- 3,928 Posts. Joined 5/2009
- Location: UK
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for over-ear headphones. Any advice? Last post on 9/27/12 at 12:58am in Headphones (full-size)
- Newbie Looking for Good Headphones Last post on 6/4/12 at 3:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Beats Pro Vs Ultrasone Pro 900 Last post on 12/26/12 at 7:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Upgrading from Beat Pros (They were a gift) Last post on 1/16/12 at 12:39pm in Headphones (full-size)
- New Beats pro to be released in March 2012? Last post on 7/15/12 at 7:56am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Introduction: I was asked by Brainwavz’/GPGSHK’s Pandora whether I was interested in reviewing their latest Brainwavz product, the Kidwavz KV100 that was especially designed for kids, so I...
At the time of the review, the Brainwavz Jive earphone was was on sale at Amazon’s website for $25.00 USD. Here is a link to Their listing of the...
You got a budget? You want Bluetooth Earphones? Buy the Qy7. Simple. Done. Easy. There is a little more to it though. Important features is the V4.1 Bluetooth connection, this...
What is Cozoy Aegis?: Did you remember Cozoy Astrapi DAC/AMP? Well this is the brother of it Aegis (right) Aegis (left) and Astrapi (right) Cozoy Aegis is a...
You probably already know OPPO as a smartphone brand, but the company called OPPO Digital isn’t exactly the same. It is the American sister company of the Chinese smartphone company, and its main...
Beats Pro (I want to borrow them) Any takers? - Page 3post #31 of 419/19/11 at 4:42amWell, I had a proper audition with them while in Hong Kong, driven from my D12 setup they really sound unbalanced. There is a lot of bass there, it covers the mids slightly but still bearable. Treble is somewhat present with little sparkle if at all. The main thing I don't like is the bass impact, yeah you heard me right, bass impact. The bass is so slow and floppy, with them I can barely make out each drum hits from the constant boom. Maybe it is a display of lack of dynamic range. While the build is actually pretty solid, I would recommend to stay well away from them if they are at that price.
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #32 of 419/19/11 at 10:31pmpost #33 of 419/19/11 at 10:32pmThread Starterpost #34 of 419/20/11 at 12:23am
I owned the pros before I got to this website. From my recollection I liked them because of the bass quantity. Were they good for the price? I feel like my denon 2000s stack up well with what I remember of the pros. Sadly I don't have them to lend as I returned them a long time ago.
Best of luck borrowing a pair. I bought them from best buy and returned them there, they gave me store credit for them so keep that in mind. They might hassle you if you want cash.post #35 of 419/20/11 at 4:58ampost #36 of 419/20/11 at 5:05amQuote:
While the Pros are most likely garbage like you said (No place to test them where I am), it doesn't mean a review proving it (again) would hurt.post #37 of 419/20/11 at 6:19amThread StarterQuote:
Because I'd simply still like to know? I like to try headphones good or bad. Largely because, I don't trust something that is universally heralded nor hated by the internet.
Very best,post #38 of 419/20/11 at 9:42amQuote:
I heard the Souls, they are not bassy as the Beats, but overall the sound is even more meh than the Pros.post #39 of 419/20/11 at 4:43pm
I have to commend MalVeauX on wanting to form his own opinions on such controversial headphones instead of going by Internet hearsay.
Even if he does find them to be crap, it's because of HIS experiences with them, not anyone else's. Nothing beats first-hand experience, especially with audio equipment, and even better, first-hand experience in a more controlled environment with good source gear. Also, I'm sure he's like me and doesn't find it right to vouch for or against a headphone he has absolutely no experience with and is thus unqualified to speak about.post #40 of 419/20/11 at 5:22pm
i have heard the beats pro, not on super good equipment, but long enough to draw some conclusions.
1- definitely overpriced (i would price these cans around the 150$ price range, i would even push it to 200 but i won't because there are very good cans you can get at that price (grado, akg, senns).
2- bass isn't as strong as the beats studio (at least thats what i heard). less impact but also not as muddy.
3- mids are still recessed as hell but tend to be more detailed than the beats.
4- highs are rolled off and still not great, but they are better than the other 2 beats pairs.
they however, are still overpriced and shouldn't be looked at. beats pro are not portable like the other beats as they are bigger, thus they are more for at home use rather than on-the-move. in that case, other full-size headphones offer way more quality than the beats pro do at their price range (400USDish). at that price, you can easily get grado 325, hd 600/650, akg k701, ultrasones, dt 880/990s, d2000/d5000, all of which are way better deals for their prices.post #41 of 419/21/11 at 11:45am
TBH although I dont approve of or like brands such as monster etc. IF the headphones sounded amazing and were truly good value for money then I would not bash them...
I am not sure why you are so interested in them because they clearly dont sound particularily good and are also horribly overpriced, ugly looking, celebrity hyped up mediocreness.
If they were bashed because they were sued by celebrities / made by monster etc. BUT were widely regarded as sounding exceptional THEN I would understand why you wanted to try them but they dont lol.
- Beats Pro (I want to borrow them) Any takers?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon &... 1 minute ago
- › Astell&Kern beyerdynamic AK T8iE Review (First Impressions from IFA... 1 minute ago
- › Is there really such a thing as a non - colored headphone ( are the... 1 minute ago
- › Need over-ear recommendations 2 minutes ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 3 minutes ago
- › Amp for Alpha Prime 4 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up (Update: April 25th, 2015) 4 minutes ago
- › Best $1000 headphones for O2+ODAC? 5 minutes ago
- › in-ear headphones--help deciding among these 4 (music likes and... 6 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 7 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz Kidwavz KV100 Childrens Bluetooth Volume Limited Headphones by HiFiChris
- › Brainwavz Jive by Hisoundfi
- › Soundpeats Qy7 Mini Lightweight Wireless Stereo Sports/running... by BloodyPenguin
- › Cozoy Aegis Portable 24/192 DAC/Amp by Baycode
- › OPPO HA-2 by ClieOS
- › Westone UM Pro 30 by Voyageur
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by STRMfrmXMN
- › Inearz IE-P650 6xBA driver CIEM by twister6
- › Creative Aurvana In-Ear3 by Fidelity King
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by asymcon
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2