what you think?
Related Forum Threads
- Is This CMOY Amp and Crossfeed Circuit Any Good? Last post on 9/28/12 at 5:07pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Portable amp below $50? Last post on 1/6/12 at 6:06pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- PIMETA v2 or CmoyBB as first project? Last post on 8/1/11 at 2:26pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- fiio e11, e5, or cmoybb Last post on 8/26/11 at 3:05pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- [Show Off] Your CMOY Amplifier Last post on 7/16/11 at 5:07pm in Headphones (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Not too long ago, I was a lowly noob looking for my first headphones. I waded through the murky waters of terminology I couldn’t understand and brands I’d never heard of before. Over time, some...
Eddie Current's Zana Deux reviewed... Pre-amble - the Zana Deux original vs the new Zana Deux Super... - There are two versions of this tube amplifier. Both are output transformerless (OTL)...
This review will cover the X5ii, comparing it to the Pono player and the original X5. I have a Pono in my possession now. I unfortunately sold my original X5 prior to receiving the review sample,...
Alright, so I am not an audiophile by any means, my entire experience of headphelia is just using cheap IEMs but after trying some expensive beats, I knew I needed something more. And if your like...
This is a review of Audeze EL-8C closed back planar magnetic full size headphones: https://www.audeze.com/products/el-8-collection/el-8-closed-back, with a bonus review of Audeze Deckard desktop...
- Headphone Impedance
best portable amp with no hiss (under 60 dollars)?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
I've been using a CMOY from biosciencegeek for a couple of years and am very happy with it. It has a gain jumper so you can set it to low or hi - I use low and it sounds great both with IEMs (Turbines) and my HD595.
What are you going to be pairing it with?
I've got a JDSCmoy and with most of my gear I'm happy with it. The only time I get audible noise from it is when I plug in my UE5's, but they are really sensitive. I built mine DIY from his PCB with some good parts, but you could probably ask for something with lower gain (thus less audible noise)
- best portable amp with no hiss (under 60 dollars)?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Mytek Manhattan : PCM/DSD DAC-Pre With Headphone AMP 15 seconds ago
- › ***NEW*** Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp??? 17 seconds ago
- › HifiMan HE-400 35 seconds ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 50 seconds ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 1 minute ago
- › Comparisons: 25 of the Top Closed/Portable Headphones Around 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Fulla (by) Schiit - News, photos, thoughts, impressions, etc. 3 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 5 minutes ago
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon by Stillhart
- › Eddie Current Zana Deux SE by mikoss
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by fleasbaby
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by LandonO
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by twister6
- › Yamaha HPH-MT220BL by RushNerd
- › Klipsch Image X10 Noise-Isolating Earphone by achelgeson
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by krishtrinity1
- › Philips SHE3590BK/10 In-Ear Headphones (Black) by nauhid
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by RedJohn456
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3