Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › What would you reccomend out of these 5 earbuds for the type of music i listen to
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What would you reccomend out of these 5 earbuds for the type of music i listen to

post #1 of 18
Thread Starter 

Im by no means an audiophile and this would be my first real expensive good quality pair of earbuds i just dont know which to pend my money on.

the ultimate ears 500vi
ultimate ears 600vi
v-moda remix remote
klipsch s4i
etymotic hf3


and also they need to block out sound and deliver good bass and help would very eppreciated.
 

I listen to hip hop rock and roll psychadelic rock and electronica
post #2 of 18
Thread Starter 

I think i just eleminated the klipsch because they seem to have the worst build quality  

post #3 of 18

V-Moda's probably gonna have the most bass out of the choices. 

 

UE will be a good all arounder but go for the 700 if you can afford (From time to time Logitech has them on sale for $110-ish, look for coupons.) If not, 600 is also good.

 

Ety will have the most analytical and clean sound. 

 

 

 

 

post #4 of 18
Thread Starter 

hey thanks for the info it is very helpful  But do you have any experience with the etymotic hf3? And is it really lacking as much bass as some people seem to say? i am really interested in them since i think they look the best and hear they block out the most sound? but will hip hop be unbearable on them?

post #5 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by iverson3-1 View Post

hey thanks for the info it is very helpful  But do you have any experience with the etymotic hf3? And is it really lacking as much bass as some people seem to say? i am really interested in them since i think they look the best and hear they block out the most sound? but will hip hop be unbearable on them?



Actualy if IEMs insert deep in the ear then bass doesn't need to be heavy or boomy because after while it's start hurting. It's all depend how much bass quantity you want in IEMs and Etymotic HF3 offers good punchy bass but it's not boomy or heavy. The HF3 clarity n showing details in music is great with above average soundstage.

post #6 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZARIM View Post





Actualy if IEMs insert deep in the ear then bass doesn't need to be heavy or boomy because after while it's start hurting. It's all depend how much bass quantity you want in IEMs and Etymotic HF3 offers good punchy bass but it's not boomy or heavy. The HF3 clarity n showing details in music is great with above average soundstage.



Thanks if thats true then i lean more toward the Etymotics since they have better noise cancelling and that is very important to me. If you screw them innyour ears deep can you FEEL THE BASS? I know it wont be overpowering but can you still feel it thunping in your ears? Evem if just a little.

post #7 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by iverson3-1 View Post





Thanks if thats true then i lean more toward the Etymotics since they have better noise cancelling and that is very important to me. If you screw them innyour ears deep can you FEEL THE BASS? I know it wont be overpowering but can you still feel it thunping in your ears? Evem if just a little.


Etymotics will not be efficient for the type of music you listen to.  Some members will tell you it is though, I honestly think there are a ton of better choices out there.  The 500vis also have poor build quality, they feel very cheap and the cable doesn't seem that strong.  For your genres, I would recommend the ThinkSound TS02+mic.

 

post #8 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZARIM View Post





Actualy if IEMs insert deep in the ear then bass doesn't need to be heavy or boomy because after while it's start hurting. It's all depend how much bass quantity you want in IEMs and Etymotic HF3 offers good punchy bass but it's not boomy or heavy. The HF3 clarity n showing details in music is great with above average soundstage.



 



Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyman392 View Post




Etymotics will not be efficient for the type of music you listen to.  Some members will tell you it is though, I honestly think there are a ton of better choices out there.  The 500vis also have poor build quality, they feel very cheap and the cable doesn't seem that strong.  For your genres, I would recommend the ThinkSound TS02+mic.

 


 

Thanks i will look into those and i will pass on the 500vi i heard from other people to that they feel cheap and flimsey.

post #9 of 18
Thread Starter 

I think i will pass on the thinksound also since they dont have volume control.

post #10 of 18

Well, you just shot down all my other ideas... :p  The rest that I could recommend don't have volume control :(

post #11 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyman392 View Post

Well, you just shot down all my other ideas... :p  The rest that I could recommend don't have volume control :(


 

I have pretty much narrowed it down to the v modas oe the UE600vi anyway i think it will be the UE thanks for all the help.

post #12 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by iverson3-1 View Post





Thanks if thats true then i lean more toward the Etymotics since they have better noise cancelling and that is very important to me. If you screw them innyour ears deep can you FEEL THE BASS? I know it wont be overpowering but can you still feel it thunping in your ears? Evem if just a little.

The bass on Etymotic HF3 is more punchy than iBud n Apple in earphones with greater clarity in bass region. Overall HF3 performance in all frequencies response is close to UE SF5Pro, Shure E4c. BTW i use many bass heavy IEMs like UE SF5EB, Monster Turbine, JVC FX500, Sennheiser IE8, TF10Pro and many others. I can tell you HF3 provide more than enough bass for average iPod users(with iBuds or ADDIEM) and shows more details in music than all others IEMs on your list.
 

 

post #13 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZARIM View Post



The bass on Etymotic HF3 is more punchy than iBud n Apple in earphones with greater clarity in bass region. Overall HF3 performance in all frequencies response is close to UE SF5Pro, Shure E4c. BTW i use many bass heavy IEMs like UE SF5EB, Monster Turbine, JVC FX500, Sennheiser IE8, TF10Pro and many others. I can tell you HF3 provide more than enough bass for average iPod users(with iBuds or ADDIEM) and shows more details in music than all others IEMs on your list.
 

 


The genres the OP listens to are as follows: hip hop, rock and roll, psychadelic rock, and electronic.  Two of these really require you to have at least a decent bass body to be really enjoyed/felt fully.  The other two definitely are improved with a bass body.  The Etymotics have good impact (not the best though), but really lack a bass body.  I honestly would suggest the ADDIEMs over the Etymotics for his genres if he needed good bass [for the genres].  Just my 2 cents.  I know someone's going to disagree with me on this (I already told him someone would drop by and say the Etys have enough bass for his genres too; let's go for 2 out of 2 :p).

 

 

To add, many times, when a person comes here for a good bass headphone, we suggest something like the RE0, Etymotic, or some other bass light headphone and tell them it's enough...  As it turns out, they normally aren't, and the person ends up mad since they didn't get the sound they wanted. 


Edited by tinyman392 - 9/18/11 at 9:03am
post #14 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyman392 View Post




The genres the OP listens to are as follows: hip hop, rock and roll, psychadelic rock, and electronic.  Two of these really require you to have at least a decent bass body to be really enjoyed/felt fully.  The other two definitely are improved with a bass body.  The Etymotics have good impact (not the best though), but really lack a bass body.  I honestly would suggest the ADDIEMs over the Etymotics for his genres if he needed good bass [for the genres].  Just my 2 cents.  I know someone's going to disagree with me on this (I already told him someone would drop by and say the Etys have enough bass for his genres too; let's go for 2 out of 2 :p).

 

 

To add, many times, when a person comes here for a good bass headphone, we suggest something like the RE0, Etymotic, or some other bass light headphone and tell them it's enough...  As it turns out, they normally aren't, and the person ends up mad since they didn't get the sound they wanted. 



Thanks im noy gonna get them i have heard the same thing about the bass. Its foen to the UE600vi and the vmodas i either one of those will be good for what i listen to.

post #15 of 18

You are going to choose from the above one's you listed only?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › What would you reccomend out of these 5 earbuds for the type of music i listen to