LOL...I couldn't care less what color the cable is really.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio-Technica ATH-CK10 Portable In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 9/20/11
- productEarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEMtagged by System, 9/20/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 9/20/11
- productJVC/Victor FX700tagged by System, 3/7/13
- productSony MDR EX1000tagged by System, 9/20/11
- productSony MDR EX600tagged by System, 9/20/11
- productVSONIC GR07tagged by System, 9/27/11
- productVSONIC GR07 Bass Editontagged by System, 3/7/13
- productVSONIC GR07 MKIItagged by System, 3/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser IE80s vs. Utimate Ears UE900? Last post on 10/7/12 at 7:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Vsonic GR-07 = WOW Last post on 12/11/12 at 9:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Upgrade from GR07 Last post on 8/12/11 at 11:47pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- RE262 VS CK10 VS GR07 VS DBA-02 VS TF10 VS FX700 which has more of a soul??? Last post on 5/6/13 at 9:43pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for Dynamic Driver IEM ( Sony EX1000, EX600, Vsonic GR07, et ) Last post on 8/26/12 at 2:39pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
In an age where (multi-driver) hybrids are all the rage, the G3 is a single dynamic from a maker known for well-regarded, modestly-price earbuds. I bought these after reading the frenetic praise...
Accutone is a company that specializes in hands-free communications solutions but they've taken their experience and expertise and used it to create a series of consumer earphones. From their...
IntroductionWhen I first reviewed Schiit Audio's original Modi/Vali stack many moons ago, I walked away very impressed to say the least. Not only was it a cost effective solution for the budding...
1. Introduction The Prophile-8, a 8 balanced armature in-ear monitor, is the new flagship from well-established German brand In-ear. So far the brand had an offering going from 2 to 4 driver...
Video Review It's not unusual to find a headphone or IEM manufacturer to branch out into making their own amps, and then their own cables, but Ken Ball is one of two people who have gone in...
Vsonic GR07: Perfection (Added MKII vs Bass Edition 24/03) - Page 2post #16 of 2709/17/11 at 10:11pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 2709/17/11 at 10:16pmQuote:
Here's a picture I took awhile ago:
But it's pretty much all green now. Still though, I don't really care, it's not nearly as noticeable as one of those fully transparent silver cables would be...
And yeah, EQ is nice, but I can't really use it all the time, unfortunately. I really don't like the apps on the iPhone (just don't like the built-in media players for them and they're very inaccurate, having to use your finger to do everything and all) and I can only use a good EQ program as a plugin for, say, winamp or something. So it would be ideal to not have to use it at all...still though, it's definitely not a dealbreaker.post #18 of 2709/17/11 at 10:23pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by DaBomb77766
And yeah, EQ is nice, but I can't really use it all the time, unfortunately. I really don't like the apps on the iPhone (just don't like the built-in media players for them and they're very inaccurate, having to use your finger to do everything and all) and I can only use a good EQ program as a plugin for, say, winamp or something. So it would be ideal to not have to use it at all...still though, it's definitely not a dealbreaker.
Have you tried the EQu app for the iPhone? It seems good enough to me. If you have a rockboxable DAP, you should definitely give it a try. It made a HUGE (ok, maybe just noticeable) difference in the SQ of my clip+ along with the added value of a near surgical EQpost #19 of 2709/17/11 at 10:25pmpost #20 of 2709/17/11 at 10:40pmQuote:
I have tried EQu...I've just had some pretty bad issues with playback for it. It sometimes skips tracks and doesn't really do albums and such in a very intuitive way...at least, not compared to the official music player. It also doesn't work with remotes or the media controls built into the iPhone. It's just too much of a hassle for it to be worth it to me...post #21 of 2709/17/11 at 11:05pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by DaBomb77766
I have tried EQu...I've just had some pretty bad issues with playback for it. It sometimes skips tracks and doesn't really do albums and such in a very intuitive way...at least, not compared to the official music player. It also doesn't work with remotes or the media controls built into the iPhone. It's just too much of a hassle for it to be worth it to me...
Ok, just checking. Rockbox might still be an option...
EDIT: 100 posts, woot!
Edited by eke2k6 - 9/17/11 at 11:06pmpost #22 of 2709/17/11 at 11:15pmQuote:Originally Posted by shotgunshane
I don't have any issues with a lower treble spike. Some people must be more sensitive to those frequencies than others. I've read it mentioned about the Sony's as well. I do agree with the soft dynamic range, the only real fault to me; otherwise an awesome bang for buck IEM that I've recommended over and over.
x3post #23 of 2709/17/11 at 11:16pmQuote:
Unfortunately, I don't have a player that can be rockboxed...there are a few iPod Nanos around the house, but they're not mine and they're pretty tiny...8GB or something, was the biggest one. I really don't like having to shuffle my library around all the time...I'm part of the camp that likes to have all of my music in one place.
Anyway, it's far more convenient (sort of) for me to just do things like replace the eartips to change the sound...it works everywhere and I don't have to worry about plugins and such. (no EQ for my home theatre receiver, for example!)post #24 of 2709/17/11 at 11:20pmThread Starter
Oh ok. Well I think I'm about to buy a pair of Jays foam tips from dweaver. I'll let you know how it sounds and fits when I get them
Edit: I've realized that I don't need the EQ adjustment on most songs. Now I only turn it on when I'm listening to songs with gobs of sibilance built in
Edited by eke2k6 - 9/18/11 at 9:32ampost #25 of 2709/18/11 at 4:12pmpost #26 of 2709/18/11 at 4:24pmThread StarterQuote:
lol. I'm not sure they can replace certain things my girlfriend does for me ...but I'd be pretty distraught if my pair brokepost #27 of 2709/18/11 at 4:33pmpost #28 of 2709/18/11 at 4:40pm
Quote:post #29 of 2709/18/11 at 4:41pmThread StarterReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Vsonic GR07: Perfection (Added MKII vs Bass Edition 24/03)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › iFi iPurifier 2 - Reviews, Impressions and Discussion Thread 11 seconds ago
- › The Official Sony TA-ZH1ES Hi-Res Headphone Amplifier (Live From... 37 seconds ago
- › LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread 45 seconds ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 2 minutes ago
- › LG V20 Sound Quality 2 minutes ago
- › Toronto GTA Meet January 2017 with Cayin! 3 minutes ago
- › Impact Audio Cables Review: A Fresh Source of Quality (Sound), Not... 3 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 4 minutes ago
- › ampsandsound loaner program for Kenzie and Mogwai 5 minutes ago
- › TY Hi-Z G3 by loomisjohnson
- › Accutone Pisces BA Hybrid IEM by crabdog
- › Schiit Modi Multibit by Trogdor
- › InEar ProPhile 8 by Mimouille
- › Campfire Audio Vega by Currawong
- › Astell & Kern AK Jr. Hi-Res Music Player 64GB by vincik
- › 64 Audio U12 Universal In-Ear Monitor by subguy812
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by suman134
- › Fostex TH 900 by Scott Branham
- › AKG K403 by IkuMiku96
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear