New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

First photo of E17 - Page 4

post #46 of 123

hi if i decided to get e17+e9 at the same time, what kind of inputs could i put at the same time? i was planning to use it for "PC, PS3" so something like coax in, optical in and usb in would be good. would they have that feature?

 

and also would i be able to plug it to the receiver->speaker? thanks!

post #47 of 123

Subscribed.

 

Although I mostly use my e7 when docked with the e9, I do use my e7 on the go at times as a portable amp.  You say the amplifier section in the e17 is improved, along with a better DAC (for when I do use it as a desktop setup), along with added flexibility of controls and inputs.

 

How is the battery? As beastly as the e7?

 

Tempting product... I just don't know if I will full utilize it as I mainly use the setup as docked/desktop.  The improvement in the DAC might be nice...

 

I do like the switch option between pre amp and true line out so the EQ can be utilized on the e17.

post #48 of 123
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Audiohead View Post

Subscribed.

 

Although I mostly use my e7 when docked with the e9, I do use my e7 on the go at times as a portable amp.  You say the amplifier section in the e17 is improved, along with a better DAC (for when I do use it as a desktop setup), along with added flexibility of controls and inputs.

 

How is the battery? As beastly as the e7?

 

Tempting product... I just don't know if I will full utilize it as I mainly use the setup as docked/desktop.  The improvement in the DAC might be nice...

 

I do like the switch option between pre amp and true line out so the EQ can be utilized on the e17.


thanks, the bad news is that the battery life will be about 12 hours even we use bigger battery , because the new chip sets need higher power .

 

BTW, the DAC chip will be the same as E7 , which is WM8740, partly because it is good enough for a portable device and we need to control the cost and the battery life. I will release a new thread after one month, because I hope

 

people can focus in our E6, E10, E11 but not a new amp which will be released after 3 months, but good thing is there are lots of innovative feature in E17, also you can expect a noticeable improvement in SQ 

 

post #49 of 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by feiao View Post

thanks, the bad news is that the battery life will be about 12 hours even we use bigger battery , because the new chip sets need higher power .

 

BTW, the DAC chip will be the same as E7 , which is WM8740, partly because it is good enough for a portable device and we need to control the cost and the battery life. I will release a new thread after one month, because I hope

 

people can focus in our E6, E10, E11 but not a new amp which will be released after 3 months, but good thing is there are lots of innovative feature in E17, also you can expect a noticeable improvement in SQ 

 


Good to know.  It sounds like a great product, but probably not for me since all I would be getting out of it was an improved portable amp if the DAC is the same.  I guess I would also get the added flexibility of using some of the fading/EQ features of the e17 while docked with the e9, but these are things I can already do from the source.  I'm not complaining, the e7/e9 combo is perfectly fine :)

 

I don't think I would notice substantial changes in SQ except when using it on the go as a portable amp, yes?  If the DAC is the same, when docked with the e9 the sound should be identical, unless the line out dock on the e7 isn't already a true line out (which I think it is?)

 

post #50 of 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Audiohead View Post

I don't think I would notice substantial changes in SQ except when using it on the go as a portable amp, yes?  If the DAC is the same, when docked with the e9 the sound should be identical, unless the line out dock on the e7 isn't already a true line out (which I think it is?)

 


The DAC is the same, but the USB receiver will be different (remember E7's USB receiver doesn't support 24/96, but E17's USB receiver will). This means the circuit ain't identical between the two and therefore won't sound identical. If E10 (which supports 24/96) is of any indication, you can expect E17 to sound better than E7 even on line-out.

 

post #51 of 123

stupid question, but this is going to dock into the e9 i assume. will the e17+e9 combo be able to function without the e17 being physically on, compared to the e7/e9 having to turn both on?

 

or is this an issue with the e9's function and not the dac.

post #52 of 123

Sorry wallet, but no pain, no gain. You'll be full again after I get a part time...*sigh*

post #53 of 123
Thread Starter 

After our researching about the MHL, the only solution from silicon image, need a lots of power so it is not suitable for portable use now. I will keep tracking the newest technology to see when we can make a portable MHL receiver .

 

 

So, it means our E17 will go ahead and the ETA will be still Feb. 2012. 

post #54 of 123

Thanks FiiO! Might be getting one of these when it comes out into the market!

post #55 of 123

Hi Fiio,

 

could you give us more detail on the internals of the E17? Since you plan to release it in February, the hardware components might be fixed... looking forward to it :) Thanks

post #56 of 123
Thread Starter 

sure, will updated some news about E17, currently I am waiting for the newest engineer samples and it should arrives in days.

post #57 of 123
Thread Starter 

I must said , the build quality of E17 is the best in our line up

post #58 of 123

.

post #59 of 123

Subscribed, looking forward to whatever you guys come up with.

post #60 of 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by feiao View Post

I must said , the build quality of E17 is the best in our line up


Pictures pleeeeaassssee :)

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: FiiO