A few things you might need to know beforehand.
1. I listen to Metal, Hip-Hop, and Dubstep most often. I occasionally listen to Jazz, Alternative Rock, and Electronica.
2. The headphones I need help finding will only be used to listen to music while gaming, but I'm not playing FPS games, so the soundstage/positional audio isn't a top priority.
3. All my music is in FLAC format ripped straight from CD's or Vinyl.
4. I have a Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD sound card, but I may be getting an external DAC/Amp in the near future.
I have a set of Sennheiser HD428's that I want to replace, the following have been recommend to me by friends/people on forums. They are arranged by price, from lowest to highest.
1. "Monoprice MEP-839" / "Kicker HP541" for $24.67 shipped.
2. "Superlux HD-681F" for $45 shipped.
3. "Superlux HD-668B" for $50 shipped.
4. "Superlux HD-669" for $55 shipped.
5. "Sennheiser HD555" for $60 shipped.
I am leaning towards the HD-668B's because they were recommended the most, but I've heard good things about the HD555's from Sennheiser, what should I do?