New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Really good in ears.

post #1 of 28
Thread Starter 

I have a pair of klipsch Image S4's but I frequently see reviews saying the Monster Turbines are better, then the gold and coppers being sequentually better yet. I have also seen reviews saying the Klipsch Image X 10's (what ever happened to the X 5's?) are better than the S4's and about tying the coppers, but most reviews say all these headphones lack the ultimate clarity of uber expesive multiple driver moddels. My question is would the $400 TripleFi 10 which can be had for about $200 be better than the Turbines or X 10's and closer to the sound of Shure SE535's or JH's audio and Ultimate Ears custom fit IEM's?

 

I'm looking for something to be portable and to be a cheaper alternative to a hifi set up without spending thousands.

Iv considdered UE TripleFi 10, Monster Turbines Pro Copper and Etymotic's hf series.

post #2 of 28

The Klipsch S4 are kind of crappy nowadays. There has been an explosion in the $30-60 earbud market in the past 2-3 years, and they've been surpassed by many other makers for quality for the price. It's not too hard to find better. I would consider the MT better but not by much. If you're thinking of spending over $100 on earbuds, the TF10 are great performers but extremely uncomfortable for some, myself included. I would try Sony EX600 or Vsonic GR07. Many people find both of those to perform better than the TF10, and at about $30-50 less.

post #3 of 28

Triple Fi's are amazing! But they seem to have a lot of fitting problems for some people and breaking within a year from what I've read in forums.

post #4 of 28

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundstige View Post
I would try Sony EX600 or Vsonic GR07. Many people find both of those to perform better than the TF10, and at about $30-50 less.


Quoted for truth.

 

post #5 of 28

The TF10s are really uncomfortable and I don't think their sound (although overall "good," but nothing superb) justifies the discomfort you have to go through, and their flimsiness. My UE experiences haven't been good. Mine barely lasted a few months; I am surprised people even get a year or more out of them.

 

If you want an overall great IEM, look at the Earsonics SM3. The SM3s trump the TF10s, in my opinion, and at least when I compared prices, I could find the SM3s for cheaper. The SM3s are just better sonically than the TF10s. The SM3s have a much better soundstage and present a better overall sound.

 

If you are very vocal oriented and want to be floored by mids and natural vocals, I would suggest the Shure SE530/535. If you want incredible articulation and maximum instrument separation, I would go for the Westone UM3Xs.


Edited by Pepper - 9/18/11 at 2:56pm
post #6 of 28

If you want crisp clear sound with really wide soundstage then i will recommend to try Sennheiser IE8, FX700, EX1000 and UE TF10Pro. But if you want highely detailed neutral soundsignature then RE272, HF5, ER4P/S, CK10, GR10, RE0 are highely reommended


Edited by ZARIM - 9/16/11 at 9:18pm
post #7 of 28

To each his own. I find the TF10's quite comfortable, and coupled with the right tips, the issue may very well be resolved altogether. I've found that the HiFiMan biflanges, the Comply T-400's, and the sony hybrids all work very well for me, without any modifications needed. YMMV.

 

If you can manage a good fit on the TF10's without discomfort, you need not look past them IMO. The other options suggested are all great alternatives as well, albeit of 30+ in-ears I've owned to date, the TF10's were among the most overlooked, and as of late, have come to be the most musical in-ears I've ever owned to date; even more than the SM3 for my ears. The mids are neutral at best, the treble is simply awesome, without any appreciable harshness/fatigue, and the bass will leave you overwhelmed, considering they're BA's. As for the soundstage? Just as exceptional. All the best my friend!

post #8 of 28
Thread Starter 

I foune the TF10's for $220 and the Westone UM3X for $290 how do they compare to the Westone 3 and Westone 4's?

post #9 of 28

^^IMO, westone 4s are the best universal iems, but reshelled tripfis are pretty close and more comfortable.

post #10 of 28
Thread Starter 

Reshelled? I see u own the coppers too, do they compare at all?

post #11 of 28

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScaryFatKidGT View Post

I foune the TF10's for $220 and the Westone UM3X for $290 how do they compare to the Westone 3 and Westone 4's?

 

Refer to my signature my friend; sounds like you've got a good bit of reading ahead of you. wink.gif Granted, it'll only help you towards your final decision. I stand behind the TF10, as my first and foremost recommendation. All the best!

post #12 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by i2ehan View Post

To each his own. I find the TF10's quite comfortable, and coupled with the right tips, the issue may very well be resolved altogether. I've found that the HiFiMan biflanges, the Comply T-400's, and the sony hybrids all work very well for me, without any modifications needed. YMMV.

 

If you can manage a good fit on the TF10's without discomfort, you need not look past them IMO. The other options suggested are all great alternatives as well, albeit of 30+ in-ears I've owned to date, the TF10's were among the most overlooked, and as of late, have come to be the most musical in-ears I've ever owned to date; even more than the SM3 for my ears. The mids are neutral at best, the treble is simply awesome, without any appreciable harshness/fatigue, and the bass will leave you overwhelmed, considering they're BA's. As for the soundstage? Just as exceptional. All the best my friend!

Agreed, except for better than SM3.. (SM3 is darker, highs in tf10 a little bit sibilant at time; both have armature kind of clarity over ie8)

For me SM3 > TF10, but that is only when you really nitpick, SQ wise, but are really good actually.

Price-wise, used TF10 can be had for about 1/3 the price of SM3

And they are not painful to wear at all; I don't know who started saying that... funny looking maybe... painful, definitely not.


 

 

post #13 of 28

Go for TF10 if you are on a budget; they are top tier too

post #14 of 28



TF10 isn't in the same league as the SM3. TF10 = recessed mids, sibilant treble, fit issues and no where near the 3D imaging, and liquid presentation as the SM3. But yes they can be had for a third of the price of the SM3. JMOpopcorn.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjerry View Post



Agreed, except for better than SM3.. (SM3 is darker, highs in tf10 a little bit sibilant at time; both have armature kind of clarity over ie8)

For me SM3 > TF10, but that is only when you really nitpick, SQ wise, but are really good actually.

Price-wise, used TF10 can be had for about 1/3 the price of SM3

And they are not painful to wear at all; I don't know who started saying that... funny looking maybe... painful, definitely not.


 

 



 

post #15 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guidostrunk View Post



TF10 isn't in the same league as the SM3. TF10 = recessed mids, sibilant treble, fit issues and no where near the 3D imaging, and liquid presentation as the SM3. But yes they can be had for a third of the price of the SM3. JMOpopcorn.gif



 



When you auditioned or owned the tf10, did you get a good seal or fit? A lack of proper seal means extra air leaks in and gives a sibilant-like sound. Yes, the mids are slightly recessed, but it's up to preference and the extra budget means solutions like silver cables are easily had for, which can correct the problem. The imaging may not be up to the sm3, but the soundstage's pretty good too
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: