Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Vsonic GR07: Perfection (Added MKII vs Bass Edition 24/03)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Vsonic GR07: Perfection (Added MKII vs Bass Edition 24/03) - Page 11

post #151 of 237
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronaldo7messi10 View Post

Hello again eke. Would you kindly suggest where to buy the FX700 online? My safest bet is Amazon, but was just wondering if you would know any other sites. Thank you so much.

 

I'd personally go with Amazon. There are too many fakes out there

post #152 of 237
Quote:
Originally Posted by eke2k6 View Post

 

I'd personally go with Amazon. There are too many fakes out there

Thank you so much.

post #153 of 237
Thread Starter 

^ I really can't believe I said that...redface.gif

post #154 of 237

Would anyone say the GR07 Mk. II would be an upgrade from the Monster Turbine Coppers? The only other headphone which seems to share it's signature would be the Sennheiser IE8 but with a little less bass emphasis and a more smooth laid-back sound. The Coppers were great quality but not great value like the GR07's and I was wondering if the change in sound signature would be worth paying only 179 dollars for. Thanks

post #155 of 237
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audiophile1811 View Post

Would anyone say the GR07 Mk. II would be an upgrade from the Monster Turbine Coppers? The only other headphone which seems to share it's signature would be the Sennheiser IE8 but with a little less bass emphasis and a more smooth laid-back sound. The Coppers were great quality but not great value like the GR07's and I was wondering if the change in sound signature would be worth paying only 179 dollars for. Thanks

 

Sorry, I haven't heard the Coppers. A member (dweaver) had them a while back and compared them to his GR07. You may want to ask him, but it's been a while since he heard the former.

post #156 of 237

I would still take a se530 over them but only with olives. Better low level detail and more refined highs with those tips.

post #157 of 237

I know this is an old thread, but I just got my GR07's from a member for $120 and couldn't be happier. Still trying to decide on the perfect tip but coming from a pair of Sennheiser CX-500's (which I enjoyed) to these was a nice upgrade, Hope they hold up for a long time.

post #158 of 237
Thread Starter 

Vsonic GR07 MKII vs Vsonic GR07 Bass Edition

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Tracks used:

 

1) Gotham's Reckoning - The Dark Knight Rises OST

 

 

 

The BE simply sounds EPIC on this track. The low end weight is reminiscent of the main villain in the movie. It's strong, yet fast and articulate. The great thing here is that the atmosphere of the song does not suffer at all  compared to the MKII. The main difference here is in the starkness of the detail. They both have similar amounts of detail, but the BE's bass quantity tends to soften the immediacy of the presentation. This also lends to a smoother top end. 

 

One important thing here is that the MKII has "enough" bass to carry the song. The BE just has that extra oomph to put it over the top for those who want more. 

 

 

 

2) Oakland UFO - The Flashbulb

 

 

 

Again, the BE sounds more euphonic here due to the bigger bass and warmer presentation. Despite the MKII having slightly more clarity, I prefer the BE for the way it adds extra fullness to the snare and synth sounds. 

 

 

 

3) Little Lion Man - Mumford and Sons

 

 

 

 

This particular track isn't the most well mastered track, so the extra bass of the BE sounds a bit out of place here. I also preferred the MKII's slight boost in clarity, as it was useful in making out some of the more hidden details.

 

 

Overall winner: Tie.

 

The Bass Edition is exactly what the name implies, a GR07 with a boosted low end. The side effect of this is a warmer, more euphonic presentation that may or may not be to your liking. In the course of my listening, I found the BE would work better for some tracks, while the MKII would work well for others. It's really up to you to determine the kind of presentation you want.


Edited by eke2k6 - 3/24/13 at 4:14pm
post #159 of 237

Hey guys, I'm trying to decide on a new pair of iems and I think I've decided on either the gr07 mk2s or the BEs. Even after reading the above comparison I'm not quite sure. I listen to pretty good range of genres but most of them are related to rock in some way, not aot of electronica and basically no hiphop. My favorite genre is Progressive rock, yes, genesis, King Crimson etc. It looks like the mk2s should be for me it's hard for me to judge because they seem really nice.

 

 

Also, I read somewhere on headfi that Vsonic where releasing a third version of the regular gr07s and that it would happen this month. I can't find any info about that online, do you guys know anything about it?

post #160 of 237
I think your reffering to the mr07 which is supposed to be the high end version of the gr07.
post #161 of 237

I personally think you would benefit with the BE more. Reason being is the bass, kick drums and bass guitar are the glue of prog rock and it bring that genre to life. I'm worried the gr07 may be too shrill for the awesome guitars and synths.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizkas View Post

Hey guys, I'm trying to decide on a new pair of iems and I think I've decided on either the gr07 mk2s or the BEs. Even after reading the above comparison I'm not quite sure. I listen to pretty good range of genres but most of them are related to rock in some way, not aot of electronica and basically no hiphop. My favorite genre is Progressive rock, yes, genesis, King Crimson etc. It looks like the mk2s should be for me it's hard for me to judge because they seem really nice.

 

 

Also, I read somewhere on headfi that Vsonic where releasing a third version of the regular gr07s and that it would happen this month. I can't find any info about that online, do you guys know anything about it?

post #162 of 237

TDK BA200 or GR07 BEs?

 

in my country BA200 and GR07 be only have $6 differences


Edited by needbassndetail - 4/10/13 at 2:30am
post #163 of 237
Gr07 BE is a must have unique iem smily_headphones1.gif
post #164 of 237
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by needbassndetail View Post

TDK BA200 or GR07 BEs?

 

in my country BA200 and GR07 be only have $6 differences

 

I haven't heard the BA200, sorry.

post #165 of 237
 
 
 

eke2k6:

I went to pick these up from Amazon today only to discover the seller I wanted to purchase them no longer offered them. Then I found them for $161 w/ prime here: http://www.amazon.com/Vsonic-GR07-Black/dp/B005UNNRX4

 

Of course I ordered next day for $3.99 more, so an even better deal than the previous $179 + 9 shipping I was going to pay. Anyway, I was wondering if you could compare the GR07's to any of these:

 

1. 325is - up front, in your face, delicious mids, got me moving

2. Q701 - get lost in the sound stage and instrument separation

3. A900X - my lan party headphone

4. DT880 (250/600) - get lost in the details, especially in the lows

5. HD580 - BORING

 

I ranked them in order of my favs.

 

I'm pretty sure you posted in another thread how the TF10's lack of mids gave you a :( too, so thanks for that!

 

Edit: I have a pair of Klipsch S4's and they sound incredibly congested to these ears. I also enjoyed a pair of Ety ER6i's for their clarity til they broke.

 

Edit2: ALMOST FORGOT! I LOVED the mids on the RE0, but they hurt my ears...bad. Lacked low end, but wow, the mids were engaging.

 

Edited by Jodiuh - 5/7/13 at 11:48pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Vsonic GR07: Perfection (Added MKII vs Bass Edition 24/03)