What kind of glue did you use?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Best Rock/Female Vocals Closed Cans Last post on 3/22/11 at 4:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone Last post on Yesterday at 10:41 pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Which high-end for trance? Last post on 8/12/12 at 4:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Would I enjoy the Audeze-LCD-2/3? Last post on 2/28/13 at 10:16am in Headphones (full-size)
- HD800, T1 or LCD-2 on a small system Last post on 5/27/12 at 7:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/5/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I've spent the past week auditioning these new VSD1S by VSonic. Before this I was listening extensively to my dual dynamics JVC FXT90's and my dual armature UE 700. For a single dynamic driver that...
I started this review with the intention of pointing out the things I don't like about it, but man, there really isn't much I don't love about these. Out of the box they sound very thin and...
It does a good job as a DAC for my starving student amp. Eventually, I will probably upgrade but it works well enough. It is nice that it powers off of USB and doesn't take up tons of space.
The review is based on the stock pads, not based on the upgraded velour pads. The only problem with the sound quality is a weird color in the upper mids, around vocal range. This is due to the...
The 880s don't have a lot of color to themselves. They're light comfortable cans that get the job done. They are a well rounded headphone good for someone who can't quite figure out what kind of...
Mission: Replace the HiFiMAN ear pads with other brand ear pads - Page 17post #241 of 4341/9/13 at 5:00pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #242 of 4341/9/13 at 5:22pmpost #243 of 4341/9/13 at 5:26pmpost #244 of 4341/9/13 at 5:40pm
I have just been in a discussion with Mr. J$. Apparently, there are still a few more pair of the BeyerDynamic leather pads left.
* No affiliation, just passing along some good information for the group here.post #245 of 4341/11/13 at 11:21amQuote:I paid just 120 gbp (around 193usd) for a 6ft black widow naked 22awg litz cable with high quality viablue 6.3mm connector..as far i know sleeving is without costs if u prefer that...and the sound of this cable is by far superior then the already excellent DHC molecule quicksilver copper cable i already used for a year and miles ahead of the silver cable and canare cables of hifiman i already had from my he300 and my he500. So if ur afraid of the costs..dont be..toxic cables also has other cables maybe even better suiting ur needs...check their thread here on headfi. By the way..i know norse audio makes very good cables also..but i have an idea they are more expensive then toxic cables..but u have to choose urself.Originally Posted by drez
I'm using a copper cable at the moment, 24awg rectangular section OCC copper. I find some cables can sound smoother, also new solder joints can sound smooth, but this cable sounds pretty similar in tonal balance to the stock cable and I consider both to be transparent in sound. I might try Toxic cables copper litz in the future as it is very durable and should be neutral, but it would depend how the cost compares to a cable from norse audio.post #246 of 4341/11/13 at 11:25amQuote:
Are those just the regular beyer foam disks?post #247 of 4341/11/13 at 11:29ampost #248 of 4341/11/13 at 11:35amQuote:
The ear hole is indeed smaller. I didn't give them a very thorough listen as the inner rim touching my ear was bugging me, so I couldn't say how they affected the soundstage.post #249 of 4341/11/13 at 12:56pm
No, those are some foams I scavenged from the back of ATH-M50 earpads.Quote:
The holes are smaller, but the soundstage is bigger, because the pads are thicker so the ears are farther from the drivers.post #250 of 4342/2/13 at 5:46am
As i have just got some HE-500s after first playing with amps i decided that pad testing was next. I only had the stock pleather and i had handy a pair of D2000 and HM5 (FA-003) pads. D2K pads were to dark and soundstage smaller. With the HM5 we get the treble back and also the soundstage with better bass.post #251 of 4342/2/13 at 6:14amQuote:Originally Posted by Swimsonny
As i have just got some HE-500s after first playing with amps i decided that pad testing was next. I only had the stock pleather and i had handy a pair of D2000 and HM5 (FA-003) pads. D2K pads were to dark and soundstage smaller. With the HM5 we get the treble back and also the soundstage with better bass.
The hm5 pads..were those the velours versions or the leather versions?post #252 of 4342/2/13 at 6:22ampost #253 of 4342/2/13 at 6:51ampost #254 of 4342/2/13 at 6:55am
they are nice! Better than stock pleather in comfort and sound and better than Denon in sound. however they do not beat denon comfort!post #255 of 4342/2/13 at 8:58amQuote:
Did u try the velours version of hm5 also..as i now use the velours pads of hifiman
- Mission: Replace the HiFiMAN ear pads with other brand ear pads
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › $350CAD HERUS: Asynchronous USB Audio 2.0, 24bit 352.8Ks/S, DXD and... 35 seconds ago
- › Rate The Last Movie You Watched 38 seconds ago
- › Speaker amps for headphones 1 minute ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 1 minute ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 2 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest Dragonfly Review : Affordable, Outstanding, Tiny DAC / Amp 2 minutes ago
- › HE-500, LCD2, D5000, DT770, SR80, on a speaker amp (Emotiva mini-X... 3 minutes ago
- › USB to Dual XLR (Rokit 8) 4 minutes ago
- › The Nameless Guide To PC Gaming Audio (with binaural headphone... 4 minutes ago
- › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Parts/Overclocking) 6 minutes ago
- › VSONIC VSD1S by IEMagnet01
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by eightbitpotion
- › NuForce Icon uDAC-2 (Black) USB DAC (24bit/96kHz) and Headphone... by jshaffe
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by jshaffe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by jshaffe
- › MartinLogan Mikros 90 Reference On-Ear Headphones, Black by pataburd
- › Logitech UE 6000 by Trunks159
- › MEElectronics SP51-BK Sound Preference In-Ear Headphone with Sound... by Benik3
- › Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEW by JGrignon
- › Shure SE215 Black by starlan
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi