- 3,850 Posts. Joined 5/2009
- Location: UK
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for over-ear headphones. Any advice? Last post on 9/27/12 at 12:58am in Headphones (full-size)
- Newbie Looking for Good Headphones Last post on 6/4/12 at 3:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Beats Pro Vs Ultrasone Pro 900 Last post on 12/26/12 at 7:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Upgrading from Beat Pros (They were a gift) Last post on 1/16/12 at 12:39pm in Headphones (full-size)
- New Beats pro to be released in March 2012? Last post on 7/15/12 at 7:56am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The Soundmagic E80 was purchased by me from Penon Audio. I’m not in any way affiliated with Penon Audio or Soundmagic. The price was $69 when I bought them and this is where I ordered them...
(note: pictures included are not mine, I grabbed them from the net to make the article easier to read) I've had these for well over a year and used them at least 5 days-a-week during that...
Many thanks to Brooko for arranging this tour unit Pros: External Playlists: Pretty much my number one priority after sound, this took some fiddling to get working from my Mac/iTunes but I...
At the time of the review, the Venture Electronics Zen was on sale on the company’s Aliexpress store. Here is a link to their listing of the...
Lumia 640 LTE I never owned a portable device (apart from a Sony Walkman in the 80's) because I never felt the use of it. Just out of curiosity, not expecting much, I plugged my Sony MDR-Z7 in my...
Beats Pro (I want to borrow them) Any takers? - Page 3post #31 of 419/19/11 at 4:42amWell, I had a proper audition with them while in Hong Kong, driven from my D12 setup they really sound unbalanced. There is a lot of bass there, it covers the mids slightly but still bearable. Treble is somewhat present with little sparkle if at all. The main thing I don't like is the bass impact, yeah you heard me right, bass impact. The bass is so slow and floppy, with them I can barely make out each drum hits from the constant boom. Maybe it is a display of lack of dynamic range. While the build is actually pretty solid, I would recommend to stay well away from them if they are at that price.
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #32 of 419/19/11 at 10:31pmpost #33 of 419/19/11 at 10:32pmThread Starterpost #34 of 419/20/11 at 12:23am
I owned the pros before I got to this website. From my recollection I liked them because of the bass quantity. Were they good for the price? I feel like my denon 2000s stack up well with what I remember of the pros. Sadly I don't have them to lend as I returned them a long time ago.
Best of luck borrowing a pair. I bought them from best buy and returned them there, they gave me store credit for them so keep that in mind. They might hassle you if you want cash.post #35 of 419/20/11 at 4:58ampost #36 of 419/20/11 at 5:05amQuote:
While the Pros are most likely garbage like you said (No place to test them where I am), it doesn't mean a review proving it (again) would hurt.post #37 of 419/20/11 at 6:19amThread StarterQuote:
Because I'd simply still like to know? I like to try headphones good or bad. Largely because, I don't trust something that is universally heralded nor hated by the internet.
Very best,post #38 of 419/20/11 at 9:42amQuote:
I heard the Souls, they are not bassy as the Beats, but overall the sound is even more meh than the Pros.post #39 of 419/20/11 at 4:43pm
I have to commend MalVeauX on wanting to form his own opinions on such controversial headphones instead of going by Internet hearsay.
Even if he does find them to be crap, it's because of HIS experiences with them, not anyone else's. Nothing beats first-hand experience, especially with audio equipment, and even better, first-hand experience in a more controlled environment with good source gear. Also, I'm sure he's like me and doesn't find it right to vouch for or against a headphone he has absolutely no experience with and is thus unqualified to speak about.post #40 of 419/20/11 at 5:22pm
i have heard the beats pro, not on super good equipment, but long enough to draw some conclusions.
1- definitely overpriced (i would price these cans around the 150$ price range, i would even push it to 200 but i won't because there are very good cans you can get at that price (grado, akg, senns).
2- bass isn't as strong as the beats studio (at least thats what i heard). less impact but also not as muddy.
3- mids are still recessed as hell but tend to be more detailed than the beats.
4- highs are rolled off and still not great, but they are better than the other 2 beats pairs.
they however, are still overpriced and shouldn't be looked at. beats pro are not portable like the other beats as they are bigger, thus they are more for at home use rather than on-the-move. in that case, other full-size headphones offer way more quality than the beats pro do at their price range (400USDish). at that price, you can easily get grado 325, hd 600/650, akg k701, ultrasones, dt 880/990s, d2000/d5000, all of which are way better deals for their prices.post #41 of 419/21/11 at 11:45am
TBH although I dont approve of or like brands such as monster etc. IF the headphones sounded amazing and were truly good value for money then I would not bash them...
I am not sure why you are so interested in them because they clearly dont sound particularily good and are also horribly overpriced, ugly looking, celebrity hyped up mediocreness.
If they were bashed because they were sued by celebrities / made by monster etc. BUT were widely regarded as sounding exceptional THEN I would understand why you wanted to try them but they dont lol.
- Beats Pro (I want to borrow them) Any takers?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Need closed back recommendations. 45 seconds ago
- › "The Lab" 3 minutes ago
- › Music City Meet, 4th Edition -- Nashville, TN -- Fall 2015... 4 minutes ago
- › Reversible AKG K701 bass mod 6 minutes ago
- › Some People Remember How Equipment Sounds! 6 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 7 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Headphone Unveiled Today 7 minutes ago
- › Music City Meet -- Spring 2015 -- Pics & Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Cheap DAC recommendation 8 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT440 vintage 10 minutes ago
- › Soundmagic E80 in-ear monitor headphone by peter123
- › Sennheiser HD8 DJ On Ear Headphones by LAmitchell
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by ade_hall
- › VE Zen by Hisoundfi
- › Lumia 640 LTE RM-1072 Black - Factory Unlocked - International... by Mink
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by whitemass
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by eke2k6
- › Beats Solo HD On-Ear Headphone by Skylarke
- › Heaven VII by peter123
- › Noble Audio BTS by HiFiChris
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3