I think something is wrong with the SM3 I got here, not the UM3X... I own the SM3's before and I don't remember them lacking treble compared to the UM3X. But this is just by memory. Not sure.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- IEM's that make vocals sound like they're coming from the heart for under $250?... Last post on 10/30/12 at 3:21pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure SE535's worth upgrading to? Last post on 9/22/12 at 9:50am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Can't decide on my first actual Hi-end IEMs - help needed Last post on 9/18/12 at 8:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- QUICK: SE535, Westone UM3X, or Westone 4Rs? Last post on 11/20/12 at 7:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Hi-end universal IEMs from Triple.Fis Last post on 8/10/12 at 8:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: Yesterday
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 12/10/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)Last edited: 12/10/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
This Headphone have Very Good and Smooth Mid / High, Good Bass response. Cold-side, Analytical, Overall Clarity made this Headphone Shine, Bass may lack on some track or Not enough for some...
I recently traded my ATM-50's since they unfortunately lost lower frequencies and started crackling in the left ear. So I thought "Why not try something different". I was looking for something to...
Intro This was my first real pair of headphones, and they satisfied me for two years. So it is only fitting that my first headphone review be on these awesome headphones. The HD598s are a great...
Introduction First I want to start with an "I'm sorry" because I took so long to write this and to top it off, I feel as if the review was a "waste of time" because, well, I don't see it as very...
Westone UM3X RC vs. EarSonics SM3 v2 vs. SE535 Showdown (updated 10/5/11) - Page 5post #61 of 7012/11/11 at 6:16am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #62 of 7012/11/11 at 6:19amThread StarterQuote:
That may be it. I was lucky to have been able to demo both at the same time.post #63 of 7012/11/11 at 6:38am
I'm comparing both side by side. I bought another SM3. I just think something's wrong with them. I can't even see any filter and without filter they were supposed to have more clarity. I will return them to the seller and will eventually get the V2 just for testing purposes.post #64 of 7012/11/11 at 6:41am
Lots of different opinions...
But I Think I'm gonna buy the UM3X RC... there are less expensive, and I think they correspond to my tastes : dynamic, deep bass, detailed. As for the SM3, they are analytic, and I could be disappointed.
@Miow : Where can I find silver dragon cables on the Internet ?post #65 of 7012/11/11 at 6:47am
P.S. SM3 are not analytical. :-) But yes, UM3X are dynamic, deep bass and detailed.
EDIT: UM3X are almost analytical, lots of detail, but with a powerful, tight bass (with the right tips). So, best of both worlds. ; ) And later you can buy the Westone UM56 custom tips, which makes a HUGE difference.
Edited by miow - 12/11/11 at 7:38ampost #66 of 7012/11/11 at 8:12am
Alex, I would not hurry buying a "magic cable" as the stock one is very good already.
Some people believe in upgraded cables, but the vast majority of technicians and professionals think that it's more a placebo effect than anything else.
That's what I think, also.post #67 of 7012/11/11 at 9:29ampost #68 of 7012/13/11 at 4:36am
I have an other question..
I hesitate between the UM3X RC and UM3X... On Amazon.fr the UM3X cost 285 euros ( 0 euros shipping) and the UM3X RC cost 305 euros + 17 euros of shipping !!! So there is a different of 30-40 euros between the two !
So I don't really know if this is necessary to have the UM3X RC...
What is the longevity of a earphone such as the UM3X (not RC) ?
Edited by alex110394 - 12/13/11 at 4:38ampost #69 of 7012/13/11 at 7:06am
Same thing my friend. Several years. If you are not going to change the cable for a better one like the Silver Dragon, etc ($175+ or it does nothing), go for the UM3X and buy the UM56 tips ; )
By the way, the stock Westone cable is very good.post #70 of 7012/13/11 at 11:15amThread Starter
It's worth noting that I had issues with the left channel of the my UM3X RCs cutting out. Westone confirmed it was a faulty connector. I personally think that the Westone connectors (which are also used on most customs) are kind of flimsy. I think that Sony, Sleek audio and Shure have it right with regard to their connection points. I have yet to experience any issues with the connectors with my SE535s.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Westone UM3X RC vs. EarSonics SM3 v2 vs. SE535 Showdown (updated 10/5/11)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Unique Melody double/triple hybrid universals announced: UM 2X & 3X... 41 seconds ago
- › Vision Ears and Rhines Custom Monitors (formerly Compact Monitors) 1 minute ago
- › Looking for all around iems 1 minute ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Dec 20th 2013 1 minute ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 1 minute ago
- › Review: Violectric HPA V200 amp 1 minute ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 2 minutes ago
- › DIY Cable Gallery!! 3 minutes ago
- › THE best female vocals? (your favorite female singers) 3 minutes ago
- › Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM Appreciation/Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › TDK BA200 by kimvictor
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by Misterbushido-
- › Ultrasone DJ1 by HybridBlinds
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by davisman
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by gelocks
- › Noble Audio 8C by John0405
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by cipurian
- › Project Palaios: Iona by lin0003
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by getclikinagas
- › JAYS T00093 a-JAYS Five Earphones for Android - Black by mark2410
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by SocialCapital