What kind of glue did you use?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K271 MKII's or Sennheiser HD25's? Last post on 1/10/12 at 10:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
- What headphones are best for me? Last post on 1/2/12 at 7:39pm in Headphones (full-size)
- New to full-size need advices Last post on 12/19/11 at 12:34pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K240 MKII vs K271 MKII Last post on 11/12/11 at 2:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Fittings on the HiFiMAN headphones - what are they called? Last post on 10/10/11 at 9:42am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Mission: Replace the HiFiMAN ear pads with other brand ear pads - Page 17post #241 of 5521/9/13 at 5:00pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #242 of 5521/9/13 at 5:22pmpost #243 of 5521/9/13 at 5:26pmpost #244 of 5521/9/13 at 5:40pm
I have just been in a discussion with Mr. J$. Apparently, there are still a few more pair of the BeyerDynamic leather pads left.
* No affiliation, just passing along some good information for the group here.post #245 of 5521/11/13 at 11:21amQuote:I paid just 120 gbp (around 193usd) for a 6ft black widow naked 22awg litz cable with high quality viablue 6.3mm connector..as far i know sleeving is without costs if u prefer that...and the sound of this cable is by far superior then the already excellent DHC molecule quicksilver copper cable i already used for a year and miles ahead of the silver cable and canare cables of hifiman i already had from my he300 and my he500. So if ur afraid of the costs..dont be..toxic cables also has other cables maybe even better suiting ur needs...check their thread here on headfi. By the way..i know norse audio makes very good cables also..but i have an idea they are more expensive then toxic cables..but u have to choose urself.Originally Posted by drez
I'm using a copper cable at the moment, 24awg rectangular section OCC copper. I find some cables can sound smoother, also new solder joints can sound smooth, but this cable sounds pretty similar in tonal balance to the stock cable and I consider both to be transparent in sound. I might try Toxic cables copper litz in the future as it is very durable and should be neutral, but it would depend how the cost compares to a cable from norse audio.post #246 of 5521/11/13 at 11:25amQuote:
Are those just the regular beyer foam disks?post #247 of 5521/11/13 at 11:29ampost #248 of 5521/11/13 at 11:35amQuote:
The ear hole is indeed smaller. I didn't give them a very thorough listen as the inner rim touching my ear was bugging me, so I couldn't say how they affected the soundstage.post #249 of 5521/11/13 at 12:56pm
No, those are some foams I scavenged from the back of ATH-M50 earpads.Quote:
The holes are smaller, but the soundstage is bigger, because the pads are thicker so the ears are farther from the drivers.post #250 of 5522/2/13 at 5:46am
As i have just got some HE-500s after first playing with amps i decided that pad testing was next. I only had the stock pleather and i had handy a pair of D2000 and HM5 (FA-003) pads. D2K pads were to dark and soundstage smaller. With the HM5 we get the treble back and also the soundstage with better bass.post #251 of 5522/2/13 at 6:14amQuote:Originally Posted by Swimsonny
As i have just got some HE-500s after first playing with amps i decided that pad testing was next. I only had the stock pleather and i had handy a pair of D2000 and HM5 (FA-003) pads. D2K pads were to dark and soundstage smaller. With the HM5 we get the treble back and also the soundstage with better bass.
The hm5 pads..were those the velours versions or the leather versions?post #252 of 5522/2/13 at 6:22ampost #253 of 5522/2/13 at 6:51ampost #254 of 5522/2/13 at 6:55am
they are nice! Better than stock pleather in comfort and sound and better than Denon in sound. however they do not beat denon comfort!post #255 of 5522/2/13 at 8:58amQuote:
Did u try the velours version of hm5 also..as i now use the velours pads of hifiman
- Mission: Replace the HiFiMAN ear pads with other brand ear pads
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 7 seconds ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread. 43 seconds ago
- › New from Garage1217, the solid-state Project Polaris! 2 minutes ago
- › 👍DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, AK380, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1,... 2 minutes ago
- › The foobar2000 help thread. Got problems or questions? Ask here! 3 minutes ago
- › Little Dot I+ Tube Rolling 6 minutes ago
- › Arcam rHead Class-A Analogue Headphone Amp - July 2016 7 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-M50 vs Sennheiser HD 429s vs Sennheiser HD 335s... 10 minutes ago
- › Rate the video games you're currently playing 10 minutes ago
- › Bose QC35 Wireless Noise-Cancelling Headphones 12 minutes ago
- › ONKYO sealed wireless headphone Bluetooth-enabled / NFC support /... by Sonic Defender
- › AudioQuest DragonFly Red USB DAC, Preamp, Headphone Amp by selfdude
- › Sparkos Labs SS3601 Discrete Op-Amps by Yethal
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by selfdude
- › Cascadia Audio Talos by keanex
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player by Nymphonomaniac
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by fjhuerta
- › Cleer BT Bluetooth Wireless Headphone by moedawg140
- › ZhiYin Z2016 by crabdog
- › InEar StageDiver SD-4 (Small) by twister6
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...