Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Vsonic GR07: Perfection (Added MKII vs Bass Edition 24/03)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Vsonic GR07: Perfection (Added MKII vs Bass Edition 24/03) - Page 3

post #31 of 260

I agree with this thread. The GR07 is the best universal I've ever heard from a pure enjoyment standpoint (with the Sony 7550, W4 and FI-BA-SS so close that's it's virtually a four-way tie.............but the GR07 just has that magic umph that pushes it out to the forefront for my ears).

post #32 of 260
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp10 View Post

I agree with this thread. The GR07 is the best universal I've ever heard from a pure enjoyment standpoint (with the Sony 7550, W4 and FI-BA-SS so close that's it's virtually a four-way tie.............but the GR07 just has that magic umph that pushes it out to the forefront for my ears).



And cheers to you for your posts about it that led be to buy one

post #33 of 260

beerchug.gif
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by eke2k6 View Post





And cheers to you for your posts about it that led be to buy one



 

post #34 of 260
Thread Starter 

 

EDIT after 200 hours...

 

The GR07 amazes me with its ability to keep growing. I'm over 200hrs of use/burn in, and it's sounding better than ever. I highly recommend this IEM to ANYBODY who wants absolute top tier universal performance at a ridiculously low price

post #35 of 260


I concur...It just keeps getting better!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eke2k6 View Post

 

EDIT after 200 hours...

 

The GR07 amazes me with its ability to keep growing. I'm over 200hrs of use/burn in, and it's sounding better than ever. I highly recommend this IEM to ANYBODY who wants absolute top tier universal performance at a ridiculously low price



 

post #36 of 260
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwinter View Post

 

     Quote:

x3



x4 but it does need the right tip for that to be the case...so far.

 

post #37 of 260
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodvibes View Post

x4 but it does need the right tip for that to be the case...so far.

 



True

post #38 of 260
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp10 View Post

I agree with this thread. The GR07 is the best universal I've ever heard from a pure enjoyment standpoint (with the Sony 7550, W4 and FI-BA-SS so close that's it's virtually a four-way tie.............but the GR07 just has that magic umph that pushes it out to the forefront for my ears).



We need to get together so you can hear the GR10s. Can't say how this will end until the GR07s settle out but I think you'd like them even though they're not quite as weighty. Doesn't mean the GR07 isn't right there for best deal going with the right tips. Folks that like it a bit more anaytical may still go for Phonaks or DBAs/B2. For me, the B2 while possibly the most detailed was just too hot when it had it. I actually prefer gray Phonaks but if that's not weighty enough, it's GR07s. There are tips that tame them without shutting them down. I just wish they came with them. I really appreciate manufacturers that finish their products and eliminate the tip crap shoot. (Phonak)

post #39 of 260
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp10 View Post

I concur...It just keeps getting better!!

 



And to think shotgunshane and Inks almost got me to spend an extra $150 that I don't have when I'm already in love >_<....cursed upgraditis 

post #40 of 260
Quote:
Originally Posted by eke2k6 View Post

And to think shotgunshane and Inks almost got me to spend an extra $150 that I don't have when I'm already in love >_<....cursed upgraditis 


Don't mind me, I'm just enjoying the FXT90's (and the GR07's).  No arm twisting here!

post #41 of 260
Thread Starter 

The fact that you're enjoying them qualifies as arm twisting in my book wink.gif

 

Seriously though...you should let me have a listen

post #42 of 260
I've been under the impression that the treble spike in the 7.5kHz range has more to do with ear canal resonance than a flaw with IEMs. To be sure, every single IEM I have has that spike, though it moves around +-500Hz depending on IEM and tip. The GR07 doesn't seem any better - or any worse - in that regard than my other IEMs.

(I would go so far as to say that any IEM which tries to correct that is deeply flawed, because such a correction is as likely to kill frequencies you don't want killed.)

I find that equalizing that out of my perceptive hearing is essential for my enjoyment of any of my IEMs.

A quick note about EQu ... if you make sure you don't have a ton of apps running in the background, it tends to not stutter. An exception is when you shift other apps to the foreground - that can cause a stutter. and a sure fire way to avoid the problem of EQu not honouring the in line controls well is to get an amp and a LOD cable. biggrin.gif
post #43 of 260

Cable..  is..  so crap...

post #44 of 260

Can you expand? on the cable...not specifically on crap
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilzc View Post

Cable..  is..  so crap...



 

post #45 of 260

The cable is solid,surely not crap. Having used many IEMs, I'll say the GR07 has a pretty solid cable. Not great or outstanding but definitely not crap. It's kind of stiff, but it's thick and not flimsy and not prone to hardening. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Vsonic GR07: Perfection (Added MKII vs Bass Edition 24/03)