I think something is wrong with the SM3 I got here, not the UM3X... I own the SM3's before and I don't remember them lacking treble compared to the UM3X. But this is just by memory. Not sure.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- IEM's that make vocals sound like they're coming from the heart for under $250?... Last post on 10/30/12 at 3:21pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure SE535's worth upgrading to? Last post on 9/22/12 at 9:50am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Can't decide on my first actual Hi-end IEMs - help needed Last post on 9/18/12 at 8:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- QUICK: SE535, Westone UM3X, or Westone 4Rs? Last post on 11/20/12 at 7:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Hi-end universal IEMs from Triple.Fis Last post on 8/10/12 at 8:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
First, I’d like to thank Audrey and the folks at Brainwavz and MP4 Nation for providing a sample of the S5 for review. It was late last month when I received a message from the folks at...
help!! I'm fallling!!!!!!!(photoshop lvl expert) For any Sony DAPs, the letter goes for a kind/category of DAP. The first numbers for the model and the last number is always for the onboard...
Background and listening experience: I bought these as a complementary headphone for my ZMF Vibros. I wanted something open and I've been curious about Audio Technica for a while. In the past, I've...
I don’t get asked very often about the Private 333 amongst the Fitear customs I own. Nor do you hear people raving about it as you might in respect of the C435, the MH 334 and the MH335DW....
Before I begin with my review of the Beyerdynamic XP1, all of the below are solely what I’ve managed to get out of the IEM, I suggest to try it out or read some other people’s review to get a...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Westone UM3X RC vs. EarSonics SM3 v2 vs. SE535 Showdown (updated 10/5/11) - Page 5
Gear mentioned in this thread:
That may be it. I was lucky to have been able to demo both at the same time.
I'm comparing both side by side. I bought another SM3. I just think something's wrong with them. I can't even see any filter and without filter they were supposed to have more clarity. I will return them to the seller and will eventually get the V2 just for testing purposes.
Lots of different opinions...
But I Think I'm gonna buy the UM3X RC... there are less expensive, and I think they correspond to my tastes : dynamic, deep bass, detailed. As for the SM3, they are analytic, and I could be disappointed.
@Miow : Where can I find silver dragon cables on the Internet ?
P.S. SM3 are not analytical. :-) But yes, UM3X are dynamic, deep bass and detailed.
EDIT: UM3X are almost analytical, lots of detail, but with a powerful, tight bass (with the right tips). So, best of both worlds. ; ) And later you can buy the Westone UM56 custom tips, which makes a HUGE difference.
Edited by miow - 12/11/11 at 7:38am
Alex, I would not hurry buying a "magic cable" as the stock one is very good already.
Some people believe in upgraded cables, but the vast majority of technicians and professionals think that it's more a placebo effect than anything else.
That's what I think, also.
I have an other question..
I hesitate between the UM3X RC and UM3X... On Amazon.fr the UM3X cost 285 euros ( 0 euros shipping) and the UM3X RC cost 305 euros + 17 euros of shipping !!! So there is a different of 30-40 euros between the two !
So I don't really know if this is necessary to have the UM3X RC...
What is the longevity of a earphone such as the UM3X (not RC) ?
Edited by alex110394 - 12/13/11 at 4:38am
Same thing my friend. Several years. If you are not going to change the cable for a better one like the Silver Dragon, etc ($175+ or it does nothing), go for the UM3X and buy the UM56 tips ; )
By the way, the stock Westone cable is very good.
It's worth noting that I had issues with the left channel of the my UM3X RCs cutting out. Westone confirmed it was a faulty connector. I personally think that the Westone connectors (which are also used on most customs) are kind of flimsy. I think that Sony, Sleek audio and Shure have it right with regard to their connection points. I have yet to experience any issues with the connectors with my SE535s.
- Westone UM3X RC vs. EarSonics SM3 v2 vs. SE535 Showdown (updated 10/5/11)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › K701, 702, Q701, HD 598 or something else? 45 seconds ago
- › HifiMan HE-300 or HE-400 2 minutes ago
- › IEM around $200-300 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 REV 1 with Upgraded Drivers and Earpads with included... 3 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 3 minutes ago
- › Westone 2 True-Fit IEM Appreciation & Impressions Thread... 4 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 5 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1, the new start of the high-res DAP with individual DAC and... 6 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 7 minutes ago
- › $1295 Aurender FLOW - portable DAC/amp with mSATA slot for up to... 7 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by TheGame21x
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by castleofargh
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad900x by manbear
- › FitEar Private 333 by Kiats
- › Beyerdynamic XP1 by SawItComing
- › Audio-Technica ATH-WS77 SOLID BASS Portable Headphones (Japan Import) by DisCHORDDubstep
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by thatBeatsguy
- › Fostex TH 900 by smitty1110
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by aquamacs
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM02 balanced amature inner earphone by thatonenoob
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)