- 4,349 Posts. Joined 5/2009
- Location: UK
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for over-ear headphones. Any advice? Last post on 9/27/12 at 12:58am in Headphones (full-size)
- Newbie Looking for Good Headphones Last post on 6/4/12 at 3:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Beats Pro Vs Ultrasone Pro 900 Last post on 9/27/16 at 10:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- Upgrading from Beat Pros (They were a gift) Last post on 1/16/12 at 12:39pm in Headphones (full-size)
- New Beats pro to be released in March 2012? Last post on 7/15/12 at 7:56am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
For larger images - please click individual photosINTRODUCTIONThis was the 2nd round of the HifiMan review tour of the two new DAPs in their portfolio. I posted the review of the SuperMini earlier...
Linking Mart/Agptek kindly sent me their latest Lossless Media player for review. External Features The first thing that strikes you about this player is its sheer weight and feeling of solidity...
Over the past few weeks I have tried out quite a few over-ear bluetooth headphones in a mad search for the ‘ultimate’ bluetooth headphone. I have tried the Bose QC35’s, V-Moda Crossfade Wireless...
This is a review of the Zorloo ZuperDAC DAC/amp combo. The Zorloo ZuperDAC was sendt to me for free from Zorloo in exchange for my honest review of it. I’d like to say THANK YOU to Zorloo for...
Not an audiophile, but here are my most notable impressions of these in ears: They're V-Shaped Natural, warm, accurate, true to life are not the words I'd use to describe these headphones....
Beats Pro (I want to borrow them) Any takers? - Page 3post #31 of 419/19/11 at 4:42amWell, I had a proper audition with them while in Hong Kong, driven from my D12 setup they really sound unbalanced. There is a lot of bass there, it covers the mids slightly but still bearable. Treble is somewhat present with little sparkle if at all. The main thing I don't like is the bass impact, yeah you heard me right, bass impact. The bass is so slow and floppy, with them I can barely make out each drum hits from the constant boom. Maybe it is a display of lack of dynamic range. While the build is actually pretty solid, I would recommend to stay well away from them if they are at that price.
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #32 of 419/19/11 at 10:31pmpost #33 of 419/19/11 at 10:32pmThread Starterpost #34 of 419/20/11 at 12:23am
I owned the pros before I got to this website. From my recollection I liked them because of the bass quantity. Were they good for the price? I feel like my denon 2000s stack up well with what I remember of the pros. Sadly I don't have them to lend as I returned them a long time ago.
Best of luck borrowing a pair. I bought them from best buy and returned them there, they gave me store credit for them so keep that in mind. They might hassle you if you want cash.post #35 of 419/20/11 at 4:58ampost #36 of 419/20/11 at 5:05amQuote:
While the Pros are most likely garbage like you said (No place to test them where I am), it doesn't mean a review proving it (again) would hurt.post #37 of 419/20/11 at 6:19amThread StarterQuote:
Because I'd simply still like to know? I like to try headphones good or bad. Largely because, I don't trust something that is universally heralded nor hated by the internet.
Very best,post #38 of 419/20/11 at 9:42amQuote:
I heard the Souls, they are not bassy as the Beats, but overall the sound is even more meh than the Pros.post #39 of 419/20/11 at 4:43pm
I have to commend MalVeauX on wanting to form his own opinions on such controversial headphones instead of going by Internet hearsay.
Even if he does find them to be crap, it's because of HIS experiences with them, not anyone else's. Nothing beats first-hand experience, especially with audio equipment, and even better, first-hand experience in a more controlled environment with good source gear. Also, I'm sure he's like me and doesn't find it right to vouch for or against a headphone he has absolutely no experience with and is thus unqualified to speak about.post #40 of 419/20/11 at 5:22pm
i have heard the beats pro, not on super good equipment, but long enough to draw some conclusions.
1- definitely overpriced (i would price these cans around the 150$ price range, i would even push it to 200 but i won't because there are very good cans you can get at that price (grado, akg, senns).
2- bass isn't as strong as the beats studio (at least thats what i heard). less impact but also not as muddy.
3- mids are still recessed as hell but tend to be more detailed than the beats.
4- highs are rolled off and still not great, but they are better than the other 2 beats pairs.
they however, are still overpriced and shouldn't be looked at. beats pro are not portable like the other beats as they are bigger, thus they are more for at home use rather than on-the-move. in that case, other full-size headphones offer way more quality than the beats pro do at their price range (400USDish). at that price, you can easily get grado 325, hd 600/650, akg k701, ultrasones, dt 880/990s, d2000/d5000, all of which are way better deals for their prices.post #41 of 419/21/11 at 11:45am
TBH although I dont approve of or like brands such as monster etc. IF the headphones sounded amazing and were truly good value for money then I would not bash them...
I am not sure why you are so interested in them because they clearly dont sound particularily good and are also horribly overpriced, ugly looking, celebrity hyped up mediocreness.
If they were bashed because they were sued by celebrities / made by monster etc. BUT were widely regarded as sounding exceptional THEN I would understand why you wanted to try them but they dont lol.
- Beats Pro (I want to borrow them) Any takers?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Sony walkman Tips and Tricks 48 seconds ago
- › FiiO New Portable Headphone Amp A1 --Classic & Tiny & Metal 1 minute ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 2 minutes ago
- › Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones 3 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 3 minutes ago
- › Jotunheim Competitors? Looking for a new DAC/Amp combo 3 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers... 4 minutes ago
- › Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Objectivists board room 5 minutes ago
- › Holo Audio Spring R2R DAC 7 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN Megamini by Brooko
- › AGPTek H01 HiFi MP3 Player with Volume Knob &2.4 Inch HD... by Peddler
- › V-MODA Crossfade Wireless Over-Ear Headphone - Rouge by Peddler
- › Zorloo ZuperDAC by peter123
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM In-Ear by Obery
- › FiiO X1-II High Resolution Lossless Music Player (2nd Generation)... by Delance26
- › thinksound On2 wood on-ear monitor headphone (natural black) by d8n0g
- › Bluedio T3 Plus (Turbine 3rd) Wireless Bluetooth 4.1 Stereo... by mark2410
- › Bluedio T3 (Turbine 3rd) Extra Bass Wireless Bluetooth 4.1 Stereo... by mark2410
- › Gemtune Urbanfun Hifi Dual-driver In-ear Headphones,Hybrid Balanced... by loomisjohnson
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...