I think something is wrong with the SM3 I got here, not the UM3X... I own the SM3's before and I don't remember them lacking treble compared to the UM3X. But this is just by memory. Not sure.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- IEM's that make vocals sound like they're coming from the heart for under $250?... Last post on 10/30/12 at 3:21pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure SE535's worth upgrading to? Last post on 9/22/12 at 9:50am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Can't decide on my first actual Hi-end IEMs - help needed Last post on 9/18/12 at 8:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- QUICK: SE535, Westone UM3X, or Westone 4Rs? Last post on 11/20/12 at 7:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Hi-end universal IEMs from Triple.Fis Last post on 8/10/12 at 8:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I purchased a Bakoon HPA-01 off Massdrop for around $1200 (it is normally around $1700 retail) due to the reputation of Bakoon Japan for making stunning amps. The HPA-01 is from Bakoon Korea,...
It would be impossible to replicate my first impressions of the Pioneer Superior Club Sound in-ear headphone series. As such, if you’d like my initial reaction, check out myPioneer SE-CX9 review....
Intro/Setup The on-ear open-back design is not a very popular segment. I suspect most overlook this category largely because of the lack of isolation compared to the many closed-back...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Audio-Technica US for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. I can’t imagine a better way to wrap up a series of...
First off, I want to thank Faheem and Singnature Acoustics for this O-16 Live unit and apologize for the humongous delay (it’s been very long) of this review. Packaging and...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Westone UM3X RC vs. EarSonics SM3 v2 vs. SE535 Showdown (updated 10/5/11) - Page 5
Gear mentioned in this thread:
That may be it. I was lucky to have been able to demo both at the same time.
I'm comparing both side by side. I bought another SM3. I just think something's wrong with them. I can't even see any filter and without filter they were supposed to have more clarity. I will return them to the seller and will eventually get the V2 just for testing purposes.
Lots of different opinions...
But I Think I'm gonna buy the UM3X RC... there are less expensive, and I think they correspond to my tastes : dynamic, deep bass, detailed. As for the SM3, they are analytic, and I could be disappointed.
@Miow : Where can I find silver dragon cables on the Internet ?
P.S. SM3 are not analytical. :-) But yes, UM3X are dynamic, deep bass and detailed.
EDIT: UM3X are almost analytical, lots of detail, but with a powerful, tight bass (with the right tips). So, best of both worlds. ; ) And later you can buy the Westone UM56 custom tips, which makes a HUGE difference.
Edited by miow - 12/11/11 at 7:38am
Alex, I would not hurry buying a "magic cable" as the stock one is very good already.
Some people believe in upgraded cables, but the vast majority of technicians and professionals think that it's more a placebo effect than anything else.
That's what I think, also.
I have an other question..
I hesitate between the UM3X RC and UM3X... On Amazon.fr the UM3X cost 285 euros ( 0 euros shipping) and the UM3X RC cost 305 euros + 17 euros of shipping !!! So there is a different of 30-40 euros between the two !
So I don't really know if this is necessary to have the UM3X RC...
What is the longevity of a earphone such as the UM3X (not RC) ?
Edited by alex110394 - 12/13/11 at 4:38am
Same thing my friend. Several years. If you are not going to change the cable for a better one like the Silver Dragon, etc ($175+ or it does nothing), go for the UM3X and buy the UM56 tips ; )
By the way, the stock Westone cable is very good.
It's worth noting that I had issues with the left channel of the my UM3X RCs cutting out. Westone confirmed it was a faulty connector. I personally think that the Westone connectors (which are also used on most customs) are kind of flimsy. I think that Sony, Sleek audio and Shure have it right with regard to their connection points. I have yet to experience any issues with the connectors with my SE535s.
- Westone UM3X RC vs. EarSonics SM3 v2 vs. SE535 Showdown (updated 10/5/11)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › THE OSTRY KC06A ! THE GUY WHO SURPRISES WITH SOUND, CLASS,LOOK AND... 15 seconds ago
- › La Figaro 339 16 seconds ago
- › HIFIMAN Flagship Headphone HE1000 Beta Testing Opportunity – it’s... 18 seconds ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 33 seconds ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 38 seconds ago
- › Fostex TH900 vs Audeze LCD-X 46 seconds ago
- › VE - A New and Impressive Earbuds Brand 1 minute ago
- › "The Lab" 1 minute ago
- › DUNU DN-2000J -- More Than Evolution? 1 minute ago
- › Have you ever heard sound coming from the front with headphones. 1 minute ago
- › Bakoon HPA-01 by Currawong
- › Pioneer SE-CX8-T Headphone, Bright Copper by Luckbad
- › Sennheiser HD 239 Headphones Black by rigodeni
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by twister6
- › Signature Acoustics O16 Live by kova4a
- › Sennheiser HD 428 Headphones by rensin
- › JVC HAF14B - Gumy Earbud Headphones by LuigiSound
- › Grado SR80i Headphones by Pirakaphile
- › MEElectronics M-Duo by Luckbad
- › Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones by ilovesocks
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2