What kind of glue did you use?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K271 MKII's or Sennheiser HD25's? Last post on 1/10/12 at 10:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
- What headphones are best for me? Last post on 1/2/12 at 7:39pm in Headphones (full-size)
- New to full-size need advices Last post on 12/19/11 at 12:34pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K240 MKII vs K271 MKII Last post on 11/12/11 at 2:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Fittings on the HiFiMAN headphones - what are they called? Last post on 10/10/11 at 9:42am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
If you want a natural sound with realistic vocals and soundstage, tight bass, sparkling highs without being fatigued, and a headphone who can reveal the true quality of the recorded music, and...
you know the original price of this one, a rock solid $100. can you feel it ? yees, there's a bad review is coming... let's take a look at what brainwavz says for it's own product, one thing comes...
FOREWARD: as a relatively new user to head-fi, i dont expect many of you to take my review seriously. however, although i'm new to POSTING on this site, i've been an audiophile and a lurker of this...
Color! Because I feel in the mood for it. No, not really, this is just for the comparison. So, Red, & Green? Red - Not For Me. Green - Solid, & something I personally like. Comparison is...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank LH Labs for providing me with a review sample of GeekOut in exchange for my honest opinion. I thought I was done with my round of portable USB...
Mission: Replace the HiFiMAN ear pads with other brand ear pads - Page 17post #241 of 5051/9/13 at 5:00pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #242 of 5051/9/13 at 5:22pmpost #243 of 5051/9/13 at 5:26pmpost #244 of 5051/9/13 at 5:40pm
I have just been in a discussion with Mr. J$. Apparently, there are still a few more pair of the BeyerDynamic leather pads left.
* No affiliation, just passing along some good information for the group here.post #245 of 5051/11/13 at 11:21amQuote:I paid just 120 gbp (around 193usd) for a 6ft black widow naked 22awg litz cable with high quality viablue 6.3mm connector..as far i know sleeving is without costs if u prefer that...and the sound of this cable is by far superior then the already excellent DHC molecule quicksilver copper cable i already used for a year and miles ahead of the silver cable and canare cables of hifiman i already had from my he300 and my he500. So if ur afraid of the costs..dont be..toxic cables also has other cables maybe even better suiting ur needs...check their thread here on headfi. By the way..i know norse audio makes very good cables also..but i have an idea they are more expensive then toxic cables..but u have to choose urself.Originally Posted by drez
I'm using a copper cable at the moment, 24awg rectangular section OCC copper. I find some cables can sound smoother, also new solder joints can sound smooth, but this cable sounds pretty similar in tonal balance to the stock cable and I consider both to be transparent in sound. I might try Toxic cables copper litz in the future as it is very durable and should be neutral, but it would depend how the cost compares to a cable from norse audio.post #246 of 5051/11/13 at 11:25amQuote:
Are those just the regular beyer foam disks?post #247 of 5051/11/13 at 11:29ampost #248 of 5051/11/13 at 11:35amQuote:
The ear hole is indeed smaller. I didn't give them a very thorough listen as the inner rim touching my ear was bugging me, so I couldn't say how they affected the soundstage.post #249 of 5051/11/13 at 12:56pm
No, those are some foams I scavenged from the back of ATH-M50 earpads.Quote:
The holes are smaller, but the soundstage is bigger, because the pads are thicker so the ears are farther from the drivers.post #250 of 5052/2/13 at 5:46am
As i have just got some HE-500s after first playing with amps i decided that pad testing was next. I only had the stock pleather and i had handy a pair of D2000 and HM5 (FA-003) pads. D2K pads were to dark and soundstage smaller. With the HM5 we get the treble back and also the soundstage with better bass.post #251 of 5052/2/13 at 6:14amQuote:Originally Posted by Swimsonny
As i have just got some HE-500s after first playing with amps i decided that pad testing was next. I only had the stock pleather and i had handy a pair of D2000 and HM5 (FA-003) pads. D2K pads were to dark and soundstage smaller. With the HM5 we get the treble back and also the soundstage with better bass.
The hm5 pads..were those the velours versions or the leather versions?post #252 of 5052/2/13 at 6:22ampost #253 of 5052/2/13 at 6:51ampost #254 of 5052/2/13 at 6:55am
they are nice! Better than stock pleather in comfort and sound and better than Denon in sound. however they do not beat denon comfort!post #255 of 5052/2/13 at 8:58amQuote:
Did u try the velours version of hm5 also..as i now use the velours pads of hifiman
- Mission: Replace the HiFiMAN ear pads with other brand ear pads
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Headphone Impedance
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › UK 2015 Head-Fi Meet (Cambridge - Saturday 25th April) 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless! 2 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › Sony Xperia Z3 Audio Quality 5 minutes ago
- › 6922 Tube Review - 17 Top 6922 6N23P E88CC CCa 7308 E188CC tubes 5 minutes ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 5 minutes ago
- › AKG K 702 Headphones by ExCelciuS
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by vaziyetu
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by xsk3l3t0rx
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM02 balanced amature inner earphone by ahnvx
- › Geek Out 450 USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier by twister6
- › Beyerdynamic T90 Premium Stereo Headphone by motion2082
- › COWON J3 32 GB Portable Media Player (Black) by viperxp
- › Audio-Technica AIR Dynamic Headphones ATH-AD900X by kite7
- › Audio-Technica ATH-AD700X Audiophile Open-Air Headphones by TheJniac
- › AKG K 550 by ahnvx
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2