I think something is wrong with the SM3 I got here, not the UM3X... I own the SM3's before and I don't remember them lacking treble compared to the UM3X. But this is just by memory. Not sure.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- IEM's that make vocals sound like they're coming from the heart for under $250?... Last post on 10/30/12 at 3:21pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure SE535's worth upgrading to? Last post on 9/22/12 at 9:50am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Can't decide on my first actual Hi-end IEMs - help needed Last post on 9/18/12 at 8:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- QUICK: SE535, Westone UM3X, or Westone 4Rs? Last post on 11/20/12 at 7:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Hi-end universal IEMs from Triple.Fis Last post on 8/10/12 at 8:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
NOTE: This is my first review and I'm a budding audio enthusiast. This is no pro review, just a newb trying to put audio nuances to words. These are my first pair of Balanced Armatures and I am...
Background In about 1990, when Joseph Grado was designing his HMP-1 Holographic Scalera Scanner (perfectly-matched pair of microphones for recording), he needed some detailed, neutral...
Creative's Sound Blaster E1 If you want to cover your bases with a do-all headphone accessory, the E1 is a good start. Affordable, well featured, inexpensive, the E1 is Creative's entry-level...
Firstly like to thank Chuck from 1964 Ears for organising the Pendulumic Stance S1+ headphones for this review. Pendulumic is a relatively new company in the headphone world, and...
Introduction: RHA is a fairly new audio company that has made quite a splash recently with their MA750 and T10 IEMs. RHA has recently announced their new T20 IEM which is due to be released...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Westone UM3X RC vs. EarSonics SM3 v2 vs. SE535 Showdown (updated 10/5/11) - Page 5
Gear mentioned in this thread:
That may be it. I was lucky to have been able to demo both at the same time.
I'm comparing both side by side. I bought another SM3. I just think something's wrong with them. I can't even see any filter and without filter they were supposed to have more clarity. I will return them to the seller and will eventually get the V2 just for testing purposes.
Lots of different opinions...
But I Think I'm gonna buy the UM3X RC... there are less expensive, and I think they correspond to my tastes : dynamic, deep bass, detailed. As for the SM3, they are analytic, and I could be disappointed.
@Miow : Where can I find silver dragon cables on the Internet ?
P.S. SM3 are not analytical. :-) But yes, UM3X are dynamic, deep bass and detailed.
EDIT: UM3X are almost analytical, lots of detail, but with a powerful, tight bass (with the right tips). So, best of both worlds. ; ) And later you can buy the Westone UM56 custom tips, which makes a HUGE difference.
Edited by miow - 12/11/11 at 7:38am
Alex, I would not hurry buying a "magic cable" as the stock one is very good already.
Some people believe in upgraded cables, but the vast majority of technicians and professionals think that it's more a placebo effect than anything else.
That's what I think, also.
I have an other question..
I hesitate between the UM3X RC and UM3X... On Amazon.fr the UM3X cost 285 euros ( 0 euros shipping) and the UM3X RC cost 305 euros + 17 euros of shipping !!! So there is a different of 30-40 euros between the two !
So I don't really know if this is necessary to have the UM3X RC...
What is the longevity of a earphone such as the UM3X (not RC) ?
Edited by alex110394 - 12/13/11 at 4:38am
Same thing my friend. Several years. If you are not going to change the cable for a better one like the Silver Dragon, etc ($175+ or it does nothing), go for the UM3X and buy the UM56 tips ; )
By the way, the stock Westone cable is very good.
It's worth noting that I had issues with the left channel of the my UM3X RCs cutting out. Westone confirmed it was a faulty connector. I personally think that the Westone connectors (which are also used on most customs) are kind of flimsy. I think that Sony, Sleek audio and Shure have it right with regard to their connection points. I have yet to experience any issues with the connectors with my SE535s.
- Westone UM3X RC vs. EarSonics SM3 v2 vs. SE535 Showdown (updated 10/5/11)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Grado Fan Club! 30 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 31 seconds ago
- › Headphones 300$ max. 55 seconds ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 1 minute ago
- › Q701 impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 1 minute ago
- › Feliks-Audio...6SN7 + 6AS7G/6080 prototype 3 minutes ago
- › Sound Blaster Z able to drive 120ohm headphones? 4 minutes ago
- › FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread 5 minutes ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 5 minutes ago
- › Sony XBA-10/N Gold | Balanced Armature In-Ear Headphones (Japanese... by LikeABell
- › Joseph Grado HPA-1 by kayandjohn
- › Creative Sound Blaster E1 Portable Headphone Amplifier with... by Evshrug
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1+ Bluetooth Wireless Headphones by pformagg
- › RHA T20 by Cotnijoe
- › VE Zen by boneofimba
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by xkonfuzed
- › TCG Audio TRD3+ Desktop HeadAmp & 32/384DAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › Xiaomi Pistons 3.0 in-ear headphones by FYLegend
- › Woo Audio WA5 LE by Nosbig
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)