What kind of glue did you use?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K271 MKII's or Sennheiser HD25's? Last post on 1/10/12 at 10:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
- What headphones are best for me? Last post on 1/2/12 at 7:39pm in Headphones (full-size)
- New to full-size need advices Last post on 12/19/11 at 12:34pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K240 MKII vs K271 MKII Last post on 11/12/11 at 2:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Fittings on the HiFiMAN headphones - what are they called? Last post on 10/10/11 at 9:42am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
At the time of the review, the Audioquest Nighthawk headphone was on sale at TTJV Audio’s website. Here is a link to Todd’s listing of the...
REVIEW FOR THE APOGEE GROOVE ABOUT ME Let me introduce myself my name is Adam I am a 38 years old, I have been into audio equipment since I was in highschool. I don’t consider myself an...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION I’ve been lucky on my Head-Fi journey to meet and converse with some wonderful people who...
I tried these from a shop, they did look very nice when first spotted. I wanted some nice speakers to use with my laptop, and that could be transported if I was going away for some time. The...
A company whose products give me endless enjoyment, they fulfill every need I personally look for in audio...
Mission: Replace the HiFiMAN ear pads with other brand ear pads - Page 17post #241 of 5291/9/13 at 5:00pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #242 of 5291/9/13 at 5:22pmpost #243 of 5291/9/13 at 5:26pmpost #244 of 5291/9/13 at 5:40pm
I have just been in a discussion with Mr. J$. Apparently, there are still a few more pair of the BeyerDynamic leather pads left.
* No affiliation, just passing along some good information for the group here.post #245 of 5291/11/13 at 11:21amQuote:I paid just 120 gbp (around 193usd) for a 6ft black widow naked 22awg litz cable with high quality viablue 6.3mm connector..as far i know sleeving is without costs if u prefer that...and the sound of this cable is by far superior then the already excellent DHC molecule quicksilver copper cable i already used for a year and miles ahead of the silver cable and canare cables of hifiman i already had from my he300 and my he500. So if ur afraid of the costs..dont be..toxic cables also has other cables maybe even better suiting ur needs...check their thread here on headfi. By the way..i know norse audio makes very good cables also..but i have an idea they are more expensive then toxic cables..but u have to choose urself.Originally Posted by drez
I'm using a copper cable at the moment, 24awg rectangular section OCC copper. I find some cables can sound smoother, also new solder joints can sound smooth, but this cable sounds pretty similar in tonal balance to the stock cable and I consider both to be transparent in sound. I might try Toxic cables copper litz in the future as it is very durable and should be neutral, but it would depend how the cost compares to a cable from norse audio.post #246 of 5291/11/13 at 11:25amQuote:
Are those just the regular beyer foam disks?post #247 of 5291/11/13 at 11:29ampost #248 of 5291/11/13 at 11:35amQuote:
The ear hole is indeed smaller. I didn't give them a very thorough listen as the inner rim touching my ear was bugging me, so I couldn't say how they affected the soundstage.post #249 of 5291/11/13 at 12:56pm
No, those are some foams I scavenged from the back of ATH-M50 earpads.Quote:
The holes are smaller, but the soundstage is bigger, because the pads are thicker so the ears are farther from the drivers.post #250 of 5292/2/13 at 5:46am
As i have just got some HE-500s after first playing with amps i decided that pad testing was next. I only had the stock pleather and i had handy a pair of D2000 and HM5 (FA-003) pads. D2K pads were to dark and soundstage smaller. With the HM5 we get the treble back and also the soundstage with better bass.post #251 of 5292/2/13 at 6:14amQuote:Originally Posted by Swimsonny
As i have just got some HE-500s after first playing with amps i decided that pad testing was next. I only had the stock pleather and i had handy a pair of D2000 and HM5 (FA-003) pads. D2K pads were to dark and soundstage smaller. With the HM5 we get the treble back and also the soundstage with better bass.
The hm5 pads..were those the velours versions or the leather versions?post #252 of 5292/2/13 at 6:22ampost #253 of 5292/2/13 at 6:51ampost #254 of 5292/2/13 at 6:55am
they are nice! Better than stock pleather in comfort and sound and better than Denon in sound. however they do not beat denon comfort!post #255 of 5292/2/13 at 8:58amQuote:
Did u try the velours version of hm5 also..as i now use the velours pads of hifiman
- Mission: Replace the HiFiMAN ear pads with other brand ear pads
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › A Bit of Music and a Bit of Fun 1 minute ago
- › BEST TIPS FOR IEMS ARE??? 1 minute ago
- › What is resolution and how is it measured? 2 minutes ago
- › CK Presents: SoundMAGIC PL-50 Review (with comparsions to Apple... 2 minutes ago
- › Beresford Capella Impressions & Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 5 minutes ago
- › B&O Beoplay H2 Portable 6 minutes ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 7 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic T90 :D 7 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by Hisoundfi
- › Apogee GROOVE Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier for Mac and PC by acain
- › Noble Audio Savant by Brooko
- › Bose® Computer MusicMonitor® -- Silver by labrat
- › Harman Kardon AE1 In Ear Headphones by Army-Firedawg
- › RHA T20 by dweaver
- › Bluetooth receiver dual amplifier class1 NFC (black) [Japan Import] by peter123
- › FiiO E12 Mont Blanc by Mediahound
- › CEntrance HiFi-M8 by Mediahound
- › Bose QuietComfort 25 Headphones by Mediahound
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3