velours versions or the leather versions?post #252 of 4692/2/13 at 6:22ampost #253 of 4692/2/13 at 6:51ampost #254 of 4692/2/13 at 6:55am
they are nice! Better than stock pleather in comfort and sound and better than Denon in sound. however they do not beat denon comfort!post #255 of 4692/2/13 at 8:58amQuote:
Did u try the velours version of hm5 also..as i now use the velours pads of hifiman
- Mission: Replace the HiFiMAN ear pads with other brand ear pads
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Review of soundmagic es10 , es18 , creative ep600 , cowon ce1 , jbl... 4 seconds ago
- › Chord Hugo - The PORTABLE discussion thread 17 seconds ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 53 seconds ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 1 minute ago
- › Chord Hugo 1 minute ago
- › Bass friendly headphones for electronic music to compliment... 2 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 2 minutes ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 3 minutes ago
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 3 minutes ago
- › Project Ember Tube Rolling 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by wigglepuff
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by twister6
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by bhazard
- › AKG K712 Pro by achelgeson
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Barra
- › PHILIPS-HEADPHONES SHQ1200/28 SHQ1200/28 SPORTS IN EAR HEADPHONES by dieTasse
- › Beats by Dr. Dre Tour In-Ear Headphones by juston
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Tekfusion Twinwoofers by BillsonChang007
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)