- 2,765 Posts. Joined 5/2009
- Location: Hong Kong
- Select All Posts By This User
- productBeats Pro (High Performance Professional Headphones From Monster® - Pro-tuned Over-Ear - Black)tagged by System, 9/19/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/19/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 9/22/11
Related Forum Threads
- Beats Pro Vs Ultrasone Pro 900 Last post on 12/26/12 at 7:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Upgrading from Beat Pros (They were a gift) Last post on 1/16/12 at 12:39pm in Headphones (full-size)
- New Beats pro to be released in March 2012? Last post on 7/15/12 at 7:56am in Headphones (full-size)
- Which headphones Last post on 1/9/12 at 11:25am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sell Beat Pros and do what? Last post on 2/10/12 at 9:51am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I recently got the AK 100 II after dabbling with a phone based stack. Alternate setup: Samsung Galaxy S5 FIIO E18 + PowerAmp Pro (Cost: 2.99€) + iSyncr (Cost: 3.99€) + Stream to...
After an extensive search online for a replacement for my very good Schiit Bifrost, I settled on the Dacmini, in part from comments here on Head-Fi, and the fact that Stereophile has had it as a...
DUNU DN-2000 Quick Review Full Review at http://www.head-fi.org/t/728105/dunu-dn-2000-review Thanks to DUNU for the sample. Brief: DUNU take’s it to the top. Price: US$316 or £186...
Ok first I need to say that I'm not an audiophile, and I use this site mostly for help than giving advise whit that told I will continue I've owned this headset for more than a year and they...
I brought these on sale at Best Buy for $44, the price they are at right now are a absolute rip off. ($110) Logitech have discontinued these, I will take a guess in my review why that...
Beats Pro (I want to borrow them) Any takers? - Page 3post #31 of 419/19/11 at 4:42amWell, I had a proper audition with them while in Hong Kong, driven from my D12 setup they really sound unbalanced. There is a lot of bass there, it covers the mids slightly but still bearable. Treble is somewhat present with little sparkle if at all. The main thing I don't like is the bass impact, yeah you heard me right, bass impact. The bass is so slow and floppy, with them I can barely make out each drum hits from the constant boom. Maybe it is a display of lack of dynamic range. While the build is actually pretty solid, I would recommend to stay well away from them if they are at that price.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 419/19/11 at 10:31pmpost #33 of 419/19/11 at 10:32pmThread Starterpost #34 of 419/20/11 at 12:23am
I owned the pros before I got to this website. From my recollection I liked them because of the bass quantity. Were they good for the price? I feel like my denon 2000s stack up well with what I remember of the pros. Sadly I don't have them to lend as I returned them a long time ago.
Best of luck borrowing a pair. I bought them from best buy and returned them there, they gave me store credit for them so keep that in mind. They might hassle you if you want cash.post #35 of 419/20/11 at 4:58ampost #36 of 419/20/11 at 5:05amQuote:
While the Pros are most likely garbage like you said (No place to test them where I am), it doesn't mean a review proving it (again) would hurt.post #37 of 419/20/11 at 6:19amThread StarterQuote:
Because I'd simply still like to know? I like to try headphones good or bad. Largely because, I don't trust something that is universally heralded nor hated by the internet.
Very best,post #38 of 419/20/11 at 9:42amQuote:
I heard the Souls, they are not bassy as the Beats, but overall the sound is even more meh than the Pros.post #39 of 419/20/11 at 4:43pm
I have to commend MalVeauX on wanting to form his own opinions on such controversial headphones instead of going by Internet hearsay.
Even if he does find them to be crap, it's because of HIS experiences with them, not anyone else's. Nothing beats first-hand experience, especially with audio equipment, and even better, first-hand experience in a more controlled environment with good source gear. Also, I'm sure he's like me and doesn't find it right to vouch for or against a headphone he has absolutely no experience with and is thus unqualified to speak about.post #40 of 419/20/11 at 5:22pm
i have heard the beats pro, not on super good equipment, but long enough to draw some conclusions.
1- definitely overpriced (i would price these cans around the 150$ price range, i would even push it to 200 but i won't because there are very good cans you can get at that price (grado, akg, senns).
2- bass isn't as strong as the beats studio (at least thats what i heard). less impact but also not as muddy.
3- mids are still recessed as hell but tend to be more detailed than the beats.
4- highs are rolled off and still not great, but they are better than the other 2 beats pairs.
they however, are still overpriced and shouldn't be looked at. beats pro are not portable like the other beats as they are bigger, thus they are more for at home use rather than on-the-move. in that case, other full-size headphones offer way more quality than the beats pro do at their price range (400USDish). at that price, you can easily get grado 325, hd 600/650, akg k701, ultrasones, dt 880/990s, d2000/d5000, all of which are way better deals for their prices.post #41 of 419/21/11 at 11:45am
TBH although I dont approve of or like brands such as monster etc. IF the headphones sounded amazing and were truly good value for money then I would not bash them...
I am not sure why you are so interested in them because they clearly dont sound particularily good and are also horribly overpriced, ugly looking, celebrity hyped up mediocreness.
If they were bashed because they were sued by celebrities / made by monster etc. BUT were widely regarded as sounding exceptional THEN I would understand why you wanted to try them but they dont lol.
- Beats Pro (I want to borrow them) Any takers?
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › TOPPING NX1 Portable Headphone Amplifier Impressions Thread 28 seconds ago
- › High-End Budget Earbuds (Dasetn, Tingo, Baldoor etc) and Earbud... 2 minutes ago
- › HI fi is so damn addictive ! 2 minutes ago
- › Grado SR325is MINT, original box and warranty, with Leather case,... 2 minutes ago
- › Fostex T50RP Incremental Mods and Measurements 4 minutes ago
- › iDSD micro Crowd-Designed. A Teeny-Weeny Update! (page 104) 4 minutes ago
- › are dacs easy to use? 5 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 5 minutes ago
- › Q701 appreciation thread 5 minutes ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 6 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK100II High Resolution Single DAC Audio Player... by CasperBxl
- › CEntrance DACmini CX by joespride
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by mark2410
- › Astro A40 Audio System - White by MaxiMarciano
- › Logitech Z553 2.1 Speakers by Nada190
- › Future Sonics mg5pro 10mm Ear Monitors by Kunlun
- › AKG K812 by jk47
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by fleasbaby
- › T-Peos Altone200 by ClieOS
- › SONY MDR-XB30EX-B Black | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese... by francopro
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)