what you think?
Related Forum Threads
- Is This CMOY Amp and Crossfeed Circuit Any Good? Last post on 9/28/12 at 5:07pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Portable amp below $50? Last post on 1/6/12 at 6:06pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- PIMETA v2 or CmoyBB as first project? Last post on 8/1/11 at 2:26pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- fiio e11, e5, or cmoybb Last post on 8/26/11 at 3:05pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- [Show Off] Your CMOY Amplifier Last post on 7/16/11 at 5:07pm in Headphones (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I love these. I have BeatsPro, Monster Inspiration and these blow them away! They are super comfortable and I can hear the nuances of all sounds.
These are my go-to set of headphones and I could have them on for 4-5h without fatigue or discomfort. I love the sound signature but understand it's not for everyone. Highs: Clean, detailed,...
Having a V-Moda Crossfade LP2 for a while now and very impressed with its sound quality and comfort as closed-back headphones, I was looking for a set of open-backs for certain genres of music that...
As a budget closed-back set of headphones, I think they are not bad. The treble is rolled off quite a bit, which is not great in regard to clarity, but good in reducing fatigue on long sessions....
Best sound i ever heard from closed-up portables. I tried: koss porta, senheiser momentum, senheiser hd 25, ath es700, ath or7 and others i dont remember and some number of earphones and few gaming...
- Headphone Impedance
best portable amp with no hiss (under 60 dollars)?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
I've been using a CMOY from biosciencegeek for a couple of years and am very happy with it. It has a gain jumper so you can set it to low or hi - I use low and it sounds great both with IEMs (Turbines) and my HD595.
What are you going to be pairing it with?
I've got a JDSCmoy and with most of my gear I'm happy with it. The only time I get audible noise from it is when I plug in my UE5's, but they are really sensitive. I built mine DIY from his PCB with some good parts, but you could probably ask for something with lower gain (thus less audible noise)
- best portable amp with no hiss (under 60 dollars)?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Moon Audio Ambassadors Program! 37 seconds ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 46 seconds ago
- › $1295 Aurender FLOW - portable DAC/amp with mSATA slot for up to... 58 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 1 minute ago
- › Eico 636 tube tester, Radioshack branded 2 minutes ago
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 2 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 3 minutes ago
- › $200 Bassy/Vocal Oriented Open or Closed Headphones For Rap 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by jehovahluvsme
- › V-MODA LP2 by M-Techn1k
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad900x by M-Techn1k
- › Sony MDR-XD200 Stereo Headphones by M-Techn1k
- › Audio-Technica ATH-ES10 EarSuit Headphones by vincik
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by vincik
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Frank I
- › Viva Egoista Amplifier by Frank I
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 102 iE In-Ear Headphones (Silver) by MenacingTuba
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by Mshenay
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)